Lexington And Fifth

By AuthorAnthonyAvina

Vengeance is a dish best served cold! This is a lesson that Ella Garner and her friends will learn the hard w... More

Chapter 1: The Text
Chapter 2: Theft
Chapter 3: The Setup
Chapter 4: It's A Trap!
Chapter 5: Consequences
Chapter 6: Emergence
Chapter 7: The Call
Chapter 8: The Funeral
Chapter 9: Reunion
Chapter 10: Room 13
Chapter 11: Life Goes On
Chapter 12: The Confession Part 1
Chapter 13: Riding in Cars With Fiancées
Chapter 14: The Lair
Chapter 15: Meetup
Chapter 16: Flashback Part 1
Chapter 17: Waking Nightmare
Chapter 18: The Stakes Are Risen
Chapter 19: Investigation
Chapter 21: Confrontation Part 1
Chapter 22: Preparations
Chapter 23: Drunk and Angry
Chapter 24: Writer's Block
Chapter 25: The Kill Room
Chapter 26: Death Arrives
Chapter 27: Shock
Chapter 28: Setback
Chapter 29: Dream A Dream Of Me
Chapter 30: Determination
Chapter 31: Questioning
Chapter 32: Research
Chapter 33: Warning
Chapter 34: Vlog Day 1244
Chapter 35: Regroup
Chapter 36: Driving Identity
Chapter 37: The Last Dinner
Chapter 38: Passion
Chapter 39: Vlog Day 1248
Chapter 40: Stalker
Chapter 41: Christmas Morning
Chapter 42: Office Party
Chapter 43: Time's Up
Chapter 44: This Means War
Chapter 45: Tick Tock...
Chapter 46: Abandon Hope...
Chapter 47: Hell
Chapter 48: Confession Part 2
Chapter 49: Angels and Monsters
Chapter 50: Lost Love
Chapter 51: Officially
Chapter 52: Vlog 1500

Chapter 20: Flashback Part 2

18 0 0
By AuthorAnthonyAvina

With the waves crashing against the empty shores of Santa Monica beach outside their window and the soft winter rain pelting the roof above them, Connor and Ella slept in their hotel suite, soft jazz music and a half-empty bottle of wine evidence of their much needed slumber. While Connor slept soundly, Ella softly shook her head, tears streaming down her cheeks and her hands clutching the sheets as she found herself tumbling through memories she wished she could forget, and feelings she hoped not to recall...

__________________________________________________________________________________

Ella sits with Andrew in the main room of the Hollis University Library, taking a break from studying about the War of 1812 for their American History class to talk about one of their favorite books, The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe. Ella smiled as she watched Andrew's guard fade away and his eyes fill with a fiery passion as he discussed the narrative of the writer's tale.

"...the theme of guilt and justice prevailing just shines through every line that Poe writes. It's just so beautiful," Andrew finished, smiling and looking into her eyes.

"You're right, it is beautiful. I never realized just how beautiful it was until I met you though. You speak with such passion in your voice," Ella replied, smiling back at him and gripping his hand in her own. They were sitting alone in a corner of the main room, away from the crowd, which she would later realize included her group of friends, who were using the library to blow off one of their classes. Andrew looked down at her hand, and she saw his face flush red.

"Um, thanks. I guess I just relate to the story a little."

"How so?"

"Um, well, it's sort of embarrassing, but since I was in junior high, I've always kind of been the kid you see get teased and ridiculed in any high school related movie. I've always been any Anthony Michael Hall character in a John Hughes movie."

"Oh Andrew, I'm sorry," Ella said, gripping his hand tighter.

"I guess I just have always hoped the people who put me down would realize their mistakes, and apologize. I...I don't like being treated that way, but more than anything, I don't like to see people consumed by that need to inflict pain. I pity people like that."

"That's why you're my best friend Andrew," Ella said.

"Why?"

"Because instead of focusing on yourself, you worry about the people who have caused you pain. You always put others first, even when they don't deserve it. You are an inspiration, Andrew Ingram."

Andrew blushed, gripping her hand in his own and staring into her eyes with the very same passion for which he spoke of the story. Their love of books was one of the first things the two ever bonded over, and it was in that moment that they both privately realized that they loved each other.

As they sat there, Ella looked up and noticed Greg standing near one of the bookshelves in the library, staring at them and clenching a book tightly in his fist. Rage filled his eyes, and Ella could see he was jealous of Andrew, for despite going out with Kate, he lusted for her, and she'd always spurned his attempts to get her into his bed.

What a scumbag, she thinks in head, and she turns back to Andrew, gazing into his eyes and memorizing his face, as if her dream self was able to reach back across time and tell her memory self to never let him go.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Outside on the rain-drenched beach, the hulking corpse of Andrew Ingram watches the hotel window, and as if able to peer into her very soul, acknowledges Ella's last thought.

"The choiceeee...is madeeee," Howie mutters through Andrews dead lips, before turning away and wading into the dark, murky waters of the beach, disappearing into the night like the specter that he is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
172K 2.5K 32
The MHA universe is in for a real shock when they find out about a universe that has real God's, Monster's and that a Foundation of quirkless people...
9.9M 499K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...