It Only Takes Once

By Its_Imani

Shakayln Smith, a 26 year old lawyer, goes out one night in three years and finds herself pregnant by kingpin... More

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 1)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 2)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 3)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 4)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 5)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 6)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 7)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 8)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 9)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 10)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 11)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 12)
Attention!!
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 13)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 14)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 16)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 18)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 19)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 20)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 21)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 22)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 23)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 24)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 25)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 26)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 27)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 28)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 29)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 30)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 31)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 32)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 33)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 34)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 35)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 36)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 37)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 38)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 39)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 40)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part I)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part II)
It Only Takes Once (Epilouge Part III)

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 15)

250K 4.8K 1K
By Its_Imani

Khadarious Pov:

"Ma'am I'm going to need you to calm down" The nurse said to Shakayln, she was trying to help her put on the hospital gown but Shakayln wouldn't cooperate.

"My fucking babies are in danger and you want me to put on this ugly ass gown" She cried.

"Shakayln shut up and put on the damn hospital gown so she can help you" I snapped at her. Not to mention I didn't feel good, probably because I haven't had a meal or my insulin in almost twenty four hours.

"You don't have to yell" She said with her lip trembling so I knew she was about to cry. I didn't mean to yell at her but I was nervous and worried for the health of Shakayln and my babies. She had a panic attack in the car on the way to the hospital so I had to be strong for her even though I wanted to have a breakdown right with her.

"You're right, I'm sorry baby but you need to calm down and do what she says so we can check on our babies." I said making her calm down long enough for the nurse to help her into the gown and lay down in the hospital bed.

"Okay ma'am were going to do some blood work and an ultrasound to see what's going on with these babies" The nurse said making Shakayln freak out again. She hates needles, she even gets scared when she watches me take my blood sugar and give myself my insulin. She usually has to look away or she'll get nauseous.

The nurse left out of the room to get everything she needed to do Shakayln's blood work and ultrasound.

"I'm scared" Shakayln whispered looking out the window of the hospital room.

"Everything's gonna be fine" I said sitting down in the chair beside her hospital bed.

"You promise?" She asked looking at me.

"I promise" I said before leaning over and kissing her forehead.

"Okay, first I'm going draw some blood and then we're going to do an ultrasound to see if we can hear the heartbeats." The nurse said coming back into the room.

"Okay" She said quietly. The nurse put on her latex gloves and proceeded to draw blood from Shakayln's left arm while she was squeezing the hell out of my hand and biting my shoulder. That girl got some sharp ass teeth and a strong ass grip, I swear Imma have bruises in the morning.

"Alright, all done. I'm going to send this off to the lab and we should get some results in the next three to five days" She said putting the vile of blood into a plastic bag.

She washed her hands before going to the ultrasound machine and getting everything ready for it.

"There are your babies, and we do indeed have two sets of heartbeats. Did you already know what you were having?" The nurse asked while smiling at us.

"No, they were both turned the opposite way so we couldn't really see" Shakayln said wiping her eyes. She started crying when we heard both our babies heartbeats.

"Well it looks to me like you're having a boy and a girl. Congratulations " She said smiling at us. Shakayln was full on sobbing by the time the nurse wiped her stomach and fixed her hospital gown.

"Baby, don't cry everything's fine" I said grabbing her hand.

"I know, I'm happy" She hiccuped before blowing her nose. "My babies are okay" She said smiling.

"We still have to find the root of the problem that caused your bleeding. We're going to keep your overnight for observation." She said writing on a clipboard.

"I hate hospitals" Shakayln whined after the nurse had left.

"It's just overnight you'll be fine" I said before answering my ringing phone.

"Hey" I said answering Shakayla's phone call. Before bringing her to the hospital I called her sisters and informed them of what was going on.

"Hey, what room are y'all in?" She asked breathlessly.

"We're in the maternity building, room 504" I said making Her smack her lips.

"So you mean to tell me we're in the wrong building after we literally ran up two flights of stairs" She said groaning before hanging up.

"Your sisters are on their way up, I'll be back Imma go get you some clothes and stuff." I said before leaning down to kiss her forehead and her belly.

"No don't leave me." She said grabbing my arm.

"I'll be right back baby" I said kissing her on her lips this time before placing my hand on her stomach. "Give me an hour and I'll be back" I whispered before kissing her lips again.

"Okay" She pouted. "Hurry back" She said before slapping my ass as I turned around.

"Shakayln" I warned

"Okay, I'm sorry" She said laughing.

"I'll be back, love you" I said before heading out the door.

"Mika, meet me in lot C on the third level by my car. I need you to come with me to the house so you can help me get some clothes for your sister." I said into my phone when I got off the elevator.

"Alright I'm on my way" She said before hanging up. I walked the long ass way to my car and when I got there Mika was leaned against it talking on the phone.

"I love you too Rodney." She said grinning. I rolled my eyes at their bipolar relationship and pressed the button unlocking the doors.

"Okay baby, I'll see you tonight" She said giggling.

"What you mean you can't come over tonight?" She said with an attitude.

"I swear you love that damn job more than you love me." She mumbled.

"You know what Rodney, fuck you." She yelled before hanging up the phone.

"Y'all are a trip" I said laughing before pulling out of the parking garage.

"He get on my nerves; talking about he can't come over because he got work in the morning." She said smacking her lips "Shit if that's the case the next time he wants some sex I'll have work in the morning too." She said huffing and puffing.

"Shamika quit doing that boy like that, you know he loves you" I said shaking my head.

"No he don't, he loves that job" She said frowning.

"Whatever Mika" I said giving up. She was stubborn just like her big sister and there was no proving either one of them wrong.

"My sister loves you ya know" Shamika said after a few moments of silence and just the radio playing softly in the background.

"I know, her stubborn ass just won't admit it" I said pulling into the gates of our house.

"She'll say it eventually." She said laughing.

"When we get in the house I need you to pack her bags. I'll show you where everything is and while you're doing that I'll pack my stuff." I said before honking my horn at my night security guard James.

"Alright, you know if you need somebody to look after the house while you're gone I'll be happy to do it" She said nodding her head.

"Yes Shamika you can spend the night." I said rolling my eyes before.pulling into the garage and turning off the car.

"Damn K.D how many cars do you have?" She asked looking around the mini car lot I had in my garage.

"I don't know, you can count" I said shrugging my shoulders before getting out the car and waiting for her to follow me inside.

"Okay here's her closet and all that good stuff, I'll go get her her little carry on bag or whatever" I said before going down the hall in the storage room to get her oversized Gucci carry on bag.

I took it to Mika and she began packing stuff immediately. I went back to the storage room to my MCM backpack to put our toiletries and stuff in.

After that was packed I got my Adidas gym bag and started putting random articles of clothing in it.

"Hey I need you to get somebody to keep an eye out on my wife's hospital room. I'll text you the details." I said to Trent, one of my most trusted workers.

"I thought y'all wasn't married yet, y'all got married without me. I thought you said I could be the ring bearer" He said seriously. I swear this boy got issues.

"We haven't got married yet, you can still be the ring bearer" I said rolling my eyes.

"But you just called her your wife, if y'all aren't married yet then you technically can't-" He said before I cut him off.

"Bye Trent" I said before hanging up the phone. While I was waiting for Shamika to finish packing up Shakayln's stuff I went ahead and text Trent the details of Shakayln's room location and who could and couldn't come visit her. I have quite a few enemies and I don't need them coming for me through my wife and children. Including Bria, that nurse Shakayln kicked in the head for touching me.

"Okay everything's packed" Mika yelled.

"Alright let's go" I said putting my backpack on my back, my Adidas bag over my chest, and Shakayln's bag on my shoulder.

I took Shamika to her apartment so she could pack some clothes and get her car since she would be staying at our house tonight. I called James my night security guard to inform him to let her through and open the doors for her cause I'm not giving out my security codes to my house. Family or not, hell Shakayln better be glad I gave her the codes to the house.

The whole ride to her apartment she was on the phone with Rodney and they ass's was basically having phone sex like I wasn't there.

"Y'all need Jesus" I said shaking my head while turning the car off.

"You do too" She said pointing her finger at me. I followed her into her apartment and waited with her while she packed and whatnot to make sure she was safe.

After she had everything she needed we got in our separate cars and drove to the hospital.

"Mika you're here" Shakayln yelled when we walked through the door. "Baby you look cute" She sang when I walked in after Mika while carrying our bags.

"What's wrong with her?" I whispered to Shalandra.

"You know how she gets when she's tired" She said shaking her head.

"Alright Shak Imma head home, I'll come check on you tomorrow" Shalandra said after a couple hours of all of them being goofy together. I swear if they sang another Dru Hill song I was going to scream. Shakayla and Shalandra both stood up and went over to her hospital bed and kissed her cheek.

"Nooooo, don't go" Shakayln whined.

"Bye Shak" Shakayla said before telling he rest of us bye.

"No baby, no baby, no baby. No, no, no, if you take your love away from me I'll go crazy, I'll go insane. No baby, no baby, no bay, no, no, no, no baby, no baby, no baby, no, no, no" Shakayln sang off key

"Shak shut up and go to sleep okay" Shakayla said before her and Shalandra left the room.

Mika stayed for another hour before decided she would leave when Rodney called saying that he called into work.

"I swear to God y'all better not have sex in my house. Don't think I won't know either. I got cameras all over the damn place" I said pointing my finger at her.

"Haha, we wont" She said laughing before telling the both of us bye before leaving out the door.

"Baby come lay with me." Shakayln said yawning. I was sitting on the extra bed on my phone while Shakayln was in her hospital bed fighting her sleep.

"In that little ass bed?" I asked with my eyebrow raised.

"Yeah" She said in a duh tone

"You get on my nerves" I mumbled before going and to her bed. It wasn't working for me just laying on the side of her because I was uncomfortable as hell and didn't have any room. "Ugh I'm too damn big and tall for this" I groaned.

"Hold your IV in place" I said to her before picking her up and laying her on my chest. Times like this I'm glad that she's so damn small compared to me.

"I'm sorry we didn't get to go on our trip." She said putting her hands underneath my shirt and rubbing my skin.

"We can go another time, I'm just glad you and my babies are okay" I said kissing her forehead.

"I'm hungry" She said before looking up at me expectantly.

"Don't even try it, you know the nurse said you can't eat until morning so they can run testing" I said smacking my lips

"But baby-" She whined

"Nope, you better suck on them ice chips" I said pointing to the cup of ice by her bed.

"Ugh you get on my nerves" She mumbled before smacking her lips.

"Have you though about baby names yet?" I asked stroking her hair. I don't know how, when, or where this affectionate side came out of me but Shakayln clingy ass loves it.

"No, but I've thought of themes for their rooms. I can't wait to go shopping" She said yawning.

"Baby go to sleep" I said kissing her forehead before placing both my hands on her belly.

"I'm so excited, I can't believe I'm having a boy and a girl. I know I said I didn't want a girl but I can't wait until she's old enough to go shopping with me, Mika, and Victoria and then I can dress her up and do her hair. And our son will be so cute, he'll look just like you and he can hang out with you Devin, and Chris and then y'all can do manly stuff like go to the barbershop. Ooooh you can teach him how to play sports and I can teach our daughter how to do girly stuff. We can do family things like go to church together, go to the park, go to the zoo, and go shopping together as a family. I can't wait til they get here." She went on and on. I could tell she was tired because every now and then she would doze off in between words and then start talking again.

"Baby go to sleep, I know you're tired. We can talk in the morning" I said rubbing her stomach until her light snores filled the room again.

"You think we'll be good parents, I'm kinda nervous, what if they don't like us?" Shakayln said waking up again.

"Everything will be fine, I'm sure we'll be great parents" I said reassuringly.

"Are you sure you won't get me anything to eat?" She asked looking up at me hopefully.

I didn't say anything I just simply reached over and handed her the cup of ice chips.

"So you're just gonna starve me and your kids?" She asked with an attitude.

"Shakayln, you're not going to starve. Just go to sleep and you will be fine I promise" I said after sighing.

"Can I at least have a piece of gum?" She asked looking up at me.

"Hell no, leave me alone and go to sleep. The faster you go to sleep the faster you get food in the morning" I said enthusiastically.

"For real?" She asked excitedly. Her eyes lit up and everything.

"Yeah" I said trying not to laugh.

"I hate you, jerk!" She my mumbled before punching me in my chest.

"Babe you should've seen your face, I swear you are so damn greedy" I said laughing, earning another punch to my chest. Shakayln hits like a damn man so I shut up quick, I was not trying to get hit again. It was funny but not that funny.

"Khadarious" She whispered after waking up again for a couple minutes of her falling asleep again for the fifth time.

"What babe?" I asked opening my eyes and looking down at her expecting her to tell me she was in pain, had to pee, wanted food, or even that she couldn't sleep. What she told me was totally unexpected.

"I love you" She said before snuggling up in my chest and falling asleep, this time for good.

550 VOTES

-Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!! She finally said she loves him.

-The babies are okay.

-A girl and a boy

-Shamika and Rodney nasty as heck

-K.D and Shak are so cute to me

On another note I'll be gone from

Wattpad for a while. Not too long but just long enough for me to get myself together. So please don't badger me to update because you will get straight ignored. Nothing personal, I'm just going through a lot right now. Keep me and my family in your prayers please and I'll do the same for you. I really appreciate your patience.

In the meantime check out books by:

-living_4_today

-Yeah_thats_Demira

-HoneyEssence and Urban Escape

-TrillAsTaja

-Shantii14

-Lovetowrite09

-Lindaverji

Or any books in my library

-God Bless ツ

-Peace, Love, and Beyoncé ✔♪♬

~Love Imani ♥★

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5.3K 28
What happens when 15 year old La'Nya goes to a party with her bestfriend and ends up sleeping with some random boy and gets pregnant. Book #1 - That...
3.5K 240 32
"нє ѕανє∂ мє , ι ∂ι∂ тнє ѕαмє fσя нιм.. мαувє ωє мєт єα¢нσтнєя αт тнє ωяσиg тιмє.. ι ℓσνє∂ нιм , нє ℓσνє∂ мє вυт ∂σєѕ тнαт яєαℓℓу мєαи тнαт ωє ωєяє м...
764K 32.9K 66
What a tangled web we weave, when we lie to deceive.. Having to watch his parents demise at an early age, Joseph is brought up by an uncle who played...
694K 15.8K 42
19 Year Old Nina Is Fresh Out Of High School, On Her Way To College To Get Her Associate's Degrees She Only Have Her Grandad Who Is Fighting Lung Can...