Infinite - Jake T. Austin Lov...

By forevermaralee

Lara Estrada, a simple teenaged girl, lives in Alaska. She is quiet, maintains a good reputation, and a littl... More

1: A Summer Home
2: Unexpected
3: Sonic
4: Soup
5: Lipstick
6: Glasses
7: Shortcut
9: Chocolate
10: Drink
11: Sand
12: Cup
13: Bedtime
14: Clip
15: Sleepy
16: Awkward
17: Today
18: Ever Since Day One
19: Klutz
20: Pancakes
21: More
22: Hidden
23: Film
24: Confusion
25: Liars
26: Crazy
27: Truth
28: Over
29: Tension
30: Unwanted
31: Near but Far
32: Switch
33: Revealed
34: Promise
35: Ice Cream
36: Mousetrap
37: Technology is Essential
38: Charms
39: Weights
40: Quarrels
41: Spilled Mess
42: See the Light
43: Unnoticed
44: Sudden
45: Fears
46: Fearful
47: Reminder
48: Prepared
49: Back
50: Reunite
51: Start

8: Stain

3.7K 50 10
By forevermaralee

Hey you guys. I post on random days. I'm really bad with my words, but if my book was a movie, it'd be so much better cuz I'd know exactly what I want. Well, enjoy chapter 8(:

__________________________

Chapter 8: Stain

"This steak is amazing," Jake exclaims as he cut up another piece of steak on his plate.

"My, my, sir Jake, your appetite is compelling!" My uncle says in complete amazement since Jake has eaten two steaks already.

Jake has been at my house - well, my aunt's house but you get the point - for twenty minutes already. We're in the dining room with my aunt Lea and uncle Jesse. My other aunts finished their food quickly and left the room to watch their soap operas on the TV.

"Honey, go grab the dessert; Jake has to stay and eat some of my world famous pistachio cupcakes," my aunt words out with pride.

My uncle stands up and walks into the kitchen.

Jake wipes his mouth and speaks, "Pistachio cupcakes? The ones you brought to set one time? Those are amazing!"

Jake cuts another piece of his steak and takes a bite.

I put my right elbow on the table and my face on my palm. I'm bored out of my mind. I've been sitting at this table for longer than I should, but I have to wait until Jake leaves if I want to go to my room.

"Lara, elbows off the table," Jake says making me lose my train of thought. He directly looks at me and smirks.

"Who says?" I reply back quickly.

"I did," Jake says and grabs my right arm and puts it in my lap.

What the heck.

"You didn't have to - you didn't have to touch me, I could've done that myself," I say as I grab my phone out of my back pocket.

"Like you would actually do it if I hadn't," Jake cuts another piece of his steak.

I start to laugh to myself.

"What's so funny?" Jake asks as he chuckles a little bit not knowing what's going on.

I reply, "You have," I start pointing to the corner of my left lip, "some sauce on your lip." From the corner of my eye I could see my aunt across the table covering her mouth trying not to laugh.

"I do, where?" He puckers his lips and tries to look at them.

"No, not - no, not there," I curve a smile on my face as he wipes his face, "No, it's still there."

"Dear, just wipe his face for him," my aunt coos with a slight snicker.

Jake looks at me, and I look at my aunt as if she grew another head.

"No, it's fine; I got this," Jake replies.

My aunt throws an unused cloth at my face, telling me to wipe his face. "Auntie!" I scream, but she glares at me. I grab the cloth and make a tip.

I turn my attention to him, and he seems all calm and serene. My right hand begins to tremble.

*
Point of View: Jake T. Austin
*

"No, it's fine; I got this," I say nonchalantly trying to find this sauce on my mouth.

Ms. Lea - I mean, Auntie, then throws a towel at Lara's face. I didn't know she was serious about making Lara wipe my face.

"Auntie!" She screams. It seems like her cheeks were starting to redden. I look at Auntie, and I see her glaring at Lara.

Lara turns her attention to me. I felt like going mad at that exact moment our eyes met. Lara diverts her eyes to anything but my eyes; it seems I pulled off looking fine and normal..

I see her hand rise up, shaking a little; why it is shaking, I do not know, but it seemed kinda cute. She sighs loudly, maybe to show her aunt how much she didn't want to do it. Her eyes were a little puffy with a glass coat of water from earlier, but it isn't noticeable unless you stare at her and analyze her features.

She smears the cloth on my face and puts it on the table.

"There, now you don't have sauce on your face," she pouts making her lower lip extend out, turning back to eat her vegetables. She stabs her vegetables and stares at Auntie, who was grinning slyly.

"Oh, lemme check on Uncle Jess," Auntie says out of the blue, "I bet he's eating all the cupcakes I made."

I chuckle and nod, "I hope not, those are amazing!"

She excuses herself from the table leaving me and Lara alone. Lara's fork makes chiming sounds as it stabbed her plate; I see her eyes maneuver to me.

"What?" She says surprised by me looking at her.

"You have something on your face," I say while glancing at my plate.

She quickly says, "What? I do?" She wipes her face and asks, "Is it gone now?"

I smirk and tell her it's still there. I take my thumb and put some sauce on it without her noticing.

"Here, lemme help you," I say. She fidgets and moves her chair away from me. "I won't do anything bad," I say defending myself. She looks at me with a weird expression.

"Just tell me where?" She says quietly.

I put my thumb on her cheek, "Right here."

Her eyes widen as she feels the sauce I put on her face, and I burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh, Jake!"

She takes a cloth and dabs it on her face, "This might cause my breakouts!" She sounded really mad, but then she starts laughing. "Oh my gosh, that sounded so stupid," she says while continuing to laugh.

"I thought you were actually mad," I say, but then I get cut off by Auntie and Mr. Jess.

"What's up with all the laughing," Mr. Jess says while holdings a tray of cupcakes.

I look at Lara, and I say, "Lara accidentally choked on her snow pea."

"What? I did n- oh yea, I did," Lara replies back.

"Well here's the desserts, your uncle has been eating in the kitchen," Auntie sighs and glares at Mr. Jess.

I stare at my watch, "I think I got to go, it's getting pretty late," I stand up from my chair.

"Jake, you shouldn't leave. It's almost 11, and it's really dark. Just stay in the guest room!" Auntie says with earnestness.

*
Point of View: Marian Lara Estrada
*

My eyes widen. What. Did auntie just say what I think she said.

"Oh, no. It's fine, I can go," Jake replies while putting his hands to gesture no.

"Yes, you shouldn't go," my uncle backs up my aunt, "It's late."

"No, it's fine sir, I can leave right now," Jake replies again in a firm voice.

I'm here sitting down looking up at them talk.

Since uncle Jess is half Spanish, he starts speaking and in the end, Jake said, "si, señor."

I digest what just happened. He's gonna stay here.

I excuse myself saying I needed to do my routine before bed, but my aunt says I need to show Jake to his room.

"Oh, I should check if I have extra clothes in my car," Jake says moving back.

"Oh okay, hurry back inside," my aunt says. He leaves for about two minutes and comes back holding some clothes. By that time, I'm already by the stairs.

Jake follows behind me, and the only thing that can be heard is our feet making the wood creak at every step we take.

"So, where am I staying?" Jake asks in a regular voice which seemed louder than usual because we were both silent.

"Oh, uhm.. You're on the fifth floor," I say in a bland tone, "we have to go up all the staircases." We are on the third floor going to the fourth.

He sighs and asks, "Where are you sleeping then?"

We walk pass my room and I point, "Right here."

He nods and looks at the staircase in our direction. "I'll find my room up there," he says, "You go do your nightly routine."

I smile and enter my room, "Just knock when you need anything," I say before shutting the door in his face.

I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. "Is he really here..."

Before I could think about anything, someone knocked on my door. I stand up and approach, "yes?" I peak through the slightly opened door.

"Hey, uhm, do you guys have any toothpaste I can use?" He asks trying to cover his breath. "Check the cabinet in the small bathroom, they're in there."

"Can you come with me?" He says looking at the staircase.

"Why?" I ask seeming a little harsh. "Because, uh.." Before he could finish his sentence I swing open my door and lead the way.

After a moment or so, we got to the small bathroom in the fifth floor. I enter it not knowing that Jake was still behind me. When I turn around, my face was right on his chest, and his breath moved up and down.

"I thought you were waiting outside the door," I say backing away from his chest. "Well I'm not," he steps closer to me, and I immediately go back another step and feel the cabinet touch my back.

"Here's the toothpaste!" I say pushing him away and getting out of the bathroom.

Before he could say thanks, I was already on the staircase.

*****

The ceiling stopped squeaking about fifteen minutes ago, so I'm assuming Jake went to bed. It's been an hour and a half, and my hair is still wet. I should go try out the music room until my hair is dried. I stand up and go to my bedroom door; before I come out, I turn on the lights in the hallway. I hate the dark.

I peak at the light on the ceiling.

3...

2...

1...

I dash to the music room across the hall and slam the door shut. There's a glass window, so I can still see the light being illuminated. I turn on the light in the music room as well.

I grab the guitar and start making up some chords. I sing with the chords.

He's soothing like
a lazy ocean on the sand.
He takes care of me and
helps me be a better woman.
He's so wonderful, sometimes
I have to close my eyes,
he's exactly what I need.

After I ended the song, I look at the glass window. The light is still on, so I keep playing. I put my mouth on the pop filter and start singing.

Hi, boy you just caught my eye.
I thought I should give it a try and
get your name and your number,
Go grab some lunch and eat some cucumb-

Before I could finish the verse, the light disappears, and it's dark in the hall.

__________________________________

So, a little cliffhanger? Yes? Yes x) please continue reading! I know what I'm doing in the next chapter, so please continue to read my story! Thank you for all the support you guys give!

Vote - Comment - Share - Follow♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

685K 11.6K 32
"Oh god," I made little gasping sounds, unable to stop my eyes from rereading the note again and again."This can't be happening." Love conquers all...
464 9 5
This story takes place in the streets of "Las AngelDust." We follow a group of 7 kids, Junovi, Rio, Aiyanna, Paolo, Ornella, Zy, and Makani. This is...
3.3K 19 24
Jacob Hayes. Yes the one with the gorgeous hazel eyes and dazzling smile. I'm not self conceited. I'm just....confident. ===== It's summer time and J...
19K 159 29
Alyssa goes on vaction with her best friends (including her boyfriend) to the place that she call her paradise on earth. Her grandparents used to liv...