Behind The Selfies (CharDawn...

By dearpenguinsx

chardawn one shots collection. haluder penguins! More

Make You Feel Special
You're Still Mine
Sweet Tent Treats
The Story of Us (CDP)
Sweet Little Angel
Golden
Still
Still (2)
Home Again
Author's Note
A/N
All For You
Let Me
A Little Sacrifice
Give It A Try
Give It A Try (3)
Instalove
A No Pro Bono Matter

Give It A Try (2)

1.6K 65 7
By dearpenguinsx

Richard wakes up at almost 6:00 in the morning, feeling a bit uncomfortable. He rubs his eyes and sees his bestfriend naked. "Fuck. May nangyari nga kagabi."

He tries to remember everything that had happened last night. He was very aggressive & she was so wild. They didn't just make-out, they made love. Made love? Siguro "bestfriend" love lang for him 'yun.

He kisses her forehead and heads to the bathroom. After taking a bath, he goes down to the kitchen to cook their breakfast. He also calls her personal assistant to bring her clothes here.

Richard cooks her favorite food for breakfast and decides to watch a basketball game in the sala while waiting for her to wake up.

---

"Ouch. Wait. Shit, ang sakit." Dawn finds it hard to move properly because of the pain she's feeling right now. Pain from what? Don't tell me... She looks under the blanket and finds herself naked. Pain from sex? Fuck. I had sex with my bestfriend! This can't be.

She fixes herself, does everything to feel cool, fresh, & okay. Dawn opens his closet and wears his t-shirt. She goes down and finds him watching in the living room.

Dawn's having a hard time on going down the stairs so her footsteps are really that heavy - that catches his attention.

He gets up and walks near to her. "Are you feeling ok na ba? Dawn... about last night---" She stops him.

"Chard, can we not talk about it?" He nods and leads her to the dining table.

They start to eat, talk about everything, argue about a particular issue they've read in the newspaper, and eat again.

"Hayop ka, pinagsamantalahan mo ko." He chews his food and smiles.

"Bakit sino bang marupok?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Bakit sino bang mapusok?" She gets her fork with an egg on it and points it to him.

He eats the egg on her fork in very seductive way that pisses her off but ends up laughing at him. "Tumigil ka na nga dyan."

---

"Good morning po." The employees greet them as they enter the office - holding hands. When the elevator opens, it seems like it's almost full. Those who are in there are looking to each other, thinking if they should go out - a way to give respect to their bosses.

"Okay na 'yan. Kasya pa naman kami." They hop inside and everybody's stealing glances at them.

Dawn, who seems to be so tired & puyat, rests her head on his shoulder and closes her eyes, not minding of what others may think.

"Take a rest muna. Move ko nalang yung meeting mo." He whispers.

She shakes her head, "Huwag na." He kisses her forehead, pressing her head closer to him. "Okay lang."

The doors open and the rest goes out, leaving them alone. They stay there in that position until it opens again.

"Good morning, Ate Paz. Na-move yung meeting neto, ha? From 8 AM, 9 na po." Her secretary nods and smiles at them.

"Thanks." She taps his back and heads her way to the door. "Wala man lang kiss?"

She shakes her head, goes back to him, and decides to kiss him on his cheek but he turns his head, that makes her kiss him on his lips. "Loko."

"Hintayin mo ko mamaya, sabay na tayo umuwi." She nods and waves at him as he goes on his way.

She does her thing, he does his stuff, not noticing it's already getting late.

Dawn checks her watch - 9:30 PM but still, no signs of him. She checks her phone and tries to call him but he isn't answering. She accidentaly opens her camera roll and sees their photos. She smiles while looking at those, feeling a bit kilig.

Is having sex, part of this game? What about the kilig she feels everytime he does something sweet, is it still a part of this "prentending" game? Or they're not? because these might belong to something else. In falling in love, perhaps?

"No, hindi pwede. Bestfriend lang. You are just doing this for him, okay? After ng event, wala na. Okay? okay?!" She tells herself.

Her thoughts got interrupted when her phone beeps.

Gomez:
in a resto tonight, medyo mamaya pa yata to matatapos. don't worry pinasundo na kita sa driver ko. tama na work, pahinga na. :-)

She smiles upon reading his text. If only they aren't great friends, she would have dated this man, agad-agad!

---

This morning, they didn't come together. Dawn arrives earlier and Richard hasn't come yet. She finishes as many papers as she can for this morning and decides to rest for awhile.

She calls her secretary to ask her the events she needs to attend this week. "Bukas po, free - no events. On Friday naman po, Richard's event po ang pinalagay niyo po dito sa akin."

Dawn nods and waits for her to go out. She sits and calls him. "Hello? I'll go to your office. Okay. Bye." She goes out and heads to his office.

"Ano na? Wednesday na, anong plano for Friday?" She puts her hands on his table and stares at him.

"You will just pretend as my fiancée, 'yun lang." Pretend, Dawn, pretend. She tells herself.

"I know, what will I wear?"

"Kahit ano, everything looks good on you naman, eh." Her cheeks are kinda blushing.

"Fiancée? Sige, I'll find a ring nalang sa jewelry box ko! I have to go na!" and she leaves.

After spending so much time with tons of works and papers, Richard decides to go to the mall alone to have some "me" time. He buys clothes for himself, walks around the mall but stops when he passed by a jewelry shop.

He thinks that if he's going to introduce her as his soon-to-be wife, why don't he buy a ring for her, instead of using her old ring. So he enters the shop and looks for a ring that suits her.

He chooses the one with a diamond at the center, simple yet so elegant -just like her.

Meanwhile, Dawn goes home earlier than the usual because no meetings are set tonight. Also, she wants to spend time on her room to sleep and tries to remember everything that had happened last, last night until she falls on sleep and her thoughts became her dreams.

---

Richard goes back to the office so he can drive her home but her secretary tells him that she already got home.

He drives back to her house and finds her maid going down from the stairs. "Manang? Kailan pa po kayo nakabalik?"

"Hijo! Kanina lang. Ayun, tulog ang kaibigan mo. Gisingin ko nalang daw pag kakain na." She points her room and taps his shoulder.

"Huwag na po kayo magluto, meron na po dito." The maid nods and goes to the kitchen.

"Ikaw na bahala, ha?" He smiles and heads to her room. He tries to knock but it seems like she's still asleep so he enters inside.

She was peacefully sleeping when he enters but suddenly wakes up when his phone rings. "Hey. What are you doing here?" She rubs her eyes and yawns.

He sits on the bed beside her and kisses her forehead. "Wala lang. How was your day?"

"Okay lang naman. Nasaan ka kanina, ha? Hinahanap kita."

He smiles and cups her face, "Girlfriend na girlfriend naman ang dating." She takes off his hands from her face.

"Eh, ikaw kaya? Dumaan ka pa dito just to bring that one-- Gosh! Is that my favortite steak?" Her smile widens and gets the paper bag from him.

"Yup." Richard prepares it for her. He's about to stand when Dawn holds his hand. "Thanks, Chard."

"Anything for you, Love." He lifts her head and puts a kiss on her lips.

"Richard!!! Abusado ka na." He just laughs and goes inside the bathroom as she continues to eat her food.

In the middle of her meal, his phone rings again but he's in the bathroom. "Babe--- Chard! Sagutin ko na, ha?" She shouts.

She didn't hear a response from him so she answers it. Right before she speaks, the man on the other line interrupts. "Sir, turned down na po ang offer with Mr. Reyes. Ok na po?"

Dawn got speechless. Turned down? Richard knows how Dawn loved to get that one. She had been targetting that company for months. She doesn't know what to feel right now.

"Pst! Tulala ka dyan."

"Why did you turn it down?"

He places the towel on the knob and faces her. "Turned down, what?"

"Come on, Gomz." Ooh, Mr. Reyes's offer.

"Bakit anong masama 'dun?"

"Anong masama?" Her voice is starting to raise. "Alam mo kung gaano kahalaga 'yun sakin. Alam mo 'yan!"

"I did it for you." He tries to be calm.

"For me? Wow, Gomz." He runs his fingers on his head.

"Yes, I did it for you!" His voice is starting to raise, too. "When I saw their offer, alam kong hindi na maganda. Dehado tayo. Trust me."

"Trust you? Again? basta I want you to call them again."

He completely loses his temper.

"Bakit? Kailan ba kita binigo pag sinasabi ko sayong mag tiwala ka sakin, ha? Look, Dawn. The company means so much to me. Sa atin 'yun eh, pinaghirapan natin dalawa 'yon. Kung gusto mong makitang unti-unting mawala sa atin lahat ng ito, go! Call them!"

He looks at her for a moment and walks away, leaving Dawn in tears.

Hours passed by but still no calls or even messages from him. She tries to contact him once but she doesn't even get a reply from him. She's also having second thoughts about that issue and ends up falling asleep.

---

Early in the morning, she gets up and prepares herself for today. She's thinking if she should go to his office or not. She's really uncertain about everything today.

At 7:30 in the morning, Dawn arrives in the office. She goes directly to his office but ends up going back to hers because he isn't there yet.

She's still waiting for his reply to her tons of messages & missed calls while killing her time doing her work & signing these documents. She forgets to eat her lunch & doesn't even bother to take a break.

Dawn falls into a deep sleep after all and suddenly awakened by the knocks on her door. "Ms. Dawn, kailangan daw po kayo sa 8th floor, meeting po."

"Ngayon na?" Paz nods and closes the door. Dawn fixes her hair and does a retouch on her make-up.

She's about to ask Paz to come with her but it seems like she already took her break so she goes there alone.

Dawny 👑:
If ever pupunta ka sa office ko, nasa 8th floor ako. 😊

She texted him but no longer hopes for a reply. She rides the elevator and welcomed by the staff on the 8th floor.

The floor seems to be so calm, so peaceful. She've spent so many mornings walking around here when she's stressed, also the fact that the prayer room can be found here.

When she enters the room, she sees Paz. "Oh, Ate Paz, what are you doing here?"

"May meeting pa po kayo, eh. 'Di po muna ako nagbreak."

She's about to ask her more questions when the door opens. "Ms. Zulueta, can you sit now, please?" The guy smiles and prepares his powerpoint.

Dawn is kinda speechless. She doesn't know what is happening. She didn't expect this nor did she expect him.

Her photo appears on the first slide of the powerpoint. "Today, my main target is this woman. Interesting, 'no?"

"Very one of a kind, really. She's always been my go-to person, my partner in everything. So, why would I look for more, if I have her naman?"

"Hey, you. Stop." Covering her lips with her hand.

"Love..." He walks closer to him and asks her to stand up, & she does. He kneels and brings out this small box with a ring on it.

"Will you be my soon-to-be wife?" Tears are already starting to fall from her eyes. She nods and smiles at him sweetly.

He puts the ring on her finger, hugs her, and whispers. "Even just for a day."

She shouldn't be crying, this isn't even a real proposal, nor a real relationship, but why? She tells herself.

"Sila rin pala magkakatuluyan. O'siya una na po ako. Parang ayaw ko na tuloy kumain, nakakabusog sa kilig!" They all laugh as she goes out of the room.

"You didn't really have to do this. Anyway, thank you."

"No, thank you." He moves closer to her, wrapping his arms around her waist when her phone beeps. iMessage...

Patty:
Uy, ano wala man lang paramdam? Bukas, dinner uli. You owe us so many kwentos, gaga. Di pa kayo sumipot ngayon... tsk

He's trying to kiss her but she puts her phone infront of him. "Oh, from Patty." He scratches his head and reads it. Richard gets the phone from her.

"Tingin ka dito, dali! Pakita mo 'yung singsing." He laughs.

"Uy 'wag na. Baka maniwala talaga ang mga loko." He doesn't listen to her and raises her hand. Dawn just goes with the flow.

He takes so many selfies, one with her hand raised while he wraps his arm around her, one with them kissing, and the last where Dawn thought he's done taking pictures so she hugged him once more.

to: Patty
'di pwede si dawny, pats. sosolohin ko to bukas. -richard

...and also sends their pictures.

"Tara na, uwi na tayo." She nods and lets him hold her. They've decided to spend the night at Richard's.

>>>>>
may part 3 pa (last), mga bhe! 😂 waitingz. grabe, thank you po for reading!!! ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 32.3K 23
Kim X Jeon (Season I)
134K 4.7K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
5.8K 365 25
a story of two person having a different lifestyle and an opposite characteristics. Would they bare each other's flaw despite of being so opposite i...
Connection By Ara

Fanfiction

113K 2.1K 19
They told me to be grateful for the roof above my head, food on my table, affording hundreds of thousands of tuition fees, and all the other luxuriou...