Back to secret of the east #W...

By the_rising_sun

"Why don't you understand Gawri, this will ruin your marriage" he cupped my face with his hands. Guilt was wr... More

A quick glance
Anticipation
Royal guardian
He would come
Villain or Villains?
Start the job
Royal guard in disguise
On the hill
Sand Storm (Bawandar)
Hunting fort
Good news
A little trick
Prophecy
Hidden possessions
History and Mystery
Mari-Gold
Back stabbing
Yearly plan
Burning pyres, igniting revenge
Finding death
slow poison in making
Leaving home
Die every moment
Let it go
Touch you not
Healing the souls
Real becomes Fake
Backstabbing the villain
Opening up
Waking the giant
Waking the giant 2
Pani means Water
Burden of Guilt
Unclaimed property
Virtual keeper
Handle with care
Plain Pain
Love story
Entwined destiny
Wise friends
Job under threat
Feeding the bird
Thank you dinner
Unknown killer
Always a backstabber
Threatening Reality
Grudge
Planned deception
Rage
shame
Finally I knew her
Old flame
watching over
Appeal to the lovers of "Secret of the East"
Unintentional accident
Saving disguise
Enemy
Flying without wings

Planning fake friendship

791 72 25
By the_rising_sun

Hi my lovely readers, sorry to make you wait but I was not feeling well lately. But I have regained my health and will try to update asap.

Please VOTE and COMMENT on this chapter.

Please tell me how do you like the look of Captain Wilkinson :)

Bhuwan POV

One year passed and I forgot that incident. Our Gurukul (open school) was near the border of Bhanugarh and princes and sons of ministers of various kingdoms get educated there. From past one year, I was listening that Gorey (white) people are taking controls over many kingdoms and collecting tax from people while the kings were just sitting on the throne for formality.

One day, I saw Prince of Raunakpur sitting near the shiv Mandir (shiv temple) in deep thoughts. We were best friends despite of difference in our status and age. Yes, he was 12 while I was six but he always shared his every problem with me.

He was throwing pebbles in the pond next to the temple. He always did that whenever he felt afraid or angry. What could be the reason today.

"K hoya kunwar ji? Aaj kis bat pe para chadh hua hai Raunakpur k bhavi maharajah ka (what happened Prince? What has irked the anger of to be king of Raunakpur)" I asked casually but his face fell after looking at me. I felt that he will break into tears anytime. I quickly side hugged him and rubbed his back.

"K hoya kunwar sa(what happened Prince)" panic settled in my heart. He looked at me like he was deciding in his mind that should he tell me his problem or not.

"Mhare ko bata sako ho. Thakur ji ki Saun, kisi ko na bataunga (you can tell me. I swear on Lord Krishna that I won't tell a soul)" I assured him and his lips quivered.

He hugged me and cried on my shoulder for good ten minutes. I wiped his tears and make him sit on the big stone.

He sniffed and went to pond to clean his face. When he returned, he was quite relieved.

"Bhuwan thare ko yad hai pichle hafte hum masa se Milne gaye the (you remember, last week I went to meet my mother)" I nodded in agreement and he spoke further. His mother was ill and king has requested our teacher to send him for some days.

"Rani sa thik to hain na?" Please god, don't let anything happen to his mother.

"Masa thik hain Bhuwan lekin hamari riyasat (mother is fine but my kingdom)" I frowned in confusion when he mentioned his kingdom. What could be wrong with the kingdom which has affected him this much?

"Goro me hamari riyasat par kabza kar liya hai (white people has taken control over my kingdom)" I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. His kingdom is the next big kingdom after Bhanugarh and very near to our borders. Does it mean that those firangi (foreigners) will come to our kingdom too.

"Han Bhuwan, je sach hai. Baba sa ab sirf nam k raja honge. Jab mhare ko je bat pata chali to hum baba sa se Milne unke mahal pahunche. Hum unke kaksh me Jane hi wale the ki humne ek firangi ki awaj suni. (Yes Bhuwan, it is true. My father is just a king for namesake. When I got to know that, I went to king's palace. I was about to enter his room when I heard voice of a foreigner)" I focused all my senses on his narration because that information can help in saving my country. My royal guard blood kicked in through my veins.

These English men has spoiled the minds of our neighbor kings. There was a time when small and big kingdoms lives in harmony but since these foreigners came, they want to fight with each other. I have heard from the guards that these people follow divide and rule policy.

They encourage their ally king to attack the other in order to claim more land and they help them by providing their army on Liege. When the other king get defeated, they set their troops in both kingdoms and slowly take control.

They collect double tax, loot people, sometimes kidnap women and even make them change their religion. These foreigners have destroyed the old schools and opened their English schools so that they can get English speaking employees. My fingers clenched into a fist on remembering the negative things and people plight told by the guards.

"Kya suna aapne kunwar sa (what have you heard Prince)" I asked in a dead tone and then he told me the whole story.

Flashback

"Aapko hamari madad karni he hogee raja saheb (you have to help us king)" the English captain gave his final statement.

"Captain Wilkinson, aap jis riyasat pad kahenge hum us par humla karne ko taiyar hain lekin hum Bhanugarh ki taraf aankh utha kar bhi nahi dekhenge (we will attack any kingdom of your choice but I won't even look at Bhanugarh)" the king has replied in a determined voice. After all, his sister is married there. He can't betray his brother in law and the other reason is that he could never win against Bhanugarh.

"Aap jante hain k iskaa nateejaa acha nayee hogaa. Apkee ranee jee ki jaan seeraf amaree vajah se Bach payee hai. Hum chahe toh abhee k abhee oonka eelaz rok sakte hain (you know that the consequences will not be good. Your queen's life has been saved just because of us. I can stop the treatment by any moment.)" He remain seated in the chair while holding his cigar between his two forefingers.

"Aap kyun kar rahe hain aisa. Aap kuch bhi kar le lekin hum unse nahi jeet sakte. Itni si bat apko samajh me kyun nahi aa rahi (Why are you doing this? Whatever you do but we can't win against them. Why don't you understand this little thing?" King was trying hard to stop this ruthless army captain from attacking his sister's house.

"Hum unse kyun nahi jeet sakte maharaj? Hamare pas bandukein hain, tope hai, barood hai jab ki unke pas wahi purane hathiyar honge (why can't we win against them? We have guns, we have cannons, gunpowder while they must have old weapons)" the king pity in his overconfidence. If it was that easy then he would have already captured Bhanugarh.

"Kisne keh diya aapse k unke pas bandukein nahi hain, unke pas aapse bhi achche hathiyar hain captain Wilkinson (who told you that they don't have guns, they have far better weapons than yours)" this was the main reason that he had to accept his lovely sister marriage to the king who is double of her age.

This new information has instantly caught attention of the middle age captain. How could it be possible that any indian king has better weapons than theirs and he has no knowledge about it. He always gather all information about the enemy kings before attacking them and his spies has not mentioned such things. He didn't get any information of import og any ammunition from the west then how it has become possible for the king of Bhanugarh to have guns and cannons.

"Aapko achi tarah se pata hai ya aapne afwah suni hai (Do you really know that or you have believed some rumors)" it was important to confirm from this greedy king about this new information.

"Humne khud dekha hai captain wilkinson (I have seen myself)" King has not liked this captain a bit. Had he not needed him for his wife's treatment, he would have thrown him out at this moment for doubting his statement.

"Aur kya kya jante hain aap Bhanugarh k bare me Raja saheb (What else do you know about Bhanugarh)" he took out an apple from the bowl and started rolling it on his palm.

"Bhanugarh ki teen taqatein hain, uski sena, uske hathiyar, aur uski soch (Bhanugarh has three strengths, its army, its weapons and its political knowledge)" He sipped the English wine from his goblet thinking about that whether should he mention about the curse or not.

"Kuch aur bhi hai Raja saheb jo aap batana chahte hain (Is there something else left which you want to mention)" Is he a mind reader or what?

"Nahi aur kuch nahi. Meri salah maniye aur Bhanugarh par akraman karne ka vichar tyag dijiye (No, nothing else. Consider my advise and stop thinking about attacking Bhanugarh)" No he won't tell about the curse. This man doesn't look religious and he would take it lightly. Please god, change his mind otherwise he would bestow the curse on himself and me.

"Okay" the king looked at his white face and chocolate brown eyes in surprise because he has just granted his wish.

"Kya matlab apka? Vistar se kahiye (What do you mean? Explain yourself)" He couldn't understand him properly.

"Hum Bhanugarh par akruhman nahee karnege lekin ek shart hai. Aap Bhanugarh k raja saheb se hamari dosti karwayenge (I will not attack Bhanugarh but I have a condition. You will introduce me to the king of Bhanugarh and facilitate our friendship)" it is worse than the attack. What this Captain is planning?

"Hum aisa nahi karenge. Hum jante hain aap unhe dhoke se marne ki koshish karenge (No I won't do that. I know that you would try to kill him through cheating)" He gripped the goblet tightly while controlling his anger.

"Soch lijiye Raja saheb, agar aapne aisa nahi kiya to main apne doctor ko abhi vapis bhej dunga aur apki ranee do din me mar jayengi. Hum apko ek ghante ki mohlat deta hai, apko apnee wife chahiye ya Bhanugarh ki dosti (Think properly King, If you have not done as I said then I will send my doctor away and your queen will die in mere two days. I am giving you an hour time, decide properly that you want your wife or Bhanugarh's friendship)" He stood up and went without bowing to the king. The king was clearly offended but he has not shown it.

"Maharaj ki jai ho. Maharaj Bhanugarh se sandesha aya hai. Apki agya ho to andar bheju (Hail the king. Your highness, there comes a messanger from Bhanugarh. Should I send him in with your permission)" A castle guard appeared in front of him and bowed elegantly.

He nodded in yes and dismissed him. The messenger came and bowed in front of him. He delivered the message that his sister and the other queen is expecting and the king has welcomed him to his kingdom for the celebration. He dismissed the messenger saying that he would attend the function and then slumped in his seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 167 10
"Do you have any idea what will I do to that smart mouth or yours, darling?" "What are saying?" "Oh my innocent babygirl, you didn't understand, did...
240K 17.2K 48
"Why the hell did you kidnap me? I will never marry your shameless cousin. You asshole! What made yo.." I was cut off by the finger on my lips by my...
200K 6.7K 70
Everything in her life was best... she had her family, friends and even now had a good and caring partner whom she was soon going to marry. she loved...
545K 30.3K 53
She was struggling to tie the dori of her kurti but couldn't so She was trying to find her friends to help her with this but no one came into her vie...