The Royal Thrive (Completed)

By TwoPolarOpposites

Walking pass these beautifully painted and carved palace walls, the sounds of her high heels clacking against... More

The Royal Thrive
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 1 - The Beginning
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 2 - The Royal Palace
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 3 - Naomi and Anna
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 4 - Prince Nathan and his ego
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 5 - A Mother's Rant
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 6 - Revenge? I've never been so scared
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 7 - The other prince?
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 8 - The anti-social ghost
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 9 - I believe people call it...Telekinesis.
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 10 - Noah's helping hand
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 11- Nathan the bipolar
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 12 - Evil calculation
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 13 - A holiday together
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 14 - Disaster
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 15 - Empty threats
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 16 - The punishment death
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 17 - Worthiness of love
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 18 - A Foreseeable Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 20 - Giving up
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 21 - Betrayed
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 22 - Ascend to power
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 23 - Declaration of Solipsism
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 24 - Defend or Offend
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 25 - My friends
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 26 - To love and be loved
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 27 - Reminiscing the past
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 28 - Jealousy
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 29 - Overtaking Danger
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 30 - Bloodline
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 31 - Guilt
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 32 - Deep in the heart
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 33 - First Attack
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 34 - Cruelty
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 35 - Confused Hearts
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 36 - Two paths
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 37 - Shattered
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 38 - Something and Someone
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 39 - Confessions
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 40 - Our fault
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 41 - Conflict
The Royal Thrive - Chapter 42 - The End
The Royal Thrive - Epilogue
The Royal Thrive - Extra Chapter

The Royal Thrive - Chapter 19 - My mate

6.9K 264 24
By TwoPolarOpposites

Quite a few of you have been waiting for this chapter - the title says it all! Sorry that it's a bit long.

...

Standing there between the three of us anger that has been building inside me causes me to forcefully pull away from Noah's grasp, "If you're going to accuse someone do it properly" Slowly walking towards the minister he doesn't flinch as I stood just a few centimetres away from him. "My visions were never wrong. My job is to eliminate any potential dangers to the kingdom, you're not any different" He glares down at me causing me to grit my teeth as he continues. 

"You may think at this very moment that you're harmless, however you're just like a clear canvas, easily tainted by anything. If I let you continue the way you are you might become someone who brings misfortune. In fact you remind me of a man I once met a long time ago - he had eyes like yours, he once was a innocent and naive young man until one night when he suddenly changed and became someone corrupted and twisted in the head. He abused power, he got rid of everything that stood in his way. Of course he died a long time ago - he died for the very reason of him becoming too arrogant in his own actions. Dragged down by his own intelligence - right now to me you're just like his doppelgänger. I won't let history repeat again" 

In a bat of an eye he attempts to grab my throat however Noah was in time to use his ability over water to restrain him - whilst he struggled I stood there in my own world. Me becoming twisted and corrupt? It won't happen, if I am someone who would abuse power I would've took my father's position a long time ago. Unless… something in me doesn't want to merely take upon a small beta position - perhaps it's aiming for something even greater. All this thinking makes my heart beat uncontrollably fast; so fast I can't even register what's happening in front of me. Grabbing the minister's shirt I pull him closer to me "Tell me how to get out of this then! You should know right!?"-"I've already told you haven't I? To stop it you will have to die"  Shoving him backwards I look back at Noah "This is a load of bullshit" I simply said before turning on my heels ready to walk out of the room, my guts just wouldn't let me back off so daily. 

"Look old man" Turning over my shoulder the minister stares at me.

"Whatever you saw is a fake. I, Raine Avery definitely won't let it happen. So listen carefully, don't accuse me again" 

Pointing my index finger at him, the entire falls silent as the minister and I have a staring competition. Then out of the blue the minister starts laughing "Noah, you win" He smirks looking over at Noah "Surely her eyes are different than that man's" - "What the hell so you was joking?!" I yelled at him causing him to glance over at me "No. I wasn't joking. In the vision I witnessed despite it being vague you became someone ruthless. However, the future can change what I saw may not happen it may happen it is a game of chance. That's why I'm telling you now, seeing from your eyes I can tell that you can change what I saw. I am giving you a choice" - "Then are you saying I owe you a favour?" I crossed my arms and he simple smirks. 

"That's right" 

He nods before Noah retreats the binding on the minister, "Noah, since I'm not killing her you better keep your promise too" He nods at Noah who automatically nods back and with that answer the minister takes one last glance between us before making his way out the room on the other side. "Noah" I call him whilst walking over with a million questions in my head - what did they promise? Moreover, why? "Noah" Repeating his name he still doesn't answer me, what can I do when he doesn't even answer to his name? "Noah" I ask again with my voice slightly annoyed with him not answering at all. 

"Hey!" I yelled and grabbed his shoulder to make sure he's ok, because now he's scaring me and the moment I grabbed his shoulder he flinched and moved away it was as if I scared him. "Sorry" I immediately apologised and frowned, it feels like the first time we met. How he didn't like people touching him, it's all that old man's fault. 

The friendship I've been trying to build is crumbling before me - in fact I don't even know what's wrong with Noah. A moment ago he tried to protect me now he is avoiding me, I wonder does Nathan or my father and the rest of the pack knows about the minster's vision. I don't like being labeled as a dangerous threat. The more I think about it the more annoyed I'm getting, without myself even being aware my clenched fists is shaking with anger. "I'm going" I simply said and left Noah in the room alone to find my mum - yes I know, normally I wouldn't turn to her because she nags but she is my mum, the one who hopefully would love me for who I am. 

Knocking on her door I know she is inside hearing the sewing machine running - typical mother.

 "Come in!" 

Twisting the golden door knob the door to her room clicks open as the dim light invites me in the room, my mother sits at the far corner with her glasses on looking hardworking as she sews some old clothing. "What have you done now?" Her voice asks with a flat tone as if she's expecting me to be in trouble - well… that's understandable since I always get in trouble. "You have so much confidence that I'm in trouble mum, you're so supportive" I jokingly laughed as I closed the door behind me. "Spill the beans Raine" She sighs as she steps off the pedal that runs the sewing machine, "Mum in your eyes what am I like?" She frowns at the question and sighs "You never listen, you never follow the rules, not to mention you never tidy up!!" Jeez she just doesn't get it does she? I roll my eyes "Young lady don't roll your eyes at me!" She points her index finger accusingly at me whilst I turn and face the door reaching for the door knob, "Mum, if in the future I change are you still going to love me?" Glancing over my shoulder to look at her she just looks at me confusingly not understanding why I just asked a question like that. Holding up the shirt she just starting sewing she folds it into place "Change is meant to happen over time, obviously as a parent I'd love you for whoever you are. Anyway what change are you trying to imply? You're scared you'll be changing when you find your mate? Look when you find your mate you'll become more mature and of course I want grandchildren as well!" Oh my mum will never stop hammering me down about my mate - which is not what I'm looking forward to. "Ok, ok mum I get it. NOT!" Running out the room I hear her yell my name but I knew she wouldn't come running out for me, and letting a sigh of relief a natural smile plasters on my face. Screw that vision, even the old man said I can change the future if I have the will power to go towards the good side. With a bit of that horrible feeling from my chest lift I decide to let that thought slip, who gives a shit about that. 

About another few days later the minister leaves and explained how he is impressed how some of Nathan's arrogance isn't there anymore, so surely the king would be pleased. After the minister leaves I still haven't spoken to Noah properly, he seems to still be quite bothered about it. It's not just bugging him but it's bugging me also!

"Nathan!" 

Yelling Nathan's name as he enters the living room he casually looks over his shoulder, "What?" He asks as he slumps down on the sofa switching the TV on. "Any idea where Noah is?" I asked after being unable to find him anywhere - I needed an answer, and I want it quick. "Isn't he in the kitchen?" - "You think I haven't looked?" I sighed whilst taking a seat next to him which caused him to look at me up and down, I know why he's looking at me like that. Normally I wouldn't sit close to him because of our relationship - we still hate each other's guts but we can still be classed as friends. Moreover, I can take the chance right now and ask him "So… has Noah or the minister told you anything?" "About you bringing danger to the kingdom?" We didn't spare a glance at each other which is normal - fur us at least. 

"That old geezer is always full of bull shit anyway. He just likes to scare you" I chuckle at his reply and leant against my open palm whilst my elbow softly caused a dent in the leather "How do you know?", "I rather not say" Nathan suddenly pulls up a defence making me raise my eyebrow, "Oh? You sound experienced" - "I trust his words and got me in debt to someone for the rest of my life. How's that?" His words ring a bell, Noah once told me about Nathan, about him owing someone so much that he can't even repay it with his life. Instantly I feel as if i'm intruding, once again.  "Sorry, I didn't mean to" Suddenly Nathan just turns off the TV making the room suddenly silent, the air thickens in between us which made me snort "Whats with the awkwardness" Scratching my temple I had to roll my eyes; feeling Nathan shuffle and moving I thought he'd be getting gip and leave but in fact he just moved about an inch closer to me. 

"This side of the sofa just completely sunk down you know?" I laughed causing him to laugh "Clearly you're fat" He retaliates back at me causing me to lift my head away from my palm "It's that ego of yours that weighs about a million tons" - "So? I thought girls like confidence" Ok, I can't deny that I mean what girl doesn't want a guy with confidence but seriously when a guy is so confident that it's about to burst out of him that's when you need to lay off. "Clearly the only girl's you've been around are the shallow ones" I shrugged before suddenly I feel his head against my shoulder, I had to look twice to see if I am seeing things. Unfortunately I'm not, "Woah, we're not close enough to be shoulder buddies" I try to push him off yet he insists to cling on, "Let me stay on your shoulder and I'll tell you what's the matter with Noah" - "I'll get it out of him when I see him" My chin softly touches the top of his hair as I swing my head to the right as if he is at my eye level. 

Nathan just laughs making my shoulder feel a strange sensation, "He made a stupid deal. Everything is just funny to watch" 

So he did know about this 'deal'; "What's the deal? Tell me, to pay me as rent for using my shoulder" Smirking I know he is also as well, "To make sure you stay away from the palace affairs, Noah promised that you will never take a step into the palace or get involved with it" - "The hell is he smoking?!" I yelled and pulled away from Nathan making his head drop down to my waist before he sits back up "I didn't even plan to go and get myself involved with all that extravagant palace anyway?" "That's why I said it's funny to watch. Like I said that old man is probably doing it on purpose" Something in those words made me suddenly wary - 

"Are you implying he could be lying?" 

My question causes Nathan to stand up quickly as he ruffles his hair; It is true, I haven't considered that the old guy could be lying well I did at first however Noah's actions and the old man's words made it seem so certain. If perhaps I did fall into a trap, a trap that he set for me to feel depressed and wary of all my actions. Not to mention he made Noah promise to keep me away from going near the palace and the palace affairs, what could be his reason to go and drive me around this big circle? 

"If you want a proper answer go and find Noah, he's in his room" Nathan mumbles before I grab hold of his hand - I look up at him and instantly we make eye contact, neither of us flinched. Sure, we don't often see each other eye to eye however Nathan has helped me through some situations. Scrap that, it was only once now it's twice. "Uh, where's Noah's room?" My question causes him to laugh, it wasn't my fault that I don't follow them to the room? The furthest I've been in the west wing is the kitchen and the living room! 

Knocking on the wooden door I could smell that Noah is in there - his room. The first knock he didn't answer so I knock the second time and still no answer. "OPEN THE DOOR!" With my fist I pounded the door before I hear a click, is that his way of telling me to go in? Not caring I push the door open and there he was standing right there, with water droplets dripping off the end of his wet hair. He must've just got out the shower - "Hey" I smiled awkwardly knowing I probably interrupted him yet I couldn't not stand in awe of his room, everything screamed elegant but not elegant in a way that it seems feminine. You can say everything matched each other and every decoration complimented each other. 

Snapping back to reality I grab Noah to his balcony which had the perfect view of the forest that we train in, "We need to talk" In all seriousness we stare at each other, with so many things happening lately I've been so out of character and I need to clear things up before I return to being the carefree Raine. "You want an explanation" Noah states, it wasn't even a question in fact and positioning himself leaning over the balcony I notice a drip of water run down his temple. "I do. Unless you're not treating me as a friend" - "What good would it do to you if I tell you?" 

Is that even a question? 

"It'll do me good because it's involving me. Noah, you shouldn't shoulder everything alone and definitely not when I'm included in it" I forced myself not to put my hand on his shoulder, just stand back waiting for him to answer me. So he does. 

"Well then let's start with this" He holds his hand out for me to take causing me to give a confused look frowning causing a gentle 'v' in-between my eyebrows. I look up at him for reassurance and he just blankly urges me to take his hand, and taking it willingly I gasp and flinch back. 

The moment we touched. The moment our skin made contact. So he knew all along?! Those sparks that cause my heart to race - all these things fit in with the description Jayden once told me about. The feelings you get when you meet - 

"That's right, he's our mate"

Last chapter of the week, now I'll revert back to a chapter a week or maybe a bit longer since I'll be super busy. So before you leave please either vote or comment below to show some support! 

P.S Explanations for why Raine only finds out she's Noah's mate will be in next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 7 31
When Rox's father left she had no idea why, or what she had done at the age of 5 for him to not care. After her new neighbors moved in next door her...
11.5K 332 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
502K 13.4K 42
The fate of a not so human king and a definitely human girl became entangled in a single meeting. A teenage girl from the 21st century somehow ended...
4.4K 121 30
Alexandra Stan was always on the run because of what she did. She just keeps moving never stopping for no one. Will she ever stop? Will she find some...