My Boss's Son

By TheWrittenVoice

Nikolai Osbourne is running out of options. How could he coax his notorious son into marriage after exhaustin... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N
Chapter 15
A/N
Chapter 16 pt 1
Chapter 16 pt 2
A/N
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
A/N
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
A/N
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 40 (Honestly)
Epilogue

Chapter 22

42K 1.4K 76
By TheWrittenVoice

Her cheeks rendered a bright red but this time it wasn't from basking in the ambience of her fifteen minutes of fame, it was from a palm. A very swift unexpected palm that sent needles through her entire face. Ashley knew having Valarie around was a threat but after their encounter earlier, she proved to be a bigger threat than she had initially thought. You would think such an incident would tame the wild cat but it only fired her up more. She was determined to keep Valarie down and using her as a step to lift herself up.

She had a sketchy plan in her head. Mr. Osbourne wanted new designs for the next show and it was new designs he was going to get. No matter what it took for her to get them. Ashley flipped her hair and plastered her game face on. She trotted over to Fashion and began sifting through the designs that didn't make it to the last show. There was nothing worthy. Nothing that came remotely close to 'her' designs. In every draw and in every cupboard, she looked for potential sketches and clothing that other designers may have left behind.

Mr. Osbourne was eager to talk to Valarie about his son. He seemed to have improved quite a lot since her input. "Valarie I should really consider increasing your pay again." Valarie raised her brow and tilted her head slightly to the right. "Really? Why?"

"I can tell Dimitri I improving a lot. Before now, he probably blew up every show or important meetings we did together. After that fashion night, he's surely changing my views in his competency. Also, I don't see him running around after those low lives anymore. He's still a bit sketchy but much better than I thought he would be. "

"Great now he's thanking me for a son who is the biggest sissy and liar in the world. Yay me!" Valarie muttered in her head.

Her best bet was to just play along just like everyone else was. "Haha don't mention it."

"So how is everything with you and ...Well how have your matters with the bank been going? Have your aunt contacted you yet?"

"Well I'm still saving towards it. Hopefully I get there soon but they aren't giving me an easy time. I probably get a reminder at least once every day. It's really frustrating and my aunt haven't contacted me yet nor answered any of my calls since."

"Ahh Valarie I'm sorry that you have to go through this. Please keep me updated. If you need more help, I'll- "

"Hey I'm fine." Valarie stopped him "I'll be fine. I'll get it cleared off somehow. This is my responsibility." Before Nikolai could continue on the topic, she changed it.

"So...Have Ashley come up with any new designs yet?"

He was reluctant but he could sense that she clearly didn't want to further the previous topic. "She told me that she is working on them and I'll only get to see them when it's perfect."

"Ohh is that so?" Valarie seemed impressed. "Well I can't wait to see them. I'm sure they will be no less than what she presented the last time. "

"Valarie you should really consider putting your designs up for this one. My wife was telling me how talented you are. She has seen a few of your designs before."

"Oh no, no. I don't think I have the heart to pull off something great. After all, I didn't even have the dedication to keep working tirelessly on designs for the last show like Ashley did."

Nikolai shook his head. "Always so stubborn aren't you? Every time my wife doesn't see your work in the show, she thinks is because I prevent you from showing it."

"Haha don't worry I'll clear up that issue with her the next time we meet. Dimitri wanted me to take care of some stuff so I guess I better get to it. You know the next few weeks are going to be crazy."

"Ahh yes definitely. Brace yourself for it" Nikolai chuckled.

"I'm always prepared don't worry."

As if nothing had happened, Valarie went back to work. The only thing is that she was conflicted by what exactly her work was. Dimitri still wanted her to work on designs but she was determined not to for the sake of preventing another occurrence of what had happened before. There was no way she was going to have her designs stolen from her again. The little devil on her left shoulder thought up an evil plan. If Dimitri so insisted on her continuing to design, then the design of the century is what he was going to get. She leaned against one of the walls just outside the balcony doors, took a deep breath and pulled her sketchbook out. Valarie mindlessly scribbled a drawing of a stickman. The head was tilted to one side and an enormous grin covered it's face. She then proceeded to draw a floral bikini with a ruffled under piece. From the hideous masterpiece, she drew and arrow and wrote the name Dimitri next to it. Valarie lifted up her work and smiled. "There goes your design Dimitri!"

She felt an instant relief after her outburst and smoothed the creases form her clothing then returned inside. Valarie trotted down the hall in an unusually happy mood and headed over to fashion to check on the other designers. All behold, she encountered yet another nightmare for the day. Ashley weaved in and out of draws searching her life out. Valarie folded her arms and stared at her from a distance.

"Can't find your designs?" Valarie questioned. Ashley froze and spun around slowly. She stood up tall and tucked he hair behind her ears. "Yes I'm sure I left my sketchbook here somewhere."

"Ahh yes. I'm pretty sure you'll find the book that doesn't exist lying around here somewhere." Valarie chuckled.

Ashley rolled her eyes. "Don't you have something to go do?"

"Yes I'm working on some more designs...right here in this book" Valarie patted the book with the right hand. Ashley's eyes shifted constantly between the book and Valarie. "I'm holding onto this one pretty tightly. These are classics."

Her eyes couldn't stop glancing at the book. If she could have magically stolen it, she would have but Ashley was determined to put up a front. She flipped her hair "Oh whatever. I don't need your designs. You'll see again when I blow the next show off the charts."

Valarie smirked. "Oh we'll see alright."

Kyle had just left Dimitri's office after having one of the greatest but worse conversations of his life. The end result of Dimitri's proposal was fantastic but what he was asking him to do before the big bombshell was the hard part. He wanted him to befriend Ashley and push Valarie away for the next few weeks. He also wanted him to steal Valarie's designs and give them to Ashley. In order to do that, he would have to play the two faced snitch. Continue to sort of be Valarie's friend so that she would trust him with her designs while working under low with Ashley so that he could make Valarie's designs accessible to her. How could he befriend the devil while being an angel's right hand?

He paced the floor frantically. "Oh this is good. But this is not good. This is not good! What if I listen to this douche and the plan fails and he lets Ashley steal Valarie's designs again? Valarie will hate me forever. I can't let her hate me. But what if he really means his threat and I don't do what he says and I get my ass fired. 'Fired'. Just the thought of that world give me chills. I honestly don't know what to do. I can't even tell Valarie about the plan. I'm pretty sure Dimitri will know if I did."

The room suddenly became too hot. Kyle unbuttoned his jacket and started heading over to fashion. If he encountered the women separately then his job would be easier but to put on his little act when they were together was going to deem impossible. He walked reluctantly fearing the worse. Sweat beaded down his face and is heart raced.

Just a few feet away from those daring doors, Valarie emerged. Kyle was startled and jumped back a bit.

"Whoah it's just me. Ha! Are you okay?" Valarie asked. "You look petrified."

Kyle's eyes looked around quickly but there was no sign of Ashley the coast was clear...for now. He hurriedly regained himself.

"Oh haha. I'm fine. My mind was just elsewhere and you caught me off-guard I was just thinking about what I will wear tomorrow."

Valarie shook her head. "You never skip a day planning an outfit do you?"

"No, not at all."

"So what's the style tomorrow?"

"I'm thinking yellow. All bright and friendly yellow."

"Ewww yellow! I hate yellow" Valarie squirmed.

"'But you will love it on me" Kyle teased.

She chuckled.

"So what have you been up to?" Kyle attempted to build conversation.

"Trying to figure out what my purpose is here right now."

"Valarie don't be silly. You know you still got to work on designs."

"Still gotta work on designs? Last time that happened, somebody else took the credit. I'm not up for that this time."

"It won't happen again. I promise. Once maybe but twice never. Ashley will not get to pull another stunk like that again." Kyle placed his hands on her shoulders and looked down at her. "Val, don't give up on your designs. I want you to take that sketch you are holding and work it. Give it your all. I promise things will be different this time."

She sighed. Just the thought about what happened made her sick to her stomach but she couldn't stand sitting around and doing nothing. "Fine I'll get another sketch book to work on proper designs. This book is for my venting designs."

Kyle looked at her confusingly. "Your venting designs?"

"Yes." Valarie opened her book and showed him the masterpiece she did earlier. She snorted as Kyle's eyes zoomed in on it. They both busted into laughter.

"I'm sorry I had to. He made me mad earlier."

"Haha gurl I actually think this look suits him better."

"'I know right! You see why we get along so well?"

"Yes. If ever I go to jail, I know you will be right behind me" Kyle joked. "So where were you heading?"

"Away from Ashley actually. I just caught her in there trying to sift up whatever designs she could. I'm going up to the balcony now. I think better when I'm there so I'm sure I'll be able to come up with some sketches."

"Ohh no the dog was looking in the trash can for another bone. Tut, tut, tut how sad. I just got to go do something really quick for dumb head Dimitri. I'll meet you up there in a minute."

"Oh do you want me to wait for you?"

"Oh no it won't take long. I'll meet you there."

"Okay well when you come up, I'll tell you about that guy who sort of kidnapped me haha"

"Ahh yes. I can't wait to hear that story!"

Valarie smiled and walked down the hall. Kyle watched until she was completely out of sight. He then took a deep breath and headed into Fashion where he knew he would find Ashley. As he approached, both their eyes made four.

"What are you coming to spy on what I'm up to as well?"

"Maybe..." Kyle walked closer to her.

"Well its none of your business."

"Oh honey I can guarantee you that you would wish that it was my business too."

Ashley narrowed her eyes on him. "What do you mean?"

Kyle looked over his shoulder. It took all out of him to say this.

"Do you think that you're the only one that have a beef with Valarie. Ever since I came here, she has been stealing my spotlight. She is really manipulative and I thought that she was just being my friend and that I was better off with her. The truth is, I have been standing in her shadow way too long now. I know initially I was against you for what you did but that's because I have been seen anyone stand against her like that. Ashley I admire your fire and I think that Valarie should take a backseat again in the next show. I know what you need to take her down. I'm the only one she trusts here. How would you like it if I fish you her designs? That way you get to keep your top designer place and I get the pleasure in watching her fall again for all the things she has done to me in the past."

Ashley couldn't believe what she was hearing. Could this really be true? Should she trust him or not? Regardless, the offer sounded too sweet to hand up. A hesitant but malicious smile played across her face and a silent mutual understanding passed between them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 212 43
What do you get when you mix a stubborn, beautiful woman with an arrogant, handsome man, and there's already a history between them? The results may...
230K 9.3K 38
"Quick, kiss me." I choked on my baguette as I looked up at my boss, his intense grey eyes burning into me as my jaw fell open with a mouthful of cho...
8.9M 338K 39
Needs editing and will be editing soon Alexis Miller is a 23 year old who is freshly out of college. She was hired right on the spot, when the owner...
335 17 16
All it takes sometimes is a soul for a kiss... Deals were a complicated thing that always turned people against one another. Crazy favours on the oth...