The Bidder's Mafia Princess:...

By jinxedby_105

Twenty four year old Felicia Hernandez has always lived in the shadows. Born into New York's underground, she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 13

146 10 85
By jinxedby_105

                     (Kris's POV)

             We all gather at the Tres Spades, waiting before we go to the mafia trade. I had just left Felicia and Cecilia's room, with Scarlett and Paris, because we already had guns of our own.

               Which left the boys, and the bidders in the lounge with us. "Why the girls only gathering?" Riki asks curious, looking to me, Scarlett, and Paris.

               "Stuff." Scarlett answers nonchalantly, glancing at Mamoru, and back to Riki.

                Riki raises an eyebrow at her, not getting why we weren't telling him.

              "Any reason why you won't share?" Kenshi chimes in next, and I roll my eyes before answering. Seriously these boys sometimes.

               "Aw fuck it. Not like where we're going is so legal anyway." I add, exasperated. "She was giving everyone access to her weapon stash." I announce, shrugging. "Actually Kenshi, she had a decent stash of guns." I add, looking to our sniper.

                "She's what?" The cop nearly drops his cigarette in surprise.

                  "And that is why she didn't want us to say anything." Paris mutters, gesturing to Mamoru.

                  "We're going to a mafia trade. That isn't exactly legal, and there's a bunch of people that carry guns illegally, so just shut it. We have to be able to defend ourselves." Scarlett snaps at Mamoru, making him shut up.

                 Cecilia comes out of the room next, followed by Rosie, and Shara. They come take a seat by the rest of us while we wait. "Besides its not exactly like there's a legal way to go about this." Paris adds, looking at everyone.

                "Besides, aren't you apart of the black market auctions? Last I checked that was illegal too. So don't sit here lecturing us." I add, looking at the cop, who doesn't say anything.

               "She's got you there Mamo." Baba cuts in, laughing.

               "No one asked you Baba." Mamoru says, rolling his eyes.

               Melonie, and Jenna come back next, followed shortly after by Felicia and Akio. "Alright well let's get going then." I announce, hopping up from the couch I was sitting on.

We all head to the elevators, and break off into groups once we reach the garage. Riki, Rosie, Soryu, Scarlett, Takuto, Akio, and Mamoru head to one van, while, Hiro, Jenna, Ota, Melonie, Baba, Paris, Shara, and Eisuke head to another.

Kenshi and I start heading toward my 2011 Pagani Huayra, bronze, while Cecilia and Atsumu start heading towards a separate car as well. "Wait. Hang on a second." Felicia stops us after everyone else is loaded in the vans.

She tosses a set of keys to me, and Cecilia, both of us catching them. "Your cars are nice, don't want them to get ruined." She elaborates, gesturing to my car, and the one next to it. "It will probably get shot to hell at the race, so take those." She adds, gesturing to the two cars she gave us keys to.

My keys went to a Bugatti Vyron super sport, a 2011, in black. Cecilia's went to a red Cadillac CTS- V. I don't know why she gave Cece a four door, but Cecilia just nodded, like she knew what was going on. "Wait whose cars are these?" I ask, though I was pretty sure I knew the answer.

"Eisuke's." Felicia answers, smirking slightly as she shrugs.

"Does he know we're taking them?" Kenshi asks, glancing at her.

"Na. Details... Besides, not like he can't afford new ones if they get trashed. Figure it's better than having your own get shot at. Not like the asshole doesn't have a whole garage full of cars anyway." She says, smiling.

I snort. "True. He's got plenty anyway. Rich bastard." I add, as I head to the Bugatti with Kenshi. Cecilia and Boss head to their car as well, as Felicia jumps in the van Riki was driving.

                We pull out of the garage, following the two vans as we go. "How's work been?" Kenshi asks randomly as I navigate the streets.

                  "The hospital has been good. Can be a little sad sometimes. LRN has been the same. Though you and everyone else knows that, seeing as how most of you are there often." I answer simply.

                  I worked at LRN first, right after I first moved to Japan. I was originally from the U.S, California. I moved to Japan later after my mother's death. She died when I was twenty, in a car accident. A drunk driver hit us head on, and while I had a broken leg, she died. The hospital bills kept piling up, and though I went to school and was becoming an RN, I needed another job to help pay the bills.

               "Yea I could see that. You really like working there with all the kids, I'm sure it's hard to not get attached..." Kenshi trails off, and I nod.

              "Well that, and some, all they can do is get treatment, and you know they never get to leave the hospital." I add quietly.

                My cousin offered me a job at his restaurant and bar, so I took it. Atsumu also let me stay above the restaurant until I found an apartment. I also currently worked at a children's hospital. I still helped out at LRN, and with the black foxes.

                 "Anyway.. How's the station been? You had some new people starting there right?" I ask, quickly changing the subject.

                  I loved my job, but it could be both sad and rewarding. I loved working with kids, but the group of kids that were really sick and couldn't leave made me sad sometimes. I was good at masking my emotions though, and it was something I only really talked about with the rest of the foxes.

               "It's been good. Most of them are almost done with training, so I might finally get some time off pretty soon." He answered chuckling slightly.

                 "Really? We should hang out on your next day off then." I ask, glancing sideways at the firefighter.

                 "Yea sounds good! I think Takkun and Hiro have some days off coming up as well. We can all get together for something besides a mission." He says smiling, and I resist the urge to face palm.

                  "Yea... That's.. Yea..." I trail off. Kenshi was an amazing sniper, and a really good guy. He was smart, but when it came to girls he was so oblivious. Like just now, I meant for just me and him to hang out, but it completely went over his head.

                   "Something wrong?" He asks innocently as he glances over at me.

                  "Nope." Is all I manage. I couldn't exactly bring myself to tell him that I wanted it to be just us. It shouldn't surprise me though really. He never picked up on when any girls flirt with him, myself included. Takuto liked to give me shit for that, as well as the rest of the guys, who had picked up on it, but Kenny, poor oblivious Kenny never did.

                   He never picked up on when the waitresses at his mother's restaurant flirted with him either, and they were even more obvious than most. I swear this boy wouldn't know what flirting was even if it smacked him right in the face.

                 He was hard to read too, because he was seemingly friendly with everyone, always laughing and teasing. He was fond of messing up my hair, but he also did that to Hiro and Takkun, so it was hard to tell how he saw me. Normally I would just ask him out, not even bother to wait for him to make the first move, but it was a little tricky, because our group was so close, and it would make things awkward among not just our friends, but on missions if he didn't see me like that.

                  "Yea Kenny, we should all hang out on your next day off." Takuto says in our ears, putting emphasis on the all, as he snickers.

                  "Yea sounds good." Kenshi replies encouragingly, completely oblivious that Takuto was actually making fun of me. I had almost forgotten all our ear pieces were on, but oh yes they were, and everyone just heard us. Great.

"Hey we should have a guys night too, hit the bars, maybe pick up some girls." Riki cuts in, laughing.

"Piss off Yanase." I growl, which just only makes him laugh even harder.

"Uh. Maybe we should hold off on that, we all know how you get when you're drunk." Kenshi answers him, though he glances at me sideways, looking confused.

He's probably wondering why I told Riki to piss off... But I'm not going to answer that.

"How is he when he's drunk?" Rosie asks, curious.

"Leader is a whiny baby, and acts like a complete idiot while drunk." Takuto snorts, and we hear Rosie start laughing.

"Are you really? Oh wait. I could see it." Rosie adds, snickering.

"Shut up Takkun I am not." Riki growls, as we turn down another street.

"Tch don't call me that. And yes-" Takuto starts, but is cut off by Rosie.

"We're here." Rosie announces, cutting off the boys conversation.

               We all park, and get out together, I catch Eisuke eyeing the cars that Cece and I pulled up in.

"Those look oddly familiar." He says sarcastically, narrowing his eyes, as he looks at the cars.

"You're imagining things obviously." Cecilia says smoothly, brushing him off.

"I doubt that." He scoffs, shaking his head.

Shara cuts in, rolling her eyes at him. "Just drop it. Let's go already." She adds, leading Eisuke away from the cars, grabbing his arm.

                "Good luck Shara!" Rosie calls out to Shara as she leads Eisuke away. Shara laughs, shaking her head.

               "I got this." She adds, and we all go in, so far, so good.

We all gather together, before splitting off. "Alright. Be careful everyone." Felicia adds, looking at everyone.

Felicia talks to Akio, before Akio and Takuto break off, bickering. She says something to Cecilia, who nods and says something back, before leaving with boss.

She approaches us next. "Race starts soon. Be careful out there, and buena suerte." She adds, wishing us luck. The rest of the pairs split off, heading their separate ways, and we hear their chatter here and there through the ear pieces.

We go and enter for the race, grabbing the map, and destination info. I didn't really need the map, for I knew the streets like the back of my hand, but gave it a glance, so I could memorize the route we were supposed to be taking.

"Ready kitten?" Kenshi teases me as he reaches over, ruffling my hair as he grins.

"Fuck yea. I love a good race." I reply quickly, and he laughs, as we make our way back towards where we parked.

We get in the car, and we double check our guns, making sure they were loaded and ready to go.

"You focus on driving, leave the shooting to me okay?" He instructs, motioning to my gun, that I had just double checked.

"It's just in case." I reply simply, as put my gun back in its shoulder holster.

I slowly make my way to where the race starts, listening to the chatter of the other pairs here and there.

               "Are you always this conceited?" We hear Rosie scoff, sounding annoyed.

                 "I prefer the term confident.." Riki answers smoothly, in his 'flirty' tone of voice that the rest of the foxes were all familiar with.

                  "Except when he's drunk." I cut in, earning a snicker from Rosie.

                  "Shut it kitten. Would you like me to spill something embarrassing about you? Hey Kenny.." Riki starts, but I cut him off.

                    "Riki. Watch it." I threaten, and Takuto and Hiro burst out laughing.

                     "Hey Riki? Stop being such an ass and focus huh?" Paris adds, smoothly, and everyone stops bickering for a moment.

                      "She's right. Give it a rest Riki." Scarlett cuts in next.

                     I turn the car back on, and all I can hear is the purr of the Bugatti, followed by the roar of multiple engines starting at once. I smile slightly at the sound, as I can feel my heart beat faster, getting excited at the thought of racing. I love the rush it gave me, and fully admit to being kind of an adrenaline junkie. "Ready Kenny?" I ask, glancing over at him. He nods, and I slam my foot on the accelerator, my car jumping forward. The race has begun.

(Kenshi's POV)

               The car jumps forward, and we're off. I glance at Kris as she drives, her hazel eyes scanning the road in front of her, occasionally glancing back in the mirror at the other cars behind her.

               We hear the sound of gunshots in our earpieces, and we glance around quickly, but it's definitely happening elsewhere.

                 "You guys good?" Kris asks hesitantly, waiting for their answers.

                 "Yea. A little conflict here no big deal." Scarlett answers, quickly, followed by the sound of more gunfire.

                  "Just a little excitement, nothing we can't handle." Boss cuts in, and we hear more gunfire, and what sounds like another car accelerating. What the hell?

                  "You sure you're okay beardy? You're kinda old." Takuto cuts in, sarcastically, prompting laughter from everyone.

                  "How mean Takkun!" Boss replies, and I laugh. It was almost like we were all at LRN, bickering like normal.

                  Kris guns it, our car quickly whipping around another, and we finally start hearing shots, this time fired at us. "Shit really?" She mutters, gritting her teeth. "All I did was pass.. Whatever." She continues, and I quickly roll down my window, sticking my gun out as I undo my seat belt, turning around in my seat so I can see better.

                  I shoot back at them, aiming for the passenger side, though after they keep shooting back I finally aim for their front passenger tire, popping it. Their car screeches in protest, as they pull over to the side of the road. "Nice one Kenny." Kris grins in approval, and I smile back at her, before turning back around, and putting my seatbelt back on.

Another car starts riding us, right on our ass, pissing Kris off. "Really you fucker?" She exclaims, annoyed. They quickly whip around us, firing off a few shots as they pass us. "Oh fuck no." She yells, slamming her hand against the steering wheel, before she shifts, gunning it even more.

               Our car lurches forward, quickly catching up with the car that just passed us, and Kris smirks as she lightly bumps the back of their bumper with the front of the Bugatti. "Take that asshat." She smirks, before quickly whipping around the car, speeding past it.

                  "You don't screw around do you?" I chuckle, shaking my head at her. You could tell she enjoyed it, and it was exciting for her.

                 "Not when it comes to racing." She smiles, her hazel eyes dancing with excitement.

The gunfire slows down as Kris navigates the last half of the race, and we can hear more of the chatter of everyone else.

"What the hell? I can't understand what they are saying." We hear Akio exclaim, and I glance at Kris, who presses her ear piece farther in, like she was trying to hear something. I do the same, but I can't understand it either, and the conversation was fading in and out.

"I can only catch bits and pieces, but they know Mamoru is a cop, they seem surprised that she has a cop with her, and something about a game, and it sounds like she's taking Mamoru's place... That's all I got." Kris speaks up, translating for everyone.

"I don't know what the hell the kid just agreed to, but I don't trust it. I can't understand it either." We hear Mamoru cut in suddenly, and he has no clue either.

"Hiro, meet me by the warehouses." Riki instructs, cutting in next.

"Roger that leader." Hiro chimes in.

"Seriously woman it's a spider!" We hear Takuto yell, prompting laughter from everyone.

"I don't like bugs okay." Akio admits, making everyone laugh even harder.

"I don't blame you one bit Akio. Hate spiders." Kris adds, shivering slightly, before making the next turn.

"Same. Hate those eight legged things." Rosie speaks up next, and we hear the sound of gunfire in the background.

"Shit." Kris curses, as the car behind us opens fire, from both the driver and passenger side. "Kenshi. Do you trust me?" Kris asks suddenly, glancing over at me quickly.

I nod, meeting her gaze. "I trust you Kris."

Her face turns a light pink, at my words, as she nods. It was adorable, but I pretend I don't notice.

"Alright. Hang on. I'm gonna spin her around." She tells me, before jerking the wheel sideways. The car starts spinning, whipping around, until the front of the Bugatti was facing the car behind us.

I open fire at the car behind us, glancing over at Kris, as I do so. She keeps one hand on the wheel, after she had quickly shifted the car to reverse, as she navigates backwards. She keeps a firm grip on the wheel with one hand, reaching for her pistol with the other. She draws her gold desert eagle pistol, and starts firing as well, glancing back through the mirror occasionally as she continues to drive backwards.

"I thought I told you to focus on driving." I grunt, still shooting at the other car.

                    "I can drive and shoot at the same time." She says, kinda defensively, as she continues to shoot.

                    "I know... Just..." I trail off, not really sure what to say.

                    "I get it...but let's finish this." She replies. She shoots the front tire of the passenger side, while I shoot the front tire of the drivers side. Their car skidding to a bumpy stop.

                     "Alright. Hang on." She warns, as she spins the wheel hard once again, shifting back to normal, our tires squealing as the car spins around again, this time facing forwards how it was supposed to.

                        "Dammit." I curse, gripping the side of my door as the car spins.

                     Kris snorts. "Tch whatever Inagaki. You know you liked it." She smirks, glancing over at me.

                    "Right.." I reply sarcastically, earning me a laugh from her.

                    "Admit it. My driving skills turn you on. It's okay, really." She teases me, winking playfully before returning her attention to the road.

                  "W-what?" Is all I manage to stutter, as I feel my face heat up.

                    She laughs even harder at my stuttering. "Kenny it was a joke chill. The look on your face though. And aww are you blushing?" She continues to tease me, as she laughs.

                   "Tch whatever Kim." I mutter, looking away out the window.

                  "Hey, we've already been over this. You've known me too long to keep using my last name." She pouts, frowning slightly.

                   "You called me by my last name earlier." I point out, raising an eyebrow at her.

                     "Yea... Whatever." She shrugs it off, nonchalantly. "Anyway, almost done. Think we're in the lead too." She adds after a moment, smiling.

                  "You are in the lead." Cecilia announces suddenly, and Kris and I look at each other, curious.

                  "How do you know that?" Kris asks, genuinely curious.

                  "I've been watching, and I have my ways." Cecilia answers mysteriously, though I get an idea when I hear the purr of an engine over our ear pieces, and it sounded distant, like it wasn't coming from our end.

Before we can even ask her anything, seemingly all hell breaks loose elsewhere, at least from what I can gather over the earpieces.

"Holy fuck." We hear Akio exclaim loudly, though we couldn't tell what was going on.

We hear multiple shots ring out, as we reach the end of the race. Kris guns it, speeding past the finish line, triumphantly.

"Alright. We did it!" Kris cheers, before taking her foot off the accelerator, to start slowing down.

I notice a look of panic cross her face, as she tries to brake. "Son of a bitch!" She exclaims, further confirming my guess.

"Shit." I curse, trying to think of what we were going to do.

"What the hell? Are you okay?" Akio asks us, confused.

"The brakes! The brakes just went out. Fuck." Kris yells, slamming her hands on the sides of the steering wheel in frustration.

We hear more gunfire, followed by Shara yelling, next. "Eisuke! Eisuke!" She screams.

"Kid! God dammit kid!" We hear the cop start screaming next.

"Alright. Kenshi, I'm gonna slow this thing down as much as I can, and when it gets to a decent speed I want you to jump out." Kris says seriously, not meeting my gaze.

"What about you? Why can't we jump at the same time?" I ask, starting to panic, as I wonder what she was getting at.

"I'm gonna go a little farther before I jump, make sure you're in the clear." She replies quietly, but I don't like it.

"I call bullshit Kris, we both can go at once."

She nods. "We could. But I want to make sure the car is farther away, the farther it is, the better. The crash alone is gonna be bad, I'd like to avoid you being by the car when it does." She says, stubbornly.

"Just hang on until we get there, we're almost there. Don't do anything yet." Cecilia cuts in, and we hear the sound of an engine getting louder.

"Get it to slow down as much as you can and hang in there." Boss adds, sounding serious.

We do as they say, Kris avoiding obstacles as she tries to get the car to slow down even more. The red car we saw Cece in earlier comes into view behind us, and it speeds up, pulling up right next to us, Cecilia behind the wheel.

"I'm going to pull up a little farther, so the rear door lines up with Kenshi's door. Atsumu is going to open the door okay? I'll get as close as I can, and when you can time it right jump in" Cecilia instructs, as their car jumps forward a little more.

Their rear passenger door on their car opens, and true to her word, Cecilia pulls in as close as she can to us. I open my door, and Cecilia lines up the open doors, keeping pace with us. "Alright, you first Kenny." Kris says, and I immediately shake my head in disagreement.

"No. You go first. Don't argue with me." I tell her, as she opens her mouth the protest.

"I'm right behind you and you're closer. Go first." She cuts in, glaring.

"Like hell." I grip her arm, pulling her to me, before switching my hold on her, wrapping my arm around her waist. I grip her tight, and with the other hand, I lean out a little, gripping the door to Cecilia's car, before I leap over, head first into the other car, holding Kris to me as tight as I can.

             We land safely in the Cadillac, on the back seat, my back to the seat and Kris laying on top of me. "You're stubborn as hell you know that?" I tell her shaking my head.

                She snorts. "And sometimes you're an oblivious idiot." She says, rolling her hazel eyes at me.

                "Oblivious to what?" I ask, confused, and she smiles at me, bringing her face down to mine, before bringing her lips to mine, and kissing me.

                I'm shocked for a minute, before I start kissing her back, my hand sliding up and running through her hair, before I grip the back of her head, locking her in place.

                 We pull apart at the sound of boss clearing his throat, awkwardly. "I Uh. Hate to interrupt, but can one of you close the door?" He asks, gesturing to the still open door.

              "Yea." I mutter quickly, and we both sit up, before I reach over and quickly close the door we jumped through.

               "By the way, that's what you were oblivious to." Kris adds, referring to her kissing me.

                "Oh." Is all I can say, sheepishly as I feel my face heat up again.

               "Get them out of there. I don't care if it blows your cover, just one of you get them out of there." We hear Cecilia order suddenly, though her words aren't meant for any of our group, as she yells into a cell phone.

                None of our group responds to her, only further confirming my guess that she was talking to someone else. "Cecilia, who are you talking to?" I ask the blonde, and she shakes her head, before hanging up her phone.

                "You'll see later, don't worry about it." She answers vaguely.

A/n: okay... That took forever again I feel like... I'm sorry. >_<. I'm working on getting more of a schedule down, but sometimes my brain doesn't always cooperate... So yea... Thanks for reading! ^_^

-Jinx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127 9 6
____________________________ Please note that this Story is a Prequel to When Snow Falls. It can be read as a stand alone but I'd suggest reading Whe...
369K 7.7K 47
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
28.3K 622 20
This story consists of an major age gap and high mature contact if you are not comfortable with these I advise you to pass this book thank you. "Sir...
1.5M 27.5K 40
Maya applied pressure to my wound. I hissed from the pain. "Stop fucking around." She rolled her eyes at me. Maya finished tending my wound, wrapping...