Surrender (Werewolf)

By BrittanyLeigh8

"Will you be mine?" he asked me in a husky voice. I stared at him apprehensively for a moment, thinking over... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34

Chapter 15

363K 9.5K 1.6K
By BrittanyLeigh8

Chapter 15

To my dismay, my mom didn’t have much to tell me about Jennifer. She said, that her mom told her that she left with some guys and was worried about her, but that was nothing of value to me. I already knew she was mixed up with the wrong people.

Mom also told me that Jennifer’s mom had not heard from her in a week and a half and there were people out looking for her.

I didn’t tell mom that Jennifer would be coming here in case she was hiding out from someone. The less people that knew about her the better. I would not risk anything. If she wanted anyone to know her whereabouts she would tell them herself.

That night I laid in bed worrying while Kieran slept fairly soundly next to me. I was much too scared to sleep. However, after three a.m. exhaustion got the best of me and I fell helplessly into a deep state of sleep, dreaming once again of Daniel and my rejection.  The only difference this time was from the other times, it didn’t hurt me. For that I was beyond grateful. Once again Kieran had saved me.

When morning came I was alone in bed. The clock read nine forty-seven a.m. and I could hear the shower going inside the bathroom. Kieran must have woken up late as well if he was just now getting a shower.

I yawned and stretched my body as I sat up in bed. Despite my worry about my best friend, I slept fairly well. My heart clenched for her at the thought of our phone call yesterday. I hoped she was alright.

I quickly grabbed my phone off the side table by the bed to check for notifications. I had no missed calls and no text. I had to remind myself to stay calm and not worry. She said she’d be in today and I just had to trust that. Kieran knew to expect her today and warned the wolves on patrol to not attack any she-wolf that entered onto our territory without his permission. At least I didn’t have to worry about that. She wouldn’t have to go through the same thing Pierce did.

Consequently my mind wondered to him. How was he doing in his new pack? Were they treating him well? Would he come back to visit me again? Maybe I should go visit him this time. It wasn’t like he was very far away. Besides, Alpha Sawyer knows me.

A knock at the door brought me from my thoughts. I jumped in surprise. Could it be? Is Jennifer already here?

I pushed myself off the bed, still in my neon green PJ’s, and opened the door. Who I saw standing there had a little too much testosterone to be Jennifer though. I sighed in disappointment. Why would I expect her to find her way up to my room? She would clearly have to be announced upon arrival.

“Don’t look so happy to see me,” Leland teased with crossed arms and feigned hurt expression.

I instantly felt bad and perked up revealing a pleased smile. “It not that, I just thought you might be someone else.”

He took me in with amusement. “You’re certainly bright this morning. Well physically anyway. I can’t say much for emotionally.”

I frowned at him. “It was a long night. I didn’t fall asleep until late.”

He scrunched up his face in disgust. “Save me the details. I don’t want to know.”

“We didn’t do that,” I exclaimed giving his shoulder a playful shove.  “Get your mind out of the gutter.”

He smirked down at me and ruffled my already messy hair; making it worse I’m sure. “But I like having it there.”

I groaned and pushed his hand away, trying to fix the mangled mess that was my hair and sighed. It was not use. I will just have to get a shower later and dry it straight.

“So what brings you here?” I asked him wondering back into the room.

“I actually came to see Kieran, but it looks like he’s presently unavailable,” he said following me in.

“Is everything alright?”

“Yep. Just wanted to get a rundown of the schedule today.”

I furrowed up my brows. “But doesn’t Wyatt handle that now?”

“Did,” he emphasized. “Today is Kieran’s first day back. It’s like a trial run.”

“Oh.”

Kieran hadn’t mentioned that to me yet. Perhaps he was waiting to tell me this morning. I was still on the phone with my mom when he fell asleep last night. He probably didn’t want to interrupt me.

When the shower switched off I turned my attention to the bathroom door than back to Leland.

“I guess I’ll go downstairs and wait for him with everyone else. Catch you later?” he asked.

“Yeah,” I nodded. “I’ll probably be showing Jennifer around the territory today so I’ll be sure to find you and Felix.”

“Don’t bother looking for him. Felix will be gone for the next two days visiting his brother and his mate in South River Pack. He just found her yesterday and wanted Felix to meet her.”

Hmm…I didn’t know that he had a brother. But I didn’t ask him either.

“Well I hope he enjoys his time away from here. He works hard. He deserves a break.”

“He does,” Leland smiled. “We all do. We’ve all been working hard.”

“I’m sure.” I agreed. “Try not to overdo yourself today.”

“I’ll try.”

After heading to the bedroom next door to grab a change of clothes, something was missing. I gasped when I realized what it was. My personal belongings were no longer there. The bags I had traveled with were gone and I was upset. Where were they? Who took them?

I hastily walked back to Kieran’s room to question him on it when I caught sight on his nearly naked form stepping from the closet. I halted in my steps with my mouth agape. I quickly closed it when his eyes met mine. A smirk took over his features.

Oh my. Abs…muscles…the nakedness. I shouldn’t be staring at him in this manner. It’s highly inappropriate.

He was now standing to close to me. His bare arms and chest made contact with my skin when he pulled me close. I gasped as the electric shock coursed through me. I melted into him unwillingly. My body was doing it of its own accord.

“I missed you,” he murmured burying his face into my hair, breathing me in.

“You weren’t away from me that long.” I laughed resting my hands on his warm, tight chest.

“Long enough.”

I felt that he was trying to keep his wolf at bay. He wanted me too, but Kieran still didn’t trust him yet. However, he was slowly affecting his mind. He was changing, however gradual it may be.

“I need to get a shower,” I said forcing myself away from him. I had only just pushed him back enough for him to pull me to his body a little rougher.

“Don’t walk away,” he said, though it sounded more like an order. He pushed his face into my hair again.

“I need a shower,” I repeated. “Plus everyone is waiting for you to give them their orders.”

He sighed releasing his breath upon my neck. I had to suppress a heady moan that only became worse by him planting a small kiss just below my earlobe. His lips skimmed it before he pulled away.

Oh how I wanted him. It was unsettling to what degree. My hormones were not to be trusted. I wasn’t ready for a relationship like that with him yet. For one, we didn’t love each other and two, it was still too soon. I had barely lived with him a week.

The love part I could look past because the possibility of us falling in love at this point in our relationship wasn’t great. But I didn’t want to appear easy, even if we were planning to mate. I just hope I will be able to hold out. It was already becoming increasingly hard for me and its only post marking, day two.

I must summon some willpower somehow.

When he finally released me I felt safer from my actions. I didn’t trust myself around him. The distance was much better. The emptiness, however, was an unwelcoming consequence of it.

“Don’t be long. I want you with me today. At least until your friend arrives. Find me downstairs when you’re ready,” he said placing a small kiss on my forehead and stepping back.

“Uh huh.” I was at a loss for words. Of course I would meet him. I wanted to spend time with him. And he was including me. That’s all I ever asked.

I soon found myself inside the shower, relishing in the warmth of the water. My skin absorbed the heat like a sponge in water. I enjoyed every minute of it until I had to force myself out. If I kept Kieran waiting too long, no doubt he’d come searching for me.

 After quickly dressing and managing my hair, I slipped on my shoes and made my way to the first floor of the house where Wyatt was talking with Chance and Colby, two of the fighters in our pack. When his eyes focused on me he dismissed them and smiled.

“There you are. I’m glad you made it down before noon,” he teased.

“I’ve never slept till noon,” I defended with a smile of my own. “Well except that once.”

He shook his head and chuckled before walking to the front door and opening it for me. “Your ever impatient mate is waiting for you.”

“Of course he is,” I muttered.

On our way through the territory the pack members bowed their heads in respect for us, the Beta and future Luna. I was still trying to adjust to the amount of respect they had for me already. I had done nothing to deserve it and yet they still offered it to me anyway. Kieran’s…. I mean our pack, is truly amazing.

“Wyatt,” A pretty blond girl said in passing. I didn’t miss the smile she gave him. She looked quite smitten.

I glanced up at him in curiosity.

“Friend of yours?” I asked.

He shrugged trying to cover up a smile of his own. “You could say that, I guess. She’s liked me since high school. We’ve dated a few times, but it was nothing serious. We aren’t mates or anything.”

I could hear the longing in his voice at the mention of the word mate. He obviously hadn’t met her yet and wished to. All wolves wish to meet their mates at some point. Well most of them do.

“Why Claire, are you scowling?” He asked.

Oops. Am I? I hadn’t noticed. That’s what thinking of my ex mate does to me now.

“Bad memory,” I muttered.

He threw an arm around my shoulders and gave me an encouraging smile. “It’ll be ok. You have Kieran now. Lighten up.”

“Right,” I smiled. “I do have him. It just angers me sometimes to think of past events.”

“Hey Wyatt,” another girl smirked walking by.

I raised my eyebrow at him. “Another friend I assume?”

“Well, maybe,” he grinned.

I rolled my eyes. I did not want to know. It wasn’t my business what he did in his free time. I’m just glad he at least had the respect not to commit to anyone except for his mate.

We finally came to a stop outside the holding cells building where Kieran was giving some wolves a rundown of the parameter checks. He sent me a smile as soon as he saw me and dismissed the pack members her was conversing with.

“Hey,” he said pulling me away from Wyatt and into his arms.

“Hi,” I smiled. “You wanted me here?”

He nodded and wrapped his arm around me tightly while turning us to face the cell building. “I thought you might want to do some things with me today.”

“You mean talk to the Rogue?” I asked as he pulled us inside the building. I felt a little panicked by that. I’d never been in the presence of one before. Well, that I’d ever known of anyway.

“Don’t worry. He won’t hurt you. I won’t let him.”

I nodded my head, but still felt apprehensive. I didn’t like the idea of rogues, especially ones as dangerous as the one here. He was with the wolves that killed Kieran’s parents. That already made me dislike him.

Inside the building it was the same as I’d remembered it. It reminded me of the night I found Pierce here and I winced. I hated thinking about him like that. I was still a little miffed about how things went down.

Kieran brought us to the large white door that lead to the cell room and pushed it open without hesitation. Inside I found Colby, Chance, Dorian and now Wyatt who followed us in. There expressions were impassive as they stared at the prisoner.

“What did you find out?” Kieran asked them.

“He’s not been very cooperative,” Dorian stated.

Kieran barely nodded his head and all eyes in the room went to the Rogue, including mine. He looked like he had been beaten and was sitting in the back corner of the cell sending a dark glare to Dorian. I take t he was the one who had done most of the beating.

The rogue was big, I’d admit that, and he looked quite intimidating. His hair was very short, almost shaved. He had broad shoulders and thick muscles sculpted by his ripped, dirty shirt that cling to him. He might be good looking if it weren’t for the intimidation frightened me.

He grinned at me when his eyes scanned over my body. I squirmed uncomfortably under his stare. Kieran noticed and squeezed me close to his side. A growl erupted from within him.

Angry Alpha was wanting out.

“Well, well, well. What do we have here?” he said with a smirk. “If it isn’t the one and only Claire Warren.”

I widened my eyes in surprise. “H-how do you know my name?”

The rogue got up from his seat and walked to the middle of his cell. He chuckled at my question. “I know more than you think I do. We’re everywhere.”

“You don’t have to speak to him,” Kieran said. “That’s not why I brought you in here.”

“Now I see what everyone is talking about. I was wondering how you were able to get two Alphas worshiping at your feet.”

Repulsion swept through me and I shivered involuntarily.

Kieran growled again and flew to the bars of the cell to grab him, though he was too far away. The rogue had a satisfied look on his face that I didn’t understand. All they had to was open the door and they could all get to him in an instant, and beat him to a pulp.

“You do not speak to her,” Kieran threatened.

“I’m Tobias, by the way,” he added, ignoring the angry Alpha in front of him.

“How do you know me?” I questioned.

“I know all,” he smirked. “We know everything about you.”

“W-we?” I stuttered.

“That’s enough.” Kieran snapped.

“This is the most we have gotten out of him since he’s been here,” Dorian interjected looking between Kieran, Tobias and I.

Kieran didn’t look pleased by that fact.

“Axel will come for you,” Tobias said. “He’s been waiting a long time for this.” His eyes moved from mine to Kieran’s. “He finally has something else to hurt your mate with.”

This time I growled at the same time Kieran did and stepped up to the cells next to him. He looked like he was about to go through the bars after Tobias.

“Or should I say new mate?” he added amused.

“You will not hurt him, or anyone!” I yelled.

He shook his head and chuckled. “Oh, it’s a bit too late for that. Tell me, when is the last time you talk to anyone from your old pack?”

My old pack? My eyes widened in horror. No. He hurt someone? Who? Who was it? Not any of my family I hope.

“What have you done?” I gasped.

“You’ll find out soon enough. Everything is going according to plan, just as we predicted.” A sadistic smile then crossed his face. “Oh and you can tell her, I’ll be seeing her again soon. She can count on it.”

“She? She who?”

He merely smiled and backed away from us without another word and took his seat in the back corner of the cell again. With his arms crossed over his chest he sent me a chilling look, so dark and deadly it caused me to back away as well. I was nearly shaking.

“Open the door,” Kieran yelled. “I think we need to remind the rogue who is in charge again. No one threatens me or my mate.”

At that point I decided to take my leave. Though Kieran and his wolves had good reason to do what they were doing, I couldn’t bare to watch it. I wasn’t a fan of torture. I needed to get away quickly.

Kieran didn’t stop me when I left, to my relief. And as I paced from the building I could hear the cries of pain from the rogue in cell three. Five against one, he didn’t stand a chance.

Back at the mansion I called my mom. I needed to know she and my dad were alright. After Tobias’s threatening question I was more than shaken up about it.

She picked up on the third ring.

“Mom, how are you?” I asked anxiously.

“I’m fine dear, what the matter?”

“And dad? How is he?”

No doubt my questioning would arise some suspicion.

“Yes, he fine as well. What is this about? Are you okay?” Worry was prominent in her voice.

“I’m fine, but I would be better if you were here. Do you think you could come for a visit? I really miss both of you.”

This was the only way I knew I could keep them safe, to have them here with me.

“Well, I actually wanted to talk to you about that,” she said.

“Oh.” I couldn’t keep the surprise out of my voice. She was already thinking about coming here?

She hesitated for a moment before continuing. “Alpha Robert wants to see you.”

I blinked taken aback temporarily. Daniel’s dad wants to see me? Why?

“Did he say what he wanted?” I asked.

“He wants to you come here and talk with him. It’s about Daniel,” she confessed with some kind of emotion in her voice I couldn’t place.

Daniel? What could he possibly have to say about Daniel to me? He’s not my concern anymore. What we had was over before it even started. That was exactly what Alpha Robert wanted.

“I don’t think Kieran would like that very much,” I admitted. He wouldn’t want me anywhere near Daniel or his family.

“He said it was important,” she added. “Something has happened and I’ve been ordered not to say anything to anyone. The whole pack has.”

 I gasped. That’s a bit extreme. It must be something big if Robert is trying to cover it up.

“Okay, I’ll come there with Kieran, but only under one condition. I want you and dad to come back with us. You’ll be safe here. I promise.”

She sighed. “Honey, you know your dad-”

“Mom, I know,” I interrupted. “But this is important to me. Just talk to him, please. You can convince him.”

“This does mean a lot to you doesn’t it?”She noted.

“Yes.”

“Okay, then. I’ll talk to him. I’ll do what I can,” I could hear the smile in her voice, she missed me too.

Relief washed through me immediately and let out a breath of air. “Thank you.”

“Of course, honey. I love you,” she said softly.

“Love you too, mom.”

The next hour I spent wondering around the house anticipating Jennifer’s arrival. I caught myself checking the time every ten minutes to see how much time had passed. I was nervous wreck. I hoped that she was alright. I guess I expected her to be here a little sooner.

I tried watching some television, and even flipped through a couple of magazines barely noticing what was on the pages.  It wasn’t until I settled on the couch with a book from the self that Leland came in the room to get me.

He smiled when he was me.

“She’s here, your friend,” he said. “She’s waiting for you in Kieran’s office when you ready.”

I jumped up from my seat in excitement and hugged Leland.  She’s here. She’s finally here. I didn’t want to waist anytime seeing her.

“Thank you,” I grinned. “I’ll find her.”

I quickly let him go and hurriedly paced from the room silently praying in thanks that she made it here safely. With what she had told me when we last talked, I worried that she might run into trouble long the way, but thankfully that didn’t happen. Now I just wanted to hug her and tell her how much I missed her before we dove into the situation she has gotten herself into. Hopefully I could find some way to help her. I would do anything I could. She was my best friend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Sorry for the long wait. I hope you liked the chapter. I kind of felt like it was a bit off though. Is it all just in my mind? I think the things going on in my life are affecting my writing. Maybe.

Anyway, please comment, vote, and follow. I look forward to receiving your feedback. Any guesses about what might happen next?

Picture to the side of Tobias >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

P.S- Another random commenter gets a dedication! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.7M 451K 40
What if mates didn't exist? Instead, werewolves chose who they wanted to be mated to for the rest of their lives during a short period of time once a...
23.3M 637K 37
CAUTION CONTAINS MATURE CONTENT. "Say it, Allison," he said, his voice low as he trapped me against the rough wall. A shiver ran down my spine, his...
2.8M 83.6K 35
Best ratings: #1 in #ya, #sexscenes and #mates, #4 in #romance - - - - - PLOT: LILA KING is somewhat notorious in her old wolfpack - as a child she l...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...