Apart

By freakofnature22

Be aware that this book is the third book out of three books. (First book: complicated. Second book: Changes)... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Side by Side

Chapter 1

2.6K 49 7
By freakofnature22

November

It's now been 5 months since I moved into my own house with Deshaun and I've adjusted to the fact that I'm alone now. We have shared custody of Deshaun and you maybe think that it's impossible that Marshall ever agreed to that, but I also think it's because Kim was on my side with the shared custody thing, she can really talk to his sense. It was hard to begin with mostly because I missed Marshall so damn much, I still miss Marshall but it's getting easier everyday.
The medias response is really negative and it's mostly pointed on me, even though Marshall haven't told them why we split then they still point fingers at me as a mom because Deshaun was only 6 months old when I moved out. I'm still in touch with Alaina, Hailie and Whitney but it wasn't with Marshall's good will but because the girl missed me. They don't know why we split and they're never gonna know.
I'm not dating anyone new because I don't really dare to throw myself out there in the dating game because I know for sure that Marshall isn't gonna approve it. You see.. Even though Marshall doesn't wanna be with me then I know for sure that he won't approve me dating someone else.
I've gain weight again so I look a lot healthier and it's also a clear sign that I'm doing a lot better.
It rings on the doorbell and I already know it's Marshall who's here to pick up Deshaun. I leave the table where I feed Deshaun and walk to the door and open.

"He's almost ready." I say as I walk into the living room where the dinner table is and where Deshaun sits in his chair. I sit down and begin to feed him again and Marshall sit down across from me while Deshaun sits at the end of the table.

"Are you going out?" Marshall asks me. I'm dressed in a nice short dress because me and some of the girls from work is going out clubbing tonight.

"Yes I'm going out with some coworkers." I say.

"And Leticia?"  He asks.

"No, she had plans." I say. It's really strange that he's asking me these question because normally he never talks to me. My focus is all on him because it's nice to hear him talk to me like a normal person. But all of sudden I feel something being thrown on my clothes, I look down at myself and I have food on me. I look at Deshaun who's sitting with his fingers down in the food that he has been throwing at me.

"No no no no, Deshaun!" I gasp but Deshaun just laughs with this adorable laugh. I look at Marshall who's also laughing down in his hand trying not to show it. I look back at Deshaun and I can't help but smile. "You're lucky you're so adorable." I give Marshall the plate with the food now. "Will you please feed him?" I ask him.

"Yeah." He says coldly. I get up from my chair and begin to walk towards the bedroom. "Good job buddy." I hear Marshall say to Deshaun behind me which makes me turn around and give Marshall a dead stare.

"It's so not funny because I'm really busy now." I say.

"That dress is too slutty anyways." Marshall says.

"Thank you Marshall." I say sarcastically. Fucking idiot! I walk into the bedroom and now I'm really gonna provoke him. I put on a very short dress with a really low cut. Yes it's a really slutty dress and I'm only doing it to provoke Marshall. I walk back into the living room where Marshall sits with Deshaun in his lap.

"Are you seriously gonna wear that?" He asks in a cocky tone.

"Yes." I say.

"You're a fucking mom." He frowns.

"A single mom." I point out.

"Man, you're fucking disgusting Christina." He says and he now begins to get Deshaun ready. I choose not to comment on what he said because I don't wanna start an argument with him. "Say bye to mommy." He says in his daddy voice when Deshaun is dressed. I kiss Deshaun which is in Marshall's arms and I haven't been this close to Marshall since we were a couple. I look shortly at Marshall and I catch him looking at me but I quickly return my eyes to Deshaun again.

"Have fun with daddy." I say as I kiss him one last time but this time Deshaun pulls my hair. He loves my long hair recently and it's an annoying face he's in right now. "Deshaun let go of my hair!" I say and I hear Marshall chuckle. "Deshaun let go of mommy's hair." Deshaun pulls even harder now and it hurts like shit. I look at Marshall now and he bites his lip to not break out in a serious laughter. "Marshall do something."

"Yo buddy." Marshall laughs as he forces Deshaun to let go by pulling his arm away. "Mommy only likes it when grown men is doing that." I pull my head away as Marshall has now tangled Deshaun's hand from my hair.

"Don't say things like that." I say as I give him a irritated look.

"Whatever." Marshall says and he just heads out of the door. I know that he says those things just to hurt me and it's working.

I get ready and drive over to my boss Hannah where we're all gonna meet before we head to the club.
When we head to the club, we're all drunk and in a good mood, but I still can't let go what Marshall said to me earlier, his words hit so damn hard.

"Are you okay?" Hannah asks me when we stand in the bar.

"Mmh." I say and I take a sip of my drink through the straw.

"Did something happen today when Marshall picked up Deshaun?" She asks.

"No it was like usual." I lie as I really don't wanna talk about it.

Suddenly I find a cute guy in the bar, he's name is Kevin and we start talking and he compliments my look.

"I feel like I've seen you somewhere before." He says. Really? How stupid does he think I am? All people know that I'm Eminem's ex girlfriend.

"Come on, I think you're sweet and all Kevin but quit the act." I say.

"What?" He plays dumb.

"Caught with your pants down." I just say.

"Do we know each other or something because you're making me really nervous now?" He says followed with a nervous laugh. Shit.. He really doesn't know who I am.

"I'm Eminem's ex girlfriend." I inform him.

"Awkward." He laughs.

"What?"

"It's like I really thought I've met you before but it was just in a magazine, that's fucking weird.. Man I'm sorry."

"No it's me who should apologize, I thought you were putting on an act and I was totally rude."

"It would have been a classic though, right?" He laughs. That smile though!

"Yeah exactly." I giggle.

"So, you have a kid with Eminem, right?" He asks.

"That's right."

"Was it too personal for me to ask?" He asks.

"No not at all."

"So did you split on good terms or?"

"I don't think he knows how to do that." I laugh and take a sip of my drink.

"I know how it feels." Kevin says.

"You do?"

"Yeah I have a bitch ex girlfriend and she uses our daughter against me every time we have an argument."

"How old is your daughter?"

"Almost 3."

"Aw." I say as it's such a cute age.

"But how is it working with the custody and all that?"

"Well he's picking him up whenever he has the time."

"So it's all good there?"

"Yeah I think I got it easier than you, I mean.. he doesn't wanna speak with me so it's easy."

"He doesn't speak to you at all?" He seems surprised.

"It's about 5 months since we split and today was the first time we were talking." I say.

"Without fighting?"

"Well, he was a little cocky but yeah."

"Cocky?"

"Yeah he thought it was disgusting of me to wear this dress as a mom."

"I think you look good." He compliments me.

"Thank you." I say and I can feel myself blush. "And then he was like when Deshaun pulled my hair, he just said "don't pull mommy's hair, she only likes it when grown men are doing that"." I tell him.

"He said that?" He asks and I nod my head. "How old is your son?"

"About 11 months."

"How come you split?"

"See.. that's too personal." I say smiling.

"Sorry."

"It's okay." I say. Me and Kevin just talk about all sorts of things and he's really sweet. It's so nice to get some attention from a handsome and sweet guy. 

Suddenly I drag him out to the dance floor where I begin to move my body against him.

"You're so sexy." Kevin says in my ear.

"So are you." I say and I feel his lips on my neck.

"Can I get your number?" He asks as he gives me his phone, I just dial my number and give him his phone back. I look to my right and I see Nickle and Denaun a good distance away from us. I wonder if they have seen me.

"Wait here." I say to Kevin and I walk over to Nickle and Denaun.

"Nickle, Denaun." I say smiling as I'm close to them now and they seem surprised to see me.

"Christina." They both say and give me a hug

"How are you?" Nickle asks.

"Be honest with me, did you know I was here?" I ask them.

"What? no." Nickle says.

"Why would you think that?" Denaun asks.

"It's just.. Marshall were picking up Deshaun today and he wasn't too happy about me going out." I inform them. It would seriously be so Marshall to send some of his friends out to spy on me!

"You know Marshall man.." Nickle just says.

"I just wanna have fun without him being up in my ass about it." I say.

"He still loves you man so that's gonna be hard." Nickle says and I have a hard time believing that.

"He hates me." I say.

"And loves you at the same time but lets be fair.. you kinda broke the man's heart." Nickle says.

"I know." I say. I now feel someone's hands around my waist.

"Sorry but I gotta go." I hear Kevin's voice in my ear. Fuck! He shouldn't do that in front of Marshall's friends.

"Okay." I just say.

"Are you okay?" Kevin asks me.

"It's Marshall's best friends." I inform him in his ear.

"Oh sorry." He says and he quickly removes his hands from me, like that wouldn't give them any suspicions. "I'll text you tomorrow."

"Okay." I say snd Kevin leaves.

"Who was that?" Denaun asks me.

"Just a guy I talked to earlier." I say playing it cool. I talk to them for while before I then head home as my mood still isn't on top.

I hoped you liked it.. Please vote and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 379 7
Three months after Maud's night with Eminem and Porter, she finds herself once again at Marshall's mercy both professionally and personally. What hap...
11.2K 527 21
#1 on Eminem hashtag as of May 9th, 2023 Sometimes not existing is a useful tool, it keeps you out of trouble, keeps you secretive and stops you from...
26.1K 612 43
Formerly know as - For the love of law -. Emma Mathews is a lawyer from Ireland, after heartache and fall out she decides to take up a job offer wor...
184K 3.8K 44
Amelia Dane's mother dies so she has to move in with her aunt Rachel and her husband James in Detroit. Amelia begins her new life in Detroit, she be...