An Invulnerable Heart | Man o...

By CallmeUnbroken

| Book One | From the moment he was born Clark Kent wasn't just like any other ordinary boy. He was sent to e... More

Prologue
I. A New Beginning
II. Inseparable
III. Two Teenagers
IV. All Grown Up
V. Reunited
VI. Her Hero
VII. Against Everything
VIII. The Last Son of Krypton
IX. Not From Here
X. Forgive Forget
XI. You Are Not Alone
XIII. Leap of Faith
XIV. It Means Hope
XV. Ball & Chain
XVI. Free Fall
XVII. A Vicious Cycle
XVIII. The One
XIX. Haunted Hero

XII. Home

6.3K 159 13
By CallmeUnbroken

As his mother and Eleanor continued to chat, Clark's finger started to fiddle with his fork. Barely noticing, his food has been untouched and uneaten. Clark didn't feel hungry; in fact he was confused and a little scared for the decision he has to make. In between their conversations, Eleanor would flash a concerned look at Clark. Her hazel eyes filled with sympathy that Clark needed.

Maybe he should ask Eleanor about the situation, what she would do if the fate of the world were in her hands. She smiled at Clark, sending him a weird, small butterfly-like feeling in his stomach just like he felt when the two were younger the same feeling had sparked again. "Clark? Is everything alright? You haven't touched your dinner." His mother asked, tossing Eleanor and her's plates to the sink. Quickly looking up, Clark replied.

"I'm fine, Mom. I'm just not hungry tonight. Is there anything you need help with?" "Well, I do need-" His mother started. "I'll help, Martha. Clark, you should go get some rest." Eleanor interrupted, raising her hand in the air like a little first grader. "Oh, Eleanor, sweetheart. You don't have too. I'm not that old." Clark's mother joked beamingly. "No, it's fine Martha." Eleanor said. Eleanor sat up from her seat and walked over to his mother.

Asking about any things that needed to be done. Clark left the two and sat on the porch with thoughts about the General Zod situation. He was torn on whether to turn himself in or to remain hiding from the world. Throughout his whole life, Clark hid from the world. Waiting for the world to be ready to find out about his existence. Maybe, it was time for the world to find out who he was.

Right at this moment, the world needed hope and that was his role in the world, to guide and give the human race a symbol of hope. But, General Zod... could he be trusted? "What are you doing out here?" Eleanor spoke, folding her arms against her chest. She looked above into the sky and let out a soft sigh. "Wish we could get this kind of view in Metropolis." "It's pretty." Clark replied, gazing at the stars as well.

His hands suddenly became sweaty and his heart started to beat rapidly. Why was he acting like this? Sure, the Zod situation is nerve-wrecking as it is, but this wasn't why he was suddenly nervous. Soon Clark bashfully realized the amount of time he had spent gazing at Eleanor. Taking in her wavy blonde hair and wide smile, it was just like 7th grade. All the boys around her were anxious to know the pretty blonde girl.

Everyone wanted to know her and to friend her as if she was the next successful movie star. "Clark. Want to join Martha - I mean, your mom and I for a little dance party? It'll be fun, I promise." Eleanor said widening her smile as she raised her hand as if she was taking an oath. A bit hesitant, Clark accepted her invitation. He needed to take his mind off this situation for a brief moment.

Clark went inside and sat on the old couch. A melodic tune came on the radio, causing Clark's mother to jump from her seat. "Leave it there! This was your father and I's favorite song, Clark." She cried. Eleanor left the radio and sat at the couch beside them, listening to the tune of the piano play. A soft male's voice sang with the melodic piano playing in the background. Eleanor sat up and grabbed Clark's hand, causing him to flinch at her touch.

His mother smiled as she pulled Clark off the couch. The hand Eleanor held, she placed on her small hips while the other was intertwined with his other free hand. She also placed her arm around his broad shoulder and pulled herself slightly closer to him. Clark gulped and flashed a nervous look at his mother. His heart started to beat faster once again as Eleanor directed their moves. Nervously, he looked down at his feet, not wanting to accidentally step on Eleanor's.

"Don't worry, you're fine. Look at me, you're fine." Eleanor spoke, her voice soft and clear. Her eyes sent Clark a wave of reassurance as the two continued to dance along with the slow, melodic music. It was calm, peaceful and relaxing to Clark, sending him a different peaceful feeling he'd never felt before. To his surprise, Eleanor was softly singing the words to the song. Her voice still and calm reciting every word the song said.

"Come home to me. Back into my arms, Home where you belong. If home is where you are home is way too far away."

"All my life I've dreamed of love. Never thought it would hurt this much. To kiss goodbye and wait for your return. So I'll be strong and hold on to a picture and a thought of you. Giving it all the love that you deserve."

Small tears were forming in Eleanor's eyes as she continued to look down. He held her closer and whispered, "Don't worry, you're fine. Look at me, you're fine." The same exact words she spoke to him earlier. Eleanor looked up after Clark spoke, her eyes spilling with tears. She buried her face onto his shoulder as they continue to slowly move to the music. Once the words were sung, Eleanor broke away from his arms. She quickly ran out of the house.

"So come home to me. Come home to me. Back into my arms."

Once the words were sung, Eleanor broke away from his arms. She quickly ran out of the house. Dumbfounded, Clark stared at his mother who had the same confused expression. She motioned for him to follow her and to see what was wrong. He obeyed his mother's orders and followed Eleanor. Small sobs came from the front of the porch as Clark approached Eleanor. He didn't want to be rude if she needed some time alone, Clark was just going to check on her.

Seeing Eleanor all smiley and happy then switched to a girl in tears. He slowly sat down next to her - it reminded him when they were teenager and Eleanor had ran out of the classroom in tears, he also came to check on her after she ran out. "You okay?" He spoke after a brief, silent moment. Wiping away her tears with the back of jacket sleeve, Eleanor nodded and replied, "I'm okay. I'm fine. Sorry about that... it's just..." More tears streamed down from her eyes.

"What? Eleanor, you could tell me anything. We were and we still are best friends." Clark said, trying his best to open himself up for Eleanor. She was there when he needed someone and now Clark wanted to return the favor. Ever since when they were little, when she defended him from the boy picking on him, Eleanor was always there. "I feel utterly weak every single day of my life. Ever since my dad left I don't know who I am." Eleanor explained.

"I keep waiting for him to come home, to my mother and I. I never wanted him to become a military sergeant, hell not even a soldier but if I told him that it wouldn't have been supportive. I need my father in my life, I need his advice, his hugs, his love, everything. He was always there for me from the moment that I was born and I want to be with him before times runs out. I just don't know what to do." Eleanor said as tears escaped her eyes. A memory of her and her father appeared in her head.

"It's okay." Clark said as he wrapped his arms around Eleanor and allowed her to cry onto his shoulder. It reminded him when his own mother would do the same for him. Allowing him to feel the comfort and love of his mother. Clark wanted Eleanor to know that he cares about her and is willing to do anything for her. "You're not alone, Eleanor. I'm here for you, my mom is here for you, your mom. And, we love you." He whispered into her ear, brushing away her blonde hair.

"Eleanor you have to tell your father okay. You need to tell him that you need him and I know that if you do he'll stay for you and your mother." Clark said. "It's not that easy, he won't stay." Eleanor replied. "It is easy all you have to do is try. It never hurts to try." Clark said. "You're right. I'm going to do it I need him, my mom and I need him. He needs to know." Eleanor said. "See you'll see that at the end it will all be worth it." Clark said holding onto Eleanor.

After a few minutes, Eleanor released herself from Clark's grip. Again, using the back of her jacket sleeve, Eleanor wiped away the tears. She glanced at the time and sat up, brushing away any dust from her professional attire. Clark sat up as well, rubbing his tear-stained shoulder. "Sorry." Eleanor said softly, biting her lip at the large stain in Clark's shoulder. "It's fine." "I have to get going. I have work tomorrow and I completely lost track of the time."

"Julia would kill me if I arrive late to work." She paused to gather her things, "Thank you Martha for the lovely dinner and the fun dance party! I apologize for my sudden behavior." "Eleanor, you're welcomed here anytime. We love you, my dear." His mother replied. "Clark. Thank you. Thank you for everything and for saving me throughout all the years we've been with each other." Eleanor thanked as her a smile crept onto her lips.

Before leaving, she approached Clark and pressed her soft lips to his cheek. His empty stomach felt like it was twisted into a knot with millions of butterflies fluttering around while his cheeks concealed a bright red color. Unable to move from his position, Clark waved to Eleanor as she drove off. His mother walked next to him with a smirk plastered on her fragile face. The only thing Clark could do was smile beamingly at his mother.

**

"Eleanor, you know what's going to happen to us?" Julia cried. "I know, I know. The FBI is going to find us because they might think I know this Kal-El dude. Julia, you've been repeating the same thing like three times! Calm, the FBI won't find us." Eleanor said back, twirling her hot chocolate spoon. Julia nodded at her response and turned to face the TV above them. Every news station has been discussing about the situation.

All with the same conclusion, Kal-El must turn himself in. The fate of the human race rests in his hands. Eleanor didn't know if Clark would turn himself in. To her knowledge, she knew Clark would turn himself in - it was in his nature. Beside her, her phone started to ring with Perry's name all over the screen. "So you're saying two geniuses from The Daily Planet - Eleanor Martin and Julia Kingsley know about this Kal-El guy?"

Julia's eyes grew wide as she tugged on Eleanor's arm. "Are you listening to this crap? It's been running all morning! Eleanor! Do you know where this guy is?" Perry cried. "I don't even. I don't know, Perry!" Eleanor lied, holding herself back from revealing Clark. "Eleanor, the entire world is being threatened here. This isn't the time to be playing around." Perry retorted. "This is serious, Eleanor. The FBI is here, looking for you two." Looking up at Julia, she had a panicked look across her face.

Outside of Julia's apartment in which they were in, black vans started to pull up on the parkway. Shoot. As they both got up, Eleanor grabbed her phone. "Look, I gotta go." Eleanor said, hanging up the call. On their way, they barged through the hallway, running into the people. Julia grabbed Eleanor's hand as the two ran down the stairs inside of the elevator. Back inside, they could hear the screams of the people in the apartment.

The FBI was here and they were now caught. Eleanor pushed herself, making her legs to run faster than her normal speed. The wind flew through her blonde wavy locks and pierced her cheeks, causing them to become red in color. Julia continued to look at Eleanor as she dragged her along the escape. Her heart started to beat fast as adrenaline seeped through her tired body. Julia came to a stop behind a crowd of people waiting to cross the street. "Blend in." She whispered.

The two walked toward the middle of the huge crowd, trying their best to blend in. The FBI cars were right in front of them, their eyes scanning each individual crossing the street. The car door opened and a man walked into the crowd. The crowd started to disband as the two searched for a new hideaway. "I think we lost them." Eleanor spoke, breathing heavily. Just as she finished her sentence, a black car drove in front of them.

The car door opened, revealing a suit-clothed man with dark sunglasses despite the gloomy weather. Other men followed, grabbing the two and shoving them into the car. Eleanor became mad as she was squished into the back with Julia. "Try all you want, I'm never going to talk." Eleanor retorted, folding her arms across her chest and tilting her face away from the men in the car.

A/N:

Yay an update! Sorry it took so long, I was sick since last Sunday so I couldn't update. So a little Elark moment for you guys, I actually had the idea for this chapter planned for the previous one but I felt like it was too long. Also new cover! How do you guys like it? I love it. Well hope you all enjoy! Updates coming your way, thanks for all the support you guys! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 39 10
A guy from our world dies, he becomes the God of his own universe, so he decides to create his own superhero universe and even his own version of the...
92.9K 3.1K 52
"I love you, Dad... But having Superman as your father and living in his shadow is... hard... I can't ever live up to that..." The daughter of Super...
172K 4.8K 20
ANNOUNCEMENT MARCH 17, 2021 This story, as well as my other Justice League Universe story 'Heroes', is being completely rewritten! First I will rewri...
207K 5.2K 21
[ COMPLETED // UNEDITED ] Clark Kent was a boy not from this world. However, he was specifically sent here for a reason. To lead and provide hope for...