Nocturnal Nights ( Harry Pott...

By IconiclySuffering

Thisbe Robinson only wanted something normal to happen to her life for once . This is proven difficult when h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 33

676 42 3
By IconiclySuffering

Sitting in a window in the corridor, right before the moving staircases, I was flipping though the pages of my Herbology book while biting off more of my liquorice wand. I was told to meet Remus here so he could take me up to where the Gryffindor common room was. We had agreed to work on our potions project up there since it was supposed to be a secret where the Hufflepuff basement was. Did you know it's been undiscovered from other houses for more then a thousand years.

Besides, I've always wanted to see the inside of the Gryffindor tower. McGonagall says its full of rich reds and couches everywhere for people to chat. It doesn't sound so different, except that ours is littered in various plants, yellow, and is mostly underground. I once saw a first year lean into a cactus, it wasn't a pretty outcome and he had to go to Madam Pomfrey's. Let's hope that doesn't happen very often anymore.

I was studying there for about ten minutes, thinking it was a good idea to get there early. Like my dad always says, a few minutes early is a lot better than being a few minutes late. Besides, I was falling behind in my homework. I still have to write a whole essay on Flobberworms and don't get me started on my Tranfiguration work.

Not long after I finished up my wand, I saw a pair of feet stop right in front of me. Looking up, a large smile crossed my face as Remus stood a foot away. With his sandy hair and the large scars lining his face, he gave me toothy grin. "I see you didn't bail out."

"Yes, indeed." I threw back jokingly, hopping off the window and grabbing my bag and books. Next thing I know, we're skipping up the moving staircases, being cautious to where we place our step. I had almost forgotten about the trick stair that vanished until Remus called it out. Half way up, he had finally made it to a large painting of a fat lady. She was clad in a large white sheet and a head dress made of leaves sat on her hair.

Looking suspiciously at me, she leaned in and squinted. "This girls a Hufflepuff-"

"Yes, I know" Remus cut her off, "The password's Pig Snout."

"Now, young boy-"

"Pig Snout," He repeated again, knowing that technically he shouldn't be taking her in here. The lady huffed and crossed her arms, muttering to herself. Finally, the portrait door swung open to reveal a large brightly red room.

Gryffindor kids were all scattered around, talking to each other excitingly or just studying for their exams. It was very lively, unlike the calm peacefulness you could find in the Hufflepuff's room. It would have been very disappointing if I had left my color blindness glasses back at the room, because almost everything was a velvety red. From the carpets to even the drapes in the windows.

I was surprised when Remus took hold of my wrist and pulled me through the hole, seeming as he had a tight grip. We swiveled our way through a good amount of students, who most didn't even bother to notice a Hufflepuff was here. But right as we were almost to the boy's stairs, a voice called out from behind us.

"Thisbe? What are you doing here?" Lily Evan's voice rang out. Both of us stopped on the bottom of the stairs and looked back to see the redhead staring up at us. "... and why are you going up there with Remus." She said the last part slowly, trying to hint something.

It took us a second to figure out what she meant but soon we were stuttering with blushing faces." N-no - We're not going to-" I got out, point between him and I," We're not."

"It's ok, I just wanted to make sure." She stopped me, holding her hands up in defense. "But I still want to know what you're doing in the Gryffindor tower." She asked again.

"We have to work on our potions project." Remus said a little bit too quickly. We both gave him a look, me wondering why he sounds like he's lying. Lily squinted her eyes at him, and then they flickered to me.

"Potions huh?"

"Yeah, Potions." I agreed, stepping up another step. "Come on Remus." And together we bounced up the marble stairs. When ever we made it to the top, I released my hold on him." What was that all about?" He looked both ways before motioning me into the one of the dark wooden doors. I followed and he slowly shut the door behind carefully. "Remus, what's-" I was cut off by a voice only a person with memory loss could forget.

" Ah, look Thisle arrived." James poked his head over his book from his bed and gave me a cheek.

I sent a glare towards him,"You know I hate those nicknames, my name's Thisbe, not Thisle." I corrected him for the hundredth time.He rolled his eyes and went back to reading his book,allowing me to look around the room. It honestly wasn't so different, except for the whole other color scheme and the fact that we're in a tower. They do have a nice view from the window though. The fire in the middle of the room was burning brightly, and I then noticed Sirius and Peter both staring back at me. Giving a glance back at Remus, he had sent me a cheeky look. " I have a feeling I'm not here for Potions homework." I muttered.

"See, she is smart." Sirius said sarcastically, hitting Peter's shoulder.

"You're right. We actually need your help." Remus told me, gesturing for me to sit down on one of the beds. I raised an eyebrow in question, but sat down anyways.

"That's a first." I scoffed, not really believing they would come to me for help. I mean, I am the one person who put them through a whole week of pranking torture, just for messing with my hair. Although, they had it coming for them. If no one was going to show them their place then I was soon destined to be me. " So what's the whole big deal about." I asked.

They all looked at each other, some more wary than the others. " Are you sure we can trust her Remus."James asked. Remus was silent for a moment, still looking like he's fighting an inner battle with himself.

That's when I became more solemn, realizing this might be more serious than expected. "Look," I paused, catching the attention of the guys," I find it quite ridiculous of why you need my help, but if somethings wrong I'll try my best to fix it. " I explained.

" Well, we're trying to see if you can keep your mouth shut about what we tell you." Sirius spoke up crossing his arms, "And I must admit, we're very desperate at this point."

"I'm trustworthy!" I defended myself. "I swear I'll keep any secret... unless you killed someone. Please tell me, you don't need me to hide a body for you." I added that last part with a much smaller voice.

Remus sighed, rubbing his forehead,"No Thisbe, we do not need you to hide a body." He recited, shaking his head.

"Well, I mean, she is a Hufflepuff. They're known to be loyal." Peter added, ignoring the last part of the conversation , trying to defend my side.

The others all hummed in approval, finding that to be a reasonable answer. "Look,just please - please don't take this the wrong way." Remus said, finally motioning for Peter to get something. He left and came back with a large book that was very familiar to me. Scrunching up my eyebrows, I gave them all a look.

"Why the bloody hell do you have the Animagus registry." I told them. From there I knew where this was going. They knew I had become an animagus, one thing I tried keeping hidden from my classmates. However, wizarding law requires all registered animagus to be recorded for anyone to see. I'm just wondering why they were looking in the first place.

Sirius took the book from the mousy boy and held it up for me to see on the registry page. "You, Thisbe Robinson, a name not that's not hard mix up, became an fully legal animagus at age twelve."He stated, pointing to my name in all black letters. I swallowed hard, taking a large moment before giving a nod, confirming it. I was stuck in a railroad crossing with a wand at my head.

"So, I mean- why does this even concern you fools?" I sputtered, running a hand through my hair.

"We need your help to become ones. Illegally."James stated quickly.

"What?!" I shrieked, shooting up quickly with a hand to my head. They all shushed me loudly, trying to calm me down. They forced me back down onto the bed and gave me warning looks,"I- I can't do that. Not only is it against the laws but it's very advanced magic, not to mention YOU WOULD BE SENT TO ASKABAN!" I rambled nervously, continuing to exclaim in a very squeaky voice.

"Thisbe! Thisbe, calm down!" Remus told me, taking hold of both of my shoulders." Please, listen to us." He pleaded, I calmed down still hyperventilating through my nose, trying to take deep breaths. "We need your help Thisbe." He begged.

I swallowed the lump in my throat again, still looking at him in the eyes. "Ok, why? Why would you need my help to become illegal Animagi?" I tried approaching the situation calmer.

No one wanted to answer, but soon it was Remus who spoke up again. "It's- it's complicated."

"Well, so is becoming bloody animagi!" I shoot back," I need a good enough reason, I mean, you're asking me to do something that could get me sent to Azkaban. You know, that place with the dementors which would love to suck my soul out." I started going on with a tone.

He rubbed his face, still not believing he was about to tell her his biggest secret. They needed her help, they really did. When the four boys had looked up all the information they needed to become animagi, they had first stumbled along one of the only available books; the registry. Seeing as it wasn't that big of a book, they flipped through it already expecting to the name of their transfiguration professor. Almost everyone at the school knew the animal abilities professor McGonagall had.

To their surprise, they found something much more interesting.

Thisbe Pyramus Robinson was written down in full bold letters, with no denying that this was their former classmate. At first they had thought it was a lie, but soon it became more believable. She had been one of the smartest witch their age. The book stated that she turned into an owl, which had soon explained why they had once caught her with bird wings last year. They were impressed to say the least, that she had kept it hidden from everyone. The perfect person to keep a secret.

However, not many people would take fair to learning that a werewolf has been living among them. They all knew Thisbe was a nice girl, except for the small bit of evil that hides inside her soul when someone pisses her off. But besides that, she was a loyal Hufflepuff. At most, a good friend of Remus.

" There's something wrong with me." The lanky boy admitted quietly, staring at his lap.

She knotted her eyebrows together, still confused. " But- but why would becoming Animagi help that." She asked. " I don't know anything that would... need that."She started to space.

" Think about it love," Sirius started, leaning on the edge of the bed,"He gets sick every single month."

"Preferably around the exact same day of a moon cycle."James said.

"Has scars all on his body." Peter threw in.

"You're not dumb Thisbe, you can figure it out." Sirius went on.

Thisbe sat there silently for a long time, already realizing what the big deal was. She didn't know what to think. The guy she liked turned into a beast every full moon. But he was Remus, not a monster. He gave her chocolate when she was sad, and always enjoyed reading his books. He was the first person she befriended here, or even had a crush on.

It all made sense now, the only way anyone could be near a werewolf on a full moon is to become an animagus. She remembered reading up on it in her training.

They were trying to become animagi so they could help Remus through transformations. It was unbelievable what they were going through just for their friend. She was actually proud of what they were doing for him.

"So.." Remus coughed, still unable to look up. " I- i would understand why you wouldn't want to help. You know, it's all illegal and everything, I, for one, would be too dangerous to be around."

" You wouldn't be dangerous Remus."

"Thisbe, I form into a raging beast every month. I lose total control."He sighed wildly, "What part of it doesn't scream dangerous. Aren't you afraid?"He rubbed his eyes.

She took a moment before answering with a simple,"No," she gave him a small smile," You wouldn't hurt me."

He gave her a flimsy smile back, not really sure if her words could be true. "Well Thisbe Pyramus Robinson, "Sirius recited in a posh mocking tone, "What's the answer?"

"Help us or not?" James asked.

"I guess, I guess I will... " She paused,"But only if you stop it with nicknames Black."

Like and comment for more!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.7K 1.3K 21
So I recently started to read soulmate era stories and that lead to poly stories somehow. I really like them and apparently lots of other people do t...
55.2K 1.4K 13
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
165K 6K 33
All Alanna Harpshire wants is to finish her schooling years with good grades and a few great friends. She has everything planned out and knows exactl...
3.4K 40 12
Sirius Black has been disowned, Remus Lupin is struggling with the reality of being a werewolf. Neither of them knows what their futures hold. When R...