The Boy Next Door (Harry Styl...

By harry9d4

The Boy Next Door - Marcel, has known Jodie Rogers his whole life, they went to the same school, and also sam... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 43 (part 2)
Chapter 44

Chapter 38

208 6 0
By harry9d4

Harry's POV

"Jodie Rogers cheating on Harry Styles with best man Louis Tomlinson" I read the headline over and over again, willing it to change. I can't believe this, She just went on and on about how much she loves me and then she goes out with Louis and Niall. She slept on Louis' shoulder, was holding his hand. Kissing his cheek and took fan pictures with him, all this stuff. I can't believe her. I would never do that to her, how could she do that to me? I thought she actually loved me, not just whatever this is. She didn't even argue with me when I told her to go away, as if she already knew she had no chance.

"Harry, you need to calm down" I hear Liam say as he enters, the room. "You need to listen to me right now." I roll my eyes and pull my covers back up "No. Did you not just hear me?"
"Go away Liam, I don't care about whatever you have to say" I know that i'm crying, I know my face is red and theres tear stains all over the bed, I must look rediculous right now. "You do"

"No I don't!" I raise my voice a little buy accident, Liam doesn't seem affected. "Go away! The only thing I used to care about is Jodie but she doesn't care about me anymore so what's even the point of life anymore!!" I yell at him, I don't mean to but it just comes out.
"HARRY!! LISTEN TO ME!!" I don't think I've ever really seen him yell very much so it's a bit startling.
"SHE LOVES YOU, YOU WON'T EVEN GIVE HER A CHANCE TO EXPLAIN"

"I don't need a explanation to know that my girlfriend and best friend both went behind my back without me knowing. She came home as if nothing had happened. They just happened to go to a public place where they'd get pictures taken of them. WHat if it was a private place! I never would've even knew!"

"SHUT UP! I talked to her and she said it's fake"
"Of cours she did Liam, she wouldn't say it's real!"
"WOULD YOU STOP IT" he's really mad now, full on yelling at me. He grabs my shoulder and pulls me up so I'm looking at him instead of being face down into the pillow
"You need to let her explain herself, or let me do it. You need to know what happened before you make any judgements."
I roll my eyes and shove his hands away. How is he talking to me like this? I'm not 5.
"You know how bad the paps are, they make a big deal of nothing"
"Liam! She was holding his hand! He had his arm around her when I specifically told her he can't do that! Also, you could clearly see that she kissed his cheek. Who does that!?!"
He just looks at me as I yell right to his face even though he didn't do anything wrong.
"Harry. You love her right?"
I roll my eyes and laugh a bit about the stupid question.
"Obviously, i love her more than life itself, I love her more than there is stars in the sky. She is my star in the sky. Well..was.."
"She still is. You know she loves you so much, she's just as broken as you are right now. She came to me in tears because she knew you wouldn't even let her speak, let alone defend herself for something she didn't even do. When are you going to realise that she loves you and she doesn't want anybody else? When? Cause she's waiting for you to and you don't seem to be even headed in that direction"
"What do you mean she didn't do it? There's proof on here"
"That came from the paparazzi!! They make everything up!!!"
That is true..they do. If everything they said was true I'd have died like 5 times already.
"Think about it" he says before walking out the door and leaving me with my thoughts.

After about an hour of thinking, I decide to hear it from her and then make my decision. From what I can see it looks bad, but I know how bad the paps are and i can see them doing something like that. She wouldn't actually do that..would she?
No. Of course she wouldn't. What am I thinking.
Now that Liam has actually kind of calmed me down, I need to speak with her. I was just so mad, so annoyed and so frustrated with that and it made me forget how to think rationally. I just assume the worst when I'm mad, I was really mad right there.

Im such a mess up, honestly. I walk downstairs and look around the room, I see her standing by the window, leaning on the window sill on her elbow. I can see a few tears catching the light from the window..she's crying. My heart aches and I just want to forget about all the drama that just passed and hold her, never letting go. I reach her and put my arms around her waist, startling her a bit. I put my chin on the top of her head since she's leaning down a bit
"I'm sorry" I start by saying.
"It's my fault. I guess I was just too mad to think straight.." She turns around and stands normally, our faces literally 5 centimetres apart "It's not your fault.." Now I definately can't think straight. I feel like im in a trance, I just want to kiss her so bad "I don't know..how they made it seem that.... bad but I promise that's not what happened...." She pauses everytime our lips brush, she must be feeling the same way as I am right now.

"It's okay, I..I know you wouldn't..do th-"

"Just kiss me already" She mutters and it makes me smile, then I crash my lips against hers. I can feel her hands running over my chest, and her smiling in the kiss. "I love you..so..much" I mumble in between kisses, making her giggle. "I love you too" she pulls away for a second to wipe the tears away on her face and then somebody interrupts us.a

"GET A ROOM!!!" I hear Louis yell, making Jodie laugh. I smile at her, even though she's not looking at me. I love her laugh so much, it's the most amazing sound I've ever heard, it could cure the most horrible of the diseases. She turns back to me and her smile disapears right away. "What?" She looks around the room, then pats her pockets as if she's looking for something "Uhh.." She lets go of me and runs upstairs..Okay then. "Nevermind" She yells down the stairs. "I borrowed your sunglasses"

"My sunglasses?"

"Yeah" She walks back down the stairs and passes me them "Okay.."

"Oh, and here's your shirt" She takes off the shirt I gave her before she went with them . "No, you can keep it"

"Good cos I really didn't want to give it back to you" I look at her for a minute and sigh. "Well then" She smiles innocently and hugs me with one arm and goes back into the room with everybody else. What would I do without her. Constantly even when I mess up, she always sticks with boring old me. We haven't gone out in a while, just me and Jodie. Tomorrow night, I'll take her somewhere. Somewhere nice. It's gonna be great. I grin at my date ideas and go up to my room to try and figure something out.

Next Day

Jodie's POV

I wake up since I feel something shifting around me, i look around the room and Harry is getting in bed..why is he just getting in bed this early in the morning? "What are you doing?" I groggily ask him, he just puts his hand on my shoulder and puts me back into the position I was in before "Ssh, it's nothing, go back to bed" I'm not convinced its nothing, but i'm too tired right now to care. "Whatever" He snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me against his chest, falling back asleep.

8 hours later

I was told by Louis to get dressed nice, we were going to a play in the theater, but to also wear somehting comfortable. I don't know why the sudden change of plans to go to the theater or why Im going with Louis, but it sounds fun so I agree. 20 minutes later there's a knock on the door, just as I'm finishing up "Can anybody get that!" I yell throughout the house hoping for somebody else to get it while I get my shoes on. No answer. Ugh

I walk downstairs and open the door to find Harry standing there in a black button up shirt and silver tie, with the ends of his shirt tucked into his black dress pants held up by a belt, holding a rose. "For you, m'lady" He hands me the rose, then offers me his arm. I smile, figuring out that this was a set up by them all. Now it makes more sense..I had a feeling he wouldn't want me going out with Louis after what had happened..

"Thank you" I put my arm through his and close the door behind me. "You look beautiful tonight" He whispers to me, making me smile. "And you look veryy handsome" I look over at him and of course part of his collar is sticking up. Why does he always do that it looks rediculous. "You always do this" I stop walking and fix it, putting it back down. He has a smug smile on his face when I do that, and when I notice I just sigh and roll my eyes "Did you do that on purpose just to annoy me?"

He grins and nods, putting my arm back through his "I kinda thought by now you should know not to tell me things that annoy you, cause I'll obviously take advantage of it"

"You're so annoying why am I dating you?"

"I ask myself that question every day" He opens the door for me and I smile, getting into the passenger side. He runs around the front and gets in on his side, I must say that his outfit does look very good on him. "alright, what did the boys tell you about tonight?" He asks when he gets in the car and closes the door. "Louis said we were going to a play or something like that"

"Ah. Well we infact are not going to a play, that sounds extremely boring" i chuckle and lean back in the seat, he laces our fingers together "So where are we going then?" I ask when he starts the car. I know plays are not his thing.

He just looks at me and smirks "Well that's for me to know and you to find out" I roll my eyes and sigh, still smiling. "During the drive though, I put together a few songs" He presses play on the cd player and I recognize the song right away, it was the song i'd told him was my favourite. "You remembered" He smiles and pulls out of the driveway "Of course I remembered, I don't forget important things"

"My favourite song is not that important"

"Jo, anything to do with you is important" Aw, I almost forgot how romantic he is sometimes. I look down to hide the blush that's covering my cheeks, he doesn't need to see that.

He laughs and puts his finger under my chin, making me look at him when we stop at a light "Don't be embarrassed, you're beautiful" Ugh, he's making it worse
"Stop!" I laugh a little and look the other way so he doesn't see again how red he's made my cheeks "You're making it worse" He laughs again and continues driving wherever we're going. We end up at a building, a school probably.
"This is Niall's old school, just so you know it's not a random creepy building" Harry tells me when he comes across to my side to get the door, offering me his hand. I smile and take it, stepping out of the car. "Why are we here?"
"You'll find out in a minute, geez you're so impatient"

"I was just asking" I put up my other hand innocently and he chuckles, pulling out a key from his back pocket, unlocking the door. "Why do you have a key to Niall's old school?" I whisper to him when we walk in, he shrugs. "The real question is why don't you have a key to Niall's old school?" Ugh.
"Whatever, if we get thrown in jail i'm blaming you"

"Lovely"

"It is isn't it"
He fake smiles at me then goes back to a straight face as if to say 'not funny' I laugh and then cover my mouth, what if somebody's here. "Is anybody here, are we going to get introuble, why are we here?"

"Jodie, relax. It's fine" He squeezes my hand reassuringly and leads me to stairs to go to the second level of the school. Then, we go to the back and there's a ladder in a room, and a hatch in the roof "What is this"

Harry steps on the first few steps of the ladder and pushes is open, then comes back down and motions for me to go first. He's very gentleman like today. I like it.

"Whoa.." When I get to the top, we're on the roof of the school and the city lights all around us illuminate the area. There's a table with a candle on it and 2 plates, a tray with a silver lid over it. Aw, cute. There's a folded blanket on a table and also a speaker, with some more candles on the table. "What is this" Harry comes up and closes the hatch, coming over to me "It's our date"

"I came here this morning before all the kids came to set it up, that's why I was getting back in bed so early" Ohhh, that makes sense now. "Aww, it's so romantic looking" He smiles at me and puts his arm around my waist, hugging me to his side "I wouldn't have it any other way for you" i smile and hug him back, then go over to the table "What's under here?" I point to the silver lid, he pulls out my chair for me and motions for me to sit down.

"Well, I just brought this here before I went to pick you up so it's not a whole day old or anything" i smile at him and put my hand over his "Aw, you're so cute sometimes" it may just be the candle lighting, but I swear I can see his cheeks turn red

"Shall we eat?"
I nod quickly and lick my lips, it's gotta be something good. He's a really good cook. He pulls the lid off the tray and puts it on the floor below, revealing a delicous looking pasta dish. This actually looks really good. Pasta is like my favourite.
"Do you not like it?" He looks at me with wide eyes and a worried look on his face.

"No, I love it. Pasta's my favourite food, I was just surprised how you knew that" He sighs in relief and grins "I have my ways"

I smile and raise my eyebrows at him "That's not creepy at all" He rolls his eyes and hits me lightly on my arm "Shut up"

I put some on my plate, I swear I never said to him that it was my favourite food. He still knew though.

"Oh my gosh this is so good, did you make it?" He smiles and nods "Yeah, that's where I've been all day. Sorry"

Riight, he's been gone all day and was ignoring my phone calls and not telling me anything. I knew something was up, just not sure what. It makes more sense now. "I guessssss you're forgiven. Maybe."

He raises his eyebrows "Maybe? Why not yes?"

"Because, it depends on the rest of the night" It doesn't, i'm not even mad at him but I want to see how far he'll take it. "Alright, you're on" He smirks at me from across the table then continues eating. This is going to be one interesting night.

"So, Mrs. Rogers. How exactly was last year for you, since I was away the whole time and it must've been boring"
I raise my eyebrows at him and laugh a bit. "Actually, for your information I had a blast without you" I smirk and he raises his eyebrows aswell "Really. And what exactly did you do that made it ' a blast'" He's right, it was boring but I can't let him win, he needs to get used to how I work again. "Well, I made a new friend. You haven't met him yet"

"Him?" His smirk disapears and he narrows his eyes

"Yeah, such a lovely guy, so cute also"

"Who is this guy?" His tone sounds almost threatening, and I smile innocently at him just to make him more on edge "Well his name is Jonathan, he's got perfect light brown hair and beautiful bright blue eyes. Very adorable looking" I know that this is wrong in Harry's mind, he's going to be mad at me but not when I explain to him, if he'll let me. He will, he has to.

"What? Give me your phone right now" His face is kind of red and he holds his hand out, impatiently waiting for me to give him my phone. He's angry, that's for sure. That's not good. "Why?"
"Cause, I need to speak to this 'Jonathan' and tell him to never lay another one of his ugly dirty slimy fingers on you again" I laugh a little and hand him my phone, he looks like he'd take my head off if I didn't

"Where is it?" He demands from me and now I'm starting to think he's mad at me too. "Where is what?"

"His phone number, it's not here. I can't believe you're doing this! After everything we've been through these 5 years and you go and hang out with some 'super good looking' dude named Jonathan with 'beautiful eyes' and whatever else! We're going in a circle Jodie, constantly. There's always another guy in the way why can't we ever just go a week without somebody else barging in!!" He yells, standing up quickly. The chair falls back and he puts my phone back on the table rather harshly. Geez.

"Harry.." He puts his hand up to tell me to stop talking "Stop. I can't do this anymore, I'm tired of always finding out about another guy that you're hanging out with! I've never done that to you with anybody and I wasn't planning on it! But maybe I should" No no no this is bad

"Harry no he's jus-"

"No. I'm done listening." He grabs his phone from the other table and opens the hatch, leaving me here alone on the roof of the school. Well that didn't go well. Seriously? He should know by now I wouldn't cheat on him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

972K 34.6K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...
20.4K 219 17
Harry Styles is a freshmen and isn't good with school work endless it involves skipping his classes or sexual entertainment of some sort. he doesn't...
56.5K 1.5K 32
Welcome to the next series! Holland is a private school for boys. The boys who are attending the school are so happy because they know the one and on...
60.3K 2.1K 19
Marcel Styles, the guy who gets bullied and beaten and ignored by everyone, falls in love with a guy named Louis Tomlinson, Louis Tomlinson on the ot...