Caught In The Middle

By SanC-Rylie

This is the continuation of Book 1 Daddy's Little Assassin. So before you even proceed to read this book plea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Please Read- Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Important Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
The Cast
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Book 3
Newest Mafia Novel
New Story Alert 🚨

Chapter 55

62.7K 2.1K 1K
By SanC-Rylie

"Y-you? You kill him?I don't... But that's not possible... It doesn't... What!?" Leon babbled clearly confused and in shock. "You're joking right?"

"Leon, please that wasn't something I wanted you to find out at least not like this" I said to him. "But believe me when I day I had to, I just... I didn't have a choice".

"You didn't have a choice? Lexi you took someone's life!" Leon yelled in disbelief.

"Leon shh!" I said trying to get him to toned down. "Could you please not shout that out? That someone took my family away from me".

"Did the police know?"Leon asked.

"Of course they know,they found his body after" I replied.

"And they haven't arrested you?" Leon asked incredulously.

"They don't know who did it" I confessed. "It happened I a clubs bathroom, cameras weren't installed at the time".

"What!? I can't... I don't believe this. I trusted you with Emily" Leon said wide eyes. "Oh my God, I've allowed my daughter to stay with a criminal?"

"Leon come on you know I'd never hurt you or Em" I tried telling him.

"I don't believe this" Leon said pulling the car door and stepping out.

"Leon! Leon stop! Wait please" I said getting out the car as well and running behind him.

"Lexi what do you want!? You just confessed to me about an unsolved murder what do you expect me to do?" Leon asked still walking. "You know I have to report this".

"Please Leon stop" I said holding unto his arm causing him to stop."Listen to me please".

"What else could you possible tell me, are you gonna confessed to more unsolved murder cases? Tell me about more possible murders" Leon asked.

"Well that wasn't my first time... But that's not the point I" I started saying.

"Jesus Christ Lexi!" Leon said pulling his arm from out my grasp. "Do you hear yourself? Are you telling me that I've become friends with a psychotic killer!?"

"Stop it! Leon please just stop it". I said going in front him and putting my hands on his chest stopping him from walking off. "Hear me out please, please Leon".

I noticed Leon had stopped and was now trying to calm his breathing as he looked down at me therefore I used that as my opportunity to start talking.

"After my parents died, I was sent to live in a foster home for girls. I went through a really traumatic experience, what would you do if you had witnessed your parents being killed?" I asked looking up at him. "I just didn't know how to deal with the whole issue and so I'd stay by myself in order to avoid everyone but at times I'd get into fights and a bit out of control when the other girls tried picking on me. I was assign a therapist who I had to see quite often so that she'd help me with my trauma"

"I'm not psychotic Leon. It helped for a time but then I just couldn't stay in that home anymore so I ran away and that when I met my adopted father and he brought me to America and I became a part of his family. When I was seventeen my so called boyfriend had kidnapped me along with his uncle in hopes of torturing then killing me as a way to get back at my Dad for some crop. I ended up having to kill them in order to save my life, that was the first time I had to kill".

"Oh my God" Leon said in disbelief running his hand through his hair before turning away from me.

"Leon please I'm not done yet just please hear me out" I begged causing him to turn back to me.

"Then what? You just started killing from then on? Couldn't the police deal with it?" Leon said.

"No, it was a matter of life and death. It was either me or them, I wasn't going to sit back and let them kill me. I grew up and then I happened to encounter the guy who killed my parents in the US that night at the club. He was the one who caused things tone do unfortunate for me so I was upset and craved revenge, I did what I felt was necessary" I said to him. "I don't regret what I did but you have to believe me that I never do anything like that without a reason, I don't kill for fun. Leon you can't say anything to anyone about this, you're my friend and I trust you. I know this that I'm asking you to do maybe hard but please I only did that as a way of making sure that guy never hurt anyone else. Please I wouldn't hurt you or Emily and I think deep down you know that too just please keep this between us".

"And after that?" Leon asked. "Did you do it again?"

"Yeah" I nodded sheepishly. "But I had to, they were criminals it was either my life or theirs. Leon you know me".

"Do I really Lexi?" Leon asked fuming. "Are you gonna tell me that I know you when you've killed more times than I could ever imagined?"

"Leon you said you were my friend" I said to him. "Friends be there for each other that which you've done so far with me bit friends also protect friends, and they don't judge them for their mistakes or things they do, I'm not perfect Leon. And neither are you but don't tell me you wouldn't do anything to protect Em or your family".

"Lexi I don't and can't condone killing" Leon replied.

"And I'm not asking you to Leon" I said to him. "Please all I'm asking is for you to just be my friend, a real friend. I want you to just try to trust me. Try to understand me or just look into my life then tell me if you were in my shoes wouldn't you probably have done the same thing?"

"I won't say anything to anyone" Leon finally said to me.

"Thank you" I said before going to hug him even if he didn't want to be hugged by me right now.

"But..." Leon said before pausing in surprise by my hug. "Doesn't mean I'll still be able to trust you the same as before".

"Leon I'm telling you, you can trust me. I trust you and I haven't even know you that long" I said to him. "There are other things I'd like to tell you so that you'll know you can trust me but I won't go into anymore topics today that maybe too much to handle. But please I'm begging you, I need a friend a real one who'll understand me and that's you right now. Can we somehow just forget about this whole thing today and just continue like before, Go grab something to eat and shop for ball attire and just have a good time tonight? You promised me"

"Yeah well that was before you made that confession to me" Leon replied.

"And you're gonna change your mind on me now?" I asked in disbelief. "I thought you were my friend. You told me you trust me and I trust you, do you think I'd open up to you about something like this if I didn't trust you or think of you as my friend?"

"I don't- I don't know Lexi" Leon said.

"You know I'm not horrible as you'd like to think" I said to him. "Is that why this is so hard for you?".

"Lexi I wish you haven't told me that" Leon replied.

"I know I'm sorry, I just thought I'd be honest with you" I told him. "But please don't let this change things between us... Please".

Leon looked at me intently for a few minutes before sighing.

"You know what? Let's just get back to the car and just finished today okay" Leon said before walking off back in the direction of the car.

Even though he didn't say he'll forget everything or that everything was cool with us I couldn't help but sighing in relief as I followed him back to the car. For the remainder of the day we went out to eat then pick out attire for the ball. Our conversation was a bit strained since Leon still needed some more time to wrap his head around the new information he's heard about me. While picking my dress things got a little less tense as Leon gave his opinions on the different dresses as well as helping me choose the perfect dress. When we were to choose his suit things kinda get funny as I wanted to buy the suit for him but he kept refusing saying that he's a man and he can buy his own suit etc. The store clerk thought we were a really 'cute couple', in the end I won as I had handed the cashier my card before Leon could. After we were finished we head back to the hotel before boarding the plane back to New York.

"Thanks again for coming here with me tonight" I whispered to Leon as we were entering the hotel as we paused to allow a few pictures.

"No problem Lexi" Leon replied. "I had no idea this would be like
one of those big red carpet event with celebs".

"Sorry I forgot to warn you" I said before smiling for a couple more pictures.

"Are these gonna be online or in the tabloids?" Leon asked putting his hand on my waist as we posed for pictures.

"Yep and the TV and business magazines" I replied.

"I've been to different functions before but never one this big" Leon replied.

"Well there's a first for everything ain't it?" I said to him. "You're at a large event with lots of big business owners so this is expected".

"It just didn't crossed my mind at first" Leon replied.

"I'm kinda glad it didn't. Maybe you wouldn't volunteer to come along" I said to him losing for one last picture. "Come on let's go in".

After we went inside we were greeted by a large banquet hall fill with people, men and women in expensive looking suits and designer cocktail and evening dresses. After greeting and socializing with a few familiar business associates alongside introducing Leon to them and having champagnes. They had a few finger foods and music playing as well. After a couple of minutes I spotted my parents.

"My parents are here" I said to Leon.

"Where?" Leon asked.

"Over there. Come let's go introduced you" I said before pulling him with me over to where mom and Dad was.

"Hey guys" I said greeting them as they turned around.

"Honey you're here" mom said in surprised. "You look beautiful"

"Yeah. And I thought you weren't gonna make it this year" Dad said surprise as well. "I thought you were still in England".

"Thanks. And I wasn't gonna be here tonight but I was convinced that I could do both things today" I smile hugging them both.

"Mom, Dad this is Leon. I believed I told you about him before"I said pointing to Leon. "Leon these are my parents Alphonso and Katherine Luciano".

"Its nice to meet you both Mr and Mrs. Luciano" Leon said shaking both their hands.

"Same to you" Dad replied.

"You too dear, but you can just call me Kath" Mom replied.

"Lexi?" I hear from behind me.

I turned around to see Kathleen and Dominic both looking amazing.

"Oh hey guys" I smile at them.

"Didn't expect to see you here tonight" Dominic said to me. "Heard you were out the country".

"Yeah but I made it back in time so here I am" I said to them.

I saw both Kathleen and Dominic's eyes went to Leon questioningly so I decided to do another introduction.

"Dominic Kathleen this is Leon...Leon this is my brother Dominic and his girlfriend Kathleen" I introduced.

"Nice to meet you" Kathleen smiled at him as they shook hands.

"You too Kathleen" Leon replied.

"So you're the one dating my sister" Dominic said seriously giving Leon a firm handshake.

"Dom..."

"We aren't- we aren't dating" Leon quickly replied. "Just good friends".

"Relax man" Dominic said giving him a manly part on the back. "As long as you don't screw things up as a 'friend' everything's cool".

"Yeah" Leon said letting out a nervous chuckle.

"Anyway Leon and I are gonna go mingle some more so you guys have fun" I said to them. "I'll see you all later".

Leon and I continued talking with a few more business persons eating and drinking alot of champagne. At least I was drinking a lot of champagne, alas Leon took a flute from me saying that he's think I've had enough. After a while Leon had to take a call, he returned saying that he had to leave.

"Wait what's wrong?" I asked alert.

"Mom just called Em's got a fever again" Leon said to me. "I think I need to go get her to the hospital".

"Do you want me to go with you?" I asked him.

"No I don't want you to just end your night here" Leon said to me.

"But if Emily's sick I'd wanna go see her" I said to him.

"Its okay, you can stay here and I'll go then come back here for you" Leon said to me.

"No, no you don't have to do that, I'll just get a ride home wit my folks or get a room here don't worry" I told him. "Go, make sure Em is okay. And call me"

"You sure?" Leon asked. "Will you be fine?"

"Yeah I'm sure" I nodded. "You go. Thanks again for everything".

"I'll see you then Lexi" Leon smile before rushing out.

"What happened to your date?" Dominic asked when he saw me.

"He had to to go" I said to him.

"Ah, he ditch you" Dominic teased.

"Dominic stop it" Kathleen said chuckling.

"He didn't ditch me, his daughter's sick so he had to leave" I said to him.

"What was up with him anyway he was a bag of nerves" Dominic said to me.

"Maybe because you scared him with your speech" I said to him.

"No, he was long before that" Dominic said. "Maybe you're the one who did something to make him nervous".

"What? That's ridiculous" I said to him. "You know what I gotta go to the ladies"

"You want me to go with you?" Kathleen asked.

"No its fine" I said to her. "I'll be fine".

I went to and used the ladies before washing my hands and splashing some water on my face. The minute I stepped outside the ladies room and intended to get back to the banquet hall I saw the last person I wanted to see right now.

Giovanni

"Hey" Gio said blocking my way and smiling like we were the biggest friends on the earth.

"Mr. Cavelli I suggest you move aside right now before I hurt you" I said seriously trying to side step him.

"You don't wanna do that" Gio chuckled before blocking me again. "I just wanna talk".

"I'd rather jump off the top of a 50th story building and hope to get my eyelids caught on 6inches nails on my way down than talk with you" I said to him. "Now get out of my way! What are you doing back here anyway, were you following me!?"

"I told you we need to talk. Sort out this whole tension between us" Gio said to me. "I've already tried saying sorry".

"You can take your sorry and shove it up your hairy..."

"Woah, we don't wanna finish that sentence" Gio laugh. "Cara just give me a chance, por favore".

"Giovanni Cavelli you can kiss my ass" I told him point blank before going to side step him.

"I'm not letting you go until you talk to me" Gio said grab me from behind.

"What the...!? Let me go you asshole!" I screamed at him struggling to get out of his grip.

"Lexi, please just stop fighting" Gio said holding me tight limiting my struggling to get away.

"You're a certified stupid conceited dirty piece of..."

The remainder of my sentence didn't get to come out as Gio pulled my head to the side and covering my lips with his. I continued struggling trying to pull my lips from his and out his grasp but my struggle was futile as Gio had used all his strength to hold me in place. After a while I found myself stop struggling and giving in. I started returning the kiss. Gio had relaxed his hold on me as I had stopped struggling. We pulled apart to get a much needed breath as I turned around in his arm and looking at him.

"Please" Gio whispered to me before leaning down slowly. "Please one more chance".

"I-I can't" I said still trying to me to terms with the mental battle I was having right now.

A part of me wanted to just run over Gio with a bus while another part of me just wanted to forget everything right now and just give in and kiss him senseless. Either I had lost my mind right now or the champagnes I had earlier were messing with my head and ability to think straight right now. I sighed as I tried to then away but Gio had already pull my lips back to his with one had behind my neck and the other one around my waist holding me in place. I ended up loosing the battle I was having with my heart as I throw my arms around his neck. Pretty soon we were in a full on hot make out session. Gio had managed to lift me up with my legs wrapped around his waist while leaning me up on the wall. He pulled away from my lips and started leaving kisses down my neck.

"No, no not here" I breathe out pulling from him.

"I had booked a room here" Gio said to me. "We could go up there"

"Gio no, I can't" I breathe still trying not to give in.

"Come on Lexi. One last chance" Gio said kissing my neck again.

"Okay" I nodded finally giving in to all my weaknesses.

I was probably going to regret everything after but right now I just couldn't think quite straight.

So finally Gio and Lexi have reunited. What do you guys think? Will everything be alright once again? Let me know what you guys think. Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

596K 10K 56
(I plan to start editing Vol. 1 very soon. If you see any obvious errors feel free to comment them. <3) **This is book one of Raw Love** She is warm...
90K 1.8K 37
When mafia princess Caterina is thrust into an arranged marriage with the enemy, Lex Valentino, she makes a dangerous plan to take his family down fr...
372K 9.1K 61
(My other books are better) 😭) Lelia Malik: a petite girl who was forced to go to Italy from her very very very strict Pathan parents. With her 'fri...
218K 4.9K 64
[COMPLETED] Book 2 in the Del Rosso series ____________________________________________ "It's you." ____________________________________________ Aud...