The Pup and The Boy (Dormant)

By stephanielovewolf

Stiles was only a baby when he was abandoned in the woods by his family(or so he thought) and Derek was a lon... More

A word from Author
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Not new chapter sorry
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17 taste
THIS IS SO BAD
:(
Im sorry
Chapter 17(nvm erased again)
Chapter 17(Finally!)
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21 (sneak peek)
Just quick
Chapter 21
I hate author notes but this is important
Okay i hate myself
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Quick a/n srry
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Pleasssseee
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 9

2.4K 97 21
By stephanielovewolf

Derek's POV
I hear a voice ...what's happening? Wait ...am I dreaming again?
The voice finally becomes clear.
"Derek?"
It's his dad's voice this time.
"Derbear are you there?"
His mom chimes in.
"M-mom? Dad? Is it really you again?"
"Of course honey! Remember I told you we found out how to communicate with you?" His mom spoke with him
"B-but how?"
"Oh sweetheart that's a long story for some other time but for now your father has some things he needs to explain to you."
"O-okay.."
"Son, we saw that you found that deer on the floor today while walking with Stiles in the woods...correct?"
"Yes..."
"Okay well did you see the spiral it had on its stomach?"
"Yeah."
"That's one of our family signs...it means that whatever killed that thing will not stop killing until its satisfied...it's almost like revenge but much more... you understand?"
"Sort of..."
"Well all I wanted to tell you was to be careful okay Derek. I care for you and your friend too much so I want you to use all of your werewolf senses when you're in the forest. We also found out that the pack that did that was your uncles pack...we're not sure why he's coming after you yet or if it's even you he's after but that's what we're trying to figure out. His name is Peter Hale so if you ever hear about a werewolf with that name be careful. Speaking of werewolves...me and your mom wanted to talk to you about yours.. So it seems that your wolf is growing at a very rapid speed. Even faster than you and this is a very rare case...it's like at a certain point in time your wolf grows maybe even a year in only a week but don't worry it's only temporary...it's like your wolf is hitting puberty...so by the time it thinks your at good spot it will continue to slow down until your human self is caught up with it and it will be back to normal again growing at the right rate. Due to the fact that your wolf is growing faster than you yourself...it will most likely experience emotions you don't understand yet but you have to learn to cope with them alright?"
" woah that's a lot of information! I- I think I know everything you're talking about but I don't know I'm just- everything is just a little hard for me at the moment..."
"It's fine son you're right...we are throwing way too many facts at you right now so we're sorry but we just needed to warn you about those things..."
"It's okay dad, but I want to know how you and mom are doing?"
"We're just fine..."
For some reason Derek felt like they weren't telling the truth.
"That's good. I love you guys...and miss you..so so much." He felt like crying.
"Oh Derbear we miss you too!" It was his mom now
"Yeah...we really do but this is the best we can do for now." His dad said afterwards
"It's just everything is so much harder without you guys and I miss all of your amazing cooking mom...and the skills of fighting you taught me dad"
"Honey,like I said, we will be visiting in your dreams very often and I know you can't see us right now but we're trying to find a way to do that...and when we do your dad can teach you some more survival skills but meanwhile in the voice dreams I'll give you my recipes and then you can make food for you and Stiles! Oh and y/n but for now we have to go because our time is running out! We love you and see tonight again! Bye!"
"Bye son, stay safe"
"Bye guys I LOVE YOU!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd person POV

Derek's eyes fluttered open and he looked to his right, expecting to see Stiles sleeping next to him but the bed was empty. He rubbed his eyes and decided to go down stairs but first go to the bathroom. Y/n and Stiles were sitting at the kitchen table eating cereal and talking about Stiles past.
"So Stiles...you mean to say that your parents abandoned you in the woods where Derek found you?"
Derek was coming down the stairs and had heard it all. He gave a nervous chuckle but tried making it sound like a laugh.
"Wow kids and their stories huh. " He tried to play it off. "Sounds like he's telling you his latest story he's thinking about writing."
Stiles looked at him confused and head tilted.
"Oh Stiles so you like reading and writing?!" Y/n said excitedly.
"Umm yeah" he broke his gaze from the glare Derek was giving him. "I was actually going to ask you if I could borrow one of your books yesterday!"
"Of course c'mon let me show you all of the ones I have! What's your favorite genre?" She asked pouring Derek a bowl of cereal.
"Fiction! Especially about werewolves or wolves!" He said as they went to the living room. Derek stayed behind to eat his cereal and think about his dad's and moms warnings.

Derek's POV
okay so I don't understand what my parents mean by my wolf growing fast...but maybe I can ask Stiles if he finds anything on it in books he borrows from y/n...IF she lets him borrow any. I also don't think it would be a good idea to stay here another night...y/n must already have enough on her plate with work or something and I don't want to make her feel like she has to take care of us...plus I need to have another talk with Stiles because I thought I had told him he couldn't tell y/n about how I actually found him...I'm sure the woods are safe for us to stay in anyways...

3rd POV
Derek looked angry as always just sitting at the table eating his food. Stiles and y/n silently giggled looking at him.
"Is he always mad?" She asked Stiles still giggling
"Hehe yeah he's always sort of been like that."
"Wow that's...I don't even know." She laughed
"It's okay I think it's just because he's always had to take care of me and all...so he's just super protective."
Hmm... Y/n thought ...so Derek is the one who takes care of them when their parents aren't okay or are gone I'm guessing...
Since Derek had super hearing he was able to hear everything they were saying and he felt kind of bad honestly. I mean he didn't feel like he was always angry but did he really look like that all the time? He wondered.
"I really like him though he's my favorite and I'm glad he's the one who takes care of me because I feel really safe with him. Everything I do like reading about..." Stiles stopped himself remembering when Derek told him that he didn't want anyone knowing he was a wolf "reading about animals and things like that, I do because he really loves nature and I just want to see him smile." He admitted. She looked at him with kind eyes and smiled.
"I'm sure he appreciates it all...here I have some books about wolves, mythology and other things to know about werewolves" she smiled " I have to get goin' to work though so do you guys want me to drop you off in the same spot as last time?" She announced.
Derek only nodded...trying to process what he had heard Stiles say.
"Okay well let's go!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Derek's POV (as they are in the car)
He looks out the window...there is an awkward silence but he isn't really thinking about it.
Wow...so Stiles does this all for me
His wolf got butterflies as he thought about the words he had heard earlier.
...umm I'm sorry I don't understand these feelings wolf...how old are you right now? I'm just curious...
His wolf replied to him in his mind link
I'm twelve...sorry for all of this...soon you will understand though but for now I'm not able to control my growth...
It's okay I guess... Derek replied to his wolf

3rd person POV
"Uhh..so we're here guys.."
"Oh yeah sorry" Derek apologized
He unbuckled him and Stiles
"Thank you again...for taking care of us...we owe you a lot!"
"Nonsense Derek! You know I'll be here for you guys if you need me and give me a call on your new iPhone if anything ever goes south okay? Also Stiles please don't loose my books because they are my everything" she winked as she began to drive off.
Stiles and Derek stood in silence for a while after she left
"So..." Stiles started
"Stiles I had told you not to tell her about your past or mine!"
"No...you told me not to tell her you were a wolf...which I didn't!" He retorted.
"...........touché" Derek tried smiling
"Hey I know what that means!" Said stiles getting excited because Derek was smiling for once and stiles didn't know Derek knew certain words he did.
"I've been paying attention to the dictionaries you read you nerd."
Derek almost laughed at the face Stiles gave him
"Heyyyy I'm not a nerd!"
"Yeah okay" he rolled his eyes
"How about we go home?"
"Sure! I feel like we haven't been there in ages!"
"Red, it's only been two days."
"Yeah but I kind of miss it you know...even though y/n's is very warm and comfy...I miss it here."
"Well guess what! We can stay here for the night!"
"Really?!"
"Yup I really don't want to have to be bothering y/n with taking care of us so I'm planning on us staying here a while."
"Sounds great!"
They said heading home...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later that night...

Y/n POV

hmm...Derek hasn't called me yet so I'm guessing the thing with his parents has been resolved...

3rd person POV
"Stiles you can read that big bag filled with books tomorrow...lets go to sleep now."
"But they're super interesting! She didn't just give me books about wolves! She gave me cool fiction stories that she thought were good and they really are!"
"Okay just finish that chapter but after that...straight to sleep okay?"
"Okay..." He finally agreed
Derek turned to wolf after Stiles was done with his books chapter so he could then cuddle with him.
Stiles slept in the middle as always but Derek's wolf began to make him uncomfortable.
"Derek..." Stiles whispered
"Hmm..." His wolf hummed
"Stop smelling me...why are you smelling me anyways?"
"Sorry you smell...very sweet..."
"Uh...ok.."
"Just go back to sleep"
They both shut their eyes and fell asleep with stiles thinking that he was acting weird but letting it slide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Three years of Stiles talking to Derek about wolves and y/n wondering where they were passed. Even Derek's parents had asked why Derek wasn't staying at y/n's but he told them cuz he felt better when it was just him and Stiles and they understood. Derek was now 11 and Stiles 6. They were two very smart boys. Derek's wolf was still growing rapidly but not as fast as it used to be. It was now about 15 years old and made Derek feel very uncomfortable because he thought way differently than Derek did and it was almost as if they were two different beings. His parents continued showing up in his dreams and trying to explain to him what was happening. They were finally able to appear in Derek's dreams so Derek was learning to fight on his own now and realized that there was a weird sign growing on his back. His parents also explained to him how that was a family tattoo that meant alpha, beta, omega. He still was confused as always but didn't care. His uncle hadn't bothered him yet so they still had no reason to call y/n. He had many voicemails from her but he chose to ignore them because he was sort of happy at the moment. Stiles was almost turning 7 and he wanted to just spend a day doing whatever Stiles wanted because on his last birthday Derek had taken Stiles to the arcade and he didn't want to do that again if Stiles didn't.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Happy birthday Little Red!" (I feel like this book is just based on their birthdays😂sorry but some people wanted them to grow faster...so you're going to have to deal with many of these birthdays and presents...hope y'all are okay with that😁😂❤️)
"Mornin' Der" he said happily sitting up.
"What you wanna do today stilinski?"
That was a new name Derek had given him because it was his last name ( or what his red hoodie had said was his last name) and he thought it sounded kind of cool.
"Well Derek...I've been thinking..."
"Oh that's never good"
"Shut up!" Stiles laughed, smacking Derek  in the back of the head.
"As I was saying!!......I've been thinking... And thought maybe now would be a good age for you to show me your werewolf form..."
"Stiles I've already shown you my wolf and human form."
"Yeah...but never both at the same time like in between..."
"Okay fine..." Derek said sort of worried "are you sure?"
"Yes!" Stiles said practically glowing
"....."
"....."
Derek sighed and facial hair began to sprout his chin and sides of face and he had his ears between his hair.
"......There .....happy?"
Stiles nodded his head, jumping up and down
"C-can I touch your ears?"
"Uhh..." He wasn't sure if he wanted him to do that but Stiles looked very happy so he let him. "Okay fine"
He breathed

"Wow! They're so soft!!!"
Derek was angry because he didn't like compliments but he still blushed since stiles was the one giving it to him.
"Okay so where do you want to go today?"
"Well I was just hoping we could take a stroll through the park?"
"Is that it?"
"For now..." Stiles giggled
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As they were walking through the park they saw a familiar face.
"Y/n? Y/n!!" Yelled Stiles running to her and a strange man at her side.
"Boys oh my god look how you've grown!!" She was on the verge of tears. She engulfed them in a large hug. " oh I missed you guys so much! I thought you guys had taken off with my books!" She laughed
"Oh no I still have them and they are great! I've read them all like three times!"
"Wow! Well what happened I haven't seen you guys in three years if not more?! And I left voicemails for you Derek...didn't you get them."
"Uh... Sorry my parents took away my phone and I just got it back a couple of days ago but it has no battery..."
"Oh that's okay...you still have the charger right?"
"Yup"
"Okay that's good...so what brings you guys to the park today?"
"It's Stiles birthday and he said he'd like to come walk around the park."
"Omg happy birthday stiles!! We should totally go out! I'll buy you guys some food and we can go anywhere!"
"That sound great y/n but me and Derek already had a day planned out." He said looking to Derek.
"...Uh... yeah totally..." Derek looked at Stiles a little confused but tried to hide it
"Oh well that's good then...you kiddos have fun!you can keep the books by the way!" She winked "happy birthday Stiles!"She said grabbing the mans hand who was next to her and leaving. She didn't really explain who he was but Derek thought he looked familiar.
He brushed it off and decided to continue walking with Stiles.
"That was super nice of her Der! Oh my god now I have a TON of info on werewolves,wolves, plus a lot of fiction books that I don't have to speed through!"
"That was nice of her wasn't it?"
"Yeah!"
They were on the swings when Derek decided to ask.
"Stiles why didn't you want to go with y/n? She was going to pay for our food...not that we need that because we have enough money...but it would've been nice."
Stiles took a while to just look at Derek.
"I don't know...I guess I just wanted to hang out with you."
"But we always hang out...I mean I'm totally fine with it because we stick together and that's a rule but I thought you would like to go out with them."
"Okay the truth is that the guy she was with kind of gave me a bad vibe. He looked oddly familiar..."
"I was thinking the same thing! But I can't tell from where?! Is that it though? You just didn't like the guy?"
"I guess...but I really do like spending time with just you!"
Derek smiled.
"You know what Derek?"
"Hmm?"
"Smiling suits you!"
Derek slightly blushed but turned his head away so Stiles didn't see him.
"Thanks Stilinski."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were roaming the streets and realized there was a new building there.
"Hey der?"
"Yeah?"
"That place looks new...well then again we don't really come around this part of town."
"I guess it kind of does...I don't really know what it's for though."
"It looks like a gym."
"A what?"
"It's like a place for exercise...I read it in my dictionary. Can we sneak in! Pleeeaaase. For my birthday! I hear they have showers which I'm pretty sure feel better than the cold water that we wash ourselves in, at the river."
"Fine."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They went to the front of the building and noticed it was still closed. They decided to sneak in through the back but before they entered Derek saw a glimpse of the man who was with y/n earlier. He decided that he was probably just working there.
They snuck in and tried finding signs that led toward the bathrooms/shower room. They instantly noticed that there were no cameras around and they thought that it was probably because no one can really steal anything from there. When they found the shower rooms they tried figuring out how to turn the knobs and not make too much noise. They finally figured it out and the showers had small curtains for privacy. They had always basically bathed in the river together so the curtains didn't really matter. Anyways stiles had never seen Derek naked in human form and Derek was going to keep it that way. He took off his clothes and turned to wolf while Stiles removed his sweater and shoes. In the middle of showering, Derek's wolf began to feel uncomfortable and embarrassed. Stiles was just looking at how nice his fur looked but Derek felt awkward. He felt heat rush up his cheeks and with his snout he suddenly grabbed the shower curtains and hid himself behind them.
"Uhh..." Stiles was confused " you okay Der?"
"...."
Derek's wolf could hear Derek yelling at him through his mind link. Asking why he had done that and being angry for him not answering Stiles. After 2 minutes of silence Stiles turned his water off and went to grab one of the folded towels in the big towel basket.
Derek's wolf scoot back and let Derek take over since his wolf was ashamed. Derek was now human and grabbed his clothes from under the curtain. After putting them on he came out to see Stiles already dressed.
"H-hey sorry about that."
"I don't know if I should ask but what happened?"
"I've never told you but...my wolf...it's like growing faster than me, experiencing things I don't understand...and I guess that was just one of them."
"Hmmm I think I read about that somewhere....it's like rare for that to hap-"
They heard the door creak open. They both gave each other worried looks and then jumped into the towel basket.
"Hey?! Anyone in here?!"
A voice echoed. The man waited a while before turning around and leaving. Stiles and Derek stuck their heads out of the basket and looked at each other.
"How about we get out of here and continue talking about this later."
Derek said
"Sounds great!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They were back at their sleeping spot and Stiles had continued their conversation when they arrived.
"So like I was saying, it basically doesn't happen to all wolves but it's temporary so you should be fine!"
"I guess but it's like we're two different beings."
"It'll work out."
Derek could hear his wolf begging him to let him apologize to Stiles. Derek finally gave in but first told Stiles what he was doing.
"Hey my wolf wants to come out and apologize...I don't know if you're okay with that..."
"Yeah that's totally fine" he smiled
"....okay.."
Derek quickly took his clothes off and changed.
"Hi...uh..Derek's wolf......sorry I don't know what to call you."
The wolf nodded. He went over and licked Stiles face. Stiles only laughed.
"I'm guessing that's your way of saying sorry?"
The wolf nodded again.
"It's okay I understand." He said while lifting his hand to pet the wolf "so it's totally coo-" He pet Derek's fur.
"Oh my god!! Your fur is EXTREMELY soft!" He said sticking his hands through it. "This is the softest it's ever been! I guess clean water works better than river water!"
If Derek's wolf could smile it would be grinning from ear to ear. Stiles hands felt really nice on his coat. Stiles got on top irritating Derek but not the wolf at all. Derek was able to begin changing into human but his wolf didn't allow him so all he could do is speak.
"Get off!"
"Derek?"
"Yes get off you're being weird"
"But your so soft sourwolf!!"
Derek rolled his eyes which looked funny on a wolf.

"Let's just read some of your books to find out some more about wolves"
"OOOH yay" stiles got excited and jumped off of him to get his books. Derek heard his wolf growl at him and Derek yelled at him to be quiet and let him turn human. The wolf growled again but obeyed Derek. Stiles and Derek sat watching the sunset as Stiles read to him all of the language books he had also taken from y/n so he was learning some languages. They finished off some interesting books and went to sleep like always.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's nice to finally write a bit👌Sorry I've been gone for like two weeks but I bet none of you missed me so...😂💁🏻anyways school is hitting me hard across the face right now so I probably won't be able to post until summer break which is in about 4 weeks on June 16, just as a heads up😁but thank you guys so much for reading and commenting, I really appreciate it so just keep on voting and ily all💕😘have a great night or day🙃🙂I hope you guys also enjoyed this extra long chapter as a sorry for not posting and an advance sorry😅❤️
I feel like I'm just saying sorry but I really mean it because I'm also sorry if there are any typos, it's just I wrote this in a hurry because like I said, I'm really busy so I will most likely go back and fix it later😘😘😁💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 44.9K 90
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
495K 30.9K 95
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
651K 32.6K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
413K 14.5K 90
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...