Abandoned Cars (On the Outsid...

By elmozcookie

**On the Outside REWRITTEN** "At the end of the day, I'm that old, beat up car on the side of the road... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter Three

16 1 0
By elmozcookie

I opened my eyes to see a finished wood, log ceiling.

     Sitting up in the bed quickly, I first noticed that I was in an over-sized, plain white undershirt that smelled strongly of honey and pine. As I stared at the room I was in, I was shocked.

     The walls were a palish- grey, with black paneling at the bottom about three feet from the floor. The bed was just a mattress on the floor, covered in navy blue blankets and sheets. All of the pillows were extremely soft and fluffy, and the entire bed was welcoming. 

     I liked this room, the headboard of the bed was made out of leather and had a string diagonally going across, with photo's of him with a girl with two dark buns on top of her head. She was smiling crazily, and Teodoro had the front of his hair pulled back away from his face, showing all the beauty that this man was, this man that was mine. 

     The other picture was black and white, of a woman with pale hair pulled back elegantly, holding a black man tightly, they were both smiling at each other, completely in love. I had only ever hoped for someone to look at me the way they stared at each other, but I knew now that my dream was just that, a dream. I couldn't have that with my mate, because of who he was. An Alpha was loyal to his pack no matter what, I had yet to meet one that I didn't despise.

      There was a nightstand on one side of the bed, with a blue lamp. It was a rustic looking nightstand, and the lamp was kind-of old looking, but it looked almost out of place inside this neutral colored, humble room.

      There was a plush, dark brown couch covered in white blankets to the left of the bed, near the door to the balcony, I assumed. Sheer, white curtains covered the glass doors, the sunlight streaming in.

      I groaned and looked above me, toward the ceiling, only to be surprised to see a piece of pretty, galaxy-printed fabric hanging from the ceiling. It was easy to get lost in the beautiful stars, how they all seemed to fit into the pattern so flawlessly.

      But I was looking at the pretty aspect of it, not how I could get out.

     Across from the bed was a fireplace, and on either side of the fireplace was a heavy, dark wooden door. One of them led to a bathroom, the one on the right side. I could tell from the shower running in the background, but the other door smelled different.

     I could hear commotion on the other side of the door, and I knew what it was with joy.

   It was the door out.

     Urging my body forward, I set my feet on the shag rug at the foot of the bed. It felt rough against my feet, yet nice at the same time.

     Slowly, I put more weight on my exhausted legs, telling myself to move forward so I could leave. This wasn't my fate, I was not meant to be another boring, pack wolf Luna. I wanted to be free.

     It was strange how I had done a complete 180 turn from how I felt just--what, yesterday? Not too long ago I had wanted to fit in and be loved, yet now, I wanted to be free. I wanted to control my own destiny. And being an Alpha's mate was not free.

     They were over-protective and possessive, they claim things and refuse to play nice with others. I refused to be another manipulated wolf.

    I suppose I had been hoping for a rogue mate, one that would agree to leave the woods that taunted me, and start over somewhere new.

     But the Mood Goddess had other plans, it seemed.

"Hey, where do you think your going? Your not fully healed yet," footsteps approached me, strong hands grabbing my upper arms and leading me back toward the bed.

     "I'm fine," I pushed his hands off of me, struggling to stand up again.

     "You know, we finally got your body back in good order, it'd be a shame if you ruined all that." Teodoro mumbled, irritation evident in his voice.

     "Well, Teodoro-" 

    "Call me Teddy, Teodoro is such a mouthful." He cut me off, raising an eyebrow at me.

     "Well then, Teddy, I don't know who you think you are, but you can't keep me trapped in that incredibly comfortable bed. I refuse," Crossing my arms for emphasis, I raised an eyebrow back, challenging him.

      "I can, and will, keep you in there until you've healed." Teddy tried to push me into the bed, attempting to pull the covers over me.

     "No!" I hissed, standing up and sprinting toward the bathroom, slamming shut the heavy wooden door and locking it.

     "What are you doing?" He yelled, banging against the door.

    "Taking a shower! Go away!" I replied, slamming a hand on the door, hoping he would understand that I needed a break, and that I smelled disgusting. I still had yet to take a shower.

         A pretty big bathroom, but I didn't expect any less from an Alpha. The floors were dark grey tiled, and the walls were painted a cool, pale grey. The sink was circular, and the counter top around it was littered with toothbrushes, toothpaste and everything else he needed in the morning. 

     There was a small room with a toilet in it, a curtain separating it from the rest of the bathroom. What really caught my attention, however, was the bathtub. It was black on the outside, but a clear, porcelain white on the inside. Around the thick rim of the bathtub sat potted cacti and some think, red and pink candles. The shower head above was wide and circular, and I assumed the water pressure was amazing, it looked as if your entire body would be soaked in water as you stood under the shower head.

    I looked up at the ceiling and saw a skylight, smiling at the sunlight that streamed in from above. This bathroom was wonderful, honestly. I walked over to the sink and checked to see if the mirror on the wall would open up. I was pleasantly surprised to find toothbrushes. Clean, fresh, new toothbrushes

      Closing my eyes, I remembered the last time I brushed my teeth. I had taken a toothbrush from someone's house, along with a travel-sized toothpaste. I had missed the minty flavor of toothpaste so much, I despised it when your teeth felt fuzzy.

At the back wall was a black sliding door, wide open showing a small room with a toilet in it. It had an open window in it, a pale, baby blue instead of the creamy white.

     I looked around the bathroom quickly, looking for a towel, seeing a small chest next to the sink near the door.

     Opening the chest, I saw clean, white towels neatly packed inside. They smelled and looked clean, so I took one and set it on the sink.

      Stripping out of the over-sized shirt and my worn undergarments, I turned on the water and stepped inside the shower, sealing the world off by closing the shower curtain.

     I let my body relax under the warm, soothing water. It made me realize what I was missing, living off of the woods. As soon as I could, I was out of here, and getting myself a job in the human world. Maybe even find a pack of my own, that'd be nice.

      Grabbing the body wash, I applied it on every inch of my body, scrubbing it into my skin, trying to get rid of the dirt that had been caked onto my body for weeks. 

      Taking the shampoo, I applied it onto each individual dread, making sure it got to the core before squeezing it out.

      By the time I stepped out of the shower, I felt so much better. I didn't feel like the idiotic rogue that I always felt like. I almost felt... decent.

     I realized my mistake about taking a shower as I stepped out, however, as I had no clothes to wear. The bra I had been wearing didn't look appealing anymore, and neither did the dirty panties. They were covered in mud, all of my clothes were. It was a fast way to get rid of your scent.

     "Eulalie," Teddy yelled through the door, banging roughly on the door, "there's clothes for you out here, alright? It's on the bed, I'll be outside, in the other room." 

      "Okay!" I yelled back, gratefulness washing through my body as I heard him leave the bedroom.

     Sliding open the door, I looked on the bed to see a pair of underwear, shorts, a bra and a plain white scoop-neck shirt.

      Slipping into the clean clothes, I breathed a sigh of relief. I softly padded over to the door out of the dark room, looking out to see a mini living room. A white shag rug on hardwood floors, a big TV, a grey couch with walls painted a light tan color. There was a wall full of windows, again filled with those freaking potted plants.

     It was simple, with a small bookshelf with pictures and books on it.

    The pictures peaked my interest, and I walked over to the light wood shelves. The first picture I saw was of Teddy with what looked to be his friend. A black man with blue eyes, and a Asian woman with pale skin and pink nails, her pale pink lips pulled into a dazzling smile.

      I looked at another, with the black man from the other picture dressed in a tuxedo and hugging a pale girl with white hair close, kissing her lips gently.

     It made my heart tug a little bit. I wondered if I would ever have that, but shook it off. I would not show weakness.

    The pictures seemed to be of his family and friends, but I did spot one that broke my heart.

     Teddy was holding a pale girl with green eyes and bright red hair. She was smiling and pushing him away, while he tried to kiss her cheek. It was cute, and if it were anyone except Teddy, it would've made me smile. But instead, a shock of jealousy ran through my body.

      As if anticipating that I was furious, Teddy walked in gently, his hair damp from the shower he had taken earlier, I assume. He was wearing a loose V-neck shirt, and a simple pair of black skinny jeans that were loose on his body.

    "Hey, whatcha looking at?" He asked, closing the door behind him.

     "Who is this?" I asked, glaring harshly at him as I pulled the picture off of the shelf.

     His face visibly paled as his eyes stretched wide open. He made a move to grab the picture from my hand, but I side-stepped him, my grip tightening on the frame.

     "Thats.. that's Cherry. My, um, ex-girlfriend." He mumbled, running a hand through his soft curls.

     Anger flared through me, then betrayal, sadness. The three took turns washing over my body, before settling down as I glared at him. I was hurt, that's all I really knew.

     "Couldn't wait for your mate?" I spat, my thumb breaking through the glass of the frame. Blood began to drip down my thumb, but I ignored it.

      "Wha-I was sixteen and stupid!" He started, shaking his head. "Your bleeding, let me help you."

    "Don't touch me, you unfaithful prick," I hissed.

      "C'mon, we've just met, don't act like this, please." The Alpha looked at me so sincerely, his beautiful, swampy green eyes begging for me to drop the glass and to let us have a real talk. The part that irked me the most, though, was that I couldn't stay mad at those eyes. They pulled me in, and I found myself never wanting to look away.

      Shaking myself out of it, I dropped the glass, and fell to my knees. "What is wrong with me?" I whispered. 

     I scared myself, I had no idea what I was doing. Why the hell should I care that he had a girlfriend? It's not like I planned on staying in this God-forbidden place. 

     Teddy walked over, crouching next to me as he took my hand and looked at the cut. 

     "You really did yourself in, yeah?" He chuckled, gently pressing his lips against the cut. 

     It was such a small action, something that he had probably grown up with. A protective mother. Although I had had a normal childhood, my parents were always busy.  Granmomma Mavis had been the one to raise me, more then either of my parents.

      I sucked in a breath, staring at him for a second as he smiled at me. 

    "All gone," he laughed. "I'll get someone to clean this up, yeah?" 

    Teddy had one dimple on his right cheek, and it only showed up when he laughed. There was something about it that made me smile, the way his grin was lopsided, and the way his eyes sparkled when he looked at me.

      He seemed to almost... love me? I couldn't fathom how, though. Why would he love the rogue that fell onto his territory? I was a mess, one-hundred-and-ten-percent. He either didn't seem to realize, or care.

     "You hungry? I can show you around, you'll love it here. We aren't as strict as people think we are, we're actually pretty fun." Teddy wiggled his eyebrows at me, and I couldn't help the small smile that appeared on my lips.

     "Yeah, fine, I guess." Wiping the smile off my lips, I nodded curtly. 

     Hurt took place on his face, his mouth twisting down before he smiled even brighter and nodded. "You know, I won't hurt you, we're mates, your my one and only." 

     "I was not aware we were dating." I said, shaking my head and walking toward the door, reaching to open it before Teddy opened it for me.

    "You may not like me now, but I am still a gentlemen, and I'd be more the happy if you just gave me a chance. Just one, that's all I need." Teddy opened the door wide, his smile gentle and delicate. It looked sincere, and that was something I liked about him. He wasn't a liar. He didn't want me to do anything for him that I didn't want to do.

     He just wanted a chance, I could give him that, right?

     He was made for us, and we were made for him. I've talked to his wolf, and he wants this more then I do. His pack needs a Luna, and we were raised to rule. My wolf reasoned with me, clawing at my brain for a chance to let him in.

     "One chance, just one. If you screw it up, I am out, and you have to let me go." I said, staring him straight in the eye.

     "Fine, but just know, that if you run, I'll chase you to the end of the universe, 'cause I will never," Teddy took a step closer to me, "ever, let you be alone. I'd abandon my pack for you, know how much I care." 

     You hear that? An Alpha, ready to leave his pack for you, for us, this is real, Eulalie, let him in.

     As if seeing my questioning look, Teddy took a step closer to me, a smirk gracing his flawless face.

     "Let me show you, just how much I care." He whispered, his mossy green eyes watching my lips, before he leaned in just a little bit more.

     I must've let myself slip, because all the sudden, I had crashed my lips against his.

    In my first kiss, ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 958 25
Finally, after escaping the abusive grasp of her father, siblings Nova, Nigel and newborn Neil are on the run. Leaving behind Saint Paul, Minnesota a...
522K 15.6K 26
Audrina has just found her mate, but there's a problem, he doesn't want her. She isn't his type and doesn't want to have a mate that looks like her...
85.1K 2.8K 51
"I'll ruin you till there's nothing left to give." Every member of the lupine Realm lost his sanity after few centuries of living without a mate. Kin...
3.8M 167K 53
They call them enforcers-They are the ones that come in and clean up when laws have been broken. They are the most feared and strongest of us. They w...