Hiraeth //S.S.// โžธ Book 2

By briboo4142

Hiraeth: (n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was. I miss the old Beacon Hills... More

17 Again
Freshmen Star
New Beta
Kayla
Professional Assassins
No More Death
36 Million
Scott's Horrible Plan
Meredith?
Is It Really Over?
Back To Mexico
Goodbye Derek
A Familiar Face
Untrustworthy
A New Kanima
Masked Men
A Secret Death
Bad Memories
The Hard Truth
Just Trust Him
Aubrey Q&A Answers
Heartache
Beyond The Veil
I Won't Give Up
Reunited
The Beast Of Gevaundan
Saviors and Betrayal
The Plan
Failure Is Not An Option
The Beast Is Reveled
A New Found Trust
She Saved My Life
Memory Fade
A/N
New Faces
Thunder and Lightning
I Promise
Ghost Town
Redemption
M.Stilinski
Flashbacks
Reunited
Starstruck
A Perfect World
No Escape
Silver Lining
Into The Woods
Peace and War
A Day Full Of Lies
Zoo Shenanigans
Familiar Faces
Two Halves Equal A Whole
Blindness
Sacrifice
It's Been A Glorious Ride
Epilogue
Movie!??
WIP

Miguel is Back

2.5K 48 5
By briboo4142

"Dude Derek was hot when he was younger." Stiles glared at me as I snickered. Braeden and Scott carried Derek into the clinic, us following behind them. I still couldn't believe that was Derek. What the hell happened?

He was so cute and innocent and then bam. No emotion Derek.

They laid him down on the table as Deaton paced over. His eyes went wide as he stared at Derek in awe. "Wow."

Stiles sighed. "Wow? Wow as in "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," Kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for." I chuckled as Deaton shook his head. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

Stiles sighed as Lydia took ahold of Derek's hand. "He's cold. Really cold." Deaton grabbed his hand, nodding as Scott sighed. "Do you think this is permanent?"

Deaton shook his head, glancing down at Derek. "I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. This is well beyond my experience."

Stiles threw his arms out, groaning. "So what do we do with him?"

"Until he wakes up. Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here." Stiles nodded. "You mean from Kate?"

Deaton's eyes widened as he paced around the room. "If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

Lydia shook her head, staring at Derek. "Why would she want to do this to him?" Deaton shrugged. "Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

Stiles scoffed. "And bad for everyone else." Deaton sighed. "You guys should probably go home. He doesn't look to be in any danger. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep? It is a school night, And you all need to start taking care of your own lives again."

We all glanced at eachother before Scott spoke up. "Someone should stay with you." Lydia raised her arm. "I'll stay. My grades are fine, Despite missing a few classes."

Stiles shook his head. "I'm so not okay with this." Lydia glanced at all of us, slightly narrowing her eyes. "Guys, go." I sighed, nodding and following Scott out the door, who was dragging Stiles. "Alright just 'cause you're stronger doesn't mean you can drag me places."

Scott smirked, handing me a helmet as we got onto the bike. "I just did." Stiles glared at Scott as he got into his jeep.

"Alright, let's go home." Scott fired up the engine, driving us down the road.

"Be silent, Dad might be on the couch." Scott whispered as he gently opened the door. We stepped inside, shutting the door behind us. As thought, Dad was asleep on the sofa. "Now, stay qu-" Scott was cut off by a loud clanging noise. He glanced down at his feet, eyeing the box of tools. "You're an idiot." I muttered as Dad flew up.

"Scott, Aubrey?" I flashed him a fake smile as Scott and I picked up the tools. "Hey Dad, what's with the tools?"

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck "Oh, I was just, uh, getting started on a list of repairs you guys need done. What time is it?"

I glanced at the clock, which read 3am. "It's um, midnight." I said as I turned the clock around. Dad crossed his arms, glancing between us. "We were supposed to have dinner. We had a deal. When your mom has a night shift, we have dinner."

"Uh sorry dad, we totally forgot. When we got back from the camping trip, I had to go straight to the animal clinic to finish work, and uh Aubrey had to drive me home later." He nodded. "Alright, well. Tomorrow night. Dinner."

We nodded, walking past him. "Great."

"Did you get anything to eat?" Scott and I glanced at eachother. "Yeah, Mexican."

"It might surprise you to know that some of history's greatest leaders have had to endure some pretty great failures." Mr. Yukimura spoke as I groaned, putting my head down. I didn't get much sleep last night, who could? We you saw your previous alpha in his 17 year old form. Pretty life changing thing.

"One you'll recognize from last night's reading failed in business, had a nervous breakdown, was defeated for both houses of Congress, and lost as Vice President, before he was finally elected as one of the greatest presidents that this country has ever seen." He turned away from the board. "Who was he? Malia?"

Malia opened her mouth as a cellphone ringer went off. "Scott, phones off. Malia? One of our greatest presidents. Gettysburg Address?" She opened her mouth again as the same ringer went off. Mr. Yukimura glared at the class. "Phones off Everyone. Malia?"

Malia stayed silent as Mr. Yukimura sighed. "Does anyone else know?" This time a new phone beeped as Mr. Yukimura groaned. "I said phones off!" Kira raised her hand. "Dad, that was yous."

"Oh." Mr. Yukimura grabbed his phone, furrowing his eyebrows. "Scott, call Lydia." My eyes shot to Scott who sat there silently in shock. "Ok, Aubrey, Stiles, Scott. Go take the call. The rest of you, pay attention." I quickly grabbed my things, following Stiles and Scott out of the classroom.

"What does Lydia want?" Scott shook his head, keeping his eyes on his phone. 'It's about Derek."

We rushed to the clinic, seeing Deaton putting gauze around his forearm. "What happened?" Scott asked as we crowded around the table. Deaton shook his head. "I don't think Derek is younger in body. I think he's younger in his mind too."

Lydia nodded. "He didn't recognize either of us." She sighed. "And he looked like he was scared out of his mind." Stiles nodded, crossing his arms. "So if you're a teenage werewolf and you're scared, where do you go?"

Scott shrugged. "A wolf goes back to its den. But Derek in a loft. My eyes widened. "Not when he was a teenager." Everyone else caught on. "The Hale House." Deaton nodded. "He wouldn't remember the fire. It wouldn't have happened yet."

Scott and I glanced at eachother, walking towards the door. "Hold on." We stopped as Lydia stood there with her arms crossed. Say you do manage to catch up to him? What are you going to say to him? That his whole family is dead."

I sighed, Lydia did have a point. Scott shrugged beside me. "I guess i'm going to have to." Lydia laughed dryly. "Oh, Good luck with that."

Stiles stepped forward. "She's probably right. Maybe you shouldn't. You know, at least until we figure out how to get him back to normal." Scott sighed, shaking his head. "I can't lie to him." I nodded. "Me either."

"Okay, i'll do it." Scott shook his head. "I don't think any of us can. Remember, he can hear heartbeat rising. When we find him, we tell him the truth." Deaton crossed his arms. "If he gets to the house first, you won't have to."

Right as we walked out the door, Stiles' phone went off. "Hello?"

"Stiles, you three need to get down to the station right now." His dad's voice boomed through the speaker.

"Dad, how did you-" "Just get down here." Stiles sighed, bringing the phone down from his ear. "Well, I guess we know where Derek is."

We all got into the jeep as Stiles drove us towards the station.

As we walked into the station, Stiles' dad was bent down in front of Derek. Once he caught sight of us, he stood up, beckoning us into his office. He shut the door behind us, walking in front of us, his arms crossed. "I want you to be honest with me. Absolutely and completely honest." We all nodded as he sighed. "Have you been time traveling?"

Stiles shook his head. "Hang on, what?"

"Because if time traveling is real, you know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're going to drive me to Eichen House." Scott shook his head. "We found him like that."

Sheriff stared at us wide-eyed. "Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?"

Stiles sighed, shaking his head. "No. We found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake." Sheriff's eyes widened more as he stared at Stiles. "You told me you were camping!"

Stiles scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, we were. In Mexico." Sheriff shook his head, grabbing on the desk. I stepped forward. "Derek's been aged backwards. He can't remember anything. We just need to talk to him."

Sheriff shook his head. "Yeah, well, so far he's not talking to anybody." Scott sighed. "He'll talk to me." He flashed us his eyes before walking out of the office. "Derek, you have to come with me. I'm trying to help you." Scott said as Stiles and I walked out the office.

"Why would I go anywhere with you?" Scot knelt down in front of him. "There was an accident. You lose some memory, but we can help you get it back." Derek nodded. "How much memory?"

Scott sighed. "A lot. But you can trust us." He glanced over at him as I knelt down beside him. We flashed him our eyes as he stared between us. "You're an alpha. And what are you?" I shook my head. "That doesn't matter right now. All you need to know is that we're going to help you."

Derek shook his head. "Who are you. Who is he?" He directed towards Stiles who stood above me. "Oh, we're just the guys keeping you out of jail." Scott leaned forward. "Let us help you."

Derek shook his head. "No." Stiles groaned. "Okay, dude, you almost tore apart two cops back there. You need to listen to us. And that started with no fangs, no claws, no wold man. You got that?" Derek nodded. "I'm fine as long as it's not on the full moon."

Scott's breath hitched. "You still have trouble with the full moon?" Derek shook his head. "I said i'm fine."

Stiles nodded. "Alright, you coming with us or not?" Derek crossed his arms. "You want me to trust you? Where's my family."

I sighed, putting a hand beside him. "There was a fire. And they're not here anymore." I shut my mouth , looking up at him. His eyes were glossy as his lip quivered. I sighed. "They're fine. Just has to move out of Beacon Hills. And we're going to take you to them as soon as we figure out how to get your memories back." Derek sighed as I stood up. "Okay."

I shook my head, walking out of the building. "I shouldn't have done that. I lied my ass off." Stiles put as arm around my shoulder. "Hey, your ass is fine. You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain. We'll figure this out in a day or two, he goes back to being old Derek, everyone's happy. Except for Derek, who's never happy."

I laughed dryly. "I guess you're right. But I feel like it's just another person we're lying to. I always feel like it's always been better when we tell the truth. With Lydia, my mom, your dad." Stiles sighed. "Yeah, but that is Derek Hale in there. He may be a kid right now, but he's still Derek Hale." I nodded as Scott came up to us. "Alright. Take him to the house and don't let him out of your sight."

Scott walked past us as I grabbed his arm. "And where are you going?" He sighed, breaking out of my grip. "I'm going to go talk to the guy we should have gone to before." Stiles groaned. "Uh Yeah, I hate that guy!"

I chuckled as Derek came out next to us. "Alright, let's go." We all go into the jeep, as Stiles started up the engine. "This jeep is very blue." Derek stated as Stiles back up out the parking lot.

"Yes, I am aware of that. Thank you." I chuckled as we drove down the road. Good old sarcastic Stiles.

"We're going to wait here for Scott." Stiles told Derek as we walked into my house. "We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call of talk to anyone." Stiles gave Derek the "Dad Talk" as we entered the living room. "Do I talk to you?"

Stiles shook his head. "No." Derek nodded. "Fine. Good. Who's going to talk to him?" Derek nodded behind Stiles and I. I turned around to see my dad standing there, Chinese food in his hand. "Ah. Are you getting taller?" Stiles asked as my dad furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you guys doing here?" He asked Stiles and Derek before turning to me. "And where's your brother?"

"We're waiting for Scott." Derek spoke as Stiles glared at him. Dad nodded. "Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. I brought extra. You guys hungry." I nodded as Stiles stepped in front of us. "No. We're not hungry."

"I'm starv-" Stiles put a hand in front of my mouth. "Neither of us are hungry. Thanks, though."

"Okay, well if you're not hungry Stiles. My daughter and your friend can still eat with us." He turned towards Derek. "What's your name."

"De-" Stiles cut him off as we sat at the table. "Miguel." Stiles patted his back. "My cousin Miguel. From Mexico. So"

Dad cut him off. "¿está realmente de México y es que el primo de Stiles ?" Stiles eyes widened as Derek nodded. "Si, soy de Mexico y su primo." Dad nodded. "Fantastic."

He opened the bag. "Egg roll?" Derek smiled, nodding. "Hell yeah." Stiles laughed, putting at arm around my shoulder. "What did he ask?" I shrugged. "If you were really his cousin and if he was from Mexico."

"And he said?" I rolled my eyes. "What do you think he said." Stiles narrowed his eyes, laughing. "Fantastic. Egg roll." He muttered as we walked to the bag.

"So, uh, Miguel. What did you say your last name was again?" Dad asked as he took a bite of his rice. "Oh, it's Juarez. Cinqua. Tiago." Stiles muttered as Dad nodded. "That's a mouthful. How do you spell that?"

"Phonetically." Dad nodded as Derek spoke up. "Mr. McCall, you're an FBI agent?" Dad nodded as Stiles rolled his eyes. "He's low level. Very low level. He doesn't even have a voice"

Dad glared at him as Derek nodded. "So do you investigate murders?" He nodded. "Sometimes. When it's a federal crime."

"What about fires?" My eyes widened as I turned to Stiles who had the same expression. "Oh my God, I wonder where Scott is. Shouldn't Scott be here by now? We should call Scott." I nodded as Dad ignored us. "What kind of fires are you talking about." This wasn't going to end well.

"Derek." I whispered yelled as he ran upstairs. Short story, dad told everything to Derek who flipped out. "Great, now what?" I muttered, stopping in front of Scott's room. "Derek come on." Stiles pounded on the door. "Okay, we didn't lie. We omitted certain truths. Vital truths now that I think about it." Derek opened the door, walking back to Scott's bed.

"I don't want to talk to either of you. I want to talk to the Alpha. I'll talk to Scott." Stiles nodded. "Okay. I"m going to get him. My phones's downstairs. Going to call him real quick. You stay here, just don't move." Stiles grabbed my arm. "Make sure he doesn't move." I nodded as he ran downstairs.

"I'm sorry we didn't tell you Derek." I muttered as I slide down the inside of the door frame. He didn't respond. I groaned, placing my head in my hands. Things were just getting worse. "Kate." I heard Derek mumbled as my head shot up. Kate stood in front of Derek, smirking. "Hey handsome. Been a long time."

I shot to my feet. "Kate?" She glanced at be, smirking. "Aubrey, it's been quiet a while as well hasn't it." I nodded as she came closer. My eyes narrowed. "Leave him alone." She tilted her head. "I don't think I can do that." Suddenly, a figure came out of no where, stabbing me in the side.

I winced, grabbing onto my hip as Kate grabbed Derek. "Come with me hun, you'll be safe." I held a hand out as Derek went out the window. "No."

"He think's that Kate is coming to get him-" Stiles appeared in the doorway as Kate smirked at him, jumping out. "Stiles." I muttered as he knelt down next to me. "Aubrey, what happened?" I shook my head, sitting up. "Something attacked me, and it wasn't Kate."

Stiles phone blared as we got out of the house. "Yeah."

"Stiles, you two need to get to the school now. We found Kate and Derek." Stiles nodded. "On our way." We got into the car as Stiles threw his phone down. He backed out the driveway, turning in the direction of the school.

We got to the school, instantly seeing what was going on. "Stiles, those are the things that attacked me." I muttered staring at them. Stiles nodded, holding a bat in his hand. I rolled my eyes. "You seriously need to find something better than a baseball bat."

As I watched the creatures, I noticed figures crouching below them. It was Malia, Kira, and Scott. "Stay here." I yelled to Stiles as I ran over to the animal creatures. I jumped on the back of one as it tried to throw me off. "Leave them alone." I growled, pushing it down to the ground. It looked up, grabbing my by the legs.

Before I could react, I was thrown across the hall, landing in front of Scott. "Damn those things are strong." I backed up as they came closer. Out of nowhere, Derek jumped on the back of one, flipping it over. His face contoured back to normal for a split second before going back to young.

He continued fighting them, throwing them all around. Suddenly, a howl emerged into the air, the animal things glanced at eachother before running off. Derek stood up, panting. Something was different. "Derek?" I asked as we stood up.

He turned around, reveling the Derek we all knew. He was back. "Come on, somethings wrong with Peter." Stiles came up to us, leading us down into some sort of vault. Peter layed there on the ground, panting.

"It was never. Never about the Triskelion. They took it, they took it while I was blinded." Stiles crossed his arms. "Took what?"

"Bonds. Bearer bonds and they took them all." My eyes widened. "Bearer bonds? Hold on. Are you saying you got robbed?" Peter nodded as I scoffed. "This was a heist. Somebody planned this."

"How much did they take?" Peter sighed, standing up. "117."

"Thousand?" Peter shook his head.

"Million."

Hey guys, I'm so so so sorry this update came out some late. Recently i've had some problems with an old friend and right now i'm currently sick and it sucks :(. But I hope you enjoyed this update. Don't forget to heart, comment, and follow <3

​​​​​​​WordCount: 3232

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 273 6
๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฅ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐ ๐๐จ๐ฆ โ”€โ”€ โ€ขโœงโ€ข โ”€โ”€ As the youngest child of Uhtred, born from a single night of passion and her mother passing from child birth...
27.4K 782 13
Sonnet Javert was as poetic as her name suggested, and her violet eyes watched the world with the most curious and innocent gaze. But inside her deli...
1.3M 51.7K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.1M 19.1K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...