A Certain Twist Of Fate [On H...

By Saratoga07

What will happen if a shut-in goes out after being alone in a dark room for 9 years? Find out as our protagon... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Welcome to the Outside World!
Chapter 2: Uhhhh.. a date, probably.
Chapter 3: One on One
Behind The Lines 1: Naito A. Dizitono

Chapter 4: Past is Past

20 0 0
By Saratoga07

Part 1---------------------------------------------------------

"Uhmm.. where?" A certain white haired boy woke up inside a hospital-looking room. Probably the difference was, he wasn't just inside and lying down on a hospital bed, he was strapped in a hospital bed.

The white haired boy tried to get out of the straps but he was just a kid and his raw strength wasn't enough to budge off the leather straps. He just frowned.

"......." He remained silent for a couple of minutes until the noise was finally broken when a guy wearing a lab coat around his 40's went inside the room.

"Oh good morning Subject 1. Have you slept well? By the way, I'm your doctor, my name's Erich." The guy who claimed to be his doctor was holding a clipboard and he went on to check some monitor, he seemed to write down a couple of things after he looked at the bright monitors.

"Where am I?" The white haired boy softly asked his doctor.

"I'm afraid I cannot answer that question." The doctor gave him a light smile but he knew there was something evil behind that smile.

But he was still young, so he just shrugged it off.

"Doctor, I'm sure I was just at the mall earlier. Did something happen?"

"There was a big explosion that occurred suddenly, when we got there. Everything was destroyed and you lost your consciousness."

The boy tried to remember anything that had happened but he failed doing so, except. He remembered he had his parents with him.

"M-My... mom and dad, where are they!?" The boy tried to get up but the leather straps held him down. The doctor in return just gestured at the two nurses behind him and they left the room.

"I'm afraid we did not see anyone with you, young boy." The doctor's words seem to try to comfort him or try not to hurt his feelings, but. They were monochromatic.

The white haired boy didn't seem to flinch, he was still trying to look for answers.

The door opened and came in the two nurses that left, one was pushing a cart that had some medical stuff there, the boy suddenly came into a stop after seeing his primary weakness. An injection.

He wasn't able to move because he was afraid just at the sight of the needles that will be used to puncture his skin, apparently, he was bitten by a dog when he was younger and due to the bite, he had to be injected several times in a week. The trauma never left him.

One of the nurses came in holding the injection that had some weird pink glowing substance. He then tapped the syringe twice and readied to inject it at the white haired boy.

Before the needle made contact with his pale skin, he saw a tattoo on his doctor's neck, though, it wasn't some fancy dragon or card-design tattoo, it was a number. His eyes widened as he saw the number, '666'. It was the number that represents the devil and also the number that represents the most evil developer institute in the world. It wasn't known by any name only by the number, 666.

"L-Lucifer! Erich Lucifer! You bastard! You're the researcher that hunted for my ability! Where the fuck did you bring my parents to!?" The white haired boy shouted ferociously as he tried to get out of the leather strap's grasp.

"Oh so you remember me Subject 1. As for your parents, let me try to put it in words that you can understand." Lucifer put up his hand while pointing his index finger upwards.

He slowly put his hands down and pointed his index finger at the white haired boy.

"You killed them."

Part 2---------------------------------------------------------

Naito suddenly woke up because of a bad dream, he was soaked in his own sweat and his heart was beating fast. He looked around and tried to remember what happened before he slept, he looked at the person at his left and recognized it was Rikka, she still has her blood-tainted clothes on her.

"Oh yeah right.. the delivery. Seriously, it's taking them a lot longer than expected." Naito sighed at disbelief of how the supposedly nearest store that could deliver the clothes in a matter of minutes is taking forever to arrive. Apparently, both of them had been waiting for a couple of hours when Rikka got tired, she went to the bed and then took a nap and he followed considering it was boring to just stay awake.

The white haired boy looked around at his small room, or house, there was no kitchen since he just usually makes salads or order food at some fastfood restaurants, there was a split-type air conditioning system he had and it was set on 20 degrees celcius, due to the small size of his house, it was already enveloped in a freezing temperature. Yet he was still soaked in his own sweat.

He shivered a bit and decided to stand up and turn the aircon off since it was cold already, before his hands reached the remote a thought crossed his mind.

"That dream.. Erich Lucifer? Subject 1? My parents? What the hell were those? Is that some kind of shit happened to my mind because of a sudden change caused by Rikka or was it my past?" He had completely forgotten about the coldness in his room and tried to think harder and deeper about his dream. But he failed to no avail.

"Damnit.. I don't remember anything about it. Come to think of it, the only memories I had was when I became a shut-in.. is it because of I'm a shut-in, amnesia, or perhaps... some kind of.. uhmmm..." His eyebrows twitched as he can't find a word to describe what he is feeling.

He then turned his look at the seemingly innocent girl who was peacefully sleeping at his bed. He tried to smile at the peaceful scenery but he just can't after what he did that the girl saw. He just frowned.

Suddenly. His door bell rung and he went to his front door thinking it was the delivery man for the girl's clothes, he was thinking of bargaining in making the clothes free since it took them more than 3 hours for the delivery when the store was just fifteen minutes away by car. But he thought it was pathetic to pick on the guy who was just delivering it to them.

He reached his hands to the door knob and opened it, right after the door opened, someone from the other side forcibly kicked the door tossing the white haired boy a couple of feets away. The boy groaned as he held his stomach that was hit, however, he thought he had no time for such petty injuries and gazed thoroughly at the front door entrance. He then saw Rikka at his peripheral vision that she was still sleeping soundly.

"Stupid girl! Don't she know that someone just broke in?"

He stood up and saw a tall black silhouette at his front door, the figure looks like it was holding a big metal bat since it was a bit lustrous due to the sunlight.

"As the doctor said so! The gas will surely affect the human and will not do any damage to the target! Ha ha ha ha ha!" The tall figure laughed and as he took a step in.

Naito was still not speaking as he is still assessing the situation and was dumbfounded at the guy who stepped on his carpet relentlessly.

"....."

He can now completely see the tall figure. The tall man has a heavy body build and was wearing something that looked like an exoskeleton, he examined it thoroughly and recognized it was Mercian's top of the class SpecOps exoskeleton, it provided superhuman capabilites and added 90% to the user's stamina, it also generates a top tier nanoshield around at one-hundred thousand hitpoints. Bullets and kinetic force based shells will not penetrate the shield and will give lasers and plasmas a hard time depleting its nanomaterial supply. The tall man was also equipped with an electrified plasma bat, but other than that, the guy looked human. But.

"Don't you remember me Subject 1!?" The tall man shouted at him and surprisingly, Rikka was still asleep.

"Subject 1.. what do you know about it!?!" Naito raised his voice after hearing Subject 1 as it was probably connected to his past.

"So it is true that you don't remember it, well whatever that just makes this easy!" As the tall man finished his speech, he snapped his fingers and suddenly the whole place was distorted and was slowly turning into something like, the outer space without stars and planets, only a gray, rough ground to step on.

"..!" Naito wasn't able to react quickly and he fell on the ground, he writhed in pain as he held his left arm.

"It is sad you will never be with us again, Subject 1, but remember this name, this name that will be the last name you will ever hear of! I am Subject 11!" The tall man shouted as he stomped on the ground and shot like a bullet towards the defenseless Naito that was writhing on the ground, he swung his bat and aimed for the head then...

Part 3---------------------------------------------------------

A loud cracking noise with a sound of shattering glasses can be heard, the surroundings was destroyed like a glass breaking and the scenery was back to the white haired boy's room, however, of course the sound did not come from the white haired boy's head breaking, it came from the tall man who called himself Subject 11's right arm that was holding the electrified bat, broken.

"Gaaaahhh!!" The tall man groaned and shouted loud in pain.

"H-How was it possible? How can you counter my dimension warping ability?" He questioned the white haired boy who was standing before him in disbelief.

"Do you really think that kind of pathetic attack will work on me? Now, you will answer my questions or prepare for more broken bones."

"Heh... do you really think.." The tall man stood slowly using his steel bat as a crane, "That I came here, unprepared?"

Naito didn't seem to care to what he said, but he immediately paused and thought about it.

"Don't tell me.. that gas..." Naito had his mouth wide opened as he deciphered the situation.

"That's right.. it wasn't a normal gas, it had poison in it. It is a silent killer, the person who inhaled it will fall asleep normally and will have normal body conditions except, it slowly paralyzes muscle tissues inside the body, and guess what? The heart is also made out of muscles! But it is quite unfortunate since it was meant for you but oh well, with that ability of yours you just can't die won't you? But it is even more unfortunate for that girl over there." The tall man laughed mocking the white haired boy.

"Why you...!!" Naito's gray right eye glowed and as he prepared to charge into his enemy, then guy spoke.

"However. Even with that ability of yours, you still programmed it using Science. So using a strong firewall to protect the virus is more than enough to block that tampered brain of yours. Simply put, go meet the doctor and you can get the antidote from him to save that girl."

"The.. doctor?" Naito's gray right eye stopped from glowing and he also lowered his fist.

"Erich Lucifer." The tall man gave him a sinister look as he said the name.

"Erich Lucifer.. the... the guy from my dream!" He shouted and glared at the tall man, "Tell me, tell me where is he!"

He wasn't in particular, actually wanting to see the doctor to save the girl, he was more on wanting to know about the doctor he saw at his dream that accused him of killing his own parents when he was just 10 years old at the time of his dream.

"Whoa, whoa! Hold your horses, God of Science! Just because you're the only person that succeeded in Scientific Brain Hacking, doesn't mean we should fear you and give on you. We also have our own conditions. If you really want to save that girl as you only have at least an hour left, we should be assured that you wouldn't wreck havoc at our place and kill us." The tall man was looking serious but still has the sinister aura in him.

"Okay, fine. I will just meet the doctor and get the antidote and I will not kill anyone."

"Oh, how can we be so sure? It is true even if we put our entire force against you they wouldn't even leave you a scratch but we still are prepared." The tall man slid his hands onto his pocket and reached for a syringe that had some weird pink glowing substance that was also in his dream.

"Inject this to yourself, this will seal your abilities for an hour. And I am sure your talk with the doctor wouldn't last that long, right?

Naito gulped at the sight of another thing that seemed connected to his past, he reached out for the syringe but he wasn't so sure in injecting it to conceal his abilites.

Part 4---------------------------------------------------------

A strange dream about his uknown childhood, a doctor that accused him of killing his own parents, a strange guy calling himself as Subject 11, and a poison that was to take the life of the innocent girl sleeping on his bed in an hour. Even with all these strange things happened, Naito managed to retain his composure and calmly analyzed what he had to do.

He held the syringe that contained a weird glowing pink substance and examined it thoroughly, he examined it to see if there was anything else that could harm him but he couldn't see any strange things or any nanobots that could enter his body to destroy it from the inside, it was taking him too long to decide, he knew time was running out for Rikka, and so, without any more hesitations. He slowly injected the strange syringe in his left arm.

First he felt nothing, but a few seconds later, he could feel that his left arm, and then his whole body slowly feels like it was burning from the inside, he kneeled on the ground because of the burning pain, then his head felt immense pain as if it was being stabbed by thousands of needles. The white haired boy was now lying on the ground, but the pain was now gone. He wasn't able to move, he can't talk, he can't think properly, his senses was now gone, but most importantly, he can't use his ability.

He tried his best to look at the girl on his bed, she was still sleeping. He then looked at the tall man but, he wasn't alone anymore. There was a couple more men that was wearing tactical vests and looked like SpecOps working for a private company, he can also see a couple armoured vans through his open front door.

The men wearing tactical vests moved forward and picked him up alongside the girl, he took one last glance at the tall man. He saw him smirking, but it was not a normal smirk of victory, it was something more. Sinister.

"How pathetic of you Subject 1, you really think that was an ability pacifier? You got it all wrong Subject 1.. you got it all wrong." Subject 11 had his smirk gone but was replaced with an evil and malicious wide grin.

Naito's vision slowly blurred and dimmed until it was darkness that remained. He was slowly losing his consciousness but he can still hear faint footsteps coming towards him.

The footsteps came into a stop and he felt a large hand grabbed his left arm. He then lost his consciousness.

A few moments later, he woke up and then he saw.

What he saw was.....

End---------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 30.5K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
521K 28.3K 19
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
546K 43.5K 34
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
1M 90.1K 140
This is the continuation of short story collection 'Love me thoda aur '.