Behind The Selfies (CharDawn...

By dearpenguinsx

chardawn one shots collection. haluder penguins! More

Make You Feel Special
You're Still Mine
Sweet Tent Treats
The Story of Us (CDP)
Sweet Little Angel
Golden
Still
Still (2)
Home Again
Author's Note
A/N
All For You
Let Me
A Little Sacrifice
Give It A Try (2)
Give It A Try (3)
Instalove
A No Pro Bono Matter

Give It A Try

2K 78 27
By dearpenguinsx

6:30 PM

Everyone in the office is busy. No one's taking a break because it's Friday - meetings with the clients & papers' submissions are set on this day.

Richard & Dawn own the company. They built this because they have the same interests and they see that there's nothing wrong with it because they are really great friends with each other.

Richard just finished his work & he's currently playing with his phone but the loud slam of the door gets his attention.

"What's your problem?" He looks at her, seeing her busangot face.

"Eh, kasi naman." She covers her eyes and looks down.

"Halika nga dito!" He taps his lap, asking her to sit there. Normal na sa kanilang dalawa 'yon. Walang malisya.

She sits on his lap and he wraps his hands around her waist. "Ano nanaman 'yang problema mo?"

"Chard..."

"Hmmm?"

"Can you finish these papers for me?" He looks up to her who's doing her pa-cute look.

"Seriously, Dawn? Seriously?!" Before she could say anything, his phone rings - FaceTime.

"Ako na sasagot for you, tapusin mo lang 'yan." He runs his fingers through his hair and reads the papers.

"Mars!!! Barkada's --- Ay! Anong meron? Bakit may kandungan?"

Tina puts her things back on the cabinet and talks to them again.

"Loka ka talaga, Tina! Hindi ka na nasanay. Barkada's what tonight?"

"Barkada's dinner mamaya! Osige na, bye na baka nakaka-istorbo pa ako sainyo! Bye, Pards!!!"

He looks up and rests his chin on her shoulder as he looks on the camera.

"Bye, Tins! See you tonight. Sabay na kami ni Dawn." Tina ends the call and Dawn still remains on his lap.

---

"Oh, ayan na pala ang dalawa!!!" They wave at them and sits on the couch.

They begin talking about their lives, their own businesses, until Patty brings up the topic about family.

"Ikaw, Dawny? Wala ka pa rin bang balak mag-asawa? Gusto mo bang tumandang dalaga? You're not getting any younger." Patty, as always, very straight to the point.

"Oo nga, Mars. Andyan naman si Richard, oh. I-next level niyo na yang kandungan niyo!" Tina butts in.

"Ayun naman pala eh. Napapadalas na, ha? Oo, kayo nalang, okay pa."

Dawn shakes her head and Richard is just smirking at them. Tuwing barkada's dinner talaga, never mawawala 'tong topic na 'to.

"Nako, wag niyo nga i-reto si Dawn sa mokong na 'to. Lahat kinakandong neto. Tignan mo!" Bobby calls a girl inside the resto-bar and points at Richard.

The girl approaches him and sits on his lap. Richard smiles at her seductively and wraps his arms around her waist.

Loko 'to ah. Ang landi nila pareho. Dawn is just staring at them.

"Baby, ano ba 'tong babaeng 'to? Parang nagseselos yata." The girl kisses his neck, her eyes are still on Dawn .

"Don't mind her." It seems like he's enjoying it, huh? Gago 'to, hindi man lang pinagtanggol.

She gets her phone and texts him. After a minute, his phone beeps but when he's about to get it from his pocket the girl insists that she'll get it for him. He allows her.

She opens his phone and gets surprised when she sees his lockscreen - his chin's resting on her shoulder, kissing her cheek, while she's doing her wacky pose.

The girl immediately stands up and leaves him because of the thought that she might be his girlfriend. The barkada couldn't help it but laugh. Deja vu? It happens always, lalo na sa boys sa barkada.

He checks her message first.

Dawny 👑:
Car key. Now.

He looks at her and he can see that she's already pissed off. He gives the key to her because he thinks she's just going to keep it incase he might get drunk.

He's surprised when she stands up, says goodbye to the barkada, and walks away.

"Patay tayo diyan. Habulin mo, dali!" He follows her to the parking lot.

"Kung maka-don't mind her ka."

He holds her hand and squeezes it. "Listen ---"

"No, drive me home." He opens the door for her and hops inside after she gets in.

No one's speaking, Richard knows that she won't answer nor look at him. Been there, done that. Not until when they have reached her house. "Dito na tayo."

She goes down & immediately goes inside the house. He follows her inside after he gets some stuff from his car.

He knows that she can't be found downstairs. She's in her bedroom, probably reading something or checking her emails.

"Dawn, sorry na." She's on her bed, her back's leaning on the headboard, a pillow on top of her lap, & a book on it.

She's still not looking at him so he sits on the opposite side of the bed. "Hey, sorry na. She's nothing compared to you."

She looks at him, puts her glasses down, "Really?" and rolls her eyes.

"Syempre naman. Oh, for you!" He hands her the papers she asked him to finish earlier at the office. She looks at him for a moment and winks at him.

"Ayun naman pala eh." He gets up and kisses her forehead. "Dawn, dito na ako matutulog, ha?" He goes to the bathroom & readies himself for bedtime.

It's already normal for them to sleep in each other's houses but usually, they sleep at Dawn's. Probably because of their work. Richard is always waiting for Dawn to finish her stuff so he can drive her home. When Dawn thinks it's already too late, he lets him sleep there - on the same bed, using the same blanket. Every morning, they would find themselves hugging each other, her legs are on top of his & his arms are wrapped around her.

He goes out of the bathroom and finds Dawn staring at the ceiling. He goes to his side of the bed and lets her rest her head on his chest.

"Chard, ikakasal pa ba ako o tatanda nalang akong matandang dalaga?"

"Dahil ba 'yan sa sinabi ni Patty?" She nods.

"Kasi ikaw! Puro ka work, paano naman ang lovelife mo? Tignan mo, ang laki-laki ng bahay mo, ikaw lang naman mag-isa."

"'Mag madre nalang kaya ako?" She looks up to him.

"Ano? Ewan ko sayo. Ganito nalang total single ka, single ako ngayon ---" She goes back from her position earlier.

"No, ayoko ng iniisip mo, Gomez! Very very 2016 naman ng idea mo."

"Listen, why don't we give it a try? Not that we're having a commitment, pero alam mo yun. Parang tayo, pero hindi for a month." She nods though she's still having second thoughts.

"Give me more reasons, acceptable ones, Mr. Gomez."

"Yung totoo talaga, may event next week, my highschool friends are coming. Ako nalang yung walang asawa, I want to introduce you as my soon-to-be wife."

"Ang dami mo pang pinagsasabi, may kailangan ka lang pala sa akin. Ang sabihin mo, ayaw mo lang mapahiya."

He pulls her closer to him and plants a kiss on her forehead.

"Sige na, oh. Please?"

"Starting tomorrow, make me feel like I do have a boyfriend so I can decide if I'll accept your offer or not on the day before the event. Understood?"

She holds his chin.

"Yes, Love." He winks.

"Well then, good night." She turns off the lamp and covers her face with the blanket.

---

She wakes up at 9:00 in the morning, alone. It's Saturday today & usally she would find him still asleep but today he's nowhere to find. She checks her phone & surprised by the number of notifications she has on Facebook.

She opens her account and finds something that makes her crazy & a little happy, she admits.

---

A photo of her sleeping. He must have taken it awhile ago.

Richard Gomez:
i love waking up next to you, my love. my sunshine. :-) - with Dawn Zulueta.

... and there goes the comment box.

Tina Bautista:
ay... grabe naman to. d kmi na inform!!!

Bobby Yap:
Yan tayo eh, walang sabihan. Tsk. Congrats, Mars & Pards! pwe

Anthony Gonzales:
wow, sagutin niyo naman barkada's dinner next week! 🍻

---

Dawn gets up and goes down. She heads to the dining table. She can't find him there so she goes to the kitchen but still, he's nowhere to be found.

"He already left." She thought. Dawn goes back to the dining table to eat her breakfast that he prepared for her.

She's about to drink her coffee when but suddenly her phone rings.

"Hey. Where are you?"

"Good morning, Love. Nasa seminar ako. Miss na agad kita."

Dawn laughs. Talagang g na g 'tong loko, ah. She goes with the flow.

"Oh. Ingat ka dyan, Babe. See you on Monday?" He giggles upon hearing her.

"Yes, Love. Have you read my post?"

"Yup. Proud boyfriend - check. Thoughtful boyfriend - let's see..." She ends the call and goes back to eating.

---

He must admit that there's something about today that excites him to work.

Richard woke up earlier than the usual for he had to go to Dangwa, where he bought a bouquet of flowers for his "girlfriend."

Everyone in the office is a little bit confused when they saw him holding a bouquet. "Wala namang girlfriend si Boss, eh." or some would say, "Baka may ka-meeting mamaya na pinopormahan niyan."

He goes straight to Dawn's office first and greets her secretary. "Good morning, Ate Paz. Nasaan ang boss mo?"

"Wow, Sir. Para sa akin po ba yan?" He smiles and shakes his head.

"Nag surprise visit po sa mga empleyado sa baba."

He nods and thanks her. He uses the elevator and smiles to those who are inside, too. He goes out of the elevator and heads to where Dawn is. The employees got surprised when they see him.

Usually, it's Dawn who goes down to do an inspection every week so when Richard goes down also, they know that there's something that they need to know. They greet and he greets them, too.

He roams his eyes around the place but he can't see her. So he walks toward her mini office there but when he's about to open the door, Dawn goes out and her eyes widened.

"Hey. What are you doing here? What's with the flowers?" She whispers, her face closer to him.

"Just checking my girl baka kasi pagod na, eh." He kisses her ear and hands her the bouquet.

"Happy Monday, my love." He kisses her lips, closing the gap between them. For the first time. Dawn didn't see that coming.

She hits his arm and rolls her eyes. To her surprise, she sees all the employees looking at them. Sht sht sht.

"Back to work." She tells them. Richard pulls her once more. "Thouhtful boyfriend, check?" She nods and walks away from him.

"Gomez, meeting at 1 pm later, don't forget." says before she could go out of the room.

---

Dawn spent her lunch break in Richard's office, eating the Adobo she cooked earlier, which is his favorite. After their lunch, they rested for awhile and decided to go to the meeting.

Richard is currently presenting his powerpoint that could guide the team who is assigned for tomorrow's event but stops when Dawn raises her hand.

"Typographical error, Mr. Gomez." He smiles and corrects the error.

"Yan? Okay na?"

She nods, "Yes, Babe. Now, go on."

The rest of the people in there are staring at them and you can see the kilig on their faces. After an hour of discussing, he lets them to go, leaving him & Dawn alone.

"Kung maka-babe ka naman kanina."

"Wow ha? Kung maka-halik ka sa akin kanina. First kiss ko 'yun, gago."

He walks nearer to her & wraps his arms around her. She looks up to him, "Dito ka nga, ayusin natin 'yang necktie mo."

She taps the chair infront him and he sits there. Dawn pulls him closer by grabbing his tie. "Seductive naman ng dating mo, Love."

He holds her chin, "Ang ganda mo pa." He kisses her on her lips. "Ang pogi mo rin." She kisses him back, smack lang. "Baka..." Another smack from him. "Baka ano, ha?" She raises her eyebrow and bites her bottom lip.

He stands up and immediately carries her - just like how a groom does with his bride after the wedding. "Baka hindi ako makapagpigil eh." Aba, humirit pa ng isang halik.

They exit the room and everyone's looking at them. Dawn keeps on telling him to bring her down but he keeps on walking.

"Hoy, Gomez! Anong gagawin mo sa akin? Loko ka." He just laughs and continues their way to the parking lot.

He just winks at her and drives.

---

"Ang seductive mo kasi eh." He brings her down to his bed and removes her blazer.

"Chard..." He looks up to her while unbuttoning her blouse. "Hmm?" He showers her neck with kisses that makes her moan.

"First time?" She nods.

"I know. Akin ka lang, eh. Akin lang." She cups his face.

"Possessive boyfriend - check." Dawn pinches his nose and smiles. He continues to remove her clothes and Dawn does the same.

Moans, scratches, passionate kisses, hickeys, Richard already did his thing, Dawn tightly held his arms, and suddenly the exchanges of screams & moans became their music - a beautiful one, indeed.

>>>>>
continue pa ba? 😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 4.7K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
11.5M 335K 68
X10 Series: Arthur Evangelista He dumped me at our own wedding. I left. I met HIM. And there came the SECRET. Do you want you to know about it? Let's...
121K 3.1K 53
"Here, Under the Stars... What if our paths crossed again?" Four years after her heart got broken, successful music producer and CEO, Magui Feola, we...
174K 7.7K 53
Archana Louisse Young - President of the Student Council. She is trusted by the Reed family to regulate Lauxshire University's policy. She is known...