The Mute Mate

By alyssag246

Her fathers snores rumbled within the house but soon quieted as he awoke from his slumber. Abigail held the b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 - The End

Chapter 10

8.3K 305 23
By alyssag246

(Edited)
Abby's POV

(Beware!!! Swearing, abuse, and... Adult.... Stuff. In this chapter. I will put an author's note for anyone who does not want to read this part.)
(Also for anyone wondering about the mugshot - this is a person I know aka my own crappy father who I am using as Abigail's father so this isn't just some random person I found on the web!!!)

I didn't turn back as I closed the door and took in the sight of the house.

I was late. Very late. And the last time that happened, I had to stay out of school for a week.

The couch was torn up, glass covered the ground like a blanket, and chairs were broken and thrown about.

As the door closed, the house went silent.

I listened as the floor creaked underneath the pressure from my feat. Rough breathing was the only other sound.

Fear grew rapidly within me. I turned the corner to the kitchen. That's when I saw him. He stood in the middle of the room. Glass and wood scattered the room. His eyes were an inhuman color. Red. His eyes were red with anger. His clothes and skin was draped with blood. He stared at me.

Then, a wicked grin grew upon his face.
I felt the color drain from my face and I could not move.

He took slow, antagonizing steps towards my frozen body.

"Where. Were. You." He asked slowly.

I tried to talk but I was frozen.

"I said, WHERE WERE YOU?!" He screamed in my face before punching me in the stomach. That's when I unfroze.

(For anyone wishing to skip this part... Now would probably be the time...)
I bit my tongue to keep from screaming and attempted to crawl away as fast as possible.

He kicked me in the side which sent me flying into the wall. My head hit the side and I landed in a pile of glass. Blood pooled around me.

He stomped on my fingers before picking me up and throwing me on the broken couch. I cried and starting screaming. He ripped my shirt off and stuffed it into my mouth. I cried and squirmed underneath him. He smacked me across the face. He then took his belt off and slid his pants off. His dirty and bloody hands roamed my body. I kneed him where the sun don't shine and rolled off the couch before running towards the door.

He growled inhumanly before he took a handful of my hair in his hands and yanked me back. I choked on the shirt in my mouth and tried to take it out.

Seeing my attempt, he took my hands and tied them together with his disgarded belt. I laid helplessly on the floor as he did whatever we wanted with me. I cried and kept my head to the side.

I felt him rip my clothes to pieces. I was use to the abuse. This is what I was worried about. I had the feeling that this would come someday. But I couldn't believe it.

I gasped as he took away the one thing that was suppose to be saved for the love of my life. Not him. This is wrong. This isn't suppose to be happening.

My body become numb and I shook with cries.

When he was done with me, he got up and left me laying there naked. I heard him moving around and then the door shut close. I was left alone. All alone. I cried and curled in a ball.

I stood up but fell down as my legs had turn to jelly.
Whimpering, I made my way to the kitchen and found a knife which I used to cut the belt from my hands. I then ripped the shirt from my mouth and threw it away from me.
(Ok. I think you can start reading again if you skipped that part)

I stepped into the shower. I felt so dirty. Turning the heat all the way up, I couldn't even feel my skin burning. My skin turned red but I didn't care. I scrubbed my body over and over. No matter how many times I washed up, I still felt dirty. I cried and stepped out before changing into a new pair of clothes.

I then hid under my blankets on my bed and cried myself to sleep.

Several hours later, I woke up to the sound of the door opening. I pulled the blankets closer to myself.

My bedroom door then opened and I flinched with every creak of the floor.

"Get up," he said.

Quickly, I stood up on the opposite of the bed.

"You will never break the rules again, correct?"

I nodded.

"Answer the fucking question!"

"I will never b-break the rules again," I said, my voice breaking.

I sounded so weak.

"There are new rules. You still cannot talk to anyone besides me. You will wake up and make me breakfast. As soon as school is over, you will come straight home. Start making dinner at 4:30 and have it done at 5:00. You will serve me and my friends. You will tend to our every need. Avoid everyone at school. Do not leave the house no matter what. I will drive you everyday and pick you up after school. If you break ANY rule, you will be punished as you have tonight. Do you understand?"

"Yes, sir," I weakly responded and kept my eyes towards the ground.

I didn't remove my eyes from the ground until he walked out and closed the door.

Closing my eyes, I felt my throat swell up. I went back into the bed and laid there until the next day where I woke up extra early.

I took a shower, changed, did my makeup, did my hair, then headed downstairs to start breakfast. I made bacon, eggs, and pancakes. Then I stood to the side of the table and waited for him to come out of his room.

Five minutes later, he sat on the last chair that wasn't broken.

"You don't get to eat unless I say. And when you get home from school today, you will clean up this mess."

"Yes sir," I responded weakly.

He sighed as he finished his food.

"Take this, wash it, and get outside into the truck."

"Yes sir."

"No talking unless I say," he smacked me across the face and my head flew to the side then he turned and headed to the truck.

I quickly took his dishes, washed and dried them before putting them away.

Then I grabbed my backpack and rushed out to the truck before getting in.

Five minutes later, we arrived at school.

"See you after school, Abigail," he said with no emotion before driving off and leaving me.

I held in the tears and walked into school with my head down.

Putting my stuff into my locker, I took my books and headed to my first class.

When I arrived, I made my way to my desk and sat quietly.

Nobody tried to talk to me. Which is a good thing, I suppose.

The day flew by. I skipped lunch and hid in the library to avoid the people who have called me 'friend' for some time.

I was avoiding Austin. I knew he would ask questions. He knew about the abuse and the secret of me being mute. While in the library, I looked at books about werewolves and about their mates. I found some information about how mates react to each other.

From my knowledge from the books, Austin will not stop until he finds out what is wrong and will go on a rampage if he does find out. So he cannot find out.

But I knew I would not be able to avoid my last class where Austin has been assigned to be my class partner.

It was finally time. The last class of the day. I made it this far without breaking any rules, just one more class.

I took slow steps to my desk next to Austin. He stared at me.

From the corner of my eyes I saw his brows furrow.

Flashes of the night before passed through my mind and I had to close my eyes to settle down.

I looked over at Austin, only to find him shaking in anger and ready to shift.

Shit. I forgot. He can read my thoughts.

Shit. Shit, shit, shit!

Tears built up in my eyes and I stood up and ran out of the room. I ran to the library where I have used as a safe hiding place. I stuffed my body between two racks of shelves in the back and cried while curled in a ball.

I had my eyes closed and I didn't hear him approach.

"Abby," I heard his voice.

I flinched and immediately stopped crying.

I couldn't talk. I couldn't tell him to go away.

"Abby," he said with more force.

I looked up and met his eyes.

He stared into my eyes before kneeling down and reaching out to hug me.

I flinched back when he touched me. I felt useless. Weak. Scared.

His hand went back.

I saw his eyes water.

"I knew I shouldn't have let you go," his voice quivered.

I studied him. This was my fault.

His eyes became watery and he sat back and pulled his knees up to his head like I had.

I saw his body shake. He was crying. And it's my fault.

The bond between us kicked in and without thinking, my body moved toward him and he took me in his arms and held me.

We stayed like that for the rest of the period.

"You're not going back." He said and I could tell by his voice that he wasn't going to let me.

I nodded and laid my head down on his chest.

He kept his arms around me.

"He's coming," I spoke quietly. Praying he heard me as I couldn't speak anymore.

His grip on me tightened.

When we heard the bell, he stood up and I felt his heat leave me and I became consumed by cold.

Black dots starting clouding my vision. The last thing I remember was being picked up and carried out of school.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
132 2 36
*COMPLETED* This must be our Lake house I inspect the rest of the house and pull down the string that leads up to the attic I head up and there's box...
585 26 30
Being a wolf with a special powers seems to come at a price for Abigail. A slave to her pack and a wolf who wants to run. Once she escaped what will...
580K 31.9K 67
❝Human by Day and Wolf by Night.❞ But what would you do if you saw one in broad daylight? - * - Abigail wasn't prepared to hear that she and h...