Still Into You

By MelonDiaries

UNEDITED Allison Coleman has a not so perfect life. Things were starting to turn for the better for her. Sh... More

One
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Epilogue
Meeting Mr. Mogul

Two

29.2K 736 108
By MelonDiaries

Two

"What is he doing here?" I silently hissed at myself and turn my attention back to Annette and Tristan. The sudden panic in my eyes alarmed them.

"Are you alright?" Annette asked worriedly. I stared at her for a moment. She knew about him, that first year in college where we first met, I was still hang up on him, so I talked about him then. But, that was eight years ago. A year after that, in my second year, I was over him and started dating again, or so I thought.

"He's here..." I said, my voice almost a whisper, and it slightly quivered in the end. I turned to look at my brother, staring at him with panic in my eyes. He knew about him more than Annette. I mean, he is my older brother; and, he witnessed everything with his own eyes. He knows me well enough to know who I was referring too.

As Tristan glance up behind me, scanning the area, I watched as realization flashed in his eyes when he finally saw him. "Oh..." he said silently.

Then, Annette followed his actions and after a few seconds, her lips slowly turn up into a smirk. And as she looked at me again - and at the moment, I was sliding low in my seat, trying to be invisible - her eyes gleamed with amusement. "This is an interesting revelation..." she stated and winked at me.

This is bad. This is really bad. I can't have this now; I was going to be engage for Christ sake. I'm in love with someone else. But, why was I feeling flustered at the moment? He shouldn't have this effect on me at all, after eight years of not seeing and talking to each other. This is madness.

"I've got to go..." I said, my voice sounded rush, as I grabbed my things, leaving money for my food in the table.

"Wait. Don't go... he's by the door at the moment..." Annette said, grabbing my arm as she glance behind me.

I slowly sat back down on my chair, taking huge breaths to settle myself down. "Is he gone now?" I asked after a few second.

"Uhm... Okay, go." Annette replied, letting my arm go.

I got up and said my goodbyes, trying to keep my head down and make myself invisible to my surrounding. As I continued to walked towards the exit, my head still down, I didn't notice someone walking towards me. We collided lightly, yet the person put an arm around my waist since I staggered backwards. I looked up and was ready to say sorry when our eyes meet.

"Allison?" he asked, shock and unsure of himself.

I wanted to curse and shout at my brother and my best friend right then and there, but under these circumstances, I don't want to make a fool out of myself. "Logan..." I said, more of recognition than a question, which I didn't plan on sounding. Now, I wanted to slap myself.

"Wha..." he started but paused to clear his throat as he let go of his arm around my waist. "It's been long. How are you?" he asked, looking calm, cool and collected, like I once knew him.

"I've been fine. How are you?" I asked, putting on my serious, business face. I don't want to look affected and vulnerable in front of him. For all he knew, I was the woman who ran away at the sight of a serious commitment.

"Do you work around here?" he asked, his eyes glistened slightly. For a moment, I didn't realize I was staring at his eyes until someone interrupted us.

"Logan. What a pleasure to see you here? I though you're up west coast these days... what brought you to the east?"Tristan asked, snapping me out of my stance, pulling me back to reality. I took a few steps back from Logan, just realizing what little distance we had.

"Tristan... I was just transferred her a few weeks ago, really..." he answered him as they exchange some sort of handshake the involved a fist pump and a few back hand.

"Do you have any problems settling in? Why didn't you contact me?" Tristan asked, as they finished with the hand shake.

"I'm settling in fine. I didn't know you live here..." Logan stated, trailing the thought off as he glance at me for a second.

"Oh right... I didn't mention to you last time about the new job I got here..." Tristan said, mostly to himself, and then he turns his attention to Annette who just walked up beside him. "I think you two haven't met... this is my wife Annette." He said as he put an arm around her waist.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you, Logan right? I used to hear something about you before..." Annette said, smiling softly, but her eyes was saying differently like she plotting something.

Logan smiled at her in replied, yet there was a slight hesitation and confusion in his eyes. "Nice to meet you too. I hope what you've heard about me from your husband is all good..." he said, a smirking slowly tugging at side of his perfectly shaped lips.

"Well, it was all good alright... but, the information wasn't from my husband..." she said, smirking at her words, glancing at me for a moment, which made Logan's blue eyes fall on me for a slight moment.

"Okay... I think I'm going to go... I'm late for work." I interjected, not liking where the conversation was going. I gave Annette a warning glare before looking at Logan. "It was nice see you." I said, looking directly at him unflinching for a moment. Then, one last goodbye wave to my brother and my best friend, I was off running away from the scene. I only hoped and prayed Annette understood my warning to not talk to him any further.

I didn't stop running until I reached the confines of my office. I felt slightly rude that I ignored my assistant, Kate, when she asked me about some work issue. I was in need of a few moments to cool off and a whole lot of wine tonight to calm this nerves.

After running through for the rest of the day in work mode, not letting the happenings at lunch bother me, I made it through the day without thinking about him. But, that would only go down the drain when I'm finally at home with nothing to do and little to think about. It was bound to be back at the center of my trail of thoughts.

As I drive myself back to the apartment that Daniel and I share, I kept my focus on nonessential things, like what I was going to wear tomorrow at work and what to cook tomorrow for breakfast. And, at that point, I think I'm already losing my mind on trying to distract myself from thinking about an eight year old love interest that I've simply forgotten within those eight years of absence.

I've finally reach my limit. So, I crushed down in the living room couch, face down, not really bothering on getting up for awhile. I turned my head on the side when my breathing started to get ragged from the lack of air. After a few moments of thinking absolutely nothing, I got up and got myself a glass of wine as promised. I sat back down in the couch, trying to enjoy the silent moment of my home until my phone vibrated in my purse. I debated about checking it out and failed. I clicked the unlocked button and saw that it was a message from Daniel.

'Babe, I'll be back home late tonight. I've load of work to finish since boss wanted to finish filling the accounts by todat. I'm so sorry. But, I'll be beside you when you wake up in the morning. Love you and take care' the message says as I read it with my eyes.

I opened a new message and texted back. 'I understand. See you tomorrow morning. Love you too.' And hit send. I throw the phone beside me, feeling slightly disappointed that I'm going to be alone again tonight. I didn't really have the energy to cook and I wasn't really hungry at all; so, after one and a half glass of wine, I half dragged myself to the master bedroom at nine in the evening, which was still early for me to sleep.

As I was half way to the master bedroom, the door bell rang, giving me a slight surprise. I knew it wasn't a deliveryman since I didn't order any takeouts tonight. So, out of curiosity, I took a silent look at the peep hole before voicing out and ask who it was. When I saw the huge smiling face behind the door, I didn't hesitate to open the door.

"Annette? What are you doing here?" I asked, surprise to see her visit me since I was the one who usually visits at their place.

"Are you home alone? Is your man of a whore here?" she asked as she step inside hesitatingly, voicing out her distaste to my current boyfriend.

Annette and Daniel, plus my brother - since he always sides with her - doesn't really like my boyfriend. Well, doesn't like is a bit of an understatement to the situation. They loathe him so much. The first time they met him, they've tried to talk me out of the relationship and dump him right then and there. I didn't really get why they hated him, saying he was a douche and a scumbag, but I just couldn't see it; maybe, being in the love bubble disrupted my vision.

"No, he's working late tonight." I replied, rolling my eyes. After a year of this, I got used to their dislike to my boyfriend.

"Again? Wow! I think you should dump him for leaving his loving girlfriend unattended and lacks physical attention..." Annette said, smirking evilly as she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh, you don't have a say on my sex life... I keep away from yours, and in respect to that, you should keep away from mine..." I said, walking away from her towards the couch where I sat.

"You know I would love to share my sex life with you... there was this one time when Tri and I were so horny and we were at a baseball game..." she started, amused at my reaction.

"Whoa... stop! God, I don't want to hear about you and my brother getting it hot... I mean, ew! At least leave me a shred of dignity, I don't want to live for the rest of my life, avoiding his gaze." I interjected, shuddering at the almost visual image in my head with her and my brother doing it in somewhere in the bushes.

"You're so cute when you shudder like that..." she commented, patting me in the back and smirked at my expression.

"Right. I forgot you like torturing me with talks about your sex life with my brother..." I stated sarcastically and rolled my eyes. "So, tell me. Why are you here?" I added, curious about her sudden visit.

"I'm taking you out, clubbing." She said nonchalantly, like she was saying she was taking me out for a short drive around town.

I raise an eyebrow at her questionably. "Clubbing. You know I don't... club..." I said and snorted as I air quoted the last word.

"That is why I'm taking you with me..." she stated matter-of-factly like it was obvious.

"And, why would I agree to that? Besides, I would be the only one having fun since you can't drink now..." I said, gesturing at her stomach briefly as I glance down to it.

"I'll be handling the most responsible job tonight, which is to be sober, drive, and help you get drunk." She said and stood up, dragging me with her. "Now, go change into something night club-ish material." She added after which she pushed me towards the master bedroom.

I change out of my clothes and grab a skinny jeans and fitted, satin tank top, which shows all my curves in the right places. I grab a matching black leather jacket and black pumps to complete the outfit before going back to the living room where Annette was waiting. When I was finally finished, she made me stop and twirl to asses my outfit whether it was club-ish material. It was funny that she still doubts my style since I work for a fashion magazine company, but I never questioned her about it since it's better to get a second opinion.

The drive to the club was short. We arrived at the club in record time of twenty minutes. Annette chose the club were we'll go since I never go out on such places unless otherwise forced. And depending on the situation, I was forced. After parking the car just a few blocks and walking the rest to the club, I was thinking whether to make a run for it or not. I didn't act on that since Annette was holding my arm in a tight grip, it was like she read my mind. As we reached the entrance to the club, we didn't get in line and went up front to the huge body guard.

"Hey, honey, mind if you let me and my girl here in? It's getting chilly out here after waiting for hours for our dates..." Annette said, as she widen her eye and doing her magic. This happens every time; it was ridiculous how she could conjure such charms on people and get her way. I sometimes feel bad for my brother that he faces this every day.

After a few chitchat, and giving the body guard her fake number, we were inside the club in less than fourty five seconds which was impressive from the last time she did it. I smirked at my best friend, nodding my head in disbelief. She sure knows her way in the world of man.

She saw my expression and smiled innocently. "What can I say? Man are easy target." She explains innocently and dragged me by my arm to the bar.

"And you still haven't taught me how to do that..." I said, as I stood beside her as she snapped her fingers to get the bartender's attention.

"What are you ladies having tonight?" the bartender asked after he strode to our direction when he heard Annette's snap for his attention.

"I don't know pretty boy. What do you think should I be having tonight?" Annette asked, fluttering her eyes flirtatiously as the tip of her lips twitched into a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and smirked at her words. I never worry if Annette does this when my brother wasn't around. She's just like having fun taking advantage on men's weaknesses whenever we are inside a dark room, which mostly are club's and bar's that we go. And, I don't really stop her since we get free stuff for it. I'm not that forward as her, so I let her do all the talking as I sit back and wait for the free stuff. I'm a sucker for free stuff.

As I continued to watch my best friend work her magic, I scan the place for a moment. The club wasn't packed, yet, but there were already people on the booths who are laughing aloud under the loud house music that surround the whole club. Usually, when we were still both single - and that was during our collage years - my job was to spot for any hot, single man who we might enjoy for company. But now, since Annette is married and I was going to be engage soon, my job turned into the opposite. I was on the lookout on any man who is checking us out and a few we should avoid. I don't like to explain to them why I couldn't go to their place to do a little bit of fun together. This part is hard for me since I didn't have a wedding ring, which Annette has, to back it all up. I sighed from that thought, when did I get so desperate on wanting to get married?

After Annette got our drinks from the bartender with a card in her hand, I turned my attention back to her with a smile. "How come these men never see that ring on your finger? They just fall at your feet before noticing that warning-back-off sign." I asked, gesturing at her wedding ring.

"I'm gullible and cute." She answered like it was obvious and hands me my drink.

"...Yeah, cute, gullible and bats her lashes seductively."I said and snorted. I took a sip of the drink she hands me and turn my attention to the crowd.

"So find anyone that catches your attention?" Annette asked, wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"Wow... you really hate Daniel so much that..." I said, turning to look at her but trailed off as someone caught my attention. I almost drop the glass I was holding if Annette didn't take it from my hands.

I was numb; I couldn't focus my attention to Annette's worried look as she waved her hand in front of me. At that moment, all I could see was that one thing. Daniel was seated at the far end of the club in a booth, surrounded by - from my guess - his work friends who was all smoldering themselves with girls who wore very short skirt; so short that I was sure they weren't wearing underwear beneath it.

"That Son of a..." Annette started as her gaze landed on the same place I was looking.

"Annette, don't please... let me handle this..." I interjected her, finally got myself together. When I've finally got out of that shock state, all I have within me was pure rage.

I didn't even think twice as I walked directly towards them as Annette tugged my arm, trying to calm me down and pull me away from him. But, I couldn't see any more sense in that moment, I wanted blood. So, I continue walking until was I standing in front of Daniel's booth.

"Fancy meeting you here. I thought you were at work! What are you working on? Putting up that c*ck of yours to somebody's a**!!!" I shouted, my eyes blurring slightly. "You think you can fool around and I wouldn't find out?? Oh! I'll just keep doing this even after we are married... she is oblivious... she wouldn't mind..." I continued, trying to copy his voice sarcastically. "Well, f*ck you! I'm not playing with your sh*t! If I see your f*cking face ever again, I won't hold back Tristan anymore and let him kill you!" I said and reached for the nearest bottle from me, and throw it directly at him, which he jumped away. "You should be happy that I miss!" I spit at him lastly before turning around and walked away.

He stood there, dumbfounded. I ignored the people and a few security guards who stood there in the sidelines as they watch me blow up. The pissed off look on my face kept the guards from going near me and the rest of the crowd, who made a pathway for me to walk towards the bar where Annette was waiting for me her face a mirror of shock.

"Get your stuff. I don't feel like partying anymore after a certain a-hole ruin my already ruin day." I said to her under clinched teeth. I continued walking away towards the exit and people started clapping around me. I didn't really get why they were clapping until I turned and face the crowd of people who were looking at me.

"You go girl! Tell him as it is..." someone shouted, as everyone burst into cheers.

"Wow, Ally. I didn't know you had it in you." Annette said as she clapped along with the crowd.

I gave the crowd a small smile and grabbed Annette's arm. "Let's go." I whispered to her ear and dragged her out of the club.

I don't know what just happened, but I hope that it the morning everything would blow over and I would forget that I just did something uncharacteristic of me. Though, I wouldn't forget the shock and embarrassed expression on Daniel's face when I said those words. But, tonight, I'm just going to cry about the fact that my boyfriend-soon-to-be-fiancé is cheating on me. And, I'm going to need more than one bottle of wine to drown that sadness.

---

A/N:

Hey all lovies! So, I'm updating early since I have some small free time this week, just small, barely there, free hours. And, since I kinda feel the story is sort of hanging, and I lack reads and reviews in the past days... I wanted to give you more of the feel and continuation of the story. So, here it is!

I would really appreciate feedbacks, votes, comments, critic, all off that jazz! I want to know if this story is working it's magic - in a sense that I made this entertaining for you guys. XD

Thank you for those who are reading this and Enjoy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 375 18
cover made by @lilyreindeer Where two friends decide to overstep boundaries to get over their exes. 𝐀𝐕𝐀 ( 𝐍𝐎𝐇 𝐉𝐈𝐇𝐘𝐄) - After her fallout w...
76 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
1.7K 63 39
Sophie is best friends with a boy. A boy called Dean. He's messed up in the past but it wasn't his fault and Sophie knows this. She has the problem o...
766 86 33
Harper is just another girl who wants to be happy just like every other girl but doesn't have the luck. She ended up falling in love with her "friend...