Waltz of Intellects

Per sarcastic_shivi

"Everyone here has secrets. You have yours, I have mine, and the school has its own." ~Sasha Ivanov, Year 2... Més

Authors Note
Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5

Chapter 4

45 3 0
Per sarcastic_shivi

Hey there people! Guess who is updating one last time for this year? Me. I will be continuing uploading after my class 12th finals are over. I am seriously sorry about this. I might update in between if I tend to find time. But don't expect too much. 

Dedicated to C00XC01 because he is the kid who inspired Nicholas. 

Date: 20th January, 2016
Time:  08 : 04 hrs

Transfer students is not an unheard concept in Optima Eruditione Academia, but it's a rarity. Once in many years, a student catches the eye of the school, a student who has shown superb skill development in a short period time. The most famous transfer student was Albert Einstein, who joined the academy in year 3.

There was going to be a new admission in Nicholas's class today. Well, it was actually supposed to done a week ago, but the new girl had fallen sick. Well, it does take time to adjust to this height and pressure. 

Nicholas was slumped on his seat. His eyes had deep bags due to the lack of sleep. Gosh, get over with the day already, Nicholas thought to himself. He wanted to get away from everyone. 

To top his restlessness the new student was running late. 

With a frustrated sigh he slammed his head into the desk. THUD!

Ow.. Ouch! That hurts. 

"Ahh come in Ms. Ivanov, and please introduce yourself." He heard Ms. Natasha's voice. 

"Hello everyone." A soft voice spoke. Nicholas recognised this voice. He had heard it before. "My name is Sasha Ivanov, and I specialise in psychology. " 

Nicholas's head jolted up from the desk. He stared at the new student. She was the same girl he had seen in his club room yesterday. Yesterday, when he saw her, he felt like he had seen that face before, but he couldn't recall where. But today, it was crystal clear to him. 

"You . . . " He shouted, standing up on his seat and pointing at her. " . . . how?" 

Sasha was surprised. She didn't expect this kind of reaction from anyone. And before she knew it, Nicholas had her pinned down flat against her stomach. He frantically tugged her collar checking for a mark. His hands had started growing into claws. Long and furry brown hair covered his hands. 

There was a mark on her neck. A big star shaped scar.

"What did you do to her?" Nicholas growled.

His ears had now started to transform into pointy ones. His uniform ripped as his size grew. His body was now structured like a quadrupedal. Nails from his paws dug into her shoulder. Sasha struggled under him. 

"Nicholas Abraham get off Sasha. Get off her,  right away." Ms Natasha shouted. The feral beast which was standing in place of Nicholas growled at the teacher, turning his attention at the new student again. 

And the next thing that Nicholas knew was that we was sent flying out of the classroom. Ms Natasha had her fingers working out complicated outlines. Nicholas growled at the teacher. His voice louder than before. But, rather than going back to class again, he ran away. He ran and ran until he was the edge of the floating isle. 

The feral beast sat down on all fours and panted. Nicholas was barely a sporty person, his transformation did not increase his stamina either. 

ZAP!

The beast felt current flow through itself. 

GRRRRR . . . 

The beast growled. He growled and growled running around in circles until he collapsed. And then everything was black. 

Blood had stopped oozing from Sasha's would. But the gashes were going to leave scars on her shoulders. 

-x-x-

Reiko was exhausted. Sweat beaded on her forehead. SWISH~ She hit the granite block with her katana the 1987th time. Yet, there was no deep indent. 

SWISH~ SWISH~ SWISH~ 

She struck thrice, continuously. The block still sat on its place. Reiko was frustrated. She lacked on patience. Her hands were trembling. She had been holding the sword for about two hours straight. 

SWISH~ she assaulted the block again. 

GAH! She sighed frustrated. If she wanted to kill a dragon in one stroke this exercise was necessary, her teacher had told her. 

As if dragons exist anymore. No one has sighted one for decades 

She scoffed. 

"That would be enough for today, Ms Mizuno." The combat trainer said. 

"But sir, let me do this for some more time."

"STOP BEING A MEATHEAD!" The trainer exclaimed. 

"But sir . . ."

"You are dismissed Ms Mizuno. " The trainer spoke in a dismissive tone. "Also, it's your homework to find out what was your mistake. You get a weeks time. Now LEAVE. Try again tomorrow."

Reiko moved to the locker room. She was frustrated and angry, but most of all she felt embarrassed. Now she knew what it felt like to be called a 'meat head' in a school for prodigies.  

Soon enough, Reiko had taken a shower, cleaned and packed her equipment and was out of the locker room with her bag. 

She hadn't felt it until now, but her upper arms hurt. 

I hope the cafeteria is open. 

There was a commotion outside. That was Reiko's first thought as she stepped out. Rather than being in their respective classes, the students were in the corridor. Running up and down like maniacs. The school guards were on patrol. 

What in the he- Grugurgr~

Her rumbling stomach brought her back to the current problem. The lack of food in her stomach. She quickly paced herself towards the cafeteria.

"That would be 17 pebbles." The person at the cash register said. Reiko was standing in front of him holding a chicken sandwich in her hand. 

The currency in the academy  are of three types. Pebbles, Cuprus and Solar. Twenty four pebbles made one Cupri. And seventeen Cuprus make one Solar. To earn these the students have to carry on on campus jobs. Reiko had enough money to last her the whole third year

  She handed him the money and moved to a table near the side.   

"Did you see how he attacked the transfer girl. I bet he'll be going to the pit."

"He's also rumored to have killed the other man, isn't he?"

"Yeah, there were claw marks on that dead man."

"A wild animal like him should not be running freely in this school. "

"I hope they find him as quickly as possible. Better before he kills someone else. "

Reiko wasn't trying to eavesdrop. She just happened to listen to the conversation of two girls sitting across her. Her ear itched to know more. Know about who is this person they were talking about. Unfortunately for her, the girls had changed the topic. 

So she opened up the wrap around her sandwich and took a bite.

-x-x-

Headmaster Zephyr was watching the incident from his room. He had been watching it since Nicholas's tracker signal turned yellow, indicating a 'Berserker'. It was not a thing that happened usually. Last time it happened was when Zephyr himself was a student of the school, which was about four decades ago. Somehow, he had escaped the authorities, so no one knew about it. But the poor kid, Nicholas, got unlucky.

Nicholas Abraham, you surprise me. The headmaster smirked.

-x-x-

Sasha was currently lying in the medical room, flat on her stomach. She was shocked. She hadn't expected a classmate of hers to go all berserk on her. Her shoulder blades had been shattered and a few of her blood vessels cut. What the hell got that guy so worked up? She wondered.  She had met him yesterday as well, but this was not how he reacted. So, what was different today?

The doctor had applied anesthetic on her back, causing the pain to be relieved. He had reassured her that it was alright. Nothing would happen to her and she'll be as good as new by the evening, ready for school tomorrow. Exactly what any doctor would say to reassure the patient. 

"How do you feel?" The doctor said coming back to the room. 

"Doped in anesthesia." She beamed at him. 

"We have a cheeky kid, don't we?"

She flashed him the same smile, again. 

The doctor applied some sort of gel on her wound and bandaged it. "This will enhance the healing. You'll be hale, hearty and ready for classes by afternoon."

Sasha relaxed, trying to make herself comfortable in that position. 

"Doctor?" A female voice called out. The sound was coming from the direction of the entrance. Sasha found the voice oddly familiar, yet unfamiliar.  "Are you in there?" Sasha strained her neck in the direction to find the owner of this voice. Ow! She yelped inside her head, as the muscles of her shoulder strained with her neck. The female was covered by the curtains. 

"Yes, I am here. " The doctor answered back. He had removed his white gloves and was now washing his hand in the small tin basin located at the corner of the room. 

"Would you mind, if I asked a question?" The female spoke again. The doctor was standing in front of her. 

The old man spoke. His voice was groggy as always. "Go on, young lady. Ever ready to quench the thirst for curiosi-."

The drug took over Sasha, numbing her senses. She fell into a deep dreamless sleep. 

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

514 257 20
Welcome to Princeton Academy, one of the most elite universities in the world...where nothing and no one is at it seems... It's home of the Dragon, S...
17.4K 922 29
My eyes finally adjusted and I got a good look at the guy. Holy shit, he was HOT. He rivaled Lazarus, and that's saying a lot. He might even be mor...
First Light Per Sad girly

Literatura romàntica

25.1K 845 49
(Unedited) " It has taken everything in me these past few months to stay away from her. My obsession with her is insufferable, even for me. ...
31.9K 1.3K 19
After leaving for the whole summer without a trace, Ela finally returned home.The only problem is she has no clue what happened over the summer. They...