Benefits

By stateofguthrie

a story in which two equally emotionally damaged young adults engage in an agreement to hopefully get the per... More

Preview
I.-No Strings Attached-
II.-The Unconventional Truth-
III.-Senses-
IV.-Touch-
V.-Hands To Myself-
VI.-Sexual Tension-
VII.-Ex's & Oh's-
VIII.-Ghost Of Girlfriend's Past-
IX.-Lip Bite-
X.-Naked-
XI.-The Not-So Boyfriend Zone-
XII.-Still Jealous-
XIII.-Make Me Crazy-
XIV.-Desire-
XVI.-Drunk In Love-
XVII.-Sex On Fire-
XVIII.-Virgin-
XIX.-Make You Want Me-
XX.- IDFC -
XXI-Girls Like You-
XXII.-Wet-
XXIII.-Daddy Issues-
XIV.-Of Heartstrings and Fake Weddings-
XXV-History & Sex Tape-
XXVI.-Wedding Jizzers-
XXVII.-Insatiable-
XXVIII.-Moments Like This-
XXIX.-Follow You-
XXX.-Story Of Another Us- (FINALE)
Epilogue
Special Chapter & Final Notes

XV-The Waiting Game- (mid-book FINALE)

11.6K 404 36
By stateofguthrie

Songs for this chapter:

1. "Waiting Game" - Parson James

2. "Almost Is Never Enough" - Ariana Grande feat. Nathan Sykes

3. "Boom Clap" - Charli XCX

---

Richard and Maine left the shop two nights ago very embarrassed but also proud of themselves. They never had sex in a dressing room before, it just sucks that they got caught. The two left the place with blushing faces as workers are eyeing them as they make their way out. Richard doesn't know about Maine, all he knows is that he will remember that night for a very long time.

"Lydia, is my suit ready?" he asked his assistant, pertaining to the attire he's gonna wear tonight.

"Yes sir, it's ready" she replied in a very proud tone. Richard didn't reply anymore, he just kept on typing for their weekly report. Even though he's not speaking, it's more than clear that something's been bothering him. He noticed something worth of getting worried about , and he's afraid that this will affect his chances of turning his beneficial friendship with Maine into something much more. 

"If worse becomes fucking worst, you're gonna have to admit your feelings for her tonight" a voice inside his head told him. Richard can feel his face getting hotter , this is not a good sign, for it only happens  when he's like really anxious. And he is , he doesn't know if Maine will feel the same about him or would it put a strain in their friendship. He doesn't know what will happen tonight. One thing is clear though, he needs to tell her how he truly feels as soon as possible. 

---

"Does this make me look like a virgin?" Maine asked her Mum while trying on the red dress she and Richard bought two days ago. This is the kind of relationship they have. Maine and her Mum are like best friends, and she wouldn't change a thing about that. 

"It makes you look 16" 

"I always look 16" Maine uttered before doing her 'second grader' smile. Her mother laughed, but then asked how things are going between her and Austin. Maine let out a sigh and told her that she knows her mother is playing matchmaker to the both of them. 

"Is that bad? I mean, you and Austin looks good together" 

"We do ... but we're also childhood best friends. He's like my brother now" 

"Then why did you agree to be his date for this thing?" her mother asked, still pushing the 'Maustin' tandem into reality. "Mom, I haven't seen him in a decade. And besides ... no one else asked me" she replied even though Richard did ask her. 

"How about that Richard Faulkerson Jr.?" her mother asked, making her heart jumped. 

"Austin told you huh?" she asked in a very pissed off tone. 

"Yes, but don't hate him please" Mrs. Mendoza replied. Maine just let out a sigh,  there's nothing much she can do about it anyway. 

"Richard is a good guy , but we're just friends" she replied, not wanting to hope that there's something different going on between them. "Be careful of him Maine. Faulkersons are heart breakers, trust me" her Mum reminded. That got her puzzled and so she asked her if she has dates one of Richard's relatives. 

"Yes, his father" 

"Oh"

---

Later that night, Richard and Natasha arrived at the office and saw how the decoration team turned the place into a high school prom theme night. Richard's eyes widened as his hearts started fluttering, he definitely feels like a senior high school student attending prom. 

Only one thing could make things perfect tonight, Maine. If Maine is his date then things would ave been grand , perfect and memorable. 

"Let's go?" Natasha asked her, Richard nodded and so they walked in. After passing a red carpet photo op , the two reached the main hall where most of the company people are. Richard looked around and caught a glimpse of Maine wearing the red dress they bought. His mouth literally fell open the moment she looked at him. 

She looked like a queen.

The world stopped right at that moment, as she and Austin make their way towards them ... he only snapped out of his thoughts after Natasha's constant nudging. 

"What?" he asked, quite annoyed. That irritated the model and so she rolled her eyes and walked away from him. 

"Where is she going?" Maine asked the moment they got to him. Richard couldn't speak, he's still in awe of her beauty. 

"Richard ..."

"What?" he asked, still fixated on her. 

"Where did Natasha go?"

"Oh" he replied before snapping out of his thoughts. 

"Oh?"

"That .... umm, she is going to the powder room ... sorry" 

"That's okay .. you look great tonight" Maine commented before scanning him form head to toe. "You as well" he replied before the two of them laughed, remembering the history of the red dress. 

A few minutes of awkward silence then followed right before the announcer told them that the program has officially started. 

Maine and Austin went to the dance floor while Richard stayed behind and waited for Natasha to come back. Richard knows he's jealous, he is definitely jealous. 

---

Maine felt weird the moment she saw Richard. He looked so damn good and sexy.  She also remembered what her Mum told her. How she and Richard's dad used to date in high school. Maine doesn't think that there's nothing she should worry about. However, her Mum thinks otherwise. She reminded her daughter almost a dozen times to be careful of Richard because chances are , he's just like his father ... a stone cold heart breaker. 

"Maine, is everything alright?" Austin asked after noticing that she can't help herself but to look around, hoping she'll get a glimpse of Richard dancing with Natasha. Two hours have now passed since the last time she saw him, and for some weird reason ... Maine feels like it's now her responsibility to make sure that he's alright and having fun. 

 "Of course I am" she replied, denying the fact that she is not. As the two continued to dance to Ariana Grande's "Almost Is Never Enough" , Lydia made her way to them and asked if she can talk to her in private. 

"Why?" Austin asked. 

"Girl stuff , bye!" Lydia replied while pulling Maine away from all the couples that are dancing. "What are you doing?" Maine asked her as soon as they gained some distance from Austin , who got pulled by his mates for a group dance now that Charlie XCX's "Boom Clap" started playing. 

"What ARE YOU doing?" Lydia asked back. 

"Lydia , what's the problem?" Maine asked, slowly losing her patience towards Richard's assistant. 

"Richard is at the rooftop" she answered. 

"Rooftop? why? Where's Natasha?" she asked

"She left. Richard never wanted to take her as a date on the first place .. he wanted you" 

"What?" Maine asked, feeling her heart beat faster. She knows Richard prefers her as his date but there's just something the way Lydia said it that makes her think something more serious is going on.

"Richard likes you Maine. He likes you a lot. He's at the rooftop .. go see him now" Lydia said before walking away from her.  Even though she's still torn about it , Maine decided to go to Richard to make things clear and set things straight. 

---

The sight of Maine dancing with Austin is too much for Richard.  His jealousy has reached a certain point in where he had to leave and go somewhere he can think. This night is a disaster, just as he expected it to be. 

With a wine bottle in his hand, Richard looked out in the city and noticed all the flickering lights.  He's gonna have to tell Maine what he really feels, he knows he has to. 

Tons of things have changed since the night he first saw Maine. He admits that before it's really just about the sex but as time passed by and he got to know her , feelings started to blossom. Feelings that uncontrollable , irrevocable and unfathomable. 

He then heard the rooftop door open, Richard turned around and saw Maine standing there in her red dress, panting. 

"Maine ..." he let her name slip out of his mouth. 

"Richard please tell me the truth ... do you love me?" she asked. His heart started pounding as memories of all their good times came flooding his mind. There's no denying it anymore ... he really can't keep himself away from the pleasure of bathing in her shine. 

"Please tell me?" Maine begged as she took a step  towards him. 

"Yes Maine ... I do ... I do love you with every inch of who I am, with every ounce of my soul , and every blood cell that I have in my body. I love you Maine , I'm sorry I cannot control my heart ... I love you .. that's what you wanna know right? ... I love you" 

---

that's it for this part guys ^^ what do you think will happen next? will Maine tell him she loves him too? or will he get rejected?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81.5K 2.4K 24
A Fictional chronicle of Alden and Maine, how their love developed from work buddies to friendship and love or more succinctly, from Alden and Yaya D...
32.6K 794 11
The love story that captured the hearts of many.
203K 12K 33
Fate sure knows how to play tricks. RJ is one of the people who go about their days without actually living. For him, he had no other reason to live...
Dark. By .

Fanfiction

108K 4.6K 22
in which an adventurous young woman and a mysterious young guy engage in a relationship filled with secrets, lies, sex and danger.