XII.-Still Jealous-

Song for this chapter:

1. "Jealous" - Nick Jonas

--

Richard has promised to Maine and himself that he will try his best to not be jealous and also to be friendly towards Austin. however, a couple of days have already passed and still , nothing has changed. The lad doesn't know what's wrong with him, all he knows is that Austin's mere presence in the office irks him so much and it's uncontrollable. This didn't affect his 'friendship' with Maine though because he learned how to loathe Austin secretly. 

"Sir , is that all you want?" Lydia asked him.

"Yeah sure" he replied and so his assistant walked out of his office. Richard is busy typing some documents when he realized that it's already time to eat breakfast. The lad got up and walked towards Maine's office. 

"Hey" he greeted with a smile on his face. 

"Hi stud , what's up?" she asked. 

"I ... I wanna ask you if you go eat some breakfast with me?" he asked, unsure if she'll say yes. "I want to ... but Austin already asked me ... do you maybe wanna join us?" Maine then asked him. Richard immediately got pissed off, it's still early in the morning and he already heard his name come out of her mouth.  

"Actually ... no ... I forgot .. I have to do a report" he replied as he started walking towards her door. 

"Richard .." Maine uttered and so he stopped. He then turned around and looked at her with an expression that says he doesn't know what she means. 

"What?" he asked. "I thought we got over this? Why are you so hostile towards Austin? He's a good guy , there's no need to worry about me when I'm around him. And besides, this doesn't affect our deal" Maine answered. 

"But it affects me" he thought to himself, realizing how naive Maine is when it comes to this sort of matter. "This is not about Austin. I literally forgot a report" he told her. 

"Okay then ... I believe you ... see you around?"

"See you" he replied before completely walking out of her office. "This is not good, he's winning" he thought to himself. Richard knows he has to do something, actually ... he knows he has to do everything to keep Austin away from her. 

---

Maine is getting weird vibes from Richard's actions lately.  She can't help herself but think that maybe Richard has already fallen for her.  However, knowing his playboy/lover boy/fuckboy nature ... Maine doesn't want to expect anything. 

"Why does he hate me so much?" Austin asked as soon as they sat on their seats. "I don't think he hates you ... I mean he does .. a bit .. but it's not what you think" she replied. 

"You know what Maine ... I think he likes you"

"Likes me? Are you out of your mind Austin?"  she asked before laughing a bit. Maine got into thinking, she knows Austin can be right. This worries her a lot, she knows shes not ready to love yet. At least the serious kind of love. 

"Has he asked you out yet for the event at Friday?" 

"Nope. I don't think he will. He's been acting strange lately" she replied. Maine then looked around and saw Richard walk in with a bombshell girl. She has this big pair of boobs, a ginormous ass and a face that can quickly make any dick hard. She's definitely the kind of girl that Maine would immediately hate on. 

"Who's that?" Austin asked. 

"I don't know ... and I don't wanna know" she replied, getting some weird jealous vibes from him. Richard and the girl then started making their way towards them. Her heart started beating fast.