Trying to Throw my Arms Aroun...

By LeeHarlemRobinson

As Lee Harlem Robinson struggles to come to grips with the insanely fast-paced city of Hong Kong, where she w... More

Trying to Throw my Arms Around the World Part 1
Trying to Throw my Arms Around the World Part 2
Trying to Throw my Arms Around the World Part 3
Not my party
Lesbian swingers galore
Entertainment
Anyone
A quiet dinner
Deflection
That suburban housewifely feeling
Personal
Sparring
Looking back
Smiling
The fuzziest kind of warm
Cashmere
Simple pleasures
A recipe for disaster
Refined sugars
Stairs
Misty Blue
On the line
The stairmaster
Point of no return
Choices
Comforting thoughts
Stakes
Off limits
Metaphors and spritzers
The Big L
Degrees of heartache
Hendricks & Tonic
Happiness levels
Pancakes
Lothario
Face cream
Compromise
Nine days
A light afternoon snack
No was not an option
Martyr
New beginnings
Gasoline
Party planning
Cornered
Straight
Ghosts
The L Word
All those yesterdays
Whistling
Dramatic effects
Tiny features
Apologies
Surprise
Another day
A little crush
Burning bridges
Explanations
Letting go
Post-orgasmic tears
Brunch
In kind
Our beloved boss
Plus-one
The worst of it
Ringing bells
Pizza delivery
Nothing
Knowing me, knowing you
Rebound
Isle of Dogs
Maximum manipulation mode
Love is a battlefield
Room for heartbreak
Friends
On top
Entanglements and flaws
No excuses
Cold shower
Holiday
Mrs Henderson
Office politics
Cat fight
The hangover
What we know
Promotion canapé
Loose cannon
Romance
Miss Sixty
The party
Burned
Coming of age
What it all comes down to
Farewell
Chapter 1 of 'Come and Go'
Chapter 2 of 'Come and Go'
Chapter 3 of 'Come and Go'
Chapter 4 of 'Come and Go'

Reasons for blushing

167 2 0
By LeeHarlemRobinson

Reasons for blushing

The morning inched by without a sign from Lou. I’d sent her a text and an e-mail, slightly worried to come across as too stalkerish − at least she’d know I was still keen. When I finally did receive a text message, it was from Lucy. Meet me at the pizza place in Covent Garden at one. I’ll buy you lunch. Pizza? Maybe the mystery woman wasn’t Joan after all.

“What’s the emergency?” Lucy asked as I sat down across from her.

“Your aunt is worried about you,” I said. “And your assistant is extremely annoying. Can’t you get rid of her?” Lucy leaned back and her face broke into a wide grin.

“Let’s start with Auntie Eleanor. What’s on her mind?”

“Basically, your taste in women.”

“Women? Meaning the plural of woman?”

“Yes. And that includes me.”

“Which other women might she be referring to?”

“Don’t play dumb, Lucy. Between the two of us it wasn’t that hard to figure out.” She shuffled in her seat a bit.

“Let’s order, shall we? Do you want to share a quattro formaggio?”

“I’m surprised you’re still allowed to eat something as disgusting as pizza. Or are you going for an extra spanking tonight?” A mild blush started at her neck and crept up along her cheeks, absorbing the freckles next to her nose.

“What on earth are you talking about?” She fidgeted with the bottom of her glass a bit. I understood why she was so reluctant to say it out loud.

“Joan bloody Harris is what I’m talking about. For heaven’s sake, boss, what’s going on?”

“She has, erm, a very persuasive personality.” I’d never seen Lucy’s face go crimson like that − and I’d seen her in various situations that invited some heavy blushing.

“I suppose the tools give her an edge as well.”

“Let’s not go into too much detail, please.”

“Lucy Rowe, I’d never thought−”

“Maybe we should try to steer this conversation into a more professional direction.”

“It’s a little late for that, isn’t it?”

“I hadn’t expected to like her, but it was a case of instant chemistry. I can’t explain it and I certainly don’t have to justify it.”

“No, but you should know she has a bit of a mean streak.”

“I’m aware of that.”

“Eleanor isn’t very happy about it.”

“As much as I adore her, it’s none of her business.”

“Is she making you do compulsory work-outs yet?”

“My, erm, thing with Joan is very different from what you had with her, Lee. I don’t think it compares.”

“I sure hope it doesn’t.” Lucy and Joan, I had a hard time picturing it in my head, but Eleanor was right about one thing. Lucy did have a ghastly taste in women. Just as I swallowed the last bite of pizza, my phone rang. Lou. Finally. We had a short conversation in which we agreed to meet after work. Suddenly, I couldn’t care less about Lucy’s choice of bed partners.

“Hot date tonight?” Lucy asked. This time my cheeks flushed dangerously red.

“Oh yeah.” She lifted up her glass and held it in the air.

“Here’s to us, Lee. And the fact that there might be something resembling love left for us in this world.” I was shocked that she would use the word love in reference to Joan, but instead of pointing it out, I focused on the hormones shuddering through my own blood.

“Cheers, Lucy. Now, about Annabelle−”

“Sorry, Lee. You can complain about her all you want, but she’s not going anywhere soon.”

“Oh, it’s like that, is it?” Lucy just nodded.

“Hey, maybe we can go on a double date some time.” She pulled her face into a mean sneer. Joan’s antics were rubbing off on her already. “Only joking, Lee. Where’s your sense of humour?”

To be continued…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 4.3K 40
[AMBYS 2023 Top picks in humor novellas ✨️] Lee Cook is heartbroken; his wife left him for another woman after twelve years of marriage. He vows to n...
6.6K 247 55
Being gay is hard. Like really hard. Especially for a socially awkward introvert like Queen, who grew up single for fear of being out there. When Que...
385K 11.4K 44
in which a shy florist falls in love with a flirty mafia boss. ┈┈┈┈․°?°․┈┈┈┈ gwendolyn westbrook has spent her life filled with schoolwork and stress...
35.1K 682 24
A lesbian Romance : : : : I grumbled awake, feeling my body in a weird posture, and my eyes opened to find a flock of black strands for a wall. It di...