pain. | UNEDITED

By kia0107

this book is not intended to make you cry lmao More

one.
two
three
four
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty.
thirty pt. 2
about the author :))
hmm

five

2.3K 96 24
By kia0107

justin

I felt myself wake up and I was confused to see that I wasn't in my room . . .

I wasn't in my hospital room either, so I guess that's a good thing.

I sat up and saw Evelyn sleeping on her bed, then it came back to me, I was still at her place. I stood and stretched before walking over to her. "Evelyn," I said softly, pushing her shoulder gently.

She didn't wake up and her lips parted, escaping the cute little snores. I smiled. She looks so angelic. "Evelyn," I repeated a little louder, and this time she groaned and covered her face with a pillow,"Come back in 3 years," she said.

I laughed,"Evelyn, get up." She frowned and sat up. "You don't wake a black woman from her sleep! The only person allowed to do that is my mom," she scowled. I laughed,"Sorry."

"What time is it?" She asked.

I shrugged,"I don't know." She tilted her head and looked at me like I was dumb,"Well how about you look at your phone...?"

"Oh," I chuckled, embarrassed,"Right. It is ---" I looked at my phone --- "7:43."

"Sheesh, we were knocked out," she laughed,"I guess teepee'ng someone's house really tires you out."

"Yeah," I said. It was better just to agree. I knew why I had took a nap. I was too active today, and cancer makes you short winded after doing every single activity. You need to sit down and take some deep breaths, and you get tired easily. I needed that nap. But hey, maybe she was tired from running around throwing toilet paper rolls everywhere.

She looked at me and then quickly looked away. "Let's go uh.. Get your clothes. They're probably dry."

I just nodded and put my hands in my pockets as she led me to the basement.

After we got them, I went into her restroom and put them on. When I was done I offered her the sweatpants back. "No thanks, they look better on you anyway."

Was that an attempt to flirt? Should I feel all giddy about this?

"Thanks," I said, sitting down on the edge of her bed. "So, we had our little fun and we slept. Is there anything else you want do? Are you hungry?"

"Yes, I need to eat, actually." It was about time to take those stupid once a day pills.

She raised an eyebrow,"Why do you need to eat?"

"Uh, it's just a scheduled thing, I guess," I shrugged. "Oh, well what do you want?"

"Cereal," I told her without thinking. Cereal was the only thing I was used to making. "Cereal? Well today's your lucky day, cause both me and Chanel have cereal obsessions." She led me to the kitchen and made both of us a bowl.

I got Cinnamon Toast Crunch and she ate Fruity Pebbles.

"So," she said when we got back to her room. When she wasn't looking I took the pill. We were sitting on her bed Indian style with our bowls in our laps,"Tell me about yourself."

"What do you wanna know?"

"The basic stuff first. Your whole name, favorite color, first date, age. Stuff like that," she said.

"Okay. Justin Drew Bieber, Purple, never had one, 22."

"You've really never had a first date?" She asked. I chuckled,"I told you that I've never had a girlfriend before."

"But ... But that doesn't necessarily mean that you didn't have a first date. Aww," she pouted. "It's not that bad, actually."

"That brings me to my second question. Why didn't you have a real childhood? I mean like, you're the only 22 year old who won't touch their phone all day."

"Okay," I sighed,"I haven't had what you call a 'real childhood' because ever since my dad left, I felt like I couldn't." And that wasn't lying either, just not telling the whole truth.

"Your dad left?" She asked, and I nodded. "Aw, I'm sorry Justin."

"It's fine. So what about you? Tell me about yourself."

"Okay, my whole name is Evelyn Lania Summers, my favorite color is black, and I'm 21."

"Black?"

"Hey, black doesn't get enough credit. It's a beautiful color," she raised up her hands and I just chuckled and shook my head.

"Black isn't a color, it's a --"

"Don't even start that bullshit."

I laughed, "What else do I need to know about you?"

"You mean like my childhood and stuff?" I shrugged,"Whatever you think needs to be shared."

"Okay, um.. I was raised in Pennsylvania with my mom and dad.... I moved to Los Angeles when I was 19. There's nothing else that needs to be shared," she chuckled. Wow, wish I had her life.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"Your life sounds perfect, I wish I could experience a life like that for a day," I told her.

"Everything's not what it seems," I thought I heard her mumble, but I could've been tripping over the drone of the fan.

"What now?"

"That's all I get to know?" She chuckled,"What do you want to be when you grow up? Did you attend college? Come on, Justin. Fill me in."

I thought for a moment. I've never really thought about what I wanted to be when I grow up, cause deep down I've always known that I would t 'grow up'.

"I don't know what I want to be. I just want to leave a legacy," I said. And that was true. I wanted people to remember me.

"That's deep, Justin. You're a deep ass person and I'm just so goofy. We don't mix at all."

I smiled,"I guess opposites do attract?"

"Oh, now that was corny. And I thought I was corny." I laughed with her.

"Evelyn, yo' mama was just on the phone!" Chanel called.

Evelyn groaned,"What'd she want?"

"She's coming over in an hour."

Evelyn sighed,"I guess that ends our day together, Justin.. I oughta take you home now." I looked at her confused,"Okay?"

"I'm not trying to get rid of you," she laughed,"You just don't want to be here when she gets here. Trust me, I'm doing you a big favor."

"Okay," I put on my shoes and walked to the door with her after saying goodbye to Chanel. I don't even want to talk about how she hugged me and squeezed my ass.

We got in the car and the radio was slightly turned up to avoid an awkward silence. "Why don't you want your mom to come over?" I asked.

"You caught me, huh?" She asked back. "Well, your demeanor changed at the mention of her. Not to be nosy, but why?"

"I love her, but we just don't see eye to eye about some things, that's all. My mama is the type to talk to me like I'm 12."

"Oh," I said quietly. She just nodded and started humming softly to the radio.

We pulled up in my driveway and my mom poked her head our the door out of nowhere. "Crap," I muttered.

"Justin, is this your friend?"

"Aw, is this your mom?" Evelyn whispered, looking at her. I rolled my eyes in embarrassment. "Yes."

"She's so cute," Evelyn said, flashing me that signature smile.

"Hi," my mom stuck her head in the window,"Sorry to intrude, just wanted to introduce myself to Justin's first friend. I'm Pattie," she offered her hand and Evelyn giggled and accepted.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Ms. Pattie. I'm Evelyn. Justin definitely wasn't going to introduce me anytime soon, you know how he can be," she grinned at me. I sunk down in my seat.

"Come on, mom," I said, getting out the car and taking my mom's hand,"Evelyn has somewhere to be."

Evelyn laughed,"You're a jerk, Justin!" My mom giggled as I dragged her away,"Bye, Evelyn. Nice meeting you!"

Thoughts?

Predictions?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 9.5K 64
⚠ INTERRACIAL ⚠ sequel to direct messages. highest rank: #134 in fanfiction ✨
305K 14.3K 39
where Zayn doesn't want to see Harry's face ever in his life and Harry can't stop loving him. Highest Ranking: #466 in Fanfiction
983K 9.9K 200
@louist91 started following you ... @louist91 liked your post @louist91 commented on your post {COMPLETED} adore you (H.S) is my spinoff to this book...
354K 13.9K 80
note ; this book has been edited, so some comments will appear not to make sense.