She Was Broken Beyond Repair

By Praggya_Sabarwal

[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afra... More

COPYRIGHT
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWNENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
EPILOUGE
BONUS CHAPTER ONE
BONUS CHAPTER TWO
BONUS CHAPTER THREE
BONUS CHAPTER FOUR
IT'S TIME TO VOTE!!!!
BONUS CHAPTER FIVE
BONUS CHAPTER SIX
BONUS CHAPTER SEVEN
BONUS CHAPTER EIGHT
BONUS CHAPTER NINE
BONUS CHAPTER TEN
BONUS CHAPTER ELEVEN
BONUS CHAPTER TWELVE
BONUS CHAPTER THIRTEEN
QUESTIONS
ANSWERING QUESTIONS
MILESTONE
NEW STORY
NEW STORY

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

30.4K 986 123
By Praggya_Sabarwal

Kyle Redmond P.O.V

I woke with my arms wrapped around my wife, while I was spooning her from behind, one of her arm was placed right over mine.

This will definitely look like a complete cliché scene to all, but to me it meant satisfaction.

The satisfaction of having my Paisley with me made me feel at peace. I just kept on running my hand through her soft silky hair, even after waking up for almost half an hour. Deciding to go and check up on the boys, I carefully got out of bed, making sure not to wake up Paisley and left the room.

Once I entered their room, I saw them sleeping soundly, it doesn't seem as if they were affected by jet lag last night.
Last night when me and Paisley were about to sleep after unpacking all the things, Ryder came into the room complaining he couldn't sleep. Pasiley took him with her to the bed and held him till he slept. The moment he drifted off to sleep we heard a loud cry. I went to the kids room which was right across from our's, on entering the room I saw Noah crying due to waking up alone. I tried to put him off to sleep but he just wouldn't. So, I gave up and took him to his mom. 20 minutes with her and he was out like light!

After checking up on the boys, I went back to our room and did my morning business. I was all showered and ready by the time I went down to the kitchen, leaving a still sleeping Paisley, she will as it is wake up and be down in an hour or so.

"Good morning, Kyle!" Rose my house keeper greets me. Rose is a fifty-one year old lady who has been working here for the past thirty years. She was my care taker that time and is actually like family to me. After Aunt Chole died, she helped me keep sane.

"Good morning to you too, Rose!" I greeted back with a genuine smile in four years and sat down on the chair kitchen chair.

"Judging by that smile, I take it Paisley is back?" She asked happily. Rose always adored Paisley, she believed that Paisley is the only one who could make me feel whole again.

"Of course!" I replied while taking a sip of the coffee Rose just placed infront of me.

"Where is she? I am so excited to meet her again!" She exclaimed flipping the omelet.

"Upstairs sleeping." I said.

"Ohhh... did you keep her awake all night huh?" She said and winked at me. I almost choked my coffee. Only if she knew how much I wish that could be the scenario.

"No, I didn't. We are taking things slow." I told her. The good thing about Rose is, you can talk your heart out to her and she won't ever form an opinion about you.

"Ahh! Of course, Paisley is a woman with high dignity and self-respect. I completely support her decision and you must respect it too." She told me placing the plate of omelet on the table.

"I do. I will support and respect her decision." I replied taking a bite of the cheese omelet.

"Good to know. So, where are your kids?" She asked me keeping away the pan.

"Even they are sleeping right now. But you will love them, Rose! They are such fine little gentlemen. So well mannered!" I said with pride evident in my voice.

"Of course! I am sure they will be, no doubt." She said with a smile.

"You know they look excatly like me. Handsome!" I said looking at her.

"Arrogant boy you are, son." She said rolling her eyes.

"Well..." I was about to say something when a loud squeal interrupted me.

"ROSE!!!!" Somebody squealed. I turned and saw it was Paisley. She was already dressed in a formal white dress, her hair tied into a high ponytail, minimal make-up, high black heels and a matching black bag.

Paisley ran towards Rose and pulled her in a tight hug.

"Oh my goodness!" Paisley exclaimed still hugging the life out of Rose.

"Let go off me crazy girl!" Rose said pulling away from Paisley's death grip.

"Oh! I am sorry!" Paisley said redness covering her cheeks.

"Haha. How are you missy?" Rose asked her.

"I'm good! What about you?" Paisley asked.

"This old woman has been doing fine." Rose replied.

After this they both chatted non-stop and continued talking like long lost friends. You people maybe thinking how are they so friendly? The thing is the time Paisley was staying here with me and the time we both were dating, Rose and Paisley used to play many pranks on me, constantly upto something. They always got along pretty well.

It has already been like half an hour and they both just ignored me, like I wasn't sitting there. So, I cut in their chat.

"Hey baby! Even I am here, please acknowldge me." I said waving both my hands at her funnily.

"Oh hey!" She said embarrassed.

I laughed at her action getting out of my seat and kissed her head.

"Awwww!! Look at you two." Rose said dramatically.

"Stop being so dramatic, Rose!" I faked an eye roll and took Paisley with me to the table and sat down.

"What will you have, honey?" Rose asked Paisley.

"Whatever is available." She answered.

"Usual pancakes and coffee?" Rose asked.

"Sure." Paisley replied and Rose went back to making the pancakes.

"Baby, where is this new firm of your's?" I asked testing her to know of she knows it's my firm she will be working for.

"Umm...Mr.Brown sent me the address this morning. It's seems a bit far away from the house." She said showing me her phone which had the address.

I thanked the almighty for Paisley still being in the dark about my firm. I had changed my firm's location three years back, so that is the reason Paisley couldn't figure out the address.

"I'll drop you." I told her while she took a bite of her pancakes.

"No, it's fine I'll take a cab. Your firm as it is, is in the opposite direction from mine." She said.

"I didn't ask you Paisley, I am telling you." I said calmly.

"But Kyle...." She tried to argue but I cut her off.

"No means no, Paisley. I am dropping you and that's final." I said.

"Fine!" She huffed and went back to eating.

Half an hour later we both were ready to leave and the boys were still sleeping.

"Kyle, I had to drop the boys off at Mel's but they are still sleeping." Pasiley said with worry.

"We can leave them here, Paisy. They'll be fine, Rose will sure take good care of them." I assured her.

"But they are not used to this house, Kyle, they don't even know Rose. When they wake up and don't find me, they're bound to be scared." She said with a slight frown.

"Rose will infrom us when they wake up, or if they are uncomfortable. If it makes you feel better, I'll comeback and check up on them after dropping you. Okay?" I said massaging her forehead to get rid of the frown lines.

"Hm.." She hummed in response.

"Now don't worry please. It's already 9:00." I said looking at my watch.

"Okay, I'll just go and check on them once." She said and practically ran up the stairs to their room making me laugh.

"Mothers and their protectiveness!" I muttered to myself.

After she came back we both sat in the car and left not before Paisley told Rose to take care of the boys, their food, bath and the list goes on.

...............................

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

"Babe, why are you so stressed?" Kyle asked turning to face me when the car came to a stop at the signal.

"Nothing." I said looking at him giving them a forced smile.

"And I don't believe your nothing. Now, be quick and tell me." He demanded.

I took a deep breath and answered "I am just stressed about this new firm, leaving the boys alone and about Luke." I replied in all honestly.

"What about Luke?" He sneered and started the car gripping the steering wheel tightly clenching his jaw.

"I don't know.. I mean when I talked to him last night, things didn't seem right. Why would somebody mess with him? He own's the second largest law firm in England after you." I expressed my thoughts.

"What do you mean by why would somebody mess with him? You know the kind of competition we are facing here in England. All the firm's are gonna try and pull down others for their own benefit." He said.

"I know, but still the second largest firm, Kyle!" I tried to reason out.

"Please Paisley, let's just not talk about it now. We have our own share of problems to deal with to be concerned about the others. When we have time together let's spend it thinking about us and refrain from talking about the others." He said.

I kept quiet and nodded not in a mood is answer him back.

After another 20 minutes we reached the firm.

"That's your destination, baby." Kyle said stopping the car.

"I'll get going now, everybody has already arrived." I said unbucking my seatbelt.

"Now just stop being hassled about the boys, I'll will go back and check on them. I will call you and make you guys speak. Alright Ms.Worrysome?" He said taking my hands in his.

I nodded and smiled at him.

"Now shoo away before you are late any further." He said said.

"Bye." I said and was about to get out of the car when Kyle stopped me.

"What happened?" I asked giving him a confused look.

"This." He said and crashed his lips onto mine. I kissed my back with the same intensity.

"Now, you can leave." He said pulling away.

I blushed and ran out of the car.

I just rushed inside the building and saw Mr.Brown waiting for me.

The inside of the firm reflected power and arrogance. It looked grand! The lobby and reception area was humungous! The colour scheming of white, grey and black gave a look of power. Surely, the CEO is loaded.

"At last!" He sighed.

"I am sorry." I said.

"That's fine. All settled?" He asked.

"Oh yes. Where are the others?" I asked.

"They are already headed to their departments." He said.

"Umm hmm... now tell me the name of the firm." I said or more like demanded.

"You didn't read the big signage on the building?" He asked shocked.

"Umm.. no. I just ran inside." I said flustered thinking about the kiss Kyle and I shared in the car.

"Well there it is then." He said and gestured towards the signage behind the reception.

I read it and my eyes widened in shock and my mouth parted slightly on it's own accord.

In capital bold italic letters it read:

"THE REDMOND ASSOCIATES"

No.no.no.no.no!

This can't be happening! Kyle won't do this to me! He will not lie to me about anything, he had promised. This is all just a coincidence! I chanted to myself.

"Of course not! He had this planned all along Paisley! He lied to you again." My conscious countered my thoughts.

"Hello Paisley?" Mr.Brown's voice brought me out of my trail of thoughts.

"Y-yes?" I said.

"You fine? You look startled! See, I know this a big firm, but there is nothing for you to be scared about, child. You are the best and finest in your work." He said.

"M-Mr.Brown, did you know about this all along? I mean the firm and everything." I said and realised how stupid I was to ask this. Of course he would know!

"Of course, Paisley. That's obvious!" He said chuckling at my stupid question.

"Why what happened?" He asked me.

"This firm is owned by my husband, Mr.Brown. Kyle Redmond is my husband." I stated.

I thought he would be surprised but no, his expression didn't even change a bit.

"Oh my god! He had planned this! You knew it! You were a part of it, weren't you?" I asked shocked as this whole scheme dawned on me.

"In my defence, Paisley. Your husband Kyle, had come to asking for help to win you back. I have seen you for the past four years, young lady. I have seen you stressed and upset over things... So, when he came to me and proved that he was honest, I had to help him. You deserve happiness! You are like a daughter to me. You practically have been after the death of Sandra." He said.

Sandra was Mr.Brown's daughter who had died because of cancer three years ago. We had become really close friends after I had joined the firm. She was only 28 at that time.

"B-but, you lied Mr.Brown!" I said tears welling in my eyes.

"I know, I did. But I lied for a good cause, if you and Kyle will be back together because of this, then what is the harm?" He said.

"It's not about Kyle.... Anyways! Please tell me did the others know about this?" I asked hoping they wouldn't and I wasn't the only one kept in the dark.

He averted his gaze from me and nodded.

"Oh goodness! I was the only one lied to! Why?" I wisphered keeping my anger at bay to try avoiding a scene from being created.

"I had to! I told them because I knew, I had to assure them. You had Kyle here to take care of everything and they didn't have anyone. They had the right to know about it! I had asked them to keep this information from you till we arrived here at the firm." He stated.

"And did I not deserve to know about it?" I asked tightening my grip over my bag.

"I am sorry." Said Mr.Brown guilty.

I just heaved a heavy sigh. Trying to process all this.

"Now please let's get going. You have been assigned to be the head of the criminal department." He said and turned walk towards the elevator.

I followed not in a mood to talk anymore.

.......................................

It has been an hour and I am sitting here in my office, after being introduced to the staff by Kyle's P.A.

I must say I am beyond shocked!
I had thought this time round mine and Kyle's relationship won't start off with lies, that he would always be true to me atleast now.

A part of me feels all mushy and glad about him making so much of efforts to restore our marriage, but the other half is furious.

I mean now that I was here, he could have told me, it was his firm I would be working for. I feel betrayed that Mr.Brown was the one to infrom me about it and not Kyle, even after he had a chance.

Setting these thoughts away, I typed something which would sure lead to the arising of new problems, but it had to be done.

Exactly after one hour I was called by a co-worker Amanda saying the CEO was here and wanted to meet the team from USA.

Determined, I took my bag and the letter with me and went to meet Kyle.

I followed Amanda to the conference room and entered only to see ever body settling down.

After we all were settled Kyle started speaking:

"Good moring ladies and gentlemen! I am glad to meet you all here, as you all are aware of the problem faced by the firm's here in England, I would like to thank you all for co-operating with us." He said and paused only to continue again. "I own a large amount of shares in your firm back in New Jersey, as you all know it. That is the reason I asked Mr.Brown for assistance. I hope you would all settle here well and good. Feel free to come and ask my P.A about anything that concerns work, you or the houses given to you all. My team and I would be glad to help you all and congratulations on our collaboration!" He completed. This entire time he avoided making eye contact with me, knowing he was in a trouble.

After discussing of a few more things, Kyle and everybody else retreated back to their cabins.

"I hope you are fine now, Paisley." Mr.Brown said from behind.

"Yes." I replied breifly.

"What now?" He asked.

"Nothing, Mr.Brown, I'll see you in a bit. I have to go and see Mr.Redmond at the moment." I said in clipped professional tone and walked towards Kyle's cabin.

I knocked on the door and heard an authoritative and commanding "Come in."

Taking a deep breath I entered the room.

"Hey love!" Kyle looked up from his laptop and stood up walking towards me trying to pull me in for a hug, but I backed away.

"Distance please Mr.Redmond." I said and he frowned.

"What's wrong, darling?" He asked trying to act confused.

"You very well know it, Mr.Redmond." I replied.

"Stop calling me Mr.Redmond! Tell me what is it." He said calmly.

"Well for starters, you lied to me again!" I said with a sarcastic smile.

"Come let's sit and talk." He said tugging onto me hand and took me to the couch.

"Now tell me." He said.

"You still have the nerve to ask me what is wrong? Well if you are so oblivious to the fact, then please read this." I spat taking out the neatly folded paper from my bag handing it to him.

"What's this?" He asked.

"See for yourself, please!" I said irritatedly.

Once he opened the letter, instantly his features hardened and his muscle tensed.

"I am not accepting this! I will not accept your f*cking resignation letter!" He shouted and crumbled the piece of paper tossing it away.

"You don't have any other choice, Mr.CEO! You have to accept this!" I said through gritted teeth and stood up.

"As you just said, I am the CEO and I refuse to accept it. Please, Paisley don't be like that." He said and stood up to.

"Don't be like what, Kyle? You still have the audacity to tell me to not be like that!?" I spat.

"I lied to you, I know. But I had to, when I had planned this all with Mr.Brown, you were hell bent on divorcing me. I had to do something, I needed a backup plan! I am sorry but you have to understand my concern as well." He said and walked closer to me.

"Planing plotting is all you think about, Kyle!? Okay fine agreed, that you had your own set of things to worry about and I was hell bent on divorcing you at the time, but what after everything between us was starting to sort out!The day we decided about settling here in London with the boys, you could have told me but you didn't. Why?" I said lowly.

"I know I should have, okay? I wanted to but I didn't want to spoil it between us. Yesterday after you showered I had come to tell you about this, but that Dawson called you and I stopped." He said.

"So? After that also you had time, you had the chance to tell me about it this morning at breakfast or in the car, but you didn't! If you would have wanted to tell me the truth about all this deserately, you would have informed me about it. You would have confessed!" I stated.

"Of course, I should have. But, I considered the fact that you would know about it today itself, so I refrained." He tried to reason out.

"That still doesn't not cover your lies!" I retorted resisting the urge to punch him.

"I am sorry, Paisley! I have been a bastard to hide it from you, but I had to. I couldn't risk you leaving me, again. Please forgive me." He said.

"Saying sorry after every mistake doesn't slove things always. You again lied to me, our relationship again started off with lies! I feel so betrayed, Kyle! I felt so lost when Mr.Brown came and told me about all this, it should have been you, Kyle. You were suppose to be the one to tell me, not him." I said with my mind emotionally unstable.

"I am sorry, baby. I reckon how you feel, but I had no other option. I just couldn't. I apologise that you had to find out about it like this, but please forgive me." He said.

"Why didn't you tell me, Kyle?" I asked.

"I was scared!" He said.

"Scared of what?" I asked as frown marred my face.

"Leave it, you wouldn't understand." He said and turned around facing away from me.

"Why wouldn't I understand, huh? Try and tell me!" I demanded.

"Damn it! I was and I am afraid of loosing you again! You leaving me again is not something I can handle! I just can't okay!" He said and turned around. My heart clenched at the sight of his face.
Fear, pain, hurt were the emotions splattered across his face, he looked so vulnerable as if he would break any second. Tears brimed in his eyes making me feel helpless.

"You have nothing to be afarid of, Kyle." I said cupping his face.

"You don't have to be afraid of loosing me anymore! I just gave you the resignation letter because I wanted to leave the firm, not you. If I would have wanted to leave, I would have left the very moment I got to know about this. I told you this before and I am telling you this again. So, you better listen to me carefully! I have come here because I wanted to, I am here because I want to live with you and our children for the rest of my life! I want to give our marriage a second chance! So, I am not going away, now. Get it?" I said still cupping his face.

"You aren't just saying to make me feel better about all this, right?" He asked his voice drenched with insecurity. putting his hands over mine.

"Not at all!" I said smiling.

"Thank you Paisley! I can't even express how greatful I am to you for this. Thank you for not leaving me, baby. I love you too much, too handle you leaving me now. I am sorry for all this." He said and leaned his forehead against mine.

"I am not leaving and I will not leave, Kyle. You have nothing to fear." I said and pecked his lips.

He nodded and hugged me close to his chest.

"Now no more secrets and lies between us." I said my cheek pressing against his built chest.

"No more lies or secrets!" He repeated and pulled me even more closer to him if that was possible.

We both just stood there savoring the moment between us.

Finally everything was getting back on track.

But little did I know there was storm waiting ahead of us, that could break us apart forever.

.....................................

Hey Babies!

Paisley and Kyle's bedroom above.

I hope this made up for the long wait. I was suppose to publish this chapter last night but fell asleep. Lol.

So, things are going smooth till now. Paisley has started to have a transformation of feelings. She is softening towards Kyle now.
Poor Kyel is still fearful that Paisley might leave me:(

Please share you views about this chapter and story with me. It helps me to write.

I want to thank each one of you for supporting me till now. It's only because of your people's support and love I continue to write.

I hope you like it.

Kindly vote, comment and share.

Until next time:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397 47 9
You know what sad about love?its when you happen to know that there's just no hope for you being together yet you still pray to make it work. Its whe...
109K 2.7K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
2.8M 79.6K 64
Love. It was infuriating yet strangely addicting. It swirls in unknown waters, testing its limits before striking. The sensation of its claws diggin...
455K 14.1K 46
Part two of the Hurt of billionaire. ************************************************************************************************ "Sir, Please le...