Lana Parrilla Saved Me

By lparrillaa

She sat on her bed, waiting to be free. Thoughts in her head that she was better off dead. The poster of her... More

Lana Parrilla was staring at me
I took a deep breath, closed my eyes and let go
I can't leave until you know me
It can't be! Lana wrote back?
I didn't feel sad anymore
Fred, she's just incredible
I was under the same roof as Lana
She looked directly in my eyes
I was about to really look Lana Parrilla in the eyes
You are one very special individual, Christie
"I'll see you again my love" Lana said with tears forming
'I don't know babe, but it looks like you should be worried'
I knew what I had to do next...
"You can't save me anymore Lana, no one can"
I will get you better
I don't care if it makes you hate me
My eyes rolled and I fell to the floor
I'm talking to her
It was a matter of time before I found out
We just had to find out why she was so broken.
Then I was scared
She had no choice about it
She had one single tear that fell
What the hell did I just do?
'I'm sorry, I tried'
Was that a bad thing, or a good thing?
The happy part of the dream that wasn't going to happen
I hadn't talked to him in ages
Things were getting better
Because of happiness
Wednesdays

A very sad, dark mind.

1.2K 44 6
By lparrillaa

Christie's pov

I knew what I had to do next. Just as I was about to stand up on the edge, I heard someone's foot steps on the metal stairs. I cowered back into the corner. Because of the mind space I was in, I thought it was a murderer or something. I don't know, I was so confused. The cold was making me disorientated. I hid behind the blanket that was wrapped around me and waited for who ever it was to reveal themselves. It was Lana. When I saw her face, I felt nothing and that is when I knew I was truly ready to die so I made no hesitation to stand on the ledge. It was raining hard and I was getting colder. Lana screamed out some words to try and stop me from doing what I was about to do. I didn't care. I just wanted to feel no more emotions because I was just so tired of being alive. I told her how sorry I was and she frowned and tilted her head. I didn't think she cared if I was dead or alive, but I knew deep down that she wouldn't of come all the way back to the UK if she didn't care. I held out my hand where the charm she gave me lay and I fell. I felt my body hit the ground and I instantly went unconscious. That is all I remember. 

....

Lana's pov

'HELP. SOMEBODY HELP, PLEASE' I was screaming at the top of my lungs for about five minutes. A couple of teenagers came running out of a house because they heard my screams.

'What's happened? Oh my gosh, its Christie! Is she okay?' one boys said. They both knew her from school and they turned out to be good friends of hers so they were obviously terrified for her life.

'Of course she isn't okay. Does she look okay to you? Ring a bloody ambulance!' I demanded. My whole body was soaked from the rain and it was starting to get cold but I had to focus on keeping Christie alive. I kept on slapping her face to wake her up but she wasn't moving. I regularly checked her pulse and it stayed the same, which could've been good or bad depending on how you look at it. 

'U-um, it looks like she jumped. I don't know, there is this woman with her and she obviously knows her. We know her, she's from our school and her name is Christie. Um, we are at the abandoned building on Oldbury Street' the young man was stressing to the paramedic. I could only hear his one-sided conversation. He was told to stay on the phone until the ambulance arrived. As soon as I heard the blaring sirens of the ambulance and saw the flashing blue lights, I felt more hopeful and at peace to know that Christie would be in the best hands. The two paramedics ran straight to us with huge green bags on their. 

'What happened here? Whats her name? Do you know her?' one paramedic said while checking her pulse. 

'Y-y-yes. Her name is Christie but how we know each other is an awkward situation to explain right now" I said. 

'Okay, I know you're scared but I need you to stand back please? he said. 'Christie, darling. I'm a paramedic, can you hear me?' he said. 

She started to become conscious and she was making soft grunts as if she was in pain and she had her eyes half open but they were rolling. Her head was rolling around too because of the distress she was in. I stood by the two boys who were trying to cover up their tears. We watched as they hocked her up to machines and put her on a stretcher. Her head and neck were supported by braces. I looked to the boys, aware of how young and scared they must have felt so I stood in the middle of them and I held their hands. I saw some of the tension they had leave their body. At this point, I really needed Fred with me. My mind went to another place and I started to think about if I wasn't there when she jumped and if she was laying there in the grass alone potentially dying. They lifted her into the ambulance and the paramedic said I should go with her. I hugged the boys and told them they would know what happens as soon as possible probably by their school. The ambulance rushed through traffic and skipped traffic lights. Again, I felt like I was in a typical American film. Christie was unconscious again and the paramedic said it was probably the cold. She was wrapped in a foil blanket and I was in a blue fleece blanket. 

'Is she going to be okay?' I said as I started to cry.

'You have my word when I that the doctors and nurses are going to do everything they can to help Christie' he said as he put his hand on mine. 

The monitor that was tracking her heart beat started to race fast. I started panicking and I wanted to scream but that wouldn't have help the situation at all. Luckily, we were pulling into the emergency department as the monitor went crazy. The back doors swung open and there were a load of people on stand by ready to help Christie. The person that looked like she was in charge stepped into the back of the ambulance and started pushing on Christie's chest with both of her hands. I thought back to when I was in Miami Medical and how they do that when they need to restart or help someone's heart.

'IS SHE DYING? OH NO!' I screamed before I started crying.

'Right, can someone get her out of here please?' the woman said. I realised that I was adding to the stress. I was shown to a relatives room, even though I wasn't a relative. A nice young lady showed me to the room and she assured me that Christie looks strong and she will beat her injuries. I felt comforted but at the same time, I didn't want to hope for the best, I wanted to prepare for the worst. I saw about five people wheeling Christie in through the emergency department's reception and into another room. I waiting about an hour before someone told me I could see her. I wasn't shaking anymore because the seriousness of the situation kicked in. A different woman showed me to where Christie was lying lifelessly. I didn't know what to do. She looked so fragile. They left me alone with her and I held her hand. 

'Oh Christie, why? What is wrong?' I said to her. I assure you, I wasn't going crazy because I was talking to someone in a coma but I needed some closure and I thought talking to her would make it better. The doctor came in and woke me up. I was sat on a chair sleeping.

'Hi, sorry to wake you, are you mum?' she whispered.

'No, I'm, um, Lana. Its a kind of weird situation right now actually, but I could explain it if it helps?' I said with a smirk.

'Yes, that would probably be helpful' she said, letting out a small laugh.

'So I'm not related to Christie in any way. My name is Lana and I'm an actress from America. I received a fan mail from her a couple of months back and in the letter she sent, it said 'I can't go until you know me'. So I met her for the first time at a convention in London but when I got back to Vancouver, I realised I hadn't asked her about what she meant by that. I needed to know, so I made the split second desicion to go to her house and see her and now, here I am. Crazy right?' I said awkwardly.

'Um, just a bit. So you're an actress. Hmm interesting' she said with a small laugh. 

After the conversation she explained to me that Christie is going to be okay physically, but will take more time to make her better mentally and emotionally. Because of the severity of her injuries, they had to sedate her so she was going to be in a come for about a day. She had a head injury, a broken arm and serious bruising of the abdomen and ribs. The doctor said it was a miracle that she survived, and how the rain making the grass wet was our only saving grace. She said about when Christie came into hospital because of her overdose and they had to now treat this as a serious suicide attempt. They could only tell if she had suffered any brain damage when she woke up. Her parents were called and about half an hour later, they came rushing through the door. When they saw me holding her hand, they calmed down. 

'Lana! Where did you find her?' her dad said.

'The abandoned building she goes to for peace' I said calmly with a semi smile.

'Oh, of course. Why didn't we think of that the first time?' he mother said, lowering her tone.

I filled them in with what was happening and they thanked me. They asked me to stay for a couple of weeks to help them get Christie back on her feet physically and mentally, and I agreed. They were ever so kind. They even gave me their house key! They told me to get some rest, and although I wanted to stay with Christie, I knew I should give them some space to be with their daughter. I bent down and kissed Christie on the forehead and hugged her parents. I thanked the staff and told them I would be back the next day. It was about 11:00am when I got to Christie's house. I opened the door and I was greeted by a lovely puppy called Sophie. I wondered why they didn't tell me about her but then I realised they had bigger things to worry about. She was crying so I picked her up and went into the kitchen. It was a very modern house and the kitchen was huge. She didn't have any food bless her. I filled her bowl and went upstairs to find the spare room they said I could use. My luggage was already on the bed. I was feeling nosy so obviously I took a look around, duh. I saw a door saying "Christie's Room, warning!' I let out a small laugh and opened the door. It was immaculate. Her bed was made and curtains were drawn open. I guessed she wanted to leave it clean for her parents. I walked around and I was confronted with a wall plastered with my face and Jennifer Morrison's face. Christie definitely wasn't lying when she said she was a fan. A rush of sadness came over me because I could see that Christie was a normal teenager, but with a very sad, dark mind. I went into the room I was staying in and lay down on my back. I was shattered. I told myself I was going to see Christie as soon as I woke up. I stared at the ceiling and broke down in tears. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 112 34
"Every time I close my eyes It's like a dark paradise No one compares to you But there's no you, Except in my dreams tonight." -Lana Del Rey TW: Grap...
2K 20 36
She thought she would have the best time of her life, but damn did she think wrong.
6.1K 163 23
Lily is a foster child from London. She loves everything Lana Parrilla, and she loves the series Once upon a time. She looks up to Emma, as she belie...
1.3K 104 48
As the song says: "Dont, try to make me stay, or ask if Im ok. I dont have the answer..." Thats exactly how Lana felt. She'd fallen inlove with the w...