You Are Mine - Free! Iwatobi...

By Xeonyaa

❤[{ 1st place in the Rin Matsuoka Category - Free! Watty Awards 2015 }]❤ ❤[{ NO.1 in the Rin Matsuoka Categor... More

❣Introduction❣
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 - Part One
Chapter 16 - Part Two
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 ~Christmas Special Part One~
Chapter 26 ~Christmas Special Part Two~
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44 - Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 43

2.9K 87 23
By Xeonyaa

Chapter 43

*Emi's POV*

Walking slowly down the deserted road, I looked up at the looming sky. The stars hung over me like a cloak, making me feel somewhat safe, even If it was already dark. 

'One more day and then I'll be gone, huh...' I thought, chuckling to myself. It was the final night, the night that I was dreading for a few weeks. Tomorrow, I would be flying out to Australia, pursuing my dream, starting a new life. The thought of making new friends and living with a completely different culture didn't phase me at all, in fact the one thing that scared me the most was well... right in front of me.

All of the messages saying that they'd miss me, saying that they would wait for me to 'come back' hadn't sunk in till now. Makoto, Haru, Nagisa, Rei, Kiyo and Kou... was I being selfish? Should I have really accepted that letter in the first place? Like hell If I know. All I know now is that I have no other choice. 

I came to an abrupt stop outside my house, looking up with my eyebrows raised.'The lights are off? Maybe Makoto wanted to go to bed early...'

I strolled up to the front door and rummaged around in my bad until I found my keys and slipped them in the door effortlessly. 

"Hello...?" I poked my head into the hallway whilst shutting the door and taking my shoes off. I ultimately got no answer, so I shrugged it off and began to walk towards the stairs. 

Suddenly, the lights turned on and I felt someone engulf me in a hug, sending me to the floor. I was greeted with  a grinning Nagisa, who had practically jumped on me. Rei stood behind us, chuckling with a smile on his face. "Surprise!!!"

"What is this?!" I asked, pulling Nagisa from my t-shirt that he clung onto as if he became a Koala. Makoto, Haru, Kou and Kiyo surfaced from the living room, that was occupied with banners and food.

"We couldn't just leave you to go to Australia without a goodbye, could we Emi-chan?" Nagisa pulled on my T-shirt, dragging me past everyone as we entered the living room. Without hesitation, he sat me down whilst pushing everyone else down, and then sat in his own spot that he had left. "Congratulations, Emi-chan!"

"You didn't have to do this, you guys..." I laughed, although a tear escaped my eye. Quickly, I wiped it away with my sleeve as I looked up, smiling at them all. "but thank you..."

"Don't cry!!! We will come visit you! Oh, Rei-chan! We can learn English together!" Nagisa blurted out, tumbling over his own words. Rei pushed his glasses up uncomfortably, his eyebrows twitching.

"Ultimately, I'd end up teaching you, Nagisa." He sighed, ruffling Nagisa's hair. 

"Yeah, but you'd help me, right?!" Nagisa looked up to Rei with gleaming eyes.

"I'd have no choice in the matter either way..." Rei glared at Nagisa who had taken refuge on his arm. The pair of friends looked at me expectedly, waiting for me to ultimately say something that would appease both of them. 

"Hey! You can come and visit anytime you're free!" I gleamed, grabbing Nagisa's cheeks as he squirmed. "and don't rely on Rei to teach you English, Nagisa."

"I won't! I'll start learning it when I get back to my house tomorrow! Haru, Makoto, you should come too!" He squealed excitedly, as if he would jump out of his seat and begin climbing the walls any second. Sighing, I grabbed a cup from the table and got up, everyone's eyes following me. 

"I'll be right back, I'm just going to get some water." I tilted my head to the kitchen, watching everyone nod their heads in approval.

"I'll come too." Haru got up from his seat too, grabbing yet another glass from the table. Everyone resumed the conversation whilst Haru and I strolled into the kitchen, closing the door quietly behind us. 

The room grew silent as I walked up to the tap, putting my glass under it and turning the tap on. Suddenly, Haru decided to speak, making me flinch. "You aren't regretting your choices, are you?"

"...No, I don't think I am," I nodded, reassuring myself. I heard a quiet sigh from him as his glass replaced mine under the tap. "Going to Australia will be good for me."

"I didn't mean that..." He mumbled, looking me in the eye. "I mean cutting ties with Rin so quickly."

I bit my lip nervously, thinking of things to reply with, however my mind decided to go completely blank. "I... I don't know what to do..."

Haru turned the tap off, sipping from his glass of water. "Well, how do you feel about it?"

"Of course I feel angry, betrayed, broken..." I began, looking down at the floor. "but I can't change what has already happened. I cant go back and change what Rin thinks of me, I can't change the reason why he would want to break up... So it's no use. I should just get over him and carry on with my life."

"So you are willing to throw away your relationship because of one reason?" Haru asked, still looking at me with expectant eyes. "Maybe you can't change the past, but you can change the future. Figure out your true feelings and act upon them before it's too late."

He took one last sip before walking back into the room, leaving me with my own thoughts in the kitchen.

Sweat formed on my palms, my uncomfortableness showing. 'How do I feel? I can deny it, but I still inevitably love him...'

Shaking my head, I walked back into the room where everyone was, pushing it to the back of my mind. Music played quietly in the background, voices overcoming it, although my mind decided to immerse me in thoughts. 

"Emi?" Kou flicked my head, making me pull back in pain. I rubbed my forehead, trying to stop the tiny burning sensation on my head, but to no avail. "Are you OK?" 

"Yes I'm fine, why?" I questioned, looking at her whilst raising my eyebrows. She replied with simply shrugging her shoulders and resuming the conversation, leaving me with my thoughts.

.

.

.

"Come on Emi! We're leaving for the airport now otherwise you will miss your flight!" My mother called as I dragged the suitcases downstairs. Makoto followed behind me, helping me with boxes and such. 

"I think I'm ready now." I smiled, lifting the last suitcase into the car. My mother nodded, getting into the car with me and Makoto following. With one turn of a key, we began to drive to the airport, where I'd be leaving Japan for quite some time. 

"Are you nervous?" Makoto asked, touching my shoulder. I nodded in reply, slumping into my seat further. Butterflies were swarming in my stomach from the beginning of the morning, giving me no indication of how today would go. 

We drove along the road opposite the beach, before getting to the big building that would be my last steps in Japan for a while. We got a cart to hold my luggage, before pushing it towards the waiting area. 

"Flight 201 leaves in 30 minutes, please begin boarding." A booming voice came out of the speakers, signalling that it was time for me to leave.

"Remember to visit, Emi." My mother hugged me tightly, tears springing to her eyes. Makoto joined the hug, embracing us both. 

"Have fun." He chuckled, giving me a warm smile. I returned the favor, giving him a big grin as I grabbed my bags. 

"I'll try." I winked, taking a step away. "See you later."

Walking away, I felt tears welling up. Refusing to cry, I began to run towards my flight dragging all of my emotions to the back of my mind, until I heard a voice that I thought I'd never hear again.

Turning around with my eyes wide, I seized up when I saw the familiar face call to me desperately. 

"Emi!" He shouted, breathing heavily. I tried to run, however my legs wouldn't move. They couldn't move. 

And so I stood there, waiting for the words and touch I yearned for most.

.

.

.

A/N: It's been a while, hasn't  it? 5 months I think? Either way, I'm semi-back. 

I've nearly finished my exams, so I can finally get back to writing in 3 weeks time. Like my exams, this book is also coming to it's end. I'm glad I decided to write this book, because it's improved me as a writer and it has made me happy, amused and I have made some friends whilst writing on Wattpad. So I guess this is an early "thank you for reading" type of thing?

I will be publishing new stories and a one-shot book in the future, so please keep a look out for them both. 

Thank you, and I'll see you in the next update ('ω`*) ~ Toxic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566 36 9
"When you're ten, they call you a prodigy. When you're fifteen, they call you a genius. Once you hit twenty, you're an ordinary person. That's what y...
212K 4.3K 21
A bundle of different genres of Free! Iwatobi Swim Club oneshots between you and the lovely male characters. ♡ -- © Hiroko Utsumi for the characters...
125K 4.2K 54
~(^v^)~ Completed ~(^v^)~ 1st place in the Makoto Tachibana category, Free! Watty Awards 2nd place in the Free! Category, Anime Watty Awards HEADCANN...
44.3K 1.2K 35
Swimmer x Reader! You arrive at Iwatobi High School and meet 5 boys-- Haruka, Makoto, Nagisa, Rei, and Rin. You are given an option to choose only on...