Chapter 35

Chapter 35

*Emi's POV*

The fashion show was sadly our last day in Australia. Me and Rin both travelled back to Japan at night, trying to suppress the jet-lag that we were going to get soon enough. School started back up for our last term, meaning all of our exams, which I was not prepared for. Makoto however, was more than prepared.

I walked into the living room, sitting down on the sofa. I looked over my shoulder to see Makoto engrossed in something on the laptop. "Hey Makoto, What are you doing?" I asked as he turned around suddenly, noticing me.

"O-Oh, Emi! I didn't see you come in," He laughed nervously.

"Why are you so nervous? I only asked what you were doing- OR ARE YOU WATCHING PO-" I was cut off by him flailing his arms in the air.

"No! Why would you even suggest that?!" He looked at me with distressed eyes.

"Because its a possible, realistic situation, I mean you are 18 and you do-" I was once again cut off by Makoto's cries of innocence.

"Ok ok, I'm sorry," I chuckled as he calmed down, still having a slightly pink face. "So what are you actually doing?"

He looked at me nervously and then at his thumbs, twiddling them. After a few moments, he decided to look up at me, a serious look shown on his face. "I wasn't planning to tell anyone, but I have to tell you,"

"I won't tell anyone If you don't want me to," I gave him a warm smile as he got up and walked over to sit beside me on the sofa. 

"You know I teach kids how to swim?" He asked as I nodded. "Well... I've decided I want to become a swimming teacher. I was hoping to apply to a university soon,"

"Wow! I'm so happy for you!" I grinned wide, tackling him with a hug. "What university are you going to apply for?"

"I want to go to a university in Tokyo," Makoto frowned at me. "I've already decided that I want to go to that university, I haven't told anyone but you so you need to be extra quiet about it,"

"I'm still really happy for you! Even If it's in Tokyo, you will visit a lot, right? Ooh, I could visit you and we could go around Tokyo and stuff!" I giggled.

"I'm glad you are ok with it," He breathed a sigh of relief. "I just don't know what Haru will think..."

"I'm sure he will accept it!" I exclaimed. "I mean, he is one of your best friends, right? Hopefully he will understand and support you,"

"Thanks, Emi." Makoto smiled at me as he hugged me back. 

"Wait?!" I got out of the hug quickly and looked in horror. "That means you will be moving out! How am I going to live?! I'll be all aloneeeee~" 

"You will be able to handle it, jeez, you're nearly 18, which kinda classes you as an Adult," Makoto informed me, chuckling. 

"I'm nearly 18 and I still can't figure out how a washing machine works," I pouted. 

"I'll teach you before I go, I promise," Makoto winked, before walking back to the computer. "I'm gonna look into the university a bit more,"

"Okay, I'll find something to do," I sighed, walking back upstairs.

I slowly opened my bedroom door, immediately face planting onto my bed. I had way too much revision to do and so little time. I looked up lazily to see that It was nearly 12pm, the clock earning a groan from me.

Suddenly, my phone began to ring, so I got up and checked who was calling. As I picked the phone up, I clicked the answer button before it was pressed to my ear, luckily.