The White Wolf

By Walking_Smile

Sydney Watkins is just an average girl trying to make her way through high school with her not so popular fri... More

Author Note
One: Vinegar Balloons
Two: The Purple Case
Three: Big Brother
Four: Recorded
Five: The New Comer
Six: Leaning Forward
Seven: Stranger Danger & Detention
Eight: Lunch Detention
Nine: Replay and Remember
Ten: The Forest
Eleven: Race & Run
Twelve: Dreams & Voices
Thirteen: Confused
Fourteen: Poisonous Vines
Fifteen: Shower Scare
Sixteen: Dark Shadows & Cries for Help
Seventeen: The Letter
Eighteen: Secret Places & Explanations
Nineteen: The Hunt
Twenty: Conversation With a Wolf
Twenty-One: Ice Cream Chaos
Twenty-Two: Lost
Twenty-Three: Somewhere Out There in a Meadow
Twenty-Four: The Morning After
Twenty-Five: The Whole Story
Twenty-Six: Check
Twenty-Seven: Games & Dinner
Twenty-Eight: Glowing White
Twenty-Nine: Friends with Hugging Benefits
Thirty: Music & Plans
Thirty-One: Dreams, Kisses, and Fear
Thirty-Two Part 1: Cafe's Blondie
Thirty-Two Part 2: Performance Prep
Thirty-Two Part 3: Fright Night
Thirty-Three: Unexpected Help
Thirty-Four: The Escape
Thirty-Five: Mother, Son, and Searches
Thirty-Six: Running
Thirty-Eight: Staged and Free
Thirty-Nine: Hopeful Hurt
Forty: Why
Forty-One: Just Great
Forty-Two: Perfectly Calm...
Forty-Three: Glowing White Again
Forty-Four: Angry Kisses
Forty-Five: Make-Up Dinner for Four
Forty-Six: New Comrades
Forty-Seven: Shifting Moment
Forty-Eight: New Interest
Forty-Nine: Secrets Revealed
Fifty: Breaking News
Fifty-One: Road Trip
Fifty-Two: 'We'
Fifty-Three: Neck Ringing
Fifty-Four: Pandemonium
Fifty-Five: A Day Later
Fifty-Six: Prepared with a Sort of Plan...
Fifty-Seven: Drug Around
Fifty-Eight: Broken Star
Author Note

Thirty-Seven: Motel Room for Two

28K 1K 285
By Walking_Smile

Sydney

"That'll be a total of $74.99 please," The petite women behind the counter requested. She was giving us a mildly disappointed knowing look that made my stomach roll.

Elliot nodded and pulled out a fold of twenties and slipped out four.

"Keep the change." Elliot invited with a charming small smile.

The small elderly redhead smiled reluctantly at him. Sliding the money into the register she grabbed the key that had a tag with the tag 23 on it. Walking out of from behind her counter the older lady nodded, "This way please."

We followed her outside the small main building and out past various other door rooms. Stopping at the door marked 23 she unlocked the room and stepped into the darkroom.

Allowing us into the room she said, "We are doing renovations in a few of the others and the others are booked, this is the only room we have available. Will this be okay?"

My eyes immediately landed on the single king-sized bed in the middle of a fairly nice room.

For some reason, my mind flew to the thought of instead of Elliot being here with me, Jay walking into this room alongside me instead. Jay and I would be here by ourselves. Jay and I would be sharing this room. Jay and I would be sharing that bed.

Heat flooded my cheeks.

"Yes, just fine, thank you very much," Elliot thanked.

The lady nodded and handed off the keys to Elliot and left us alone.

"Sydney...Are you okay?"

Swallowing hard I looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah sorry. I was just thinking..." I drowned off.

Noticing that I wasn't going to continue on he added lightheartedly, "Don't we all."

Chuckling softly and humorlessly we shuffled about the room. Elliot dropped our bag stuffed with some necessities on the floor then rushed to the bathroom.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed I closed my eyes and let my thoughts drift back to not just Jaycen, but my brother and mom who were likely worried sick.

"Jay," I tested.

Nothing. No answer.

My wolf whimpered deep in the shallows of my mind, missing her mate.

Hey, I tried calling to her.

It was almost as if I could feel the shadowy movement of my wolf, but she didn't speak.

Sighing I decided instead of moping around I should probably clean myself up a little, at least clean I might feel a little better. In the mirror on the dresser, I observed not just the layer of dirt and grime coating my skin, but my eyes rang so sad and lonely.

Grabbing one of the little towels from the sink outside the bathroom, I dampened it. Wiping my face I could see I was visibly paler than normal.

"Time to call your Mate." Elliot's voice interrupted suddenly.

I jumped a little spooked.

Looking to him I just nodded and sat in the comfy chair beside the desk. Elliot took the chair pushed into the desk then handed me the phone.

"What's his number?" Elliot asked.

My stomach twisted again. At first, panic set in at the thought of being stranded again. But then another thought sank in me.

I don't even know his number? What does that say about our dating?

Elliot's head tilt pulled me back to the forefront, "Hm, good questions...I don't remember his number so I'll just call Mat. He's bound to pick up."

Elliot nodded.

Dialing in Mat's number I put the phone to my ear and listened to the perpetual ringing.

"Ring...Ring...Ri-What?" Mat demanded ticked off.

"Mathew..." I whispered in a flood of relief and emotion.

There was a pause. "Sydney."

Before I could answer I heard Mat start to panic, "Jay wai-"

Then there was a thump and it sounded like the other end of the phone hit the ground making me pull the phone away from my sensitive ears.

Jay growled in the distance. "You are on the phone with my missing mate! I'm going to break every single one of your fingers!"

"No no! Jay! Jaycen! Pick up the phone!"

There was quite, but then I heard the phone scratching around. "Sydney!" Jay breathed.

A smile found my lips, "Jaycen..."

"Sydney where the hell are you?!"

"I'm safe for now. I'll tell you where I am if you promise not to hurt Elliot..."

"What!? Where are you?! Sydney you've been gone for four days! And here you are picking that mutt over your safety! I'm here worried sick and you're-you're I don't even know how to finish this sentence! When I lay eyes on him, I'm going to kill him for taking what's mine, nothing you say will change my mind, you're safety is the most imp-"

"Jay, Jaycen, Hon, stop. Just stop. I'm not choosing him over you. You're my mate. I would never trade you for anyone else. Okay?" With those words, I knew they were true. The nerves in my stomach settled. I had only somewhat gotten to know him over the last week of us knowing that each other existed, but I knew that Jay would be it for me and he was the only 'it' for me.

"...Where are you Star?" He asked gruffly.

"Promise you won't hurt him."

"Not promising that."

"Jaycen! I'm serious! He saved me from Logan! And who knows what he was going to do to me down there..."

"You've been in a cellar the past four days?" He inquired emotionless.

"I don't know. I think." Looking to Elliot I raised an eyebrow assuming he too could hear the phone conversation.

"You got there early yesterday morning or maybe late night before. So you've only been in there a day or so..." Elliot answered slightly uncomfortable.

"Is he in the room with you?" Jay growled deadly.

"Yes Jay. And no I was only in that room since yesterday morning..."

"Fucking bastard. I swear I'm going to kill him and string him up by his-"

"Jay, not the poin-"

"Yes, it fucking is Sydney! He took you from me! Right under my nose! Who knows what he was planning to do to you in that cellar." He snorted cynically, "But then again this is completely my fault. I mean I can't even protect my own fucking mate! I'm-I'm a damn failure..."

Frustration boiled in me. "Jay, call me back when you're ready to come to get me and Elliot after you get over your little pity party. You should know I don't blame you, that this isn't your fault. But if you can't look at this situation maturely, and understand people make mistakes, then you need to look at yourself before you and I can be together."

"Wait Sy-"

Reluctantly, but firmly, I hung up on him.

"Sydney! Why the hell did you do that?!" Elliot asked seeming to retain some sort of anger.

"Why are you so mad?" I asked getting angry myself.

"Because you have a mate and you flat out shot him down! You're supposed to help him through this!"

"Elliot he was going to hurt you! And no, I'm not saying that I chose you over him, but he can't just go around killing people because we shop at the same grocery store and he doesn't like the way someone looks at me! But Elliot I don't under why you're ma-"

The next thing I knew where his lips were on mine.

☽✣☾

Logan

My own fucking brother tricked me! He stole the one thing he knew could hurt me and ruin my plan.

And that little bitch was going to get it for making my idiot brother fall for her.

I paced back and forth in my room planning on what to do next.

What would Elliot do? What would Elliot do? I chanted in my head.

He'd ditch the vehicle they used and hide them somewhere...Then he'd likely find a way to deliver the girl back to her bastard mate. My wolf said ending it in a growl.

You're right. I'm going to go and get the girl. The only problem is I have no idea where they would have stopped.

If only I could track the scent of the vehicle.

Yeah if only...Wait. I thought.

What? My wolf asked.

Goddamn! There is a tracker in the car!

What do you mean?

Remember when Haley said she lost her phone in the SUV...

Then why the hell are we still here?

With that, I was out for blood. Specifically that bitch's blood.

☽✣☾

Elliot

I lost it. I just lost it. And it was entirely my fault. Sydney looked hurt and she looked so amazing when she was angry.

My lips just found hers.

Not even five seconds passed before I was flying across the room.

Crumpling to the ground I looked up and saw a furious Sydney.

"Elliot what the hell?!"

Damn. Now I have hell to pay.

☽✣☾

EDITED JUNE 29 2020

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 953 112
When I locked my gaze with hers, everything became clearer. While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I whispered with despai...
179K 6.1K 30
FIX ME ALPHA Emily Presto had a rough start in life. When she gets accepted into Nashmoore University, she can't help but feel hope for a bright futu...
3.9K 262 16
After the lunar goddess turned her back on her children, the wolves of the modern world have had to adapt. Artificial mating bonds were created and m...
1.3K 10 39
As the white wolf stared into my cyan blue eyes, he started to change back to normal. He came closer to me and my back hits the tree, he pulled me in...