Dark Descendant

由 Bella-234

Sequel to New Beginnings. Rosie and Mary are the next generation in the Clayton pack and will one day be the... 更多

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 15 a
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part One)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 6

2.2K 58 2
由 Bella-234

As Saturday got closer I started to panic more and more about hanging out with Ty. I knew we wouldn't be a alone since where he goes so does Rob and Andy, but it is so different being with someone in school and then hanging out outside of it. The whole dynamic changes. As ridiculous as this sounds I'm as nervous as I would be if this was a date. Which is crazy. Unless I'm planning to have three boyfriends. The thought makes me snicker and I shake my head to get rid of it. Andy and Rob would make a boring harem of male suitors.

I hadn't told Mary about my plans for Saturday because I still feel guilty that I haven't spoken to him for her, I have had plenty of opportunities at college to do it but each time I start to mention it I stop myself. Anyway Mary is a bit preoccupied this week, the Saturday after this is her birthday/ coming out party... whatever you want to call it and she is putting all her attention into it. I have helped her all I can with the preparations but as it gets closer she gets more and more frantic about the finer details and it is now at the point where it is just easier to let her do it herself and just 'umm' and 'ah' in the right places, whilst simultaneously nodding my head.

I have been thinking about what Ty said, he mentioned that we could do whatever I wanted today, so I have planned the whole day out... I don't know how he will take my chosen activity and I know that it may seem evil but I haven't got another chance to do this and I'm running out of time.

"You're kidding right? What's wrong with that one?" Ty calls exasperated from the other side of the curtain.

"The colour wasn't right." I call back whilst pulling the dress off and turning to choose the next one to try. Mary's party is in a week and I still have nothing to wear and considering she keeps saying how amazing her dress is the pressure is really on.

Ty wasn't too happy when I told him what I wanted to do today but in the end I persuaded him to take me to our local shopping centre. In a crazy turn of events we are on own... Rob and Andy are nowhere to be seen and when I asked where they were I just got a noncommittal kind of dismissal instead on an actual answer. It was awkward at first and I had no clue what to talk about but as the day has progressed we have fallen into an easy steady flow of conversation.

Sliding another dress on and zipping up the back as far as I could I look in the mirror and smile, this could be the one. Tentatively I pull the curtain back and move out into the hall of the dressing room where Ty can see me. His gaze travels from my legs upwards and as he judges my appearance I begin to feel self-conscious, I can't remember how smooth my legs are and maybe the dress is a little too tight on my stomach. His gaze lingers a little too long. I tug at the hem pulling it a little more down my thighs.

"Maybe not then." I say quickly whilst retreating back to the safety of my cubicle.

"Hold on a second, that one looked really good!" He calls back to me.

"Do you think?"

"Best one you've tried all day... trust me." He mumbles. I don't need much persuasion I had liked this one from the moment I zipped it up I just needed a second opinion.

"This one it is then."

"Yes!" He shouts, a little too energetically, I'm sure the whole shop can hear him, honestly you'd think he was forced here against his will. "Finally, why did I agree to come to this again?" He continues.

"Because I said I'd buy you dinner if you were helpful and you said we could do whatever I wanted to do today." I remind him. "So, your choice, where do you want to go to eat?"

"Seriously you have never heard the song?" I shake my head. "Ed Sheeran and Example?"

"Sorry no."

"But you're an Ed Sheeran fan?"

"Of course. Example is more Oli's thing though." I feel a pang in my stomach as I think about my friend who i haven't spoken to in about two weeks. Maybe it's time to forgive and forget.

"You can't be a fan of him until you hear the Nando's Skank and that's a fact."

"Right." I reply unconvinced. Nandos is Ty's choice of restaurant and it's my first time in here, basically it is all chicken, chicken breasts, chicken wings, chicken thighs. "Anyway." I say trying to change the subject, "Do you know what I am going to call you from now on?" Ty looks dubious but I just continue "My gay best friend." Ty's face is a picture as he splutters and begins to cough up strips of chicken, I throw my arms over my plate to cover my own food from his flying germs, I can't stop laughing at his reaction which is better than I could have dreamed. He composes himself and takes a big swig of his coke.

"Just why?"

"Because you came dress shopping with me, gave me opinions picked out colours. That kind of thing, it was fun." Winding him up is so easy.

"Rosie, I'm not gay." He states totally serious.

"Really? But I thought... oh well this is awkward. So you and Rob aren't..."

"No! Rosie I can't believe... what about?... I mean did you really think I was gay?"

The confusion in his eyes is what makes me break character as I start laughing and just can't stop. "No Ty I didn't, but your face was priceless." I somehow manage to get out through my laughter.

"Good because as you obviously know, I'm all about the ladies."

"Yeah you're a regular ladies man aren't you?" I raise a sceptical eyebrow. I still rarely see him talk to anyone else let alone girls at college.

"Too right." He says with pride and conviction.

"So that's why you are always with Rob and Andy and never talk to any girls is it?"

"No I'm always with Rob and Andy because I have to be and I don't talk to people because it's safer that way." His eyes widen at what he just said and he sits back in his chair suddenly uncomfortable.

"What does that mean?" I ask carefully.

"Nothing." He says too quickly. Which causes alarm bells to go off in my head. What do I really know about this boy in front of me?

"Ty." I say in a warning tone.

"It's nothing so drop it okay?" His tone is serious and his request is borderline an Alpha command, so I do as he asks but it's under an unspoken duress. The rest of the meal is not as carefree and there is a tension between us, that fact that he has basically admitted that it isn't safe to be around him is worrying and stays in the corner of my mind and everything I say is measured so I can assess his replies.

When the bill comes I take out my purse. "I got this." Says Ty as he throws down a fifty pound note.

"No I said I was treating you!" I protest.

"Well I just treated you." He says with an evil grin, well two can play at this game, as he makes his way out of the restaurant I take my own money and slip it into his jacket pocket, what is it with guys and having to act manly?

"So what now?" Ty asks as I begin to amble aimlessly down the shopping centre, all previous tension dissolving into the air around us.

"Erm I'm not..."

"Rosie! Rosie!" I sigh at the familiar voice calling my name and turn to see Oli battling the crowds to get to where we are stood.

"What do you want Oli?" I say unintentionally frostily. Thinking about forgiving him was easy but looking at his face now with his innocent puppy dog eyes and I just feel annoyed all over again. And he's interrupting my date... is this a date? No. No guy would consider dress shopping a date.

"It's been two weeks, I want you say you forgive me." He pleads whilst simultaneously giving Ty the once over.

"Ty this is Oli, Oli, Ty." I hastily do the introductions I've spoken about Oli Ty but I don't think they have ever actually met.

"Oli." Ty frowns. "I've heard... a lot about you." There's a weir energy between them and what looks like a staring contest. I turn back to the task at hand.

"I'm sorry Oli, but I'm not at that stage yet, I'll find you when I am." I don't usually hold grudges but I find that I actually don't want to be in his presence and until that feeling goes away I'm going to leave this relationship as it is, as I turn to walk away Oli grabs my hand and pulls me back.

"Come on Rosie you're being..." But that's all he gets to say as he is winded and crumbles to the ground panting for breath, I look at Ty in shock who looks back at me with a frightening anger in his eyes and shaking fists.

"We better get out of here." He decides before taking my hand and pulling me towards the exit, in shock I let myself be led away but I look back at Oli, he didn't deserve that, and if Ty's grip wasn't so tight I would go back and help him.

Sitting back in the Range Rover I take a brief moment to admire the soft interior leather before I swivel in my seat to look at Ty, the words I have on the tip of my tongue are ready to lash out but what I see makes them dissolve before the first syllable is uttered. He has his head on the top of the steering wheel and his fists seem to be crushing the bottom, I subconsciously rub the spot on my arm where he had latched on moments before and I'm glad he's taking out the real anger on the wheel.

"Ty." I state more delicately Han I had originally intended. "What was that about?"

"I'm sorry Rosie." He says in a whisper that a human would have missed "So sorry."

"It's alright." I can't help but feel the need to reassure him. It wasn't alright but I can make that point when he is more relaxed... I'm not going to poke the bear... wolf. "Just tell me what's going on."

All of a sudden he is on edge and sits bolt upright in his seat. "There is nothing going on. " He almost growls. "I just get a little angrier than most wolves and it's hard to control."

"You don't need to get grumpy with me Ty." I say defensively, subconsciously I've pressed myself up against the car door as far away from him as I can get and my hand has found the door handle. Despite my wariness I try again. "I just want to help... in any way I can."

"Well there isn't a cure it's just something I have to live with and keep in check." He takes a couple of deep breaths, in through his nose and out through his mouth. His voice is thankfully back to a normal talking level. "I think it's time I got you home." This is a surprise to me but isn't a completely unwanted turn of events half of me wants to be home again, where it's safe. But as he puts the key in and turns on the ignition I see that he has made up his mind and my heart falls a little in my chest. The other half of me isn't ready for this day to end. Until Oli came along we were having a nice day.

Oli! I had forgotten all about him. I feel even guiltier now and I make a mental note to really make an effort to get over this fight.

Pulling up outside my house I turn in my seat to face Ty and find that I have to break the silence first.

"Thanks for a... nice day out." He laughs but it's not friendly and holds more than a hint or sarcasm. "I guess I'll see you on Monday." I add reaching for the door handle.

"Rosie, I think we need a redo." He rubs his face with his hands before turning to look at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I kind of ruined this day out didn't I?" I nod which is more only a slight move of my chin but he sees it. "So I think we need to go out again only this time I will pay for dinner." I turn bright red as he produces the screwed up notes from his coat pocket.

"Noticed that did you." I do my best angelic smile. "Okay that would be nice." I climb down from the car.

"Oh and I won't be in school this week, I have... stuff to do. So have a good one" The disappointment I feel hits harder than I thought possible but I plaster an easy going smile on my face.

"You will be at Mary's party though right?"

"Wouldn't miss it." He says with a smile. "I didn't spend hours trailing around stores looking for dresses not to see the final product... but don't forget to ACCESSORIZE dahrrrrling!" He says with a flourish of his hand. I practically choke on air before I can burst out laughing.

"Good." I wipe a tear from my eye. "Well goodbye Ty."

"Bye Rosie." And with that I turn and walk down my garden path, not looking back, playing it cool. This week will be a boring one without him but at least I now have something to look forward too, bring on next Saturday.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

499K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...
182 16 17
When Blake Knight first became the Alpha to his pack, a witch tricked him into being her mate. After their 5 year anniversary he learned it was all a...
496K 21.6K 106
Sequel to *Her Wolf Alpha* Began 9/27/2016 Highest ranking: #2 in twists *COMPLETED* Katlyn and Clayton's son is growing up. Kaden Ravenwolf must fin...
11.4K 463 17
This is about an Alpha wolf finding her mate then having to face challenges with leading her pack and crazy rogues roaming their territory.