Temporarily His

By lalamusicisme

He needed a wife for his company, she needed money for her family. "Blaze the last thing I want you to do bef... More

Temporarily His
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39*END*
Chapter 40*Epilogue*
Chapter 41*Bonus*
Deleted Scenes + More

Chapter 27

410K 7.3K 1.8K
By lalamusicisme

So yeah sorry for the wait! remember to comment and vote!!!! This song makes so much sense doesnt it? This chapter is dedicated to the girl who helped me fix most of Lana's spanish speaking parts, and I'm sorry if I forgot to fix some just message me and I'll go change it. Thanks for all the comments also!!! Let's top last weeks!

How do I get, closer to you
When you keep, it all on mute
How will I know the right way
To love you usually the queen of figuring out

Breaking down a man is no work out

But I have no clue how to get through to you

I wanna hit you
Just to see if you cry
I keep knocking on wood
Hoping there's a real boy inside

If the past is the problem, our future could solve them, baby

I could bring you to life if you let me inside, baby
It'll hurt but in the end,
You'll be a man and understand

Artist: Katy Perry

Song: Mannequin

Not edited in anyway this time.

Sage’s Pov.

“Now Sage, don’t overreact. It’s just a smile.” Blaze tried to shrug off, but he couldn’t and I wouldn’t let him. I beamed at him, and grabbed his arm with the picture and drug him into the bedroom. I sat him down on the bed and ran into the closet where I kept my old pants that had the picture I stole from Blaze’s picture box back at the mansion.

I bound out of the closet and showed Blaze the other picture of him smiling for comparison purposes. The one I kept was very much older, and this new one seemed a little more genuine.

He tried glaring at me, but I could see through it, “Sage what did I tell you about going into my office.”

I shrugged, “Blaze this is momentous for me okay. It means that you might just be human! Now don’t ruin this for me. I need you to get into the Christmas spirit. You already gave me my Christmas gift.”

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion, “Sage no I didn’t, your gift is under the tree.”

“Your smile was enough! That’s a goal I’ve been trying to accomplish since I got here.” He just shook his head and pulled me down on his lap for a hug. He cradled me like a baby shaking his head, his black hair a lot longer than when I first met him. I reached up and ran a hand through it.

“Do it again,” I asked quietly. I avoided all eye contact for thirty seconds and then when I looked into his eyes, they were bright seas of green, like I could just get lost in them.

“Sage,” He laughed and this time he had a genuine smile on his face.

“I mean if this is all you wanted for Christmas; it could have saved me all the stress and time that it took looking for the perfect present.” He frowned, erasing the smile it took me six months to get.

“But then it wouldn’t have been genuine. What made you smile back there?” I asked staring at our intertwined hands, watching him play with my fingers. My mind was nowhere near the non-real factor; I was just focused on his answer.

“I was just thinking about something Sage. Let’s no drag it out.” He looked away towards the closed balcony.

“Okay, I won’t push you. Now come on our friends are waiting. I think Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer is on, and my favorite Christmas special of all time, A Nine Dog Christmas.” I got out of his arms pulling him into the living room. He flipped me around and pinned me to the closest wall.

“Don’t pull me,” He smiled at me playfully flicking my nose. I crinkled my nose up, and laughed. I didn’t expect what happen next.

“Of course I knew you couldn’t possibly be doing any work with her around. Exactly why you should have been at the office.” Blaze’s eyes closed tight and he tensed, I swear I could feel the ice that was building up. I would play the obedient role this time, because I knew how he was around his father.

Once his eyes opened he pulled away from me to face his father. “I figured because it’s getting close to Christmas, and that the office isn’t open, I could spend some time with Sage.”

“We talked about this, she should understand by now.” It was silent for a couple of minutes before I spoke up.

“I don’t want to cause any trouble; I didn’t mean to distract him. The holiday had me too excited and I dragged Blaze into.” I looked up at the man with the straight face that resembled Blaze quite a bit, but you could see the difference that Aurie made by being Blaze’s mother

“Well next time keep my son out of it, isn’t that why these friends of his are always over, to keep you company.” Then he turned his cold brown eyes away from me and directed them on our friends who were sitting on the floor playing Uno. “Aubrey, Mark, Zachary, Lana.” He said nodding his head to them as if only acknowledging their presence.

Zac glared at him for calling him Zachary but Mr. Colton didn’t pay him any attention, he directed his attention back to Blaze and I.

“You remember our talk Blaze; I expect to see you soon.” He then turned on his nice, shiny, expensive dress shoes and walked out of the door. An awkward silence waved over the group, and I could see Blaze’s face think for a second if he should stay with us or listen to his dad. But we all knew what he would choose that wouldn’t be anything we would have to guess. Work comes before everything; everyone.

He didn’t even make eye contact he just turned around and walked straight into the bedroom. I guess everyone else realized that Blaze needed his space.

Once everything was cleaned up everyone made their way towards the door. “Sage, its cold and I mean Blaze is going to be in there for the rest of the night, let’s go to Starbucks.” Mark offered, and this time I took their offer. I didn’t want to be stuck in a house doing nothing while Blaze ignored me.

Though California was much warmer compared to the Midwest—where I stayed for a couple of weeks during winter break when I was twelve to visit my Father’s parents. I remember just to go outside I bundled up in my heavy, thick, furry coat that my father insisted on buying without my approval, my boots and my scarf. The winter was definitely there, with its harsh, icy winds that nipped at your ears or any exposed flesh. My dad decided it would be funny to throw me in the snow, which resulted in both of us getting sick, and eating hot chicken noodle soup for the next three days.

I shook my head from the reverie I was in about my dad; I just wished he could have met Blaze. Well even though I probably wouldn’t have met Blaze though. But maybe we would’ve been destined to meet but it would be a different situation or something.

I could only wonder where Aurie was, since Mr. Colton was here shouldn’t she be somewhere close too. She was trying to help Blaze and her relationship, but it wasn’t working or she wasn’t trying hard enough. Blaze was a hard person to get to and it would take a long time for him to ever forgive his mom, his dad will never try, and even if he did it would never work. Blaze has a different kind of hate for his dad. Even though I don’t have the full details on why he hates his dad, I know he does and their relationship can never be fixed, that much I know.

I was broken away from my thoughts again but this time by Zac waving his hand in front of my face, to which I slapped it away.

“You were spacing, little one. We’re here let’s go warm up a bit.” It was pretty low for California weather in the mid 40’s, and most weren’t use to wearing coats. We sat near the window and I watched people walking; the strangers. Everyone decided not to bother me, and talk amongst themselves obviously noticing I needed a moment to myself.

I wonder what Blaze was doing? Did he wonder where I went? Knowing him he probably in that room on his computer working, and he would definitely not be worrying about where I was, or what I was doing.

When we got back to the condo, I was on my second cup of cocoa that I decided to go get before we left. I opened the door to see the living room dark but the kitchen light was on. I walked in and decided to turn the light of to find Blaze sitting on the kitchen counter drinking Voss water.

“Where were you Sage?” My big eyes looked up at his distressed face.

“I—uhm, I left with everyone else.” I don’t know why I stuttered, maybe it was because of how deadly serious he was, he looked sick.

“You can’t just leave like that without telling me! I thought something happ—I was wor—I don’t like when I’m not informed.” His response caused me to smile. He was worried. He was worried about me!

I smiled, “Blaze its okay to say you were worried! You should’ve just called me. Or anyone else, this is the 21st century. Do you want a sip of my hot cocoa?” I asked him walking over to a cup I seen on the marble counter and setting it in the sink.

“You know I only like your drinks.” He mumbled, and I beamed at him walking over to him and giving him a hug, he hesitantly wrapped his arms around me.

“Blaze just because this is a deal doesn’t mean you can’t look to me for comfort.” I wanted this to feel as real as it could without it being real. Well I wanted it to be real, but he didn’t and I know it’s sad but I was fine with that. I just wanted to be a part of his life, a part of his heart; or at least feel like I could be, even though I wasn’t.

“So did you get any work done?” I asked pulling away from him.

“No,” he sighed. “I was too busy wondering where you went.”

I laughed, “What? So you need me here to watch you work? Well come on you have work to do before it gets too late, and I make you go to sleep.”

The next day I woke up to Blaze on the computer typing away, and I knew that I had fallen asleep and he had been working all night. I sat up rolled my eyes and turned to face Blaze. He made a glance at me, and pushed his hair out of his eyes a little bit.

I pushed his computer further down on the bed, and I climbed over him and straddled his waist. Only to look him in the eyes, of course! He leaned back on the head board a bit, and I sat up straight putting my arms on his shoulders.

“Have you been on that computer all night?” I asked looking into his apple colored eyes.

“No I—” I cut him off before he could tell me a lie, because regardless if he was or not, I was going to make him go to sleep.

“Blaze don’t lie to me.”

“Yes, I have but I’m fine. It’s not like this is the first time I’ve done this.”

“Well you’re going to sleep and I won’t take any buts.”

He smiled and placed his hands on my hips. “Who’s going to make me?”

We didn’t even pay attention to the door opening and Blaze’s dad strutted right in, not thinking about any types of privacy. Blaze’s face wiped the smile off as soon as the door opened so I’m sure his dad didn’t even see it.

“Blaze get your overly gregarious harlot off of you. I mean its 8 o’clock in the morning, what is she thinking? You are supposed to be down at the office.” His dad walked straight past us and into the closet. If anything I was very embarrassed to be in such a compromising position, so I slid off of Blaze whose eyes followed me and sat next to him with my hands in my lap.

“I’ll call Lana and Zac over to keep you company Sage.” He mumbled not making eye contact anymore.

“Blaze you haven’t been to sleep yet. You can’t possibly think you’re going to the office right now.”

“Sage, stay out of it. I have a business to run.” He told me in an icy tone.

“What?” I asked, I swear he was bi-polar. I understand he was just trying to keep me at arm’s length but I wasn’t going to allow it to happen all the time.

“See I know you’re just trying to keep me out by shutting down, but no. I’m not letting it happen today, you need to sleep.”

I marched into the closet where Mr. Colton was going through Blaze’s normal clothes and throwing them on the floor, and picking him out something to wear that was business-y for today.

“Mr. Colton, I noticed you didn’t like me very much but I don’t think you should make Blaze go in this early. He’s been working all night and hasn’t been to sleep yet. And I think you should give him a good hour or two of rest before him going.” I knew he wasn’t going to allow him to stay the whole day, but the least I could do was ask. The most I could do was crack him upside the head with a hanger and throw his comatose body in an empty condo in the building and when he wakes up tell him that we found him there. But that would be doing a lot.

“I don’t like you. I tolerate you, because I know that once my son gets bored of you, you will be gone after the first month of marriage. You’re not fit to be a business owner’s wife; you don’t have the class, or the ability to put up with the fact that he will be working most of the time.”

I was shocked that he even said that. “So you think someone like Marnie would be better for him? I understand that he needs to work, but I also know that he has to sleep because he is a human being and he needs energy to run. He also needs to relax sometimes, because if I don’t help him do that, he’ll turn out like you. An old, bitter, stuck in his old ways, asshole.”

I walked out of the closet steaming planning on forcing Blaze to stay even if that meant hanging on his legs.

I looked at the bed and Blaze was sound asleep, he was still sitting up, and his laptop was on his lap. I smiled and took the laptop off and sat it on the bedside table, and then I pulled him down so he was lying on his pillow.

Mr. Colton stepped out of the closet with clothes in his hands. He sat them down on the desk in the room and looked at Blaze.

“Tell Blaze to be in the office by 1:00 today.” Then he headed out the door, when I heard the front door close, I took a breath. Well it will definitely be awkward around him for now on.

With Christmas only a couple of days away and Blaze’s dad walking in willy-nilly this would definitely not be a fun Christmas…… Unless! I have an idea on where to go to get away from Blaze’s father who seems to have an effect on his day.

Question: What song reminds you of Sage and Blaze? And favorite type of animal

But with you
There is no guarantee
Only expired warranty
A bunch
Of broken parts
And I can't seem
To find your heart

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 61 10
Before she died Johnny's mother set up a college fund for Robby, but the money will only pay out if Johnny is married. Daniel decides to help him.
8.1K 1.1K 46
Savant Awards Winner #16 in mystery romance on 10.08.2022 #14 in womenpower When 29-year-old Hannah married 36-year-old Albert, one of the richest pe...
47 4 15
She's a Kathak dancer. He's a football player. She's in the top position for her Kathak classes. He's the captain of the football team. They're both...
379K 10.4K 31
"Skylar I'm asking u to give us a real chance . I know I screwed up but I'm asking you to take a chance and start over ......What do you say ?" My bo...