Opposites Don't Attract

By StoryGirl5169

Jordan and Abbey are two completly different people who come from different families. Jordan is rich city boy... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Five

10.3K 65 14
By StoryGirl5169

Hey guys. Nothing much to say but hope u like it!! 

****

Jordan's POV

Bowling didn't go as bad as I thought it'd be apart from the bit I stormed off. I shouldn't have done that. Now that I think about it, I feel really embarrassed. Even though I didn't hit a pin the first time, I shouldn't have acted like a total baby and immature. I hope nobody remembers. 

So we arrived at home around six thirty five because mum just had to go shopping as we were going home. She said it was going to be 'five minutes' but it was actually an hour. We were all frustrated, but then again, she was a shopaholic, or that's what she told me. 

"Son," Dad placed his hands on my shoulder. "I'm going to be out for less than a minute. Could you grab my jacket from upstairs and bring it to me whilst I'm outside?"

"Sure dad, whatever you say," I agreed and ran up the stairs.

I entered his room and there on the bed was his jacket. I picked it up and ran back down the stairs again. I opened the main door and in front of me was dad. My dad. My dad was sitting on a motorbike. Yes. A dark blue, shiny motorbike. I almost dropped his jacket in disbelief. 

"Dad, whats...this?" I ask, my words shaking. 

"Your motorbike," He answered with a big grin on his face. 

My motorbike? Oh yeah! I passed my test just two months ago. Dad said he was going to buy me one but he said he'd buy it on March. I guess this is March in his world. I walked up to the bike and dad jumped off and I jumped on. I started it up and dad told me to give it ago and so I did. It was like a dream. I was so happy. My dad was the best. Not that he wouldn't be if he didn't buy it. 

"Your mum and I had been planning to buy one on March but we just thought now would be a good time," Dad explained. 

"Dad..." I began. Mum came outside too. "Mum...Your both great parents." I tell them. 

Mum and dad stretch their arms out and give me a hug. I love my parents! I'd still love them if they didn't buy it. 

"Okay," Dad said, smashing his hands together. "Tomorrow we have work to go to so you get some rest." 

"Alright," I laughed. 

We went inside. My eye lids were quite heavy. Bowling strained all my energy. I meandered up the stairs, making my way to my bed. I fell back on my bed and stared at the plain white ceiling and after a while I got bored which bought more heaviness to my eye lids and it finally got me to sleep. 

***

"Jordan!" Mum called my name. "Have you had your breakfast?" 

"Yeah!" I answered. 

I didn't really have breakfast. All I did was have a shower and brush my teeth. I didn't feel hungry at all. I was too excited about riding my brand new motorbike to work today. 
I zoomed down the stairs and told dad I was off. He said something to me but I didn't hear because I had already left the house. 
I placed on my helmet and started up the bike. I was nervous but they soon faded away once the bike started to move. The ride was smooth and I felt really calm. I concentrated like how I concentrated in the test. 

***

I arrived ten minutes early to. Going to work by motorbike is way more quicker than car. I took off my helmet and placed it on the back of the bike. I entered the building and made my way to my office. I sat down and relaxed until Abbey arrived. I felt a tiny bit tired. Only because I was too excited that I forced myself to wake up early. I do the stupidest things at times. I closed my eyes and decided to have a very short nap.

***

I instantly woke up when I felt a cold splash of water slap my face. I rub my eyes and wipe of the water of my face with tissue which was in a box. I opened my eyes and standing in front of me was a female figure. It wasn't hard to guess who that person was.

"Abbey, what the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"Language Jordan," She jokes but she said it quite sternly. "You were sleeping on the job. That's not why we're here. I had too much fun already so I thought it was time you woke up." She laughed. I'm glad she finds this funny. 

Luckily my shirt didn't get wet. I couldn't be bothered to pay three pounds to dry myself in the drying machine thingy. She hands me a piece of tissue and just as I was about to take it she pulled it back and used the excuse, 'I need to use actually.' I rolled my eyes and pulled out a tissue from the box and wiped my face. Abbey was giggling for an unusual reason.

"Now what?" I ask.

"Hey, I'm not the one with tissue stuck on my eyebrows." She smiled.

I put my hand on my eyebrows and she was right. There was tissue stuck on my eyebrows.  I peeled them off and forced a smile on my face. 

"Happy?" I ask. 

"Ecstatic," She replied. 

Bill entered the room with two cups of coffee. He offered the first one to Abbey and then to me. I sipped my drink and it was still hot. Abbey thanked him but I didn't bother. 

"Abbey, remember lunch," Bill reminded. 

"Yup," She said. 

I glanced at my watch. Lunch was an hour away and he's reminding her now. He walked out of the room, smiling at Abbey all the way. She smiled back but turned her head away but he still had a smile on his face. Bill was acting real strange since Abbey arrived. I think he has a 'thing' for her. He is so lovesick. Why on earth why would she want to go out with him? The door slammed shut and there was an awkward silence. 

 "So," I said, breaking the silence. "Why are you just standing there? Do we have a meeting today?" I snap at her without even knowing I did. 

"Yes," She answered. "We have two. One in about less than five minutes and the second one is after lunch." She explained. 

"Hm," I said. 

I sip my coffee until there's no more to sip. I place the plastic cup into the bin. I get up from my seat and head for the door. Abbey was following behind. 

"So," Abbey said. "Why are you acting like boring, stubborn Jordan?" 

"I am not!" I snap.

"Are too," She argues. 

"Am not," I say folding my arms. 

"Your both boring and stubborn!" James tells us out of nowhere. "We're going to be late." 

"Your not boring and stubborn," James whispers to Abbey, expecting me not to hear. What does he think I am? Deaf? 

I shake my head and enter the room where the meeting was being hold. I sit down near the window and wait for the others to join. 
After two minutes everyone else has gathered together and Mr. Gordon is talking about the new shopping mall plans. They were planning to knock down the care home for disabled people and building a huge shopping mall. I thought the idea was terrific but I wasn't too happy about the care home being knocked over.  

"No," Abbey cried, slamming her hands on the table and standing up from her seat. "You cant do this! What about those poor kids?" 

For a moment I thought she was going to burst into tears. James and I exchanged looks, we didn't like the idea either. But we can't just start yelling in the middle of a meeting. Luckily dad wasn't here. If he was, I don't know if Abbey would be fired or fired. Well, they are both the same. 

"Sorry for the rude interruptions," I began. "She's just a little emotional about theses kind of things." 

"No, I'm not!" She snaps. "Would you like it if you were those kids who had to get kicked out of their only homes after their parents abandoned them or died?" 

"No...that's not what I meant." I try to explain. 

James hands her a tissue and a bottle of water. She wipes her eyes and drinks the water. She looks much more calmer now. She looks down to the floor and doesn't speak one word. Everyone in the meeting turned back to Mr. Gordan as he began to speak again. 

***

I watched Abbey go up to Mr. Gordan and I could hear her apologizing and he accepted her apology. She hurried out of the room and walks towards the lunch room but I grab her arm before she could enter. 

"Abbey," I said. "Are you going to be reported?" 

"No," She replies. "I don't know what came over me. I guess I just didn't want them to destroy the home." 

"I don't either but I'm sure theyy'll find another one," I said, trying to make things better.

"Its not as easy as it seems Jordan. You need money, something they don't have," She says, moving her eyes off mine.

"Look, hows about we build a new care home for them," I suggest. "A much better one." 

"You would do that?" She smiled. 

"For them, yeah," I told her. 

Her face lit up. Well my job was done. Abbey told me she had to go and meet Bill so she rushed off to find him. I secretly followed her in and the two of them we talking and laughing. They looked like they were having loads of fun. 
I went inside and grabbed my lunch and evicted the room again. I ate my sandwich peacefully in my office. After my lunch I decided to go and find dad to ask him if I have to go to the next meeting because honestly, I really can't be bothered. It's way to boring once you been doing it almost everyday of you life. I need like a really long break from this. I mean, it's great to be the managers son but I really would love to work somewhere with a lot more excitement. 
I found dad in hi usual place in his office. He was talking to mum. I dind't mean to but I overheard their conversation about the new shopping mall. Whilst my ear was glued to the door trying to find out interesting facts, dad pulled over the dad and I fell flat on my face in front of his foot. I smile weakly at him and manage to wave at him. 
As I stand back on my feet again, I brush the dust of my blazer and trousers. Luckily there was anybody around at the time of the fall, otherwise I would have been humiliated. 

"Jordan, you are such a sneak," Dad shakes his head. 

"Thanks dad," I say, smiling. Wait! He didn't mean it in a good way, did he? "So dad, can I miss that super boring meeting I have next? Please?" I tried to make one of those puppy faces. I'm guessing I look pretty stupid. 

"Jordan, you have to go." Dad frowns. 

"It just about their plan to break down the care home and build a amazing new shopping mall." I explained. 

"Jordan, you can't miss it," Dad said, sternly. 

"Do you want me to cry?" Cry? What the hell am I saying? 

"Son, your not going to do that," Dad laughs. 

Here it goes. I began to wail and secretly poke my eyeballs to make my eyes watery and it worked. It looked like I was really crying. How embarrassing. I'm only doing this to miss this stupid meeting. Dads cheek turn into a cherry red colour. Its working!

"Alright!" Dad finally gave up. "Just because it was your birthday the other day." 

"Thanks dad," I said to him. 

"So you can take Abbey home on your bike because her dad kindly asked us to," Dad instructs me. 

"What!" I exclaim. 

"Or you could always go to that meeting..." He trails off. 

"Fine," I agree. 

I walk away. It's not that bad but I didn't want dad to know we were getting along. He'd think differently. It'd be too weird telling him that I don't hate Abbey. I mean I do hate her. I think. 

After lunch I had to wait for Abbey to finish her meeting so I could take her home. She came out with all the other people. I spotted her in the crowd because she was the only girl. She was with Bill again. Seriously, I think they are going out. 

"Abbey, I got to drop you off at home," I tell her quietly. 

"Um...fine," She said. 

When we reach my motorbike, Abbey's facial expression changes from happy to shocked. Some people cannot face the fact that other people have talent.

"I am not going on that!" She frowns. 

"I Would take dads car but its gone," I fold my arms. 

"You are so going to kill me if I go on that," She said, looking disgusted. 

"I have licence, you know?" I unfold my arms. "If your not going to get on that goodbye." 

I put on my helmet. I started up the bike and off I went. I remember last time what happened with the Will thing. I drove all the way around and returned to her. She was still in the same spot. I knew she wasn't going anywhere. I parked my bike and she jumped on, with a big frown on her face. Advice: cheer up! 

"I swear, drive slower!" She squeezed my arm. 

"If you don't shut up, I wont." I said. 

"Jordan, I'm going to have a freaking heart attack the way you drive," She said, holding onto me tighter. 

My arms were sore from her squeezing and she has long nails. I made it to her house less than ten minutes. She got of the motorbike and tried to stand up straight. She looks a bit pale to me. 

"That's the last time I'm on that bike with you," She said, but then a smile appears. "Thanks though." 

 She walked over to her door and just as she was about to insert her keys into the keyhole, someone opened the door. It was her friend Claire. I think James is going out with her. I forgot to ask him. I was just about to zoom off but Claire shouted my name. 

"Jordan, why don't you come inside?" She asked. 

"I can't," I answer. "Thanks though. But maybe next time." 

"At least have a drink," She requested. 

"Alright." I finally agree. 

I walk inside the house and Claire hands me a cup of coke. I quickly drink it and thank her politely. Abbey asks me if I was coming to the wedding and I told her I was. Her cat curled around my legs. I lifted it up and stroked its soft fur. Then my phone rang. I picked it up and it was dad.

"Jordan, come to hospital!" He sounded alarmed. "Your mum fell down the stairs and she isseriously injured." 

"What?" I shout with disbelief. 

Mum? My mum was in hospital, seriously injured. I can't believe this. It can't be true. For a moment I felt as if all the clocks had stopped. That time had froze. Nothing seemed real to me anymore. What would I do if I lost her? No! Don't think like that.

"OK dad!" I say, hanging up.

"Jordan, is everything alright?" Abbey asks. 

"My mums in hospital," I tell her. 

"Oh my!" Claire gasps.

I told them what happened and rush out of the room. Mum, I hope you alright! 

***

I arrived at the hospital and dad and James had swollen red eyes, I could tell they were crying. I was guessing my eyes were the same too because on my way here I was crying too. Dad gives me a hug and tells me she's going to be alright. That I just have to have faith. 
The nurse said she was in critical condition and they said they'll do their best to help her. I prayed hard for mum. I hope she stays strong.

***

"Susana Smith is alright," A nurse comes and reveals the good news.

We all sigh with relief. I almost started to cry again but because I was happy.

"But she has amnesia." Those four words echo in my head.

That means she will forget us. Maybe not, because we're family. I rushed into the room she was in and there she was lying on the bed. She was alright and had bruises and a huge cut on her head.

"Mum, we're so glad your okay," I give her a hug but she pushes me away.

"Who are you?" She asks.  

 ****

Oooh..j's mum lost her memory..Whatcha think!! I need LOADS of comments. Maybe abouthmmm..Six/Seven?? Please!! Watty awards are around the corner you know! Votes as well please. if u want.. cant force you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

660 18 9
Jordan has a dream of going into fashion and wants to jumpstart her career as a stylist. She doesn't really have much, but she has enough to get by...
697K 27.6K 65
Sophia Bennett, a 23 year old woman, looking for a job which will pay her enough to use that money to pay off the debt she had taken for her sister's...
9 0 1
*THIS SMELL WILL DRIVE YOUR BOYFRIEND CRAZY* Jordan: A big city girl, working in a small cafe, trying to get through her day. Antonio: A boy coming i...
33.3K 1.7K 62
Gracie is now the CEO of the multimillion-dollar company she built from scratch. To take her revenge on her uncle, who ruined her life, a business ty...