Before Everything

By thealphasabine

Nash. And Maggie. They are the amazing sisters you'll ever see. Always supporting each other, and everything... More

โœ–Author's Noteโœ–
Chapter One: Meet the Jacobs
Chapter Two: Interrupter of Class
Chapter Four: The Fly and Fire
Chapter Five: If You Can't, Well I Can
Chapter Six: False Alarm
Chapter Seven: The Makeover
Chapter Eight: Sorry not Sorry

Chapter Three: Boys' Moves Or Mine?

21 2 0
By thealphasabine

Maggie's POV

"He is my ideal man." Nash said. It's Tuesday night and we are doing tons of homework.

"Who? The Bill guy? He's outrageous."

"Can you hear what you're saying? He's almost perfect!"

Is she daydreaming?!

"Seriously? Wait, what happened awhile ago? The tutor thing?!" I said jumping in bed.

"Well, I gave him my number. That's all."

"That's impossible! That's all what happened? No twists?"

"I can't tell."

"I hate you." I said slapping her arm.

"Fine! Well, we studied about his lesson this morning. I got it and he offered me a ride and we kissed." she whispered, biting her lower lip.

"That's Nash!" I chuckled.

"But, he told me not to tell anyone about our relationship. It's kinda different."

I pat her shoulder.

"Aw. Don't worry. My lips are sealed. The key is in your pocket, babe." I approved.

⚫⚫⚫

It's morning. And I'm still sleepy. But I realized it's the fourth time my phone chitters beside me. How come Nash didn't wake me up?

I went in the shower and take a bath. The warm water felt nice. I'm also enjoying the fresh scent of lemon invading the room.

I hurriedly set my clothes for today. A pink tank top, black jeans and a pair of sparkling black heels.

I went downstairs and notice the pink sticky note on the wall.

Hey Maggie!

Sorry to tell you, Mr. Bill gave me a ride again. My fault. See you in school! And don't be late! BTW, parents are out of town. One relative just died. Mwa!

Nash

Great. Now I'll ride the school bus alone. Speaking of the school bus, I locked the front door, leave the spare key under the mat and went inside the bus.

I look at all the seats but only one seat was at the back left.

"I guess you forgot your bag at home."

A guy muffled beside me.

Oh. Lincoln. Lincoln Zimmerman.

"How'd you know?"

"You came along here without it."

And I notice. He's right. But luckily, my purse is with me.

"Well. It's okay. But thanks."

He nodded, sign of saying welcome I guess.

"Lincoln. Lincoln Zimmerman." he smiled, offering a hand.

"Lincoln. The guy in English class yesterday. Maggie." I reply, giving him my hand.

Those hands tho. So smooth. No callous at all.

"You're sweaty, aye?" he asked observing my hands against his.

Oh no. He noticed it.

"Sort of."

"Sweaty hands. You're like my mom."

"Thanks?"

"Why? You take it as a compliment?" he chuckled.

"A bit."

He smirked.

After awhile, we already arrived. Everyone was going out while the two of us are the only ones inside.

"I think we need to get out now. Or we'll be late." I chirped.

"Yeah. Then stop holding my hand." he said.

What? I'm holding his hand? I realized, yes I am.

"Sorry. I don't know why I am holding your hand." I quickly get my hands off his.

"Sweaty hands againsts my dry hands. How sweet? Opposites attract?" he joked

I quickly got out of the bus and ran away.

Hey? What about my purse?

Clumsy me.

"You're back?" he asked surprisingly, standing.

"Obviously, yes. I forgot my purse."

I saw my purse in his hand and my eyes widen.

"That is my purse. What are you planning? Huh?"

"I am planning to chase you and give it back to you. Okay? No other things."

"No! You are just standing there holding my purse tightly."

"So?"

Yeah he's right. So what if he's holding it tightly? Nothing is wrong with it. He was  about to get out of the bus and follow me but I got in.

"S-sorry. I-I just- um," I stutter, "Nevermind. I'm just a bit paranoid or something."

"You are. Here, your purse is back. First, you forgot your bag. Then your purse. Be careful about your belongings. Clumsy." He told me, giving me my purse back.

Okay, fine. I'm clumsy. My mom sometimes call me that.

Once in fifth grade, I forgot my identification card on the bus. So, I befriend the lookout of the school, unlucky, he was fond of asking food to me for me to get in. So unfortunate.

"Thanks. Um, you're not gay, right?"

He chuckled. What a question, Maggie. But, I'm still expecting an answer.

"What do you think? Will I stop you from holding my hand for so long? If I'm gay, then I'll be disgusted with you. Get it?" he uttered.

Phew. I sighed in relief. HE'S NOT GAY!

"I'm sorry again if I judged you."

"No it's okay. Girls are girls."

Hm. Whatever. Well, girls just sometimes want their expectations to be right.

"I think, it's about to bell in one minute." I snapped.

He nodded.

"Ladies' first, right?"

I blushed.

Everytime I walk with someone, I'm used to be on the back. I want to see the person I am with to lead me and I follow.

"Gentleman." I chirped.

When we got out of the bus, some of 'The Flirts' gave me a terrible look.

Ha! Good for you, bitches. I can be envied by the girls sometime in my life. I feel so high.

"We need to split." I whispered.

"Why? Our paths to our first classes are the same."

"Remember the girls on English class? They're getting into my nerves right now."

"Let them. I'll tell you a secret."

I nodded.

"I kinda hate those girls. I don't really like girls who are flirting in public with me. Unless she's my girlfriend. Remember that."

I laughed. He hate girls who are lovely to him?

"Hush-hush?" he said.

"What?"

"It means the secret is safely kept."

"Did I say I'll keep it?"

He slapped my arm lightly.

"Okay. Whatever. Hush-hush."

And then we seperated rooms.

⚫ ⚫ ⚫

"Hi!"

"Hi."

"So, are you and Lincoln together?"

Wow. For the first time in forever, I am talking to Trish. Yeah that girl. And I know it's all about Lincoln. She's so busy in boys. Yup. She's that girl.

"Why?"

"Because my girls saw you and Lincoln awhile ago. What's up?" her brow started to furrow.

"Yeah. I saw them too with their terrible faces. No. We aren't together. We are just friends."

"Friends. Okay. Now, if you continue being friend with him, we will ruin you life until it becomes a rotten trash."

"Trish? Is that you? Telling girls like me to stay away from a guy? Pretty me, I ain't that famous, but surrounded by many guys. Yes. That girls is me." I said playing with my hair proudly.

"Ew. As if many guys did surround you. Only one. Poor baby."

"And that guy, is Lincoln."

"Be ready to be a rotten trash, my dear." she said.

"Duh. You are not scary. And FYI, I'm ready all the time."

And look. She went away from me. What? I made her jitter? Bravo!

I saw her got out of the class with her ugly siblings. Thank God! I'm out of worries today.

Afterwards, the nature called me. I excused myself and went to the bathroom.

When I got inside, I saw Trish alone, washing her face.

I quickly got inside the cubicle and pee. I heard her giggle and step outside the bathroom. I pushed the cubicle door but it didn't open. I repeat it again but the same thing happen.

"Hey! Are you joking or what?"

No one answered.

I open my phone and called Nash. But she didn't answered.

I kicked the door but no use. I'm nervous right now. I don't know what to do.

Then, I hear the sound of the fire alarm and the water above sprinkled on me.

"Help! Hey!" I yelped.

"Somebody please!"

Then, suspicious laughs were heard outside the door.

"Are you okay there, Maggie?" she laughed.

"You bitch! Let me out of here! Trish!"

"You're a Girl Scout, right? Always ready? Like what you said."

"Let me out!"

"No way, Girl Scout!"

I saw her feet under the door and quickly grab it and pulled it in.

"What are you doing?" she yelled.

"Did I mention I'm an expert at torturing the bullies? Huh?" I panted pulling her in the cubicle.

Her friends tried to pull her but they're weak as jelly.

When she was inside, I grip her hands and pushed her against the door.

"Let me out, or push this door using Trish?" I whined.

"Open the fuck up guys! I'm hurt here!" Trish cried.

"Good for you." I said.

They quickly opened the door and back off. I let go of Trish's hands and panting, catching my breath.

I saw what they did on the door.

"You nailed it? You bullied me? You think I'll lose? Well, I nailed it!" I shouted, letting my anger out.

The fire alarm is still ringing. Everyone outside is panicking.

I gave them a fierce look and walked away. I was running as fast as I can when I got out and head to my last class. My purse.

It wasn't there!

I need to get out. The teachers or staffs might see me and I might be their suspect in pulling the alarm.

When I was outside, I saw Lincoln coming to me with my purse.

"You forgot it again! How many-"

I cried. I tried to stop it but I can't. I can feel my knees trembling and I fall down.

Besides, I admit. I was nervous. I just want to skip this feeling right now and rest. It's a tiring day after all.

Lincoln, shock, don't know what happened, quickly carry me and went inside his car.

"I'm here for you. I got you."

⚫ ⚫ ⚫

Kindly
Comment
Vote
And Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

214K 9K 50
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
474K 11.8K 49
๐˜Œ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ, ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜บ, ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฒ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ง๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ด.
330K 7.5K 27
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant โœฟ โœฟ โœฟ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...
57.5K 4.7K 31
๐‘จ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’“ ๐’•๐’– ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’Š๐’— ๐’•๐’๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Š๐’ ๐‘บ๐’‰๐’‚๐’Œ๐’•๐’Š, ๐‘ป๐’– ๐‘น๐’‚๐’Ž ๐’•๐’๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Š๐’ ๐‘บ๐’Š๐’•๐’‚, ๐‘ป๐’– ๐‘ฒ๐’“๐’–๐’”๐’‰๐’ ๐’•๐’๐’‰ ๐’Ž๐’†๐’Š๐’ ๐‘น๐’‚๐’…๐’‰๐’‚ ๐’ƒ๐’‚๐’ ๐’‹๐’‚๏ฟฝ...