Popular Outsiders

נכתב על ידי montblanca

Meet Rachel Fletcher. Small but mighty. You could be the most badass football player at Venice High School. T... עוד

Summary
Venice High School Drama
Chemistry Prank #1 & #2
Three Strikes
You're Dead & Deadly Blow
Angry Cross Country Boys & Revenge Planned
The Truth About Calvin
The Eaton Household
We Have An Accord
The Special Bond Belonging Only To Siblings
Jesse & Long Time Ago
That Was A Lie
Exploded
Young, Smart & Cute
Marines & Make It Up
The Revenge War Is On Baby
Friends
Betrayed
William, Calvin, & The Importance of Being Earnest
Panic Mode
I Won't Prank
Too Sudden
Tough Childhood
Popular Outsiders
Epilogue

Prank Gone Wrong

330 14 0
נכתב על ידי montblanca

Prank Gone Wrong

Tuesday

Sadly, I had agreed to wake up early for the prank. Bad idea, but at least for the rest of the week Calvin would be paying for my lunch.

"Just so you know, I hate you for this," I grumbled as we headed towards Will's house. We were about to cross a line. But when don't I cross lines?

Calvin and I each carried two plastic Staples bags filled with packs of colorful PostIts. Let's just say Will's car-his treasure-was going to be a little more colorful than usual when he came out to drive to school.

"Hey, I'm paying for your lunch and I already owe you money. I have to wake up-" began Calvin.

"Would you just let me complain for once?" I asked. "I'm tired!"

"That's not my problem," he retorted.

"It can become your problemo, Callie," I snarled.

Calvin and I walked to Will's house and did our oh-so terrible deed.

~

"Wake up. He's coming out," murmured Calvin and I realized I had fallen asleep.

Calvin and I sat up in the pine tree in Will's neighbors that lied across the street from him. I looked up and smothered a laugh. Calvin had sap in his hair. He looked up, and quickly tried brushing it out. It was sap. Sap is sticking. And so, Calvin failed.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes before turning my full attention back to that dear boy William. Note the sarcasm, people. The extreme sarcasm.

Will wore his usual shorts and a t-shirt. He had one strap of his Adidas backpack carelessly slung over his right shoulder, car and house keys in one hand, and chemistry book in the other hand.

We had homework? ...Oops, I thought with a shrug.

Will locked himself out of the house before turning around and looking at his car. Oh, how pretty it was.

Calvin and I heard him mutter something, but I couldn't tell what it was.

"Hey, Bozo!" I shouted, waving my arm as I clung to the tree with the other.

Will looked up in shock. An evil grin spread across not only my face, but Calvin's as well. I think I had rubbed off on him a little. Calvin emptied the bag of left over PostIts all over Will's neighbor's tree and lawn below. With Will in shock, we climbed down.

Then Will turned beat red in fury. Calvin raced away like some track runner-and he was not an athlete. But he did have long legs, which probably helped. I ding-dong ditched Will's neighbor before sprinting down the street.

Behind me, there was shouting and I wondered where Calvin had gone off to. Then a car engine started. And knew very well what that meant. Now I was worrying where Calvin was. Yes, I worried about where that tall, fast bastard was. I still found it weird, even though it wasn't the first time, and I thought I would never get used to it.

I sprinted down the street but I could hear the car accelerate and suddenly Will's car was on the sidewalk in front of me. I braked too fast and fell on my butt.

God, why couldn't Mom have let me buy the longboard last night?! But nooo, she was too busy to watch Caroline and didn't want the little one to be home alone. Mom, she freaking knows how to take care of herself better than I take care of myself!, I thought as I started to get up.

Will jumped out of his car, some of the Post Its having blown off, and grabbed my arm tightly. "You bitch! Stay away from my home!"

"Why?" I challenged. "You're just like every other cross country boy-a coward!"

"Including your Jesse," Will sneered.

"One, he is not mine and, two, he's less than a coward compared to you!" I snapped, elbowing him in the ribs and escaping his grasp.

I knew he could easily grab me again so I grabbed his shoulders, pulled him forward, and shoved my knee into his diaphragm. That at least got him to fall over.

Then he wrapped his hand around my ankle. Suddenly desperate, I kicked him in the face. I turned and ran straight into his car. Okay, excuse me for running into some giant object right behind me, but even though I saw him pull up onto the sidewalk, I still didn't expect a car there.

A ripple of pain spread across my body and by the time I was ready to flee, Will was on his feet. He spat the blood out, missing me only by a few inches. He pushed me against the car hard and I pulled his hair. Then he fell.

At first I thought, Okaaaay. Didn't know hair pulling would do that.

And then I spotted the attacker. Not Calvin-because we are talking about my luck after all. But Jesse.

"You're welcome," Jesse muttered, shaking the pain from his hand. He'd never been a fighter. I used to not be a fighter. Used to.

Will was attempting to get up, and so I punched him in the neck. Enough to have him begin wheezing-not dead. As he gasped for breaths, Will had one hand against his neck while the other was against his car.

"Uh, what did you do? Try to kill him?" I heard Calvin's voice and spun around. He was on the other side of Will's Ford.

"No! He attacked me-and this isn't the first time I've punched in the jugular! I know how to punch, you moron! You're the one who ran away!" I shouted.

"I thought you were fast," he sneered.

"You-" I began.

"What's with the PostIts? Was that you guys?" Jesse interrupted.

"No shit, Sherlock," snapped Will, managing to breath a little more normally now.

I was next to Calvin in a flash, on the opposite side of the Ford from Will, and Jesse.

"Let's go to school," growled Calvin.

"You guys are going to wish you were dead!" Will snarled.

I waved my hand, brushing it away. "Yeah, whatever you say, William. See you two suckers around."

Will got in his car and sped off. Jesse stayed behind Calvin and I on the way to school. Calvin and I stayed silent. It was so quiet that I could hear Calvin's Metallica music.

Jeez, Louise, it's so frickin' quiet...talk about awkward, I thought and as soon as school came into view, I raced away.

* Will's plotting something! Comment, vote, share! :) *

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

33.6K 500 42
"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧." "𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭." ...
2.8K 78 25
Octaveus was depressed. He knew it, but no one else did. He hid it, just as he hid his scars. He wasn't human either; he hid that too. He hid almost...
318K 7.4K 50
BOOK 1 OF THE BIG BAD WOLF SERIES: "R-Roman, stop," He lingers on each kiss, teasing me with his tongue. Sparks erupt. "You make me so damn angry...
5.6K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...