Anything Could Happen

By DreamingToSmile

When Aisha takes part in the biggest audition of her life, her path crosses with her idol: Mr Darren Criss. ... More

Wanna Be startin' Somethin'
New York State Of Mind
Just Can't Get Enough
You're Never fully Dressed Without a Smile
Hello (the Jessie and Rachel duet)
Candles
I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Smooth Criminal
Somewhere Only We Know
Hate On Me
Isn't She Lovely
Glad You Came
Up Up Up for the Good Show
Hate On Me (Part 2)
Bust A Move
A Thousand Years
Don't Speak
Cry
Need You Now
Stand By You
Get Happy/ Happy Days are Here Again
You're All I need To Get By
In Memory
Hello, I Love You
Light Up the World
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
I Could Have Danced All Night
Halo/Walking On Sunshine
Barely Breathing
Roots Before Braches
Something's Coming

Say

534 12 5
By DreamingToSmile

Aisha’s POV

 (Three days later-the Wednesday before the final on Saturday)

  Matt and I were using one of the practice rooms at the venue provided for performers in the competition, as all the rooms at the studio were being used for lessons

 We run through a slightly more advanced choreography of Fixed You as we were using it as our final piece. In the middle, we had a step where our faces were close; our eyes on each other as we spin round as one, fast. It was one that we had at about 90%.

 We weren’t perfect, but we desperately needed to be so it was the only step we were practicing, and had been running through it for about half an hour yet. We run through again, and I twirl into his arms before twisting to face him, wrapping a leg around his waist, as we spin.

We almost get it perfect before he slips and falls backwards, but because he had me in his arms, I fall too.

And in the process our lips smack together for a split second before we crash onto the ground, him softening my fall as we both burst out laughing. I roll of him, lying back and laughing, forgetting about the *kiss* as soon as it happened.

  “How did we even manage that?!?” I ask between laughs. 

 “I…I have no idea!” Matt replies, laughing and throwing his arms out, before standing up and stepping over me, holding his hands down to pull me up.

 “Thank you,” I say as I walk over to the sound system and put the song back to the beginning, getting ready to go again.

Darren’s POV

(Thursday Morning)

 Will told me I might be off my crutches in the next week or so, permanently.

 I CANNOT WAIT!

 But, I am not telling Aisha, yet. It is going to be a surprise, I want to surprise her by walking fine, towards her, and I’m planning a whole romantic set up for her, in two weeks.

 It’s being planned, but I am excited for it, her face will be absolutely priceless. Anyway, now, I am making my way onto the Glee set, to film.

 I make my way into the back room and pull Chris and Cory to the side, wanting to explain my plans to surprise Aisha.

  “Hey dude, what’s up?” Cory asks, confused. I explain my plan quietly; weary about Aisha coming in at 9:30, as the time now is 9:15.

 They came into my plan as I wanted to set up, and have where I want to go perfect. This is going to be perfect.

 After talking for a while, I finish explaining my plan.

 “Aaaw, Dude, she’s going to love it!” Coremy says excitedly. “Since when did Darren get so romantic?” He teases, laughing with Chris.

 “Alright guys, enough of that!” I say, cutting across Chris as he was about to say something.

 “Darren? Stylist, now please.” Ryan calls from the other side of the room.

 “Sorry, duty calls,” I say to the men beside me, before swiftly making my way out of the room and away from their teasing. At the end of the day, they were happy for me, and that’s all that’s important.

 Using my crutches, I limp down the hall and into my trailer, waiting for the stylist, Sasha. She was in her late thirties, and more of a Mum and an older Sister on set than anything else.

 “Hi, Darren dear, how are you?” She says after knocking and coming in.

 “I’m…really good thanks,” I say, thinking of my plans with Aisha, which only made me smile. “And you?” I ask.

 “Good, good,” She replies, coming over and setting up as she adds: “Why does it seem like there’s more to your feelings than you’re letting on?”

 I smile, and end up telling her all about my plans for Aisha as she sorts my hair, locking it into the gelled prison that is Blaine Anderson’s hair. She gushes and smiles, and gives her, much needed, girly feedback on my plan, adding where she thinks I could do something else to make it more romantic. I hang on to her every word.

 Finally she finishes my hair and make-up and gives me my clothes, telling me to change and she’ll be back in a few.

 I change into a classic Blaine outfit: green cut offs, a white polo shirt and, of course, a bowtie. Sue, obviously, cut Blaine off the cheerio’s when he injured himself, so I was happy to be out of that uniform. I smile as I change, and call Sasha back in to do final checks on my outfit before I go on film.

 I was finally out of my chair on the show, in crutches and we’re going to be filming the main shooting scene of the episode Shooting Star. It was a sad scene to film, intense to say the least. Whilst there are only a handful of us in the choir room, it is going to be powerful.

 I make my way over to the side of the set, pecking Aisha’s lips as I pass her, in her typical Maiya costume: A black pair of skinny jeans with a white shirt, cream scarf and brown jacket, with small accessories, necklace, and bracelets. It isn’t too different to how Aisha dresses usually, just a bit more tomboy.

 Whilst Maiya would never be seen in a dress, or skirt, Aisha has a lot of those in her daily wardrobe. Anyway, Aisha was changing me….I never used to know much about Girls wardrobes and the likes of fashion. I guess I can blame Chris for that too.

 “Okay guys, you know what this scene involves, I want emotions, I want this to show you all off as the amazing actors you are. Positions!” Ryan calls after his line of pep talk.

 We all walk onto the set and into the choir room chairs whilst Mathew starts of.

 “And…..Action!”

  We sit through the first part of the scene until the first shot rings out, closely followed by a second. We all jump, none of us acting at the loud sound.

 Fear shoots over my face as I allow myself to become Blaine. Taking my crutches, Sam and Mr Schue help me to where I sat by the board at the front of the room.

Curling up, I begin to shake, suddenly cold by the changed atmosphere. The lights go down, and I put my head on my knees, tears I wasn’t aware I’d shed flowing from my eyes.

 I look up slightly. “Are we even sure those were real gun sh-”

 “Sshhh!” I get shushed by everyone in the room and put my head down on my knees again.

 A small while later, Mr Schue gets up slightly and tells us all to get out our phones, tell everyone on the outside what’s happening. I grab mine and hear some whispering by Marley, Kitty and Jake.

 Sam suddenly gets up and starts shouting that he needs to get to Brittany. Mr Schue and Coach Beiste hold him back and quieten him, but not soon after, Mr Schue goes out to look for her.

 Suddenly, I hear Maiya pull away from her spot by Ryder, and run to me. I hear Ryder’s protests, but they don’t stop Maiya.

 I open my arms and pull her to me as she sobs against my chest. I rest my head against her shoulder, tears silently flowing on to the fabric there. Slowly, I manage to quieten her and a few more shots of our collective silence are filmed before Ryan calls cut.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

  I didn’t plan to cover that scene in this chapter, let alone story, but it just sort of happened. I’m glad it did though; it was a different style of writing that I enjoyed trying. I’m not completely sure about it, did you guys like my attempt?

  I wasn’t sure about naming everyone by character, but it felt wrong to name them by actor. It just flowed out; if I made any mistakes on the actual scene, please tell me, I couldn’t bring myself to watch it again for this. It was too emotional.

   Also, I would really love some constructive criticism on this chapter: What did I write that you liked? Portrayed emotion well? What could I have done better?

   I don’t bite, I would just really like your feedback guys :D

 Sequel? No Sequel?? PLEASE HELP!?!? :D

  That’s all I have to say really, until next time awesome people who seem to like my writing. :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.3K 41
Chris and Darren first met as kids at camp. Now they're back as riding instructors. A lot can change in ten years, but some things never do...
7.9K 181 10
Hello my name is Kurt Hummel. Maybe you've heard of me. I get every solo I want and Rachel Berry is my back up singer...well at least in my dreams. B...
76.7K 1.9K 11
Quinn makes her way to NYC to finally meet up with Rachel. After a while Rachel starts noticing things aren't right. Quinn is acting weird and it's s...
27.3K 771 23
You have been a selective mute for the past two years, but can an encounter with your idol Chris Colfer give you the courage and strength to speak ag...