Love Me? Like You Do.

By thejovialwriter

#3 on Featured list! "I need you to be my wife." he said lifting her chin up, forcing her to look at him. ... More

Love Me? Like You Do.
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
A Message To All My Readers
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Q & A
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Andy's tiny message
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
The JBA tea party
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Important message from Andy please read
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Jack and Brielle sitting on a tree...
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
First Night Bloopers
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Mini Chapter
Chapter 50
Poll
Epilogue and a Message
Levi's Secret

Chapter 20

139K 5.3K 362
By thejovialwriter

Jack's father or Dixon Senior, as he was known was feeling much better after his surgery. He had been under bed rest for a month and was now back in tip-top shape. He made a decision not to stay at his own house with his son after he was discharged from the hospital, for the unthinkable had happened.

He paced rapidly in the confinement of his hotel room, trying to find a solution to his problem.

You see, the old man had fallen in love with a woman simply known as Heidi.

Years since the only woman to have captured his heart had passed away, he found a lady who tugged at his heart. He hadn't told the graceful lady waiting at the hospital's reception that he was the founder of Dixon Enterprises, nor did he mention he was a newly discharged patient. 

He sat beside her and just talked. For some reason they clicked. He had started the conversation on a whim to pass the time. He never imagined she would want to chat with him about things that were seemingly gibberish, like the plaster on the walls and the detergent in clothes.

It wasn't love at first sight, when he noticed her bluish grey eyes and natural salt pepper hair, her gentle smile and the way she swatted away his hand when he tried to hold it. But for the first time in twenty years, his heart was racing without a pacemaker. So when she mentioned that she would be returning home to Frankfurt the next day, he was in a dilemma.

Lisa, you'll like her. he said to his passed wife's image that very night. He could have sworn her portrait was smiling back at him. She had always told him to move on, ever since her health had started deteriorating.

"I love you." Lisa had told him. "You should be with someone who makes you happy."

"It's only you Lisa." he had sobbed.

"Not at all. Little Jack is the apple of your eye, isn't he? You have to live and love again. For yourself and Jack, but more so for me." she said kissing him. The memories of her came flooding back, but yet the thought of the woman he'd met, didn't diminish.

"Oh Lisa what should I do?" he said aloud. He could have sworn he heard Lisa's voice telling him with a laugh. 

"Go after her you idiot. It took you long enough to fall in love again, don't let her go." she said.

Maybe he was losing it. But in society little impulsiveness was known as madness. A good businessman was nothing if he wasn't impulsive.

He sighed. He didn't even know her full name or address. Yet forgetting her wasn't something he could do.

Maybe he could make it to the airport on time. Otherwise, he knew it had been a while since he'd been to Frankfurt. Jack could help him get a seat in a plane, couldn't he? After all Jack had launched a new airline under their company. What are son's for, if they can't help their widower father fall in love again?

***

Brielle was staring at the ceiling lost in thought. She had just finished her lunch and was lying on the queen sized bed, admiring the chandelier. Several thoughts raced through her mind, as she tried to keep calm. She had swallowed some antibiotics that Jack had left on the table for her, to help her body fight any germs she may have picked up while swimming in the sewer. The medicine was making her head spin, and slightly weak.

She was more worried about Jack, than she would have liked to admit. Why was he leaving so suddenly? For some reason, she didn't like the fact that he was travelling so far to save a woman's honour. It raised innumerable questions in her head. Her thoughts echoed like an influential person's voice in her brain.

Who is she? Is she the secret girlfriend that Penny, Mimi and the other waiters had been talking about? The very girl he intended to marry before his 25th birthday?

Brielle! Stop thinking about that, it's none of your business.

He rescued me and let me stay at his place. He's been nothing but good to me. How can I think of  the woman he love's as someone I dislike? I can't, any family member of Jack's is my friend too.

It's obvious a man like him isn't single. 

But then...why did he kiss me?

Does he do this often? Kiss people he doesn't care about romantically? 

No.

Maybe.

Probably.

It's likely.

Damn it. I'm too wary of trusting people.

Keep your guard up Brielle. From now on, earning your trust is going to be far more difficult.

***

She cursed mentally. Jack hadn't even picked up her call. What was he doing that rendered him so busy? His flight wasn't for another couple of hours. Shoudn't he have at least told her something?

Brielle, you obviously don't mean much to him. Hell you don't even know one another properly. There's no reason for him to tell you everything. 

You are too naive for your own good.

It's only because you saved his dad. How long will you milk his kindness? 

It's time to go back home.

She stood up, ready to leave. There was no point staying there anymore. She helped him, he helped her. They were even They needn't see each other again.

Brielle sighed, as she leaned against the window, parting the curtains to look out at the beautiful garden She hadn't had a chance to take a walk in it yet. It wasn't meant to be.

***

Jack smiled sadly as he heard Brielle's voice message for the fifth time. He liked knowing that she was worried about him. Few people truly cared about whether he ate lunch on time.

But he didn't respond to her. What could he say? He only had more bad news.

Her entire apartment had burnt to dark ashes, all her belongings, memories everything were lost. He was only glad that no matter how bad situations were, at least Brielle hadn't spent the night alone in her apartment.

A simple fault on the heating and a fire had started. The building had only three occupants, all of whom were out the night of the incident.

"It's one of the cheaper flats around here." Amanda explained. "The utilities like electricity and water are often faulty."

Jack sighed. "Was it rented?" he asked hopefully. He would pay for whatever damages needed. Brielle wouldn't have to ever be told.

"No. Mortgaged." said Amanda looking at her feet, guilt written all over her face. "She truly has nothing left now."

Jack clenched his fists tight. He had been too late. If only he could have saved her home, the small house she'd been working so hard to keep.

He had been hesitant for a while, but made up his mind, right then and there.

"Jack?" asked Amanda worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." said Jack politely. "Please excuse me, there's some pressing work I need to attend to. A pleasure dining with you."

Amanda stared at his disappearing silhouette as he walked away. His sudden politeness and manners caught her off guard. So he doesn't treat everyone like shit, all the time.

***

Jack had barely opened the gate to his house, than Arthur came running up to him.

"Sir, Miss Dane says she is leaving." he said panting.

"What? Why?" asked Jack in surprise. Where would she go? Her house was no longer habitable.

"I don't know. Mr. Dixon just arrived. He needs a plane ride to Frankfurt in the next hour." 

"Hmm okay, sure. My plane to Thailand has a stoppage at Frankfurt, but why does he want to go there?" asked Jack. Everyone was behaving rather weirdly.

Just then, Brielle stepped out of the front door, wearing the clothes had given her last night. She looked rather worn out and pale. He walked up to her, and gently touched her forehead with his left hand.

"You have a fever." he said in a matter-of-fact way.

"And you allegedly have a phone." she said angrily. "Would it kill you to answer?"

"I'm sorry Brielle." he said looking at her. She was standing on the top step, so her height was finally level with Jack's own. "I'll explain later. For now, come to Bangkok with me,"

"I'm sorry, what?" she said her jaw falling open. She was sure she had misheard.

"Due to some...unforeseeable reasons, you cannot return to your own house. You must stay with me." he said hurriedly. "Since Dad is leaving too, I don't want you to be alone in the house."

"But---" started Brielle in protest.

"No time. I promise I'll explain on the plane." said Jack. He turned to Arthur who was standing behind him. "No school today?"

"The summer vacation has just started." he said happily. He was on his senior year of high school, still a boy but eager to be  a man.

"How is your father?" asked Jack.

"Oh he left this morning to stay with my aunt." explained Arthur. "He wasn't feeling too well, and my aunt makes the most amazing chicken stew in the world."

"Hmm. So do you want to come to Bangkok with us?" said Jack succinctly. "No you don't have a choice, you're coming anyway. I'm not leaving you here."

"Really? You'll take me with you? But what about the passports and stuff?" asked Arthur earnestly.

"I'll see to it, don't worry. Hurry and pack. We leave in ten minutes." said Jack as Arthur ran off. Jack turned back to Brielle. She was looking at him, confusion evident in her eyes.

He didn't know how to explain, other than pulling her close to him for a crushing hug, as he sank his face into her chestnut hair, her body and mind safe within his arms. He kissed her forehead, cheeks, nose and finally on her lips.

"Thank God you are all right." he said kissing the corner of her mouth. Brielle's traitorous body was responding to his touches.

"What do you mean?" she asked perplexed.

"Trust me Brielle, you'd rather not know." he said mysteriously. "Please come on this trip with me." he said gazing into her eyes.

How was he so convincing? Why was his touch so arousing, his voice so alluring, his arms so protective, his gaze so caring and kisses so sinful?

"Okay." she said, as he crashed his mouth against hers, pulling her flush against him and lifting her off her feet.

A/N : Hi guys! Apologies for the late update. 

What do you  think of the story so far? Did you find Dixon Senior's story interesting or was it a bore?

This chapter is rather long. I hope that's alright.  

This story has received over 3300 reads and has got a ranking of 790 in Romance! Thank you all for your support.

Please do share, vote and comment if you liked the story. I love to know your thoughts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

743K 50K 97
As he took one last step closer, his muscles made direct contact with every fragment of my body, and I could feel my skin become ten times warmer. "...
1.8M 56.3K 50
Needs to be heavily edited lmao Now, I'm alone with the beast . He stares into my soul causing me to gulp. "You're going to do something for me." He...
136K 4.5K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
16M 560K 58
They're worlds apart, and this isn't high school, so how the hell did a homeless female writer end up renting a billionaire's mansion? And - hold you...