Percy Jackson: Grandson of Vo...

By Poke_Master57

Takes place after the Deathly Hallows and the Blood of Olympus Percy Jackson thought he could finally live a... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter 20
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five (Tags are not cool, guys)
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Epilogue
END
Extra Scene: Hermione Teaching Percy to say Voldemort
Extra Scene: Meeting the Parents
Extra Scene: Student... Interactions
Extra Scene: Valentine's Day Special
Extra Scene: Percabeth is More Magical Than We Thought
Extra Scene: Twiwizard Tournament Time
Extra Scene: James Potter and the Kids of Olympus
James Potter and the Kids of Olympus: Christmas Edition
Extra Scene: James Potter and the ElectroKids of Olympus
Extra Scene: James Potter and the Lover Boys of Olympus

Chapter Five

64K 1.4K 1.5K
By Poke_Master57

Percy's POV

Okay, so this is totally not awkward. Totally not. I'm just sitting at the Gryffindor table and everybody's staring at me. Totally not awkward.

Except Harry and Ron glaring at me, so at least that's normal.

Ginny and Hermione are probably the most awkward. They know me the best, and they can't even talk to me. It's kind of sad.

Even some of the other tables are staring. Everyone's staring, everyone's awkward. Well, besides Luna. She knows what I've been through, so I can talk to her.

Finally, she walked over. Thank the Gods. I was starting to get bored. The Gods know what happens when I get bored. She stood in front of me, not saying anything. You too, Luna? Fine. I'll start. You just be like that, Rainbow Face.

"'Sup, Skittles?" I say coolly.

She frowns, "Have another night terror last night, Perce?"

I shrug, "Nothing big, just the usual."

Hermione peeks over, "Wait, this happens a lot?"

I breathe out, "Thank the gods! I thought you were giving me the silent treatment."

When she doesn't laugh, I pout at her, "Wait, you are giving me the silent treatment?"

I must have sounded pretty small and pathetic because Luna ruffles my hair. "Aww," she coos, "Poor wittle Percy getting ignored."

Hermione laughed at this. Come on! I'm funnier than Skittles! McGonagall started walking around, handing sheets to kids. Hermione gets so excited she starts bouncing in her seat.

I lean over to Ginny, since clearly, Hermione's giving me the silent treatment, which is so unfair.

"Hey Ginny," I say, "What's Hermione so excited about?" She looks surprised that I'm talking to her. I snap my fingers in front of her face, "Hey, Ginny. Talk to me."

She turns to me and blinks. Then she shakes her head like Mrs. O'Leary would get water out of her fur. It is so hard to stand next to her while she shakes her fur out. There is so much water. Oh, who am I kidding. Son of Poseidon, guys!

"Oh, Hermione gets really excited about school. McGonagall's handing out schedules." I groan. This is officially the start of school and the end of my freedom.

Ginny laughed. At least I know this one still talks. "The teachers aren't that bad. Well, except the potions master hates all Gryffindors. But sometimes the homework takes a lot of time. But that's why we have 'Mione."

That's why I have Annabeth. But since she's not here, I guess I'll just rely on Hermione.

McGonagall handed me my sheet. I squinted at it. "Hermione," I say, "What's my schedule say?"

She looks at me disbelievingly. "Percy," She starts slowly, "It's upside down." Well, that's embarrassing.

I flip it right side up and whine, "'Mione! I still can't read it. I have dyslexia. Can you make it like, Ancient Greek or something?"

Hermione stares at me. "It's okay," she says, "You have the same classes as me, so you can just follow me, Ron, and Harry around all day."

Harry glares at me, no surprise there. "Just watch, Death Eater," He threatens, "You're not so great. I'll crush you in Care of Magical creatures, Ancient Greek, and every other subject."

I roll my eyes. There is no way he's beating me in Ancient Greek. "Idiot," I say in Greek, "Greek is my first language." Harry looks at me strangely. From the Ravenclaw Table, Luna snorts. Oops, maybe that was a little too loud.

The bell rings and I stuff a piece of bacon into my mouth before leaving with Hermione. "So 'Mione, what class is first?"

Hermione frowns, "Potions. The teacher hates Gryffindors. He's the Slytherin Head of House and is really biased."

This is going to be a piece of cake. Not only am I blessed by Hecate, there was a child of Hecate teaching everyone potions at Camp Half Blood a couple of years ago. I've got this in the bag.

"Cool!" I say, racing ahead of her, "To potions!" I run up a staircase. Hermione laughs. Finally! I've got my swagger back!

Hermione said, "The potions room is in the dungeons, Percy." She walks through a set of doors. As soon as the doors close, Harry and Ron are at my throat with their wands out.

"I don't know how you're getting her to trust you," Harry growled.

Ron added, "Let alone fancy you,"

Harry continued, "But you are not better than me. You act like you've been through hell and back. I have been through war. My family has been killed. I watched people die. You can't be braver than me, Death Eater."

I've been through two wars, I fumed in my head, I've watched more people die than I care to admit, and most of them have been my fault. Okay, maybe I haven't had my family killed, but that's because more than half of them are immortal.

Hermione walked back out saying, "Percy! How long does it take for you to..." She trailed off as she saw Harry and Ron threatening me.

They got off me and Ron pointed, "Percy attacked us!"

Harry quickly jumped onto the idea, "Yeah, 'Mione! We had to defend ourselves!" Hermione grabbed me by the arm and dragged me through the door.

I turned to her, "You don't believe them, do you?" I asked, uncertain. They may be jerks, but Hermione's been through a lot with them. I don't know who'd she trust.

She shook her head, "They never used to be like this. Harry was brave and smart and modest and Ron was funny and sweet. I don't know what's gotten into them, but until they get out of it, I don't know if I can be their friend."

I put my hand on her arm, "I'm sorry, Hermione. I know I'm not the brightest, but this is probably because of me. I never meant for any of this to happen."

She looked at me, tears brimming her eyes, "I'm not making a mistake by trusting you, am I?"

I grin and shake my head, "Come on! I'm Percy Jackson. You can trust me. I promise."

She hugged me, which caught me off guard. "Alright, Percy. Time to go to potions."

Time Skip to right outside Potions

Harry and Ron were glaring at my back, I could feel it. Hermione walked stiffly and purposely ahead of them. I couldn't help but feel like I tore apart their friendship, which made me feel guilty.

Hermione said, "Here we are. Be careful with this teacher, Percy. I swear he could hate us for breathing." I shrugged and we walked into the classroom. My eyes widened. I saw someone I never thought I'd see ever again.

"SEVVY!" I yelled like an Aphrodite Fangirl, jumping on his back, "You're alive!" I said in Greek. I was grinning like a maniac, and so was he.

"Percy Jackson," he said, unbelieving, "There's a face I never thought I'd see again."

I was ecstatic, "That's what I was thinking!"

Snape laughed. We go way back. I'd thought he died in the Titan War but here he is! He's the son of Hecate I was talking about! This is amazing!

Then Harry and Ron walked in and he growled, "Do me a favor and get off my back." I leapt off of him and had to face the awestruck trio.

Hermione was pointing and stuttering, "He didn't kill you." That was all she could manage.

Ron and Harry were excited, "See, 'Mione!?! Snape likes him so he must be a Death Eater!"

She swung around to face them, "Snape is a good person! He was never really a Death Eater, remember?"

I walked over to them, "Sev comes to camp with me and Luna every year. He's brave and good with kids, too."

Harry scoffed, "Brave and good with kids? Are we even talking about the same Snape?" Hermione dragged me over to another table. Sev started his lesson.

"Today," he said monotonously, "We will be making a dreamless sleep potion. I hear a certain Perseus Jackson is having fits in his sleep. Follow the instructions on the board."

I groaned. It was a swirly mess. "Sevvy! You know I can't read that."

Hermione muttered, "How can you call him Sevvy and not get killed?"

Snape smiled cruelly, "Granger! No talking. Five points from Gryffindor. Just use your book, Jackson. Quit your whining." He winked when no one was looking, though.

Why was he so mean to these guys? He was never like this in camp.

I opened my copy of the Ancient Greek potions book and flipped to the page. Oh! Sevvy taught us this potion when we were in camp! This was going to be a breeze.

I watched Snape walk around to the potions. Seamus Finnigan made some red thing that reminded me of the Phlegethon. How evil is that? Ron and Harry were not as bad, but Sev still told them that apparently, "They forgot to add the pixie wing," or something like that.

Hades, he was hard on these kids. He walked over to me and Hermione and he smiled, "Perfect, both of you! Thirty points each to Gryffindor." Hermione's jaw literally hit the table.

I stared at her, "What?"

She stuttered and looked at me, "Did you do something to Snape?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "No, why?" She shook her head. "Hermione! What is it?"

At this point, I was dying to know. I keep complaining about these wizard people. They are so complicated!

She shrugged, "He's in such a good mood. He treats you like your better than his best friend. I always make my potions like this, but one day you walk in and he gives us points! Did you do, like, the Imperius Curse on him?"

I laughed, "I don't know any spells. Me and Sevvy go way back, I told you that already. I've known him since I was twelve. Now I'm your age."

The bell rang as Hermione answered, "Whatever. Let's go to Care of Magical Creatures. Hagrid teaches it and he's amazing."

As we walk out, I hear Ron and Harry whispering behind our backs. Then I remember something.

"Hey, Hermione?" I ask as we walk over the hill to Hagrid's Hut.

She turns to me, "Yeah?"

I tilt my head, "What does 'fancy' mean?"

She looks confused, "It means that someone likes someone else. Why?"

I twirl Riptide between my fingers, suddenly embarrassed, "Ron said that you fancied me."

Hermione's face looked like it was about to explode. It was as red as the Ares cabin paint.

"That prick! Don't worry, Perce. He's just trying to get you away from me. He thinks that I'm making a mistake by trusting you."

She put her hand on my arm, "I know that I'm right. He's just used to a lot of attention since me, him, and Harry saved the world. He expects the girls to be all over him but then you come along. Harry's the same way. But you'll always have me and Ginny."

Now I'm really confused. What does she mean by "But then I come along?" And I ask her so.

She just laughs, "Sometimes it's okay to be really dense." And she walked away. Aargh! I was this close to taking them all and sending them to Uncle H.

Hagrid was the giant. The one everyone trusted. I don't trust giants, but Luna and Hermione trust him so why not? We have Care of Magical Creatures with the Ravenclaws, so I stood with Luna and Hermione as Hagrid brings out a... Pegasus? Alright!

Hagrid says, "This 'ere's a wild Pegasus. Very rare. 'er name's Silhouette." Me and Luna snorted. Oh yeah, I forgot a part. That 'girl pegasus'? He was Blackjack. How he got here, I have no idea.

Blackjack asked, Hey, boss? Why's this big hairy dude calling me Silhouette? Doesn't he know I'm too handsome to be a girl?

I snorted, and said back, Sorry, man. I'll get you some donuts over Christmas. These wizards think that Pegasi are really rare and they don't know much about them. Blackjack whinnied and trotted over to me, licking my face. Then he nuzzled Luna's hand.

Hagrid grinned, barely visible through his big bushy beard, "She seems to 'ave taken a liking to you, Percy."

I smiled, "That's because he's a boy and his name is Blackjack. He's my pegasus."

Ron screamed, "You liar! You've never seen a Pegasus before in your life! Admit it, Death Eater!"

Harry yelled, "Come off it, Slytherin! He's attacking you!"

Luna was quickly at my aid, even though I didn't need it, "Blackjack is Percy's! I've seen him before. Percy can ride him like a pro!"

When they scoffed, she glared at them. Wow, their expressions never get old. It's like they've been put in Tartarus. Psh. Stupid wizards.

Hagrid clapped his hands, "So we 'ave a volunteer for the riding part of the class? Percy, you may do the honors."

Ron and Harry gave me an, 'Oh, busted!" look. Like the whole camp when Annabeth found out I ripped her blueprints to shreds. Totally not my fault! Drew charmspoke me. Let's just say the infirmary became my home for a couple of weeks.

I smiled, "Gladly." Luna cheered me on in Greek, "Send their words to Hades, Perce." 

I grinned, "You know I will." I leapt onto Blackjack like I've done so many times and we took off.

Let's show off a bit, boy, I thought to him.

He neighed, Thought you'd never ask, boss. We blew the wizards away with a couple loops and spins.

When we landed, Blackjack made sure to beat his wings in Ron and Harry's faces, effectively making them squeal and scamper back a little. Like guinea pigs. I should know.

Hagrid clapped his large hands, "Alrigh'! Now you 'ave an example. You don' 'ave to leap right in like Percy, but fly. Percy can help people."

I waved, then said, "Luna's pretty good, too."

She smiled, "I can help."

Hagrid smiled, "Alrigh'! Now, get to work. We only have enough for everyone to pair up. Now, go!"

We shuffled around. Me and Hermione took Blackjack, and I called Guido so Luna could bring whoever she wanted. I climbed on after Hermione, earning myself a super glare from Ron. Oh my gods! It went from puppy eating a marshmallow to bunny eating a carrot.

"Alright, 'Mione," I say like I'm teaching at camp, "You want to be really gentle on the mane. Don't hold on too tight or jerk too hard. He can keep you up. He's a good one."

Blackjack whinnied in derision, Good, boss? I'm great! I laughed out loud, causing Hermione to look at me weirdly. Luna flew up next to me, not having a partner to ride with.

"Hey, Perce!" She said, "Seems like horseriding really speaks to you!"

I rolled my eyes. Way to keep your cover, Rainbow Face. How did she do it all these years? Suddenly, Ron, Harry, and their pegasus were in a nosedive to the ground.

Ugh. These wizards were a lot of work. Harry's robes caught on a branch like he was being wedgied. The pegasus crashed hard to the ground.

I was startled into action, "Luna! Take Hermione!"

Luna nodded, Guido lowering himself so that Hermione could climb on with her.

"Alright, Blackjack," I whispered, "Let's do what we do best." We shot down, hurtling toward the ground, hearing the other students screaming. We drew level with the falling Ron.

Boss! Blackjack whinnied, If I fall any faster I won't be able to stop! I nodded. I stood up like a surfer on Blackjack's back and got ready.

Then I jumped off.

I hit Ron from above and pulled myself into a roll. My shoulder hit the ground, taking the brunt of the fall for both of us. I felt it being shoved out of my socket, and I grimaced. I raced away from Ron, who was confused, but unscathed, and raced over to the pegasus.

He was in bad shape. The wing was bent and deep scratches ran across each side of his flank. Gryphon scratches. They were foaming. Gryphon claws were poisonous. This was bad.

Hagrid yelled, "Someone get Madam Pomfrey!" I shook my head, "Don't bother. She won't get here in time. Let me handle this."

When Hagrid started forward, Luna landed Guido in front of him, "Percy knows what he's doing. Trust him."

Hagrid looked pained, but watched me work. I took a canteen filled with Nectar out of my pocket and force fed the pegasus with ambrosia. Immediately, his wounds started getting better. But it was still bubbling dangerously from the venom.

I poured Nectar over the scratches like I'd done so many times and yelled to Luna, "Bandages!"

She nodded her understanding and handed me a roll. I wrapped the pegasus with the bandages and stepped back, breathing hard.

I looked at Luna. "Gryphon." I said in Greek, "You know what to do." I pointed at her leather bracelet, and she took off to the sky.

I turned to Hagrid, "Now, you can get Madam Pomfrey. His wing is in bad shape." Normally, I could deal with that myself, but I wouldn't want to draw more attention to myself than I already had.

Hermione stormed up to me, "The pegasus is in bad shape? What about your shoulder?" Hagrid looked surprised.

I looked down at my tattered robes. My arm was bent at a weird angle, sticking out from underneath my clothes.

Harry screamed from his place up in the trees, "Is anyone gonna get me down from here?"

I started to climb onto Blackjack, but he neighed in disapproval, Oh no! You better not get onto me! Let Luna do it. You're hurt.

I grinned, Aww, buddy! You really do care!

He snorted, Who else is gonna get me donuts? If you die, Annabeth is gonna feed me apples. Definitely not as good as donuts or sugar cubes.

I climbed onto him anyway, snickering. We took off, and I put a grumbling Harry on the back of my pegasus.

We landed and everybody cheered. They clapped me on the back and a spiking pain shot through my arm.

Luna, who landed and was covered in golden dust, pushed them all back. "Can none of you dimwits see that Percy is hurt? Don't you dare touch him!" They all look surprised. Luna was very territorial like Annabeth. This aggressiveness was different to them, I guess.

Nevertheless, when the period ended, everyone carried me to McGonagall's Transfiguration class while Harry and Ron were glaring and Hermione and Luna were smirking. I saved Ron's life! Well, probably not his life, but he would act like he died. Everyone kept on congratulating me, and I smiled from my place above the crowd.

I could get used to this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 355 26
Percy Jackson had survived the unsurvivable. He had faced off against Liam and the Titans and the war had been won. But the battles left their marks...
273K 4.7K 23
Percy, Thalia, and Nico go to hogwarts to protect Harry in his 4th year. Percy also competes in the Triwizard Tournament as a student from Hecate's S...
175K 11K 156
After another rough summer, Percy Jackson just wanted to have a calm school year with his family and friends. A year of joking and goofing around lik...
34.9K 649 36
After all the Seven had been through, don't you think they'd get a break? NOPE! Once again the fates have meddled in their lives, and it didn't turn...