Out Of Nothing At All

By Cherrywrotestories

Facing an unexpected challenge in her life, the reader must overcome her dislike of her colleague, Spencer Re... More

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Five
Part Six
Part Seven
Part Eight
Part Nine
Part Ten
Part Eleven
Part Twelve
Part Thirteen
Part Fourteen
Part Fifteen
Part Sixteen
Part Seventeen
Part Eighteen
Part Nineteen
Part Twenty
Part Twenty One
Part Twenty Two
Part Twenty Three
Part Twenty Four
Making Something Out Of Nothing At All
Do You Wanna Build A Snowman?
Mistletoe Kisses
Present Boxes
Sweet And Salty
Special Delivery

Part Four

17.7K 432 1.4K
By Cherrywrotestories

You raced home, making it back in record time and almost running three red lights on the way.

Shit shit shit.

This wasn't good.

You estimated you had maybe fifteen minutes before HE turned up, you knew it would likely take him longer to get to you.

You couldn't deal with this right now. You'd only just come to terms with the fact that you were going to be a mother, you didn't want to have to consider someone else's feelings as well.

And he'd want to be involved, you knew he would. Which is why you didn't want to tell him in the first place.

Pacing your living room, hand rubbing your stomach through your thick sweater you started to run through your options.

Lie to him and out rightly deny it? No, he'd know from the dates and would demand a test.

Run? You could probably manage to get a head start and leave now if you didn't pack anything and just abandoned everything.

Or... tell him the truth and accept the judgement and hurt that he was going to direct at you.

BANG BANG BANG

Shit..... He must have literally jumped in a car just after you.

BANG BANG BANG.

"OPEN THE DOOR Y/N."

Deep breath. Time to face the music.

Or..... Go out the back door. You could double back around to your car after he broke the door down, which he would no doubt attempt to do.

"Y/N OPEN THE GOD DAMN DOOR. WE NEED TO TALK."

Okay. Cool. Calm. Collected.

Tell him it was someone else's. Everyone knew you'd slept around a bit anyway.... Just not that recently. But it was a viable option.

But then how would that explain you bolting and not letting him in.

It wouldn't.

Fuck.

FUCK.

Time to grow up. Be an adult.

Come on Y/N.

You moved to the door and pulled it open.

"Hey, what's up!" You smiled brightly.

"Really Y/N? Move please."

You shifted to one side, allowing him into your house and following him through to your living room.

"You're pregnant." He stated matter of factly, looking you up and down searching for the signs of your bump.

"Would you like a drink?" You offered not meeting his gaze.

"You're 18 weeks pregnant according to the dates on that scan photo."

"Coffee? Tea? Water?" You tried again.

"It's mine isn't it?"

You finally met his gaze, your mouth set in a line.

"Were you planning on telling me at all Y/N?" His voice was surprisingly calm at the moment.

You didn't respond.

"You weren't, were you." Not a question, a statement.

"I wasn't planning on telling anyone." You finally admitted.

"So what? You were going to disappear for six months and return with a child."

"No, I just wasn't going to return."

"Christ, I knew you were a selfish bitch sometimes but seriously. So you weren't going to tell me that I have a child?"

"I don't know. Maybe. Probably. I would have told you eventually I'm sure. "

"What, when it was 18 years old? Or were you just going to leave it in a basket on my doorstep with a note?"

Why the hell hadn't you thought of that?

"You should have told me the moment you found out. I have a right to know."

"Look, I've barely come to terms with this myself let alone had the chance to think about other people. Yes I'm pregnant, yes it's yours."

"So what do we do now?"

"WE don't do anything. I'm doing this by myself. I don't want you to be involved."

"Erm, I don't think so. That's my child inside you. I'm being a part of its life." He stood with his arms crossed, resolve across his face.

You heard another car door slam then another knock at your door ten seconds later.

"I need to get that." You stalked past him to your hallway, hauling open your front door.

Hotch.

"Are you okay? Dave told me everyone knows and how they found out. I know you didn't want to tell them like that."

"It would've come out eventually."

"Has he tried to contact you?"

"Who?"

"Morgan. It's his isn't it? I know you've not out rightly told me but it's common knowledge that you two had a thing."

A voice came from behind you. "Morgan? Why does he think it's Derek's."

Shit. You hasn't realised he'd followed you out.

Hotch looked confused. "Reid?... What are you doing h.......Oh."

He looked at Spencer and then at you and you nodded in confirmation.

"Oh."

"So Hotch already knew. And why does he think it's Derek's Y/N? Or do you not know? Is that it? Is that why you've not told anyone, cos you don't know who the father is?" Spencer was getting angry.

"Spencer just calm down. It's not Morgan's."

"Really? Cos there must be a reason Hotch thinks that. And we all know you've not been exactly tight with your morals or keeping your legs shut this past year. Is Rossi in the running too?"

THWACK.

You felt the sting of his cheek against your palm and the feel of Aaron's hand around your wrist, pulling it back to your side.

"Shut the fuck up Spencer. Fine I've not been little miss innocent this year, but I know whose child this is and whose it isn't. Mine and Derek's 'thing', which is none of your business by the way, didn't extend that far. But believe what you want. It's easier for me if you choose to believe it's not yours, but there is no one else who's it could be."

"So you and Derek weren't sleeping together?" Spencer clarified.

"No! We were hanging out and having the odd make out session whenever the choice of options was limited at the end of a night out. I never fucked him though, I knew what a mistake it would turn out to be screwing someone I work with. And look how I managed to prove myself right."

"So I was a mistake? That's not what you were whispering to me the third time we made a mistake that night..... "

Your face flushed, wishing he'd shut up and stop.

"Fucking you was the biggest mistake I've ever made Spencer Reid. You were a mistake and this" You pointed to your stomach "is a mistake."

He followed your hand to where it was pointing, before pushing past you to the door.

"Well if you think of my child as that much of a mistake, then you won't mind if I sue you for full parental custody."

He slammed the door behind him.

You felt your bosses eyes on you, and you met his gaze.

"You and Spencer? What the.... How the....?"

It wasn't often you seen him speechless, but you'd just managed it.

How the hell indeed?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.6K 893 22
"i'm here because i made a choice, but what if that means i don't get out alive?" ariel reid's world gets turned upside down when her husband is sent...
2.4K 58 12
3 years after your familys murder life had finally seemed to be looking up for you; that was until you began receiving stranger letters in the mail...
163K 3.1K 9
It's not easy falling in love with someone. Especially when they're already in a relationship. What will Y/N and Spencer Reid do? **please read warni...
685K 8K 32
Y/N finds herself in a sticky situation after hooking up with one of her coworkers, Spencer Reid, while greiving the loss of her fiance. How will thi...