Part Six

Spencer Reids apartment was everything you expected it to be.

Tidy, clean, everything in its place. And completely full of books. Like everywhere. It was like a freaking library.

"Why do you have so many books? I thought you just memorised everything you read. " You ran your hand along one of his bookcases, seeing a large amount of first editions. So that's what he spent all his money on.

"I do. But I like to have actual physical copies of my favourites. Nothing beats the smell of an old book. Or a brand new one that's never been read before." He watched you carefully.

"I guess. I mean I'll personally always prefer actual books over E-readers. "

" Ugh. Don't even get me started on them... "

You grinned, recalling his disdain for tablets and paperless technology. You agreed to some extent, especially when it came to books, but you'd be completely lost without your cell phone.

"I'm gonna find some blankets and stuff. Be back in a second."

"Erm Reid..... Do you have something I could sleep in. Like a shirt or something?"

He swallowed hard before nodding and disappearing through a door into where you assumed his bedroom was. He returned a few minutes later with a stack of blankets and a pillow which he placed on the couch before handing you a dark purple shirt.

"Bathrooms over there." He pointed, and you slipped off your heels before padding barefoot across the room to get changed.

When you emerged a few minutes later, he'd made up the couch for you.

"Got anything to drink Reid?" You weren't quite as sleepy as you'd like to be yet and your rum was half finished.

He turned to you and you caught him double take at you before answering with a slight croak to his voice. "Wine? I have wine... white. Somewhere. Fridge I think." He stumbled over to the kitchen area, you hearing his fridge door open and the clatter of glasses.

You followed him through, leaning against the door frame and watching him as he bent over, rummaging through his refrigerator.

As annoying as he was, you found yourself checking his butt out. Tonight was one of the rare occasions you could recall seeing him wearing something other than slacks and a shirt. Instead he had on a pair of worn jeans and a plain grey t shirt, a large chunky green cardigan over the top despite the warm weather. The look actually suited him and the jeans made his ass look kinda cute.

He found the bottle and turned back around, pouring two glasses and handing you one.

"Please tell me you're wearing your underwear under that?"

His shirt was long enough on you that you'd just peeled off your skinny jeans, letting it hang loose on you.

"Panties yes. Bra.... No. Why. Does that make you nervous Dr Reid?"

"Let's just say it's not very often I have girls wearing my clothes is all."

You took a large gulp of your wine, swallowing the whole glass down quickly. He raised his eyes at you and copied you, refilling both glasses again. You walked back through to the living area, sitting on the make shift bed.

"Is my company that bad that you need to get wasted, Agent Y/N?"

"Nope. I'm just drinking to forget the monstrosity of a novel that douche tried to force upon me. Can I turn your TV on please?"

He passed you the remote, before sitting at the other end of the couch to you.

Oh. So he was joining you now. Well... It was his apartment. He had every right to.