Farewell and Goodnight || Seq...

Av lostinparadise25

There is new love, new hope, and new adventures to be shared. Ella is back at college to finish her second ye... Mer

Prologue
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen

One

8.7K 381 54
Av lostinparadise25

made this a bit longer and filled it up with nonsense and fluff.

just a heads up, there will be nellie in here.

mmhmm.

I was actually going to do like a nellie spinoff but i just felt bad for luke so yeah, this will have some nellie moments in here too :)

* * * * * * * * *

Chapter One.

{ M E G }

I kicked my shoes off as the kids came in behind me from the garage. Logan was a teenager, thirteen and almost as tall as me (I was suddenly shrinking), and Eva would be twelve in a couple months. The two still drove me nuts, but in a good way. They were my two little blessings.

"Mum, there's a message on the phone!" Eva said, raising her voice from the kitchen.

I rubbed my eyes. "Go ahead and play it!"

I straightened out my shoes and made sure the garage door was closed before walking down the hall towards the kitchen. The message rang out through the halls.

"Hey, it's Auntie El." Logan announced with a little smile.

"Oh! Umm, hi! It's Ellie." She sounded good. Chipper. That made me smile. "Man, I hate voicemails. Okay. Well, Luke kind of shoved me into this booth and I was thinking of you two and the kids. I guess I'll see you over the holiday. Call me back if you can. Feel free to interrupt my studies. Trust me, I won't mind. Love you all so much. Missing you. Bye."

The beep went off and the next message played as I began to wonder what I'd make for dinner. I opened up the fridge and scowled. I forgot to go grocery shopping.

"Hey, babe. It's Lou. Hope everything's well at work."

I tried not to laugh. Louis hated me working out on the field with Anderson at the agency. For the most part, I stayed in the department doing a bit more detective work and figuring out "whodunnit" and press conferences announcing the situation. I didn't mind. I preferred the field and the thrills it brought, but Louis preferred me alive.

"I'm gonna be a little late coming home. Our practice is going on for a bit longer. I'll be back before ten though. I love you and the kids. See you soon."

I huffed. "How does pizza sound tonight kids?"

"Awesome." Logan broke out into a big grin that made me laugh. The kid loved pizza.

"Anyone want to volunteer and order it?"

"I got it!" Eva spoke up, running off to get the computer.

"Thanks, sweetheart." I looked at my son with a little smile. "Anymore messages?"

"Umm," He looked at the phone again. "That's it, I think."

"I think Liam was calling me about the cabin affair." I murmured to myself. "We're going back up there around Christmas."

"Coooool."

"Yeah, you can see Dakota and your uncle and aunt."

"Hey, Mom, did you shoot anyone today?" Logan asked eagerly.

I tried not to laugh. "It's a lot different from Call of Duty, kid. You don't get to shoot somebody everyday and get away with it."

Logan sighed. "Man, if I had a gun I'd - "

"No one would be stupid enough to give you a gun." I joked with him.

"But what if I like promised to never use it on someone else?"

I raised my eyebrows as he spoke.

"Okay, promised to never use it at all?"

"Even then I wouldn't."

"What if there was a zombie apocalypse? Huh? Then would I be allowed to get a gun?" Logan was persistent. He was going through his violent video game phase.

I played along just because seeing him happy made me happy too. "If there was a zombie apocalypse, I would give you a gun to defend yourself."

"Good enough for me." His lopsided smile was back on his face. "Can I go grab the mail?"

"Sure, knock yourself out." I tossed him the keys. "Not literally though."

He laughed and ran out the door, the keys jingling in his hand. Eva came out of the living room as I rubbed my head.

"You're not going to tell him that you could easily get a gun at a place like K-Mart, right?" Eva laughed, putting the phone back onto it's set so it could charge.

"Course not." I drank some of my water so I could swallow my aspirin. Hopefully this headache went away quickly. I swallowed it with ease, feeling it run down my throat. I almost choked, realizing what my daughter said. "Wait, how do you know that?"

She just laughed and smiled innocently. I shook my head. It must've been her friends. Definitely her friends that told her that.

"I'll tell you, there were some crazier kids at my school when I was your age."

"How did you know my friends told me about that?" She opened up the fridge, glancing at me.

"I was a kid too, you know. I wasn't always old."

"Aww, you're not old, Mum."

"All right. What do you want from me, child?" I started to laugh.

"Nothing! I swear!"

"Mmhmm." I kissed her head as I walked past her. "Your brother went out for the mail so don't lock him out again." I glared at her as she poured herself a glass of juice. "I'm going to call Ellie back and lay down for a bit so can you finish up your homework before the pizza comes?"

"Sure, Mom. Hope you feel better."

"Thanks, sweetie." I grabbed the phone so I could call Ellie back and walked up the stairs to reach my room. I fell back onto the soft cushions and brought the phone to my ear.

"Hey! You got the voicemail!" Ellie chirped.

"And it was a very awkward one." I teased her, as we both began to laugh.

"I hate phone calls. You know that."

"I know, sweetie. That's why I love it when you feel obliged to call me."

"You suck." I heard her laugh. "So how have you been?"

"Fine. Everything's really good here. It's quieter. More peaceful. What about you?"

"Complete opposite. Got some big tests before holiday comes up."

"You'll be okay. You're a smart kid."

"Wow. Thanks, Meg. Means a lot."

I sat up on the bed and sat criss cross as I looked around Louis and I's bedroom. Waves of memories hit me as I looked at the photo on his bedside. It was all five of us. The kids, Ellie, and Louis and I. That was a couple months after all the hectic Roy situation. Looking back, it was absolutely insane. I was relieved it was over. We rarely spoke about it now.

"How's Luke?" I asked, with a little smile.

Ellie was silent for a long time until she laughed to herself.

"He's fine." She said softly, and I could clearly hear how flustered she was.

"Just fine? Are you sure about that?" I laughed softly as she groaned to herself.

"Shut up. He's just lovely, okay? He's just really sweet and I like him a lot."

"Aww. My wittle baby sister is growing up."

"Whatever. I called to talk to you, not to hear you baby me."

"Finals are getting to you!" I could hear how snappy she was getting.

"You have no clue. College is hard."

"You're gonna be all right. Promise. I know everyone's been wanting to talk to you. Dani especially."

"Really?" Ellie asked. "I'll call her up then."

I played with the fringed ends of the comforter as she vented and talked all about college. I could've rubbed it in on how I was completely done with school, but I didn't and listened to her intently. The phone call went on for at least three hours without even us realizing it. My sister and I were extremely close. I could talk to her about anything for the entire day. We had a special bond and I couldn't imagine not having her in my life.

Louis came home as I was still on the phone with her and immediately went up to our bedroom.

"Hey, Louis just walked in." I said into the phone as I smiled at him. He came over and kissed me quickly.

"Sorry, I'm all sweaty." He laughed a bit. "Tell Ellie I said hi."

"Ellie, my husband says hello."

"Put me on speaker." She said after yelling something to her roommate.

"You are now on speaker, my dear."

"LOUIS!"

Louis jumped, dropping his football bag as Ellie screamed out. I tried not to laugh but the sight was hilarious.

"ELLA! WHAT IS IT?" He yelled back, smiling at me.

"YOU CAN'T JUST TELL MEG TO TELL YOU TO SAY HI TO ME."

"ACTUALLY I CAN."

"I MEAN, I'M RIGHT HERE. HELLO."

"WELL, I SAID HELLO BEFORE. SO, AGAIN. HI."

"SO HOW'S YOUR FOOTBALL PRACTICE GOING?"

"GREAT, KID. DON'T FORGET TO CALL NIALL, ALL RIGHT?"

"I think I just might burst out into tears now. THANKS LOUIS."

"LOVE YOU DARLING." Louis cackled as he headed over to the showers.

I took Ellie off speaker and pressed the phone back up to my ear.

"Nellie forever right?"

"My heart hurts. I'll call you back when I'm emotionally stable." She joked, making me laugh.

"Bye, sweetie. Love you."

"Love you too." She said and we both hung up. I laughed softly to myself as I got off the bed and bumped into Louis as I tried to get downstairs.

"You really need to get in the shower." I told him, with a laugh. "I'm not touching you, until you do."

"Well, think again, babe." He grinned as he quickly wrapped me in a huge bear hug before I could even start running. I screamed as his sweat began to stick onto my shirt.

"Boo!" I laughed as I shoved him off me. He even rubbed his cheek onto me, the sweat all over my body.

"Now, you'll have to shower with me." He winked as he got a towel from the cabinets.

I bit my lip and fought back the urge to blush. "You wish."

He chuckled. "See you downstairs, beautiful."

"You are being so cheeky today." I laughed. "What do you want from me?"

He kissed my head, receiving a weird look from me. All he did was head into the showers with a small smile and left me standing in the hallway, completely dumbfounded.

Some days we were happier together than others. Other days we fought and screamed at each other until we settled down. I guess this was one of the better days that I just shouldn't question at all.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

363 29 20
Ella ran away to try and start a new and hopefully happy life. On this journey Ella will end up meeting 5 boys who might be able to help her find so...
16.3K 199 27
When Liam makes the bold decision of taking time off touring in America to visit the 14 year old, who Megan claims to be his daughter, on her 15th bi...
24.6K 841 59
Lily's life was as perfect as it could be until she lost her parents. She had nowhere to go and no one to share her feelings with. At this time, she...
1.7K 272 58
Bristol is a young 20 year old with a big heart. As she was walking across the street, she discovers a really handsome, British band mate named Louis...