The Glorious Triumph - Previo...

By emy1999

Grey Carson is South Portland High School's nerd and outcast, bullied by everyone. Caster is the anonymous un... More

The Glorious Triumph
~The Characters~
1: Daily Life
2: Ass Was Served
3: Snooper Trooper
4: Hump Day
5: One Secret Down
7: This Is How I Roll
8: Psychic Aunts
9: Run Boys
10: Fight Night Part One
11: Fight Night Part Two
12: Alive
13: Televised
14: Hoping For The Win
15: Homecoming
16: Falling Into Place
17: Grey Space
18: Separation
19: Not Gordon Ramsey
20: Eternal Slumber
21: Upon Arrival
22: Questions And Known Answers
23: What Family Should Be
24: Going Through The Motions
25: Confessions
26: Crunch Time
27: The Run Down
28: Even On Break It's Not Break
29: Incomplete
30: A Hopeful Start

6: Damn Aunt Danielle

16.6K 499 174
By emy1999

Ryan's POV

~~~

I got home before Caster would get there. In my hand were the papers Canelo had given me, a paper with my signature on fighting and my training program. I looked at it closer. I can't believe I just did that. I look at my meal plan he was insistent on me doing.

~

Wake Up

16oz Water with Lemon

Breakfast (Pre-Workout)

Green Protein Smoothie

1-2 cups Spinach, 1 banana, 1 serving of Grass Fed Whey, Sprouted Brown Rice or Pea protein powder, blended with ice and water)

1 teaspoon of Fish Oil taken separately

Post Workout

Organic Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt

2 Tbs of Chopped Walnuts

1/2 cup Organic Blueberries

Lunch

Large Green Salad made up of 1 cup Baby Romaine, 1 cup of Spinach, 1 cup of Cabbage topped with Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Mushrooms

Protein can be mixed in. 1 Can of Wild River Tuna. Just tossed with vinegar, mustard, green onions and celery.

Dressing for salad can be LIGHTLY tossed with Olive Oil, lemon, and vinegar.

Snack

1-2 Red Peppers and 1 Sliced Cucumber

3 Hard Boiled eggs with 1 yolk

Dinner

1 bunch of Grilled Asparagus and Zucchini lightly tossed in Olive Oil and Himalayan Pink Salt

3-4 oz of Organic Chicken or Turkey grilled, baked, or slow cooked.

1/2 cup Organic Low Sodium black beans topped with Pico De Gallo

Evening Snack (Only if hungry)

2oz of Organic Chicken or Turkey

Sliced cucumbers and celery

~

I think the worst about of this is that I hate most of the veggies on here. What teen likes asparagus or zucchini? And what the hell is grass fed whey?! I groan quietly and I hear my aunt's walking stick hitting the floor and doorway to the kitchen. "Hello, Ryan. Were you a good boy today?"

"Yes," I replied nearly shouting at her. Hopefully she had her hearing aids on.

She nodded and her hand stretched out to me and touched my arm. She trailed up it and pat my head. "Good, can't have you ruining your life like my sister did to your dad." I rolled my eyes. Everyday now since my parents got divorced. "He was such a kind man."

"Yeah, I know Dani," I replied back. It was true though. My dad, Henry Tanner, was a loved businessman. My mother, Julia Hayworth, however was a gold digger. And I watched as soon as my mother's need for money irrupted. He grew colder with time but I still got better treatment from him than my mother. It really was a relief when they both gave each other the paperwork to sign. I thought my dad would've wanted me and would take me in, god knew my mother wouldn't. But he didn't either. They signed me off to my mother's sister. At that time she was only partially blind, but this woman got sick easily I guess. She got Ménière's disease on top of her Macular Degeneration. And I don't know what drugs the judge was on but it was approved. Thankfully. Otherwise I'd be in Alaska, helping my dad's sister and her family. Those people were crazier than everyone in our family combined (which says a lot). So that's how I got stuck with Aunt Danielle.

Aunt Dani nodded and went toward her room leaving me in silence in the kitchen.

Then the doorbell rang and I instantly knew who it was. For the past week, every day about 3-4 times, the 10 year old neighbors ding-dong-ditch our house. Little bitches. When I go to the front door, I hear Aunt Dani shouting, "That's right! Run you little bastards. Get hit by a car, I won't care!" I run there and see this 5'4" woman with a large pump-action shot gun.

"Oh my god."

"Oh hush, Ryan. It isn't loaded, nothing to worry about," she said casually putting it down next to the front door.

"How the hell did you get a shotgun?!"

"Easy. My cousin, Reese, came to visit me yesterday while you were out. I told her about our little situation and she brought this bad boy over this morning. It's her son's, Jackson's."

I just stood there unsure of what to say except, "Damn."

"And it was right by the door when you got here. I'm surprised you didn't notice. Maybe you're going blind like me," she joked with a smile. She turned with her blind walking stick and left to her room. I look at the gun then at her leaving figure already at the end of the hall. I shake my head again and pull out my phone after it vibrated.

From: Waters-bitch

Ryan, babe, come over. I need you here.

I rolled my eyes, not responding. I block her number instead. I tend to do it when I'm in a mood or she pissed me off. And yeah, today she pissed me off. Bitch.

I looked for Kyle's number nd called him. But with no answer. I tried it again, still going to his voicemail. I sighed then resorted to my back up, Parker. I called him and her answered by the third ring. "Hey, Park."

"Hey, Ryan! I was just thinking of calling you actually."

"Really, huh?"

"Yep."

"Do you happen to know where Kyle is?"

"When he dropped me off he said he had to go to the sports shop. Apparently needed some things there."

I nodded, "Okay. And the reason you were going to call me was because..?"

"I was thinking of another party. My parents are out of town for the rest of the week on business trips. Then Tyler is out with his study group."

"Study group? It's the first week of school. What the fuck is he studying for?"

"SATs and ACTs. Apparently someone got perfect scores and he's pissed because he almost did."

"Damn that kid needs to chill out," I shake my head, thinking of my SAT scores. I did okay I guess, an 1800 is pretty good I think. Kyle got a 1900. He's always been a little smarter. I think Parker said he just passed though.

"I know! So yeah. The house will be empty for tonight. Wanna join?"

"Yeah, but when Marina comes try and have everyone else keep her the fuck away from me."

"Got it dude! Come over now and help me get ready." We hang up and as I'm about to leave I look down at my clothes. Blood was still on them. Going to a party like this would be great wouldn't it? I go to my room and undress. I get a brown leather jacket, red flannel, dark jeans, and my Timberland boots. "Yeah, that's a bit better. I go to Aunt Dani's door and knock on it hard. "Going out, see you later."

"Okay, kiddo, don't do anything stupid!"

"No promises!" I joked as I left.

He lived close by, only a block and a half away. I smiled a bit when his house came into view. He had a large Federal style brick house. In front, it was all red brick, white window trim, black shingles, black roof and seven fireplace chimneys standing up. I walk up to the heavy white wooden door then enter into the foyer, opening up to two stairs that connected to one at the top. I love his house, it's seriously amazing.

On the West Wing, was a library, master bedroom and bath, and office. East side was kinda an entertainment place. It had a great hall, kitchen, game room/living room, and dinning room. Damn, I want a house like this.

"Parker?" I asked, my voice echoing in the empty foyer.

"Yo, Ryan! In the kitchen!" Parker's voice boomed. I went to the East Wing and found Parker testing the beer tap. "Welcome back to the Wilson household."

"I think the proper term is mansion," I laughed. "What beers can I look forward to for later?"

"I got the seasonals from Sam Adams and a few of the good Blue Moons, Yuenglings, Corona. Ya know the usual. And yes, Steve is coming to help out with the bar, just running late."

"It's cool how he refills the supply so it looks like you had nothing," I lean against the kitchen island.

He nods, "I know right!"

"And pizza?"

"You know Henry got us with that one, dude," he said with sass oozing out of him.

I chuckle quietly, "Send out the text?"

He held up his Samsung S6 Edge Plus with a grin, "Yep!"

"Good job, and what time should expect you drunk by?"

"Hm, within the next two hours, everyone is coming then. Oh, and do you think the cheerleaders would strip again like last time?"

"Probably, they tend to do that a lot at our school." My mind instantly flashes back to the summer parties and all the things those girls did. Damn. "Which sports teams are coming?"

"Soccer, football, well pretty much everyone. Only the returnees though since all the clubs are getting into action."

"You're playing football again this year?"

"Probably, I understand it easily."

I roll my eyes laughing. He was good at it though so I can't say anything bad. He might get scouted. "Good for you bud."

The bell rings and Parker perked up, "That's Steve and Greg."

"Greg the DJ?"

"Yep!" he sprints to the door and I follow keeping myself at a 20 foot distance. Once he opened it, I see the tattooed head-to-toe Greg and the now violet haired Steve.

"Ryan! Don't ya got to be in school tomorrow?" Greg grinned and gave me a bro hug patting my back. He reeked of buffalo chicken wings. Not a surprise.

"School? What's school?" I jest with a grin.

"First week of school hasn't even finished yet, and here you are waiting to get wasted."

"You know me well, Greg."

"Ryan, shape up a bit," Steve smirked.

"Violet hair now?" I tilted my head inspecting it better.

"Yep, awesome huh?" he grinned proudly and ran a hand through it.

"Yes, yes. It blends well into your dark Asian skin and almond eyes."

"Great to know specifically what you liked it blending in with, Cracker Jack."

"Aw, damn, if my name was only Jack," I pondered.

"Alright, can we get this party started?!" Parker smiled ear to ear clapping his hands together.

And within the next hour at 9:00, Greg was blasting his music in the corner of the Great Hall. Currently, Panda by Desiigner echoed through out the house, shaking it to it's core. He even was able to set up some strobe lights that reflected off of the chandelier. Looked bomb as fuck. Cheerleaders did come and let me say, they got fine asses. There were at least 50 drunk teens in the Great Hall and 20 in the kitchen. Henry hooked us up with 5 large boxes of pizza that ended up everywhere around the kitchen, mainly with Parker.

"Dude, how many slices of pizza did you eat?" I asked with wide eyes at the unbelievable sight.

"12!" Drunk Parker grinned proudly. Parker drunk happened to be a hungrier version of the sober one. Ya know, if it were humanly possible.

People cheered and it made my head spin, "You fat ass!" The music blared into my eyes, destroying my eardrums. Watch me get hearing aids when I'm 30.

"I can eat whatever I want! And keep making fun of that..." he paused and looked at me with emotionless eyes, "and I'll eat you too."

I step back turning on my heals, "Okay, see ya bud." What the actual fuck? Greg was playing some good songs. I squeezed by the people dancing in the Great Hall and found empty space closer to the game room.

"Ryann," a voice slurred behind me. I turned looking at Tristan and instantly, it felt like the SS Annoyance had just Titanic-ed my face. Yes I know that was a horrible event but that horrible event can describe now.

"Oh whoop-de-fucking-do, it's Tristan the varsity boys soccer captain," I announced with a false excited tone and with waterfalls of sass. Crown me the King of Sarcasm.

"The rest of the boys are here chill out," he laughed. "And we brought a newbie!" Behind him was a completely sober kid. Kevin I think. Yeah, the one hanging around Grey like a lost puppy.

"Hey, Tanner," he said casually with perfect posture.

I straighten up and smile, "Hello, Kevin."

"Nice seeing you, now let's get you home, Tris. Our ride is in front," Kevin looked at Tristan who was tripping over his own two feet. Which was hilarious.

"Tyler there? Don't forget about Mark tooooooo. He can get lost in a damn shoooe box," he burred and Kevin's face scrunched up in disgust. He reeked of alcohol.

"They're there already, waiting for you. See you later, Tanner," Kevin said without looking at me as he leads Tris away. I follow curiously to the window and see a large lifted truck but couldn't manage to see the driver before Kevin got them all in the car and they drove off.

"Hey babe," a small drunk red-head cheerleader smiled at me tipsy.

I smiled back, "You done with the other boys?"

She nodded, "Your turn now!"

The song changed to I Took a Pill In Ibiza by Mike Posner and the other drunks cheered louder in excitement.

She took me by my hand and we left the loud and crowded room, slipping into darkness of a room and letting stupidity win us over.

~~~

"Dammit," I groaned holding my head tightly with a light hangover but it was still effective. I look around seeing myself on the couch of Parker's library with the red head cheerleader naked on my chest.

My groan must have had woken her up and she yawns loudly and leans off of me falling to the floor. She squeaked surprised and looked up at me blushing before grabbing her clothes, dressing in less than 10 seconds, then bolting out of the room.

I get up dressing as well going to the Great Hall where the party was last night. And what do ya know, it looked spotless, as if no one even was there. I smiled a bit knowing Parker's buddies helped him out. I searched for him finding nothing in the kitchen but went to the spotless game room. The only thing out of place was Parker who laid on the couch. I poked his forehead roughly, "Dude, you living?"

He coughed and his eyes widen, I watching his fleeting figure bolt into the bathroom and his pukes echoed over to where I stood. In the first week of school, I've managed to get my ass kicked by a girl, get wasted, kick some dudes ass, signed my soul to a damn boxing tournament, and get drunk again. It's going great for me all right.

My phone buzzed and I saw it was from Canelo.

From: Canelo Alvarez

Two things. 1: better be up and ready. 2: you aren't going to school, you're working your ass off.

Be here in 20 minutes.

Canelo.

I sighed and shouted to Parker, "Park! I'm taking your car, won't be going to school!" Parker grunts in response and I go to where the car keys are kept and head to the garage. Once I step in, I'm exposed to the Wilson collection of cars. I went to Parker's, a 2017 Audi R8. Lucky bitch, getting Audis while having crappy grades I bet. Meanwhile, I'm car-less.

Once I got there Canelo stood with crossed arms and a wicked grin. "You ready, kid?" I nodded and he blew his whistle into me ears. I cup them quickly trying to muffle it. "Here's what you have to do today." He gave me a paper and I look at it intensely.

~

Day One:

High Knees: 20 seconds

Squats: 20 seconds

Burpees: 20 seconds

^ Repeat the above 10 times with 1 minute rest ^

Elbow Plank: 10 seconds (20 sec rest), 20 seconds (20 sec rest), 10 seconds (20 sec rest), 20 seconds (20 sec rest)

^ Repeat the above 10 times with 1 minute rest ^

Jumping Jacks: 1 minute

Side Leg Rises: 1 minute

Toe Tap Hops: 1 minute

Lunge Step-Ups: 1 minute

Plank Rises: 1 minute

Climbers: 1 minute

Plank Jacks: 1 minute

^ Repeat the above 10 times with 1 minute rest ^

~

"Dude this only day one!? What's tomorrow's?" I asked looking at it shock. He handed another paper with the same evil grin in place.

~

Day Two:

Burpees: 10 seconds (20 sec rest), 20 seconds (20 sec rest), 10 seconds (20 sec rest), 20 seconds (20 sec rest)

^ Repeat the above 5 times with 1 minute rest ^

Plank Jacks: 15 seconds

Plank Leg Rises: 15 seconds

Plank Arm Rises: 15 seconds

Climbers: 15 seconds

^ Repeat the above 10 times with 1 minute rest ^

High Knees: 30 seconds (30 second rest), 30 seconds (30 second rest)

^ Repeat the above 10 times with 1 minute rest ^

~

I breathe heavily, "This is what I'll need to be doing? Just to get into shape? I'm already in shape!"

He sighs shaking his head, "Yeah, you're in shape but not boxing in shape. Your body isn't in shape to fight, just to be healthy. And we little time to get you to that so we start off hard and end even harder. Next week, we're adding 5 repetitions to each." I felt my jaw hit the floor hard.

"What about actually learning how to box?!"

"Oh you will Sunday probably, need you to get some praining."

"Praining?"

"Pain and training," he smiled. "And I know you worry so much about grades and with school, you'll probably get little time to yourself. You'll sleep most of the time and be in constant pain. The pros get that way too. So get a tutor. I know already that you drink, the fetor of alcohol still lingers in your breath. No more drinking. I might give you a cheat day when I see fit. Understood?"

I nodded mutely. So everyone here went through this?

"I can't hear you, kid."

"Yes, sir!"

"Good, now let's get you started on those high knees," he grabbed my bag and threw it to Will.

Will caught it with one hand. "I'll get some water bottles and towels." He left with my bag going somewhere in this giant place.

"I told you, you just signed your death certificate," Jason sang as he leaned against a wall, his muscles bulging and I could see most of his veins pulsing.

And I couldn't help but admit it. I really did.

★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・・★・・・・・・・★

Published April 25th, 2016. 3106 words

Any character you want to see more of?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 3.9K 24
Meredith Skye and Alec alescio. Two completely different people While Alec was busy being spoiled by his family, Meredith had to fight for her life. ...
335K 9.7K 51
Highest Rating: #73 in TEEN FICTION Cover is fan made :) "Being a nerd had destroyed my self esteem enough; I'd had it." People can be cruel. Many do...
257K 6.3K 21
Crystal Peters is the 'nerd' of the school. Everyone there bullies her: cutting, hitting, and words all come her way at Crystal prep. Ironic much. W...
4.1K 187 35
Tessa O'Conner isn't your typical high school girl. She's had a cheating boyfriend, alcohol addiction, and she is a streetfighter. Nobody knows about...