8. At His Command (BWWM) [Boo...

By kudz12

First book - At Her Command Second book - Talia Third book - ⬇️⬇️⬇️ (This one) My favorite couple Linc and Me... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - The Commissioner
Chapter 10
Chapter 11 - Raquel
A/N
Chapter 12 - Family and Friends
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Snippet
Chapter 15
Q/A Session
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
A/N - fellow readers
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Sorry - Not an update
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Epilogue
Dangerous Affair (bwwm)

Chapter 33

3.9K 276 14
By kudz12

"Uncle Linc!" Two boys yelled as they got out of the car.
"Boys," he said crouching down before he was tackled onto the ground by them.

"Take it easy boys," a deep voice said as Mel looked up to look at the man before her.
He had the power to destroy a nation at the push of a button but chose to serve the country well.
"Melinda, a pleasure to finally meet you. I am sorry I could not come sooner," he said taking her hand for a simple kiss.
"Mr...Mr.."
"Please call me Adam," he said as Linc lifted the two boys up carrying them into the house whilst he wheeled Mel inside.

"I can't remember the last time Mel was this speechless," Linc said as they settled in the living room.

A few minutes later a woman carrying a little girl walked into the room as Mel's eyes widened.
"Darling remember the man I spoke of, this is he and his wife," Adam said going on to make formal introductions.
"What can I get you?" Mel asked after a few minutes.
"Any juice is fine by me," Nicole (Adams wife) said as Adam nodded for the same.

Leaving them she headed to the kitchen.

"She seems to be doing alright," Adam said.
"That's Mel for you. I don't know how she does it, if it was me I don't think I would be taking life positively as she is," Linc said softly.
"Don't underestimate the power of a woman gentlemen," Nicole said standing up handing their daughter to her father. "Please excuse me," she said heading in the same direction Mel went.

"Hi Mel," she said as Mel turned to face her quickly hiding her phone.
Nicole frowned after seeing this but said nothing.
"Hi. I was just about to come back," she stuttered.
"Well I wanted to chat with you without the boys around only if you will oblige me," she said.
"Oh, gladly."

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened," she said seeing Mel become more tense.
"Please don't shut me out. I know what you went through," she said sitting down. "All this," she said pointing at her prim and proper attire, "is just a cover up. Sort of like a shield if you may say."
"What happened?" Mel asked weakly.
"Being the wife of a senator had its perks and downfall. An opponents of his wanted to get incriminating information form him and chose to target his weakness. The rest you might have an idea of," she said with a smile.

Rolling up her slack Mel gasped seeing the angry red scar on her leg as tears poured out.
"I know what you are going through and I want you to know you are not alone. Your husband loves you dearly and when I heard about the situation I flew in for your surgery," she said as Mel's eyes widened.
"Why?"
"Because us girls got to stick together. There was no way I was going to let a fool who didn't know what he was doing operate on you. Your husband is a dear friend, more like a brother to us. But when he called yesterday I knew something was wrong I insisted in coming with Adam," she said as Mel tried to wipe away her tears failing miserably.

"It's okay dear. It's alright to cry," Nicole said leaning forward to hug her. "You are a fighter Melinda," she whispered.
Lincoln found them like this before turning to leave giving them some space.

---

"I need Rafael taken care of," he said to Adam.
"Shut him up taken care of or erased taken care of."
"Erase him," he replied.
"No problem at all. You owe me a basketball game for this," he said.
"Done," Linc said with a wide grin.
He knew the man before him controlled an organization that handled such matters hence his request. Very few people knew of this organization.

"I think the ladies are done now," he said with a worried expression after seeing Mel weep in Nicole's arms.
"Relax they will come when they are both ready. In the mean time you can show me were I can change this little ones diaper," he said making Linc laugh.
"Come on I'll show you," he said.

"This is my private line, call me anytime," Nicole said before they bid each other farewell.

---

"Just how many powerful friends do you have?" She asked.
"More than enough," he chuckled at they waved at the motorcade.
"Remind me to have a sit down with you one of these days. I can't believe you let the first lady see me like this," she muttered.
"She is just like you Mel. Besides after seeing you in paper gowns I think this is an upgrade," he chuckled making her smile.
"Next time give me a fair warning," she mumbled as he picked her up.
"Sure thing love," he said as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

He smiled seeing her relaxed glad Nicole had spoken with her. If she needed a support system she had to know she had one. Mom and Meg even Lia had been nagging him constantly about her health but she needed someone who knew what she was really going through and he knew Nicole was the right person since she already knew the extension of her wounds.

"We need to wake up early for your physiotherapy session," he said as he pulled the covers over them.
"I need to show you something Linc," she said reaching for her phone.

Call your hounds off Melinda!

Reading the message Linc simply smiled.
"He is getting frustrated. This means he is going to make a mistake very soon and give off his location. Don't let this bother you at all love," he said kissing her head.
"Goodnight my love," she said with a smile.
"Goodnight love," he said tightening his hold on her.

----

"That's right Melinda. Just one more step," the therapist encouraged her as Linc stood by her ready to catch her if she fell.
Her legs gave out as Linc quickly grabbed her.
"It's okay love," Linc said gently.
"No, Linc it's not okay. I hate this! I hate them," she yelled as she grabbed ahold of the bars.
Grabbing her chair she settled down before she wheeled herself out of the room.

Sighing he told the therapist to wait as he went after her.

"Sweetheart," he said softly but she refused to look at him.
Turning away from him completely hiding her tears.
"Melinda," he whispered turning her chair so he could see her but she avoided his eyes looking down instead.

"I can't do this Linc. I'll never walk again, I'm going to remain a burden for the rest of my life...," she said wiping away the never ending tears.
"Hush baby," he said silencing her as he took over wiping her tears. "We are doing things my way. First we are going to take five steps together, five, nothing more. Then you rest. Tomorrow we take ten," he said as she shook her head no.
"Melinda Shields, I will put you across my knee this very instance if you do not listen to me," he growled angrily as she looked at him with obvious bewilderment. "How else are you going to make Marco scream like a little girl," he said in a serious tone as a small smile graced her lips.

"Now chin up love. I want you chasing after me when I steal some cookie dough," he said making her laugh as she remembered that very scene.
The therapist smiled seeing her return looking much better than before. And indeed five steps did they take but he surprised Linc by taking five more, even though by the end of it she was tired she wore a proud smile a smile that reflected Linc's own.

"You did great sweetheart," Linc said as he settled her in her chair.
"Thank you," she smiled as he took her up to freshen up.

-----

At eight months she was having difficulty doing the smaller things because of her being wheelchair bound. Linc had returned to work and the world still believed her dead. Only the few knew she was alive and kicking.
"Sweetheart!" She heard Linc yell as soon as he entered the house with the children in tow.
"In the kitchen!" She called out making Andre laugh at their yelling contest.

"Hie," he said standing at the entrance smiling at her just as the children argued over who would greet her first. The things they fought over always surprised Linc and Mel.
"Mama look at what Ryan is doing," Rose mumbled close to tears as Ryan's features softened seeing his sister was about to cry.
"I'm sorry Rose," he pouted.
"Good evening mama," Zach said in greeting kissing her cheek before he headed for his room to change once Mel had enquired about his day and how he was. They twins were about to follow their brother out...

"Rose, Ryan. Are you forgetting something?" Mel asked gaining the Twins' attention.
"Good evening mama," they both said kissing a cheek respectively.
"Good evening my babies. How was your day today?" She asked seeing the mischievous smiles on their faces as she looked up at Linc worried.
He was no help at all as he tried to hold in his own laughter.
"Why don't you guys go change whilst I tell mama what you did today," Linc said seeing the worried expressions they now wore.

"Please tell me it wasn't bad."
"Well not really," Linc said. "They were playing hide and go seek. But you know your children they go overboard. Their teacher was looking for them for most of the day disrupting any further afternoon activities," he said.
"I am going to have a word with those two. And I don't want any objections Lincoln because I assure you this soon they will be your problem if they don't get kicked out of that school," Mel said.
"As you wish mama," Linc said backing up.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" Mel said stopping him in his tracks.
He wore a devilish grin as he walked towards her.
"Good evening sweetheart," he said in a husky voice before kissing her slowly on the lips.
"Good evening Mr Shields," she breathed out making him chuckle.

Heading up to change he heard her yell, "Ryan! Rose! Get down here!" As he winced in pain for them. They were definitely going to get an earful maybe some time in the naughty corner.

---

"When do you want to be resurrected from the dead?"
"Hmmm how about when the baby is born. I don't want any other form of stress," she said as he rubbed coco butter over her belly.
"Very well," he said as she winced in pain rubbing her back.
"Are you alright love?"
"Linc I think this baby has a mind of its own. But it's too early," she said as he rubbed her back.
"No, aren't due for another three weeks?"
"Well like I said this baby has a mind of its own. Now get dressed and let's do this," she said as he grabbed his clothes.

Driving to the hospital they cleared the back entrance as they made their way to the top floor which was already sealed off. He remained by her side through it all as she only delivered the following day just as the sun rose, Tessa Shields joined them.

"It is time," Mel whispered as she drifted off to sleep.

Almost there 😭😭
Will miss your awesome comments for this book. But again we can continue this lovely journey together in the next book I will be focusing on, his achilles heel.

Have been thinking of trying something different.
What do you guys think of an African based novel??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 1K 68
Oneshots (that are not in order) inspired by my Fanfiction work but with original characters. A lawyer who's married to a 'Don' and their new foster...
31.2K 1.4K 46
Toni Braxton and Birdman Love Story.
115K 6K 16
To understand this story please read At her Command. That way you will not be confused with the characters. -------------------- "Wha..what do you..y...
270K 4K 33
(Editing) THIS IS A BDSM BOOK, DON'T LIKE IT? BE A NICE PERSON, JUST SKIP DON'T REPORT. "You are mine, Bella. Mine to fuck and mine to love. Say it."...