We're a Family

By Soccerstar2015

From average days to big tournaments, best friends, Hope Solo and Carli Lloyd, look out for their daughter Ju... More

(1) A Little Bit of Trouble
(2) Good Morning to You too!
(3) Realizations
(4) Explosions
(5) Mama and Me
(6) Tobs
(7) Pancakes!
(8) Dinner Dates
(9) MoMo
(10) Pregame
(11) Goals!
(12) Keep it Together
(13) Just Don't Hurt Her
(14) That Time
(15) M&Ms
(16) No Ice!
(17)Grounded
(18) Bowling
(19) Heat Stroke
(20) Uh Oh
(21) Mama-ing
(23) Planning
(24) Aftermath
(25) Cinnabon
(26) Bully
(27) Guess Who's Here?
(28) Mom and Papa
(29) Fish Fishy
(30) Training
(31) Progress In Two Directions
(32) Sweet Surprises
(33) "Bye" but possibly "Hi"?
(34) New Additions
(35) Understanding
(36) Ring! Ring!
(37) Insta-Fam
(38) Adventures in Writing
(39) We're Sisters
(40) Leaning on Eachother
(41) I'll Get It!
(42) Not So Sweet Surprises
(43) Moms
(44) Hide and Seek
(45) Strawberry
RED ALERT: GOOD NEWS!!

(22) Jealousy

3.3K 69 8
By Soccerstar2015

Morgan's POV

"What are y'all doing?" I laugh watching Julie and Mallory blow bubbles in their chocolate milk. "This is why everyone treats us like kids." I giggle taking a sip of my water and biting into my cookie.

"I am a kid." sasses Mal sticking out her tongue. "JJ do you know where Chris went?" 

"Yeah," awnsers Julie taking my cookie from me and  eating half of it, "she went to the bathroom."

"Hey!" I protest snatching the rest of it back. "Get your own!"

"You've already had two Moe. You can share." she says taking it away from me. She breaks it in half and gives some to Mallory and eats the other part. Mal looks at me unsure what to, so I nod giving her permission to eat it. "Are you still calling Chen tonight?" questions JJ.

"Yeah I guess." I sigh pushing the food on my plate around with my fork. "I wish they would've at least woke me up before they left. I didn't get to say good bye." I mumble sadly.

"They just didn't want to make you upset." says Mal shrugging her shoulders. She reaches across the table and takes a piece of lettuce from my salad. I swat away her hands and pull my plate closer. "It's not like you were going to eat that. You only ever eat the croutons." 

"Shut up Mallory." I huff looking to Julie for some actually advice. 

"You don't have to be a jerk." grumbles Mallory. "Geez." 

"Mal you need to finish your food miss thing." says Christen walking up behind her. "You can't just eat salad. You need to finish your soup and broccoli." 

"I'm full Chris." isist Mallory looking at her with pleading eyes. I roll mine knowing that it'll never work. Press will still make her finish. 

CP sighs, "Fine, but no more cookies. Don't think I didn't see you a second ago." What?! I wish Tobin acted like Christen. Mallory blushes but nods her head making Press laugh and ruffle her hair. "Jules are you set to hang out later?"

"I just got to run it past Mama, but we should be fine. We're watching Pitch Perfect right?" responds Julie smiling up at her. 

"Yeah." nods Press. "I got us some popcorn and M&Ms."

"Sounds great." grins JJ standing up. "I'll be  right back. Do you want to come with me to asks?" Christen nods and the two of them walk off. I look back across the table and see Mallory scowling at them. 

"Mal," I call pointing my fork at her, "you alright kiddo?"

"Chris was supposed to take me to the mall tonight." frowns Mal picking up her dishes off the table. "I'll just do some homework I guess." I watch as she throws away her trash and walks out annoyed. Poor kid. I finish the last bit of my salad and get up to find A-Rod or Tobin. I put my stuff in the trash can on the way to them. 

"Aims can I use your iPad to facetime Momma?" I ask giving her a kiss on the cheek hoping to get her to say yes. 

"Yeah baby." she says pecking my cheek. "You want to go call now?"

"Yes please." I reply smiling. "Tobs you want to come too?"

"Sure." she nods getting up and following us out. We get to their room and Amy gets Facetime set up for us and lets me hold the iPad as her and Tobin sit on either side of me. "Moe stop bouncing. You're going to make Lauren sick."

"Oops." I giggle trying to sit still. Before I can say anything else Jrue's face pops up with Cheney behind him.

"Hi baby girl!" greets Daddy blowing me a kiss. "You were sleepy when we left this morning. Momma didn't want to wake you because you were running a fever. Has it gone away yet princess?"

"It broke about three o'clock today." answers Amy leaning her head on my shoulder. "She's been running around since." Momma and Daddy laugh and I roll my eyes and playfully push her off.

"I'm glad you feel better MoMo." smiles Momma adjusting the camera. "Are you going to be able to practice tomorrow?"

"Yeah but only in the afternoon." I say.

"As long as her fever stays away." adds Tobin. "She's going to be going to sleep in the next few hours."

"Tobs it's only seven." I pout.

"Yeah and you'll be in bed by nine-thirty." she says tapping my nose. I cut my eyes at her and huff. She always treats me like such a baby. 

"I think that's a good idea kiddo." says Momma. "You need your rest. Just because that fever went away does not mean you're back to one hundred percent. I don't want you going nuts during training tomorrow. You better take it easy if you know what's good for you."

"Your Momma's right princess." agrees Daddy. "If we find out you don't take it easy you're going to be in trouble when you come to visit."

"Yes sir." I mumble looking down. Tobin, Momma, and A-Rod talk for a little while before I get brought back into the conversation. 

"Morgan Paige are you listening?" asks Momma.

"Huh? What did you say?" I ask. 

"We were asking you what you thought about going with Amy to see Ryan once camp is over and I'll meet you there so I can see the little guy and then we'll fly back to NOLA together so you can see Daddy." explains Momma not looking very happy to have to repeat herself. 

"Yes ma'am that's fine." I say sheepishly. 

"Morgan." calls Daddy curiously.

"Sir?"

"Why aren't you wearing your splint for your finger?" he asks raising his eyebrows. "You need to go put it on."

"Its heavy." I explain hoping to get out of wearing it. 

"Moe it's going to heal crooked if you don't. I know it's not that comfortable but you need it. Please go put it on love bug." he says softly. I frown but nod.

"I'll be right back. Don't hang up." I tell them giving Tobin the iPad to hold. 

"We won't baby." assures Momma as I climb over Amy and off the bed. I run down to mine and Julie's room to get the stupid splint. As I go to swipe my key card I notice something out of the corner of my eye. I turn and see it's Mallory standing in her doorway holding a book. She looks like she's lost in thought. 

"Mal?" I question walking towards her. "Kid what's wrong?"

"Moe?" she says startled. "Oh h-hey."

"Whatcha doing standing here? I thought you were going to work on your homework tonight." I say looking down at the book in her hand and notice it's an anatomy text book. 

"I don't- I need help." she sighs glancing around me to my door. "Chris said she'd help, but she's not answering my text and she's with Julie and and-"

"Mal calm down." I say giving her a hug. "You don't need to cry. I was just about to go in there to get something. Come with me and we'll see what they're up to, okay?" My younger teammate nods into my shoulder so I lead her back across the hall and into our room. "Hey guys." I greet going to the desk to get my splint. "Chris, Mallory, needs help with her anatomy."

"Mal I'm hanging out with JJ right now." says Christen dismissively. "Why don't you go ask Becky?"

"You said you'd help though." frowns the teen furring her eyebrows together. 

"I'm busy right now." 

"But-"

"No Mallory." states Press firmly. Mal huffs loudly showing that she's annoyed and stomps out slamming the door. Christen groans and rubs her face. 

"Pressy you should go talk to her." suggest Julie nudging her. "She's been lugging that book around since last Thursday, obviously she's having some trouble."

"You're right." sighs CP getting up. "I'll go check on her."

Mallory's POV

Christen is a jerk face. I throw my text book on the floor before flopping down on my bed and yelling into my pillow. I get done and roll over on my back and frown. "Mallory Diane Pugh open this door right this minute miss thing." says Chris knocking on my door. I get up and swing the door open and without looking at her I go back to being face first on my bed. I hear her pick up my book and put it on the desk before sitting down next to me. "Mal baby, look at me please." I shake my head no and turn my face away from her. She didn't want to talk to me earlier so I don't want to talk to her now. "Mallory Diane." she says in a warning tone. I continue to stare at the wall. "Mal c'mon." she sighs. After me not replying she gets quiet for a few minutes before saying, "I'm sorry baby, but you made me have to do this." Her hands immediately attack my sides with tickles making me burst out into laughter and roll over to face her. 

"Chrisy- Chris stop!" I giggle kicking my feet trying to get her away from me.

"There's that million dollar smile." grins Christen finally stopping. I sheepishly mutter thanks and hide my face in her lap. "Oh don't do that pretty girl." She lifts my head off her lap and helps me sit up. 

"Why won't you help me with my worksheet?" I ask frankly crossing my arms. Her smile falters at my question and she reaches to push my hair off my face that has fallen out of my braid because of a recent visit from the Tickle Monster. "You said you would this morning and you said you'd take me to the mall but instead you watched a movie with JJ."

"Baby I'm sorry." she apologizes softly. "I honestly forgot that we had plans and when Julie came down for dinner I got so excited because I haven't been able to see her I didn't even think about it."

"It's okay." I tell her leaning against her shoulder. "I shouldn't have gotten so md when you told me you were busy. Everybody on the team has offered to help me too so I should have just gone to someone else." 

"I should have come as soon as you texted me the first time. Julie would have understood if we needed to reschedule. In fact, JJ is the one who told me to come talk  to you."

"Really?" I curiously ask.

"Yep. " nods Chris pecking my forehead. "We all care about you Mal-Pal." I smile thankfully and snuggle closer to Christen happily. "I love you little bit, but we have got to get your temper under control. I can't have my little sister going around slamming doors and stomping off now can I?" I shake my head no so she kisses the top of it again. "That's my girl. Now how about we get started on the anatomy sheet?"

"Okay." I nod getting up to get the stuff smiling gratefully. "Hey Chrisy?"

"Yeah Mally?"

"I love you." 

"I love you too baby girl." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.5K 1.6K 32
An Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath friendship fanfic.
33.3K 1K 25
Former USWNT players, Kelley O'Hara and Hope Solo have been married for a few years now. Kelley learns that Hope has cheated on her while she is expe...
35.5K 719 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
40K 1.3K 15
Childhood best friends Hope Mikaelson and Josie Saltzman go through every important part of their lives together. Soon enough feelings grow deeper fo...