Wands And Knives Cross

By prcbthshpr

This story is about the friendship of Hermione and Annabeth and it's from Hermione and Annabeth's POV. More

Author's Note
All Because of A Cup of Cappucino
First Chit-Chat
Thoughts About Her
An Unexpected Call
The Journey
A Visit To Olympus
Monster Catastrophe
Mango Ice Cream and MnM's
Making Plans
Moving In
The New Member
A Tragedy
Good News
Camp Half-Blood
Butterbeer and Barbeque
This Is Not The End
Author's Note

Clear-Sighted

856 15 1
By prcbthshpr

Annabeth's POV

"Here we are." I announced to Hermione. Her eyes turned as big as saucers. "So... this is The Empire State Building." We stood on the sidewalk and viewed the building in all its glory.
I saw Olympus very high up. A funnel of churning clouds. A small glimpse of a big palace. The Olympians' throne room. I've never been there for quite a long time.
"Annabeth," Hermione nudged me. "It's a sunny day, isn't it?" Why all of a sudden she asked this weird question? "Yeah. The sun is shining bright." I answered coolly. "But why is there storm clouds on the building?"
OK, she could see through the Mist. Right. Absolutely normal. She's a witch. "That's Olympus." I answered. Her eyes shone. "If I can see it, can I go up there?" She asked me once again.
"No, Hermione. I wish I can bring you up there, but... it's only for godlings and immortals. I'm not sure if you can go up there." Hermione shrugged. "Fine. Let's take some pictures." She pulled out her phone. "Now let's visit the lobby." Hermione said after taking a few photos. We walked casually towards the Empire State Building.
"Hello," I greeted the doorman. The doorman was reading a fantasy book, as usual. He didn't even look up once. Hermione looked wistfully at the magic key card on the doorman's desk. I knew, she absolutely wanted to go upstairs.
OK, I'm not much of a rule follower, I thought, and she's a mortal who can see through the Mist. Rachel, our Oracle, was also up there once before she was made Oracle. So why can't I take her upstairs?
"600th floor," I said to the doorman. He immediately looked up from his book. "There's no 600th floor, kiddo." He said his usual line. "I'm a half-blood, and one of The Seven. Why can't I go up there?"
The doorman gave me the key card. "Fine. Insert the key card into the slot. Make sure no one else is in the elevator with you." I smirked at Hermione. "Let's go sightseeing," Hermione looked shocked. "You said I can't go,"
"I've changed my mind. C'mon, let's go." I dragged her towards the elevator. The doorman didn't notice that Hermione was with me too. Weird, I thought as the elevator doors closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 76 12
Dan is sent to Kansas to spend time with his cousin Dorothy for the summer and when he gets there he sees that Dorothy is going to lose her dog Toto...
1.3M 52K 55
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
36.4K 757 28
The Descendants are finishing their junior year of high school, and summer is coming fast. What will they do over the summer? Mal has been wanting to...
1M 38.7K 91
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...