Love, Anonymous (COMPLETED)

Por ANNwithnoE

In an alternate universe, Maine Mendoza fails to make it as a talent in Eat Bulaga, and pursues her other dre... Más

Chapter One - Passenger by Chance
Chapter Two - Splitscreen Chemistry
Chapter Three - Chance Encounter
Chapter Four - Weather Beaten
Chapter Five - Sweet Surrender
Chapter Six - Gaining Momentum
Chapter Seven - Meet the Parents
Chapter Eight - Inner Conflict
Chapter Nine -The Gentleman of Verona
Chapter 10 - Arrivederci
Chapter Eleven - Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve - The Pessimistic Optimist
Chapter Thirteen - Reluctant Celebrity
Chapter Fourteen - Bit by Bit
Chapter Fifteen - Paradigm Shift
Chapter Sixteen - Serendipity
Chapter Seventeen - Destiny Claimed
Chapter Eighteen - Career Milestone
Chapter Nineteen - Uncertainties
Chapter Twenty - Secrets
Chapter Twenty One - Miggy's Story
Chapter Twenty Two - Agitation
Chapter Twenty Three - Patring's Request
Chapter Twenty Four - The Package
Chapter Twenty Five - Stalemate
Chapter Twenty Six - The Solution
Chapter Twenty Seven - Tying Loose Ends
Chapter Twenty Eight - Full Circle
Chapter Twenty Nine - Plot Twist
Chapter Thirty - I Do
Chapter Thirty One - Harot Night
Chapter Thirty Two - In Sickness and In Health
Chapter Thirty Three - Realizations
Chapter Thirty Four - Wanting
Chapter Thirty Five - Miscommunication
Chapter Thirty Six - Eye to Eye
Chapter Thirty Seven - In A Heartbeat
Chapter Thirty Eight - Starvation
Chapter Thirty Nine - Cravings
Chapter Forty - Intermission
Chapter Forty One - Waiting
Chapter Forty Two - Aftermath
Chapter Forty Three - The Homecoming
EPILOGUE

Prologue : Destiny Calls

25.3K 466 14
Por ANNwithnoE

Photo Credit : http://channelvid.blogspot.com

THE CANDY FAIR, OCTOBER 02, 2010

MAINE

Wearing heels with pointy tips was a bad idea, Maine thought belatedly.

Her feet were beginning to ache, her toes felt the full impact of the squeezing tightness of her pointy stilettos. Arghhh, the sacrifice of trying to look sexy would one day be the death of her. Everything she wore today seemed okay before she left the house. She was confident that the denim shorts showcased her long slim legs, and her black stiletto pumps made her legs look even longer. Her tank top showed a bit of her taut midriff, which she could easily hide with her light grey jacket, just so her dad wouldn't have a fit and change his mind in allowing her to attend the fair.

All this for a picture with Daniel, who was supposedly gracing the event as one of the candy cuties. The irony of all this though, was that Daniel didn't show up. All her effort for nothing, and for sure, Coleen would have the last laugh when she got home. Dressing up for a stupid crush WAS pathetic. Little did Coleen know, she had another reason for coming to this fair.

Three weeks ago, Maine and her friends chanced upon a fortuneteller's booth in a mall. Out of curiosity, she and her friends had their fortunes read from a deck of playing cards. When it was her turn, the fortune teller gazed at her unblinking, with eyes that seemed to see through her. It was funny at first, straight out of a movie scene. After several deck shuffles, cuts and three knocks on the deck, she was given a reading of her future.

"Hija, sisikat ka," She said with conviction, as she flipped the cards one by one. "Sisikat ka, maraming hahanga sayo. Malapit mo na makilala ang magmamahal sayo ng tapat. Makikita mo siya sa isang malaking pagtitipon, maraming tao, maraming ganap. Three to four days, weeks or months from now, mangyayari ang pagtatagpo ninyo . Makikilala mo na siya. Maging mapagmasid dahil baka mawala rin siya sa iyo."

They all had a good laugh after that. But Maine hugged the reading to herself. She was a hopeless romantic, she liked the idea of meeting her destiny, and wanted it to happen. She wanted to meet the boy who would love her for real. Was it Daniel? 

And then it hit her, the Candy Fair was three weeks away. She excitedly planned her meeting with Daniel, thinking, hoping he was the one. He probably didn't know it yet, but she knew. She was so sure.

Pfffft. So far her search for Mr. Destiny was a dismal failure. Fortunetellers get away with it all the time, with nary a scratch. Hula nga eh, that's what they all say. Pwedeng magkatutoo, pwedeng hindi.

She wanted to walk around barefoot, she imagined her toes were deformed from standing for two hours in heels. But people would stare and she hated being ogled at. Fact is, she felt like someone was staring at her right now. She looked around, trying to shake off the weird feeling of being watched. Her gaze collided with an intensely brown pair of eyes, unblinking, staring at her appreciatively.

He was one of the Candy Cuties, wearing the white shirt with the Candy logo in front. Kinda cute, she decided, but his hair could use some grooming. He smiled slowly, and the dimples took her by surprise. Damn, his smile was incandescent. Perfect set of teeth, stubborn chin with a hint of stubble, a single pock mark on his right cheek that gave his face character instead of marring it.

"Maine," her friend Michele rushed toward her, breathlessly, holding on to a Candy Cutie for dear life.

"Take a pic of us please, sige na. We'll be leaving soon, andyan na sundo ko." She obliged wordlessly, losing interest in the fair. Going through the motion of taking pics, she listlessly glances away from the camera and finds Dimples still smiling at her, then he winks. Impulsively, she hands the camera to Michele.

"Mich, ako naman, kunan mo kami." She walks over to his side, admiring his tall, lean frame. Dimples snakes an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

"Hmmm, akbay agad ha," She says, but with a smile. Dimples just flashes his megawatt smile and they pose for a picture. His hand lingers on her shoulder, they lock gazes again for a few seconds.

"Thanks, see you soon," He says, reluctantly letting her go. Puzzled, she looks at him, waiting for him to elaborate but another girl lined up for a photo with him was tapping her foot irritably. Mich pulls her hand impatiently, as they walk towards the car to leave the fair.

In the car on her way home, she reviews all the photos they've taken. To cap her shitty day, her photo with Dimples was blurred. Arghhh, it's the only blurred photo! She tried to conjure his face in her mind but couldn't remember what he looked like. Dimples and brown eyes, she told herself, watch out for someone with dimples and brown eyes.

ALDEN

It was late in the evening by the time Richard got home. His feet ached from standing too long, his jaw hurt from all the smiling. Still, it was a gig that brought him money, so it was all good. He said his goodbyes to Mama Ten, his talent scout, and entered the house. His dad was still awake, waiting for him.

"RJ," his dad nodded at him, briefly tearing away his gaze from the movie he was watching on DVD. "Tumawag ang GMA kanina, may screen test ka daw ."

Richard groaned inwardly. Another screen test that might end in failure, he thought dejectedly. He was tired of auditioning, of attending screen test after screen test, only to be told that he wasn't quite what they were looking for.

"Dad, ang dami ko ng absences sa school. Baka reject na naman ako diyan, sayang subject ko kung uulitin ko po."

"Ikaw bahala anak. Pero si Direk Mac Alejandre daw ang nagrequest ng screen test. That must mean something diba?"

"Huh? Bat naman niya ko irerequest, di ko naman siya kilala?"

"Ewan ko. Basta yun lang ang sabi ng secretary niya, punta ka daw sa GMA sa Monday, mga 10 AM."

"Sige po Dad. Pero last na 'to. Pag di ko pa din napasa, ayoko na po mag-artista."

"Sige anak. Last na yan. Kumain ka na ba?"

They talked while he had a late dinner. He talked about the Fair, the people he met, some talent scouts who gave their cards to him, promising him inclusion in their future projects. He was hopeful that he'd get called for a go-see, maybe for fashion shows or TVCs (TV commercials) because they were good references he could include in his portfolio. He needed money for the remainder of his tuition fee but was too embarrassed to ask his dad, knowing how difficult it was for his dad to budget his earnings for them all. Being a contractor was a risky business, not all clients pay on time, or worse, some don't pay at all. Richard tried to help with his modeling gigs and the prize money from school pageants he joined and won. It was hard but he wasn't complaining.

Lying on his bed after a shower, his mind relived the Candy Fair: the actors who graced the event, people he met, the activities that attracted so many girls. Enzo Pineda, one of the Starstruck discoveries was there. He thought back on his Starstruck audition and how it hurt that he didn't make it. His mom was so sure, so confident that he was made for showbiz and yet, here he was, facing one rejection after another.

Closing his tired eyes, a face loomed in his imagination. Deep-set eyes, a straight nose and full lips that smiled generously, showing teeth still encased in braces. She had thick straight hair and coltish long legs, a little girl lost look in her face that made him want to leave his post and keep her company. She looked awkwardly sweet, trying to personify some femme fatale, but ended up looking so adorable. How old was she, fifteen? Sixteen? "Thanks, see you soon," He told her. It boggles his mind where that came from, but gut feel told him that they would cross paths again. Hopefully not too soon.

He shook his head, reminding himself of the harsh realities he needed to deal with. Girls, fun, love would have to wait. His family came first, and even though he wasn't the eldest, he appointed himself as the solution to their financial dilemma. His hand reached for the scapular on his chest, rubbing it, praying for guidance and grace.

"Help me with this screen test Lord," He prayed, "Give me a sign, show me if I am cut out for this business."

He finally drifted off to sleep, dreaming of his mom, missing her words of encouragement and warmth.

NOTE:

A week later, Richard got his first big break as Louise delos Reyes' love interest for the afternoon soap "Alakdana," and was signed up for a 5-year contract as a GMA Kapuso star. The show also gave birth to his new persona, the future matinee idol, Alden Richards. 

Finally, his destiny was getting clearer.

,

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

347K 15.7K 68
Set seven years into the future, let's all meet and love Thirdy, Charm and Seb Faulkerson. This book is inspired by a story I wrote on Payb Takes. I...
235K 1.4K 32
#2 maine #1 rj #6 alden #8 alden #1 eatbulaga #7 maine NcmnRchrd po yung BOOK 2
10.2K 184 19
Isang tahimik, mayaman, at matalinong babae ngunit isa siyang nerd at isang matipunong lalake guwapo at higit sa lahat mayaman ngunit isa siyang play...