Beware The Haunted House

By sush01031994

Katherine William's father has passed away. Her life has turned upside down without him. She along with her f... More

Gloomy Days
Lovely Villa
Encounter
Midnight Horrors
The Mad Man
Unexpected Death
Nick Is A Nuisance
Skiing
The Room
Horror, Horror Everywhere!
Bravery
Big Day
Strange happenings
The Haunted House
Trouble
Trapped
Playing with minds
The Curtis
Progress
Illusions
The key to success
Heartbreak!
Farouk
Curtis Again
Every Story Has A happy Ending!

The Diary

5K 267 92
By sush01031994

After school, we quickly headed to the haunted house. The snow was soft and our boots sank in as we walked. Soon we were inside the house--silent and cold!

I tried the key in the keyhole. It seemed to be jammed somewhere. I was disappointed. Jason tried it. It got stuck somewhere. The door didn't budge. On second attempt, the door opened!

'Yes!,' I squealed with joy.

It was pitch dark I switched on the light and the chandelier came to life. I recalled how it had started swinging back and forth last time.

'This is beautiful!,' exclaimed Jason.

I didn't waste time and quickly started checking the drawers where i had seen the diary.

I found it....with a black leather covering, 1997 inscribed on it in gold.

'Jason, The diary!'

'Let's go out and read it,' he whispered.

I locked the room and placed the key in of my pockets. We got seated on the sofa and i opened the diary..

I saw

'This diary belongs to Suzanne Curtis' written in beautiful handwriting.

16th May,1997

Tuesday

It's ma second day in 'Lovely Villa'. I love it. It is beautiful. I and Williams share a room downstairs. The villa is very huge. I miss my friends back in Kingston. I'm also excited to start a new journey in South hampton. 

17th May,1997

Wednesday

I had a fight with my stupid brother. He broke one of my Barbie's leg. I cried a lot. Mother promised me to buy a new one. One day Williams have to pay for it. He is a scoundrel!

22nd May,1997

Monday

I love my school. I made friends very quickly. They want to visit the 'Lovely villa'. They will be speechless when they see the house from inside. I made a best friend, Rose. She's quite intelligent and shares all her secrets with me.

23rd May,1997

Tuesday

Mother bought me a new barbie doll. She has big eyes and long hair like Rapunzel. I named her Ela. I hide her in a secret place where Williams could not find her. When i showed her to my friends, they were dumbstruck by her beauty. I was showing off like anything.

25th May,1997

Thursday

Carl is so handsome. All the girls have a crush on him including me. He is so cool since he changed his hairstyle similar to Justin Bieber. I cannot get my eyes off him. Everyday i go to school in the hope to catch his attention. I tried to talk to him but i used to turn beet red.

I looked at Jason feeling the same towards him.

27th May, 1997

Saturday

Today was an astonishing day. Carl asked me out. I felt as i was in heaven. We are going to have dinner at Royal Costa. Rose is very jealous of me. I'm sorry for her. It's not my fault. She has stopped talking to me. How silly of her!

I turned the page. I kept on turning the pages. Nothing!

I was disappointed. Too many disappointments!

'I think she quit writing further,' said Jason.

'What..? It is a waste of time,' I cried.

'Hmm,' he said.

'I'm doomed,' I cried and flung the diary towards Jason.

'Why didn't she write anything that might have helped us?,' I moaned.

'I think she wrote something that can help us,' said Jason.

I watched Jason...his eyes fixed on the diary. He handed me the diary. On the last pages, Suzanne had scribbled something.

Farouk and Karboun are not ready to leave the house. We had rented it to them before one year. They begged my father for extra six months. Now they occupy all the three room upstairs. But i think they are crazy! I wonder if they are even normal human beings! They call themselves as scientists. Calling themselves as scientists is a shame for other scientists. They carry out stupid and illogical experiments on animals....frog,snake,snails,alligator,they have tried it on all the species! One of the rooms is occupied by these animals and the other room is called 'The Experimental Room' with a DND sign hanging on the door. They use the other room for sleeping.

Father forced them to leave the house as he feared that these experiments might harm us. But it did not matter to the stupid scientists.

One day, as i walked past their so called Experimental Room, I saw red fumes come out from the bottom. I ran away and never dared to go upstairs again. After Farouk and Karboun had experimented with a mice, they handed it to Williams. The problem was it no longer looked like a mice at all. It looked evil...half dead. Farouk and Karboun did something to it so that it never gets hungry again!

I complained about the mice to my father. At first, Williams was adamant and then he agreed to throw the mice away. Heshowed his anger on Ela and broke her leg.One day, papa lost his anger and was ready to file a complaint against Farouk and Karboun. But mother somehow convinced him not to do so... I didn't understand whose side was she on. Williams thinks that mom has a crush on Farouk!

And it was true. I found them dining together at Royal Costa. They were holding hands. I nearly puked. I was shocked and angry at the same time. I didn't tell about it to papa as i didn't want to add on his trouble. How much i wished Karboun and Farouk to leave the house immediately.

I stared at Jason blankly.

'Who is this Farouk and Karboun?,' I asked.

'Some scientists. There's more. Read it,' he said excited.

This is the worst day of my life. How can this happen? Curse Karboun and Farouk! I hate them. SCOUNDRELS!

How could they do this to my mother? No! No!...........

'That's all. What did they do to her mother?,' I asked curiously.

On the next page, I found some writing.

Curse Karboun and Farouk

These words were written again and again. It had been written at least a hundred times! In the last page, I found what Farouk and Karboun had done.

One evening, mom had gone upstairs to serve them a cup of tea. I, papa and Williams were downstairs watching Tv. Suddenly, we heard mother scream. We rushed upstairs. The room was filled with smoke. I was not able to breath and my nostrils were burning. My father extinguished the fire and we saw mother, Farouk and Karboun lying unconscious on the floor. I burst into tears. Three of them were hospitalised. We were not allowed to see my mother for two days. I was not at all bothered about Farouk and Karboun.

The news was very much shocking. Mother was suffering from a psychological disorder and the doctors declared her abnormal! I was shattered.  Farouk and Karboun were alright...just a few stitches and a broken arm. When questioned,none of them remembered what had happened.

 After few day, mother returned home. Father filed a complaint. They were forced to leave the house the next day. My mother's face had lost the boldness and the charm. She was acting like a small baby. Father decided to leave South hampton and go far away!

The next day, father had changed his mind as Farouk and Karboun were ready to pay for mother's treatment on one condition that they were allowed to stay in the house. This thing went on for months. Farouk and Karboun continued their experiments without any interruptions. They kept their promise and paid for mother's treatment. Father had started drinking. He was fired from his job. I started doing all the house chores....cooking,cleaning,washing. I was burdened,stressed. One day, I went to Karboun and Farouk's room and warned them to leave the house or else i would tell about his affair with my mom to papa. But they laughed at me because my father won't believe me!

When i approached father and persuaded him to ask Farouk and Karboun to leave the house he shouted at me saying 'Where will the money come for your mother's treatment? Will you earn? We have no other choice but to let them stay here.'

My life was hell.Everyday in this house felt like a day in prison  Everyday i prayed none of their experiments to go wrong!

I was speechless for few seconds.

'What if their experiments had gone wrong?,' I said.

My hands were trembling. Jason put an arm around me.

'I think Farouk and Karboun died along with the Curtis in the explosion,' he said.

'Wait a minute. The newspaper said---One man sur......,' I said. ' I think it said-One man survived.'

'That means maybe Farouk or Karboun is still alive!'

'We have to find out soon. We have only one day left,' I said.

'But what if you find any one of them? How will they help you get rid of the Curtis? I don't understand,' said Jason.

I cried in agony.

'I don't know....I don't know,' I kept on saying tears rolling down my cheeks.

'Kat, calm down. I'm with you in it. Now, c'mon. Let's get out of here and go to my house,' he said rubbing my back.

I nodded and packed few clothes, undergarments and toothbrush.

Jason was waiting for me at the doorstep. Suddenly, i heard laughter. I froze.

Suzanne!

'Sorry, Kat,' she whispered.

I looked sideways trying to spot her somewhere close to me.

'I'm here.'

I looked up and saw her sitting on the window sill....spinning the hammer in her hand.

I was panic stricken. I understood what was going to happen next!

******************************************************

Woahhh! So is the hammer going to be aimed at Katherine or.............? Find out in the next chapter.

Leave in your comments below for any suggestions so that i can improve my story :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 422 12
My name is Katherine and I’m only 16 years old. I wanted a simple, happy life. But I haven’t been getting that lately. Instead, I find out that I ha...
28.6M 1.1M 56
[Completed] Elysia's life is turned upside-down when she's abducted by supernatural creatures with demonic eyes and threatening fangs. What's worse i...
6K 171 6
Isabella Swan is the only daughter of Charlie Swan, the leader of the Swan Mafia Family. While out with her father, they are attacked by a rival fami...