Illusions

Jason started punching the door.....banging it...twisting the knob.

'What made the woman do this?,' he shouted.

'I don't wanna spend the night here,' I said.

Jason started to pace the room furiously. I grabbed the door knob. I twisted it..but it was no use.

No! The door didn't budge.

'That's no use,' said Jason.

It was chilly and dark. My whole body trembled. Panic tightened my throat. I stumbled back from the door.

'Let me get hold of that woman,' he said gritting his teeth. 'I'm gonna kill her.'

I had never seen him so angry. His face revealed anger or disgust-I couldn't tell.

A thought came to my mind. The window! I examined it. It was open a chink.

I pointed the window to Jason. Snow streaked the window panes and clumped on the narrow sill. I stared at the tiny opening at the bottom. I sensed Jason standing beside me. I sucked in a deep breath-- and hurtled to the window. I grabbed the snowy wooden frame.

Uttering a loud groan, I pushed. Pushed up..with all my strength. To my surprise, the window slid up easily.

I pushed it all the way up.Then i grabbed the sill with both hands and hoisted myself up and tumbled headfirst outside. I landed hard on my hands and knees on the white snow. With a gasp, I scrambled to my feet and helped Jason get out.

'Are you okay?,' he asked.

'Yeah,' I replied.

I grabbed the window and pulled it shut. 

After few miles, I gave Jason a quick kiss and we parted ways. The moonlight made the snow sparkle, almost as bright as during the days. I broke into a run as i was already late. My mobile still had no network. I tossed back my hair and brushed a snowflake from my forehead. I kept on sliding and slipping. Somehow, I reached home. The curtains were drawn.

10:00 p.m.

Nick opened the door and i saw mother standing beside him with a scowl.

'Mom, I'm sorry,' i said taking off my boots.

'Come and have dinner,' she said meekly.

I was famished. I picked up the roasted bird, bite into it and my mouth flooded with orange sauce. Delicious. I finished it off and went to bed.

I turned on the heater and lay on my bed....under the covers.

My mind was occupied with questions---questions that had no answers.

Dr.oh! What was his name?

Dr.D-DARSON.

No!

Dr. Dickson.

No, Too big.

Dr.Dick! Yes, Dr.Dick. He can be a great help.

Did the Curtis kill the Brinton family or they really committed suicide?

No, that seems strange. The Curtis must have killed them as well as the couple.

But why? Why the hell are they haunting this house?

I've only two days...forty eight hours.

My life was going so smooth unless the Curtis ruined it. They are the villain of my story. I have to save my family before we are extinct like the Brinton's.