My Lovely Jerk {Completed}

Av TheRiverRunsDeep

You ever been tricked? You know, had someone make you believe something entirely different from the truth... Mer

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 5
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20
Chapter - 21
Chapter - 22
Chapter - 23
Chapter - 24
Chapter - 25
Chapter - 26
Chapter - 27
Chapter - 28
Chapter - 29
Chapter - 30
Chapter - 31
Chapter - 32
Chapter - 33
Chapter - 34
Chapter - 35
Chapter - 36
Chapter - 37
Chapter - 38
Chapter - 39
Chapter - 40
Chapter - 41
Chapter - 42
Chapter - 43
Chapter - 44
Chapter - 45
Chapter - 46
Chapter - 47
Chapter - 48
Chapter - 49
Chapter - 50
Chapter - 51
Chapter - 52
Chapter - 53
Chapter - 54
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter - 16

102K 2.1K 482
Av TheRiverRunsDeep

"The South End Mall?” I said with slight shock laced in my voice. Honestly, I had no idea what Bryson had up his sleeve, but I didn't consider a mall. However, now that I plundered on it for a second longer it made sense to come to the mall. I can get some food and clothes all right here: killing two birds with one stone, for lack of a better analogy.

“Yep, it is not as big and grand like East Side Mall that is a town over, but this is closer and it will get the job done.” Bryson told me as he parked the car in a spot that was about fifty feet from the main entrance.

Looking over at Bryson I gave a sly smile, “it is raining,” I stated.

Turning off the car, Bryson glanced over at me, “really? Couldn’t tell,” he proclaimed as he shut off the windshield wipers that were vigorously swiping from one side of the windshield to the other.

Giggling at him, I smiled even wider. “Did you bring an umbrella?” I questioned for the second time tonight.

Shaking his head, Bryson cut off the headlights and pulled the keys out of the ignition. “Nope. We will just have to make a mad dash inside.”

With a roll of my eyes, I thought about the excitement of running out in the rain and racing to the front doors of the mall. It sounded like a rush.

Unlocking my door, I looked over at Bryson as my hand clamped down on the door handle. “Last one to reach the entrance of the mall has to sing the winner’s choice of a song in the middle of the mall,” I challenged.

Before Bryson could agree or disagree, I opened my door and smiled the second the cool rain cascaded down on me.

My moment of happiness dwindled as I heard Bryson open his door. Deciding I could not spin around and enjoy the rain, I shut my passenger door and started to take off towards the mall.

The distance between me and the doors was becoming smaller and smaller. The closer I got the more I felt confident that I was going to win. However, soon I saw Bryson running right beside me. “Please tell me you don’t call that running?” He joked before racing forward.

With a deep frown I watched Bryson gain a leg ahead of me and in horror I saw him reach the front doors, throw me a wink and walk in.

Grunting, I slowed my pace for I had already lost. Upon trudging into the mall, I saw Bryson waiting for me a few feet from the doors by a forest green garbage can. Glaring at the victorious smirking Bryson, I walked past him and told myself that I would – attempt to -- ignore him...

“Oh, come on Elle, it is not your fault that you can’t remember that I was the Captain of the Soccer and Track team.” Bryson informed me as he walked over and started to stroll beside me. “If it makes you feel better, I will not make you sing in the middle of the mall.”

Shaking my head, I decided to speak. “No, I will sing. It was a semi-official deal I made with you. I keep my end of deals,” I exclaimed with a stern look.

Suddenly Bryson’s face lost color and he looked seconds from being sick.

“Are you okay?” I questioned with worry as I feared that he was getting ill. I halted my steps and placed my left hand on his right shoulder in order to stop him from walking away from me.

Clearing his throat Bryson nodded at me, “I’m fine ... but ... Elle ... can you promise me something?” Bryson asked.

“Uhhh, maybe. What is it?” I inquired as I removed my hand from his shoulder.

Rubbing the back of his neck with his left hand Bryson shifted his weight from one foot to the other. “If you get any of your memory back ... about me ... tell me. No matter how you feel, tell me because I want ... I want to help you work out ... certain things...”

I didn’t completely understand what Bryson meant, but I knew he was basically asking me to tell him when I started to remember him. Opening my mouth, I went to tell him about how I have been getting some memories back, like I was going to do in the closet at my mother’s home. Yet, I closed my lips because this time I was afraid he would get upset that the memories I’ve been getting have nothing to do with him. I could only imagine how much Bryson wanted me to remember him.

Rolling that thought over once more I considered that he really must want the old Elle back. Sighing, I grabbed his right hand and intertwined our fingers. “If I get any of my memories back, of you, you’ll be the first person to know.” With that said I gave him a smile and hoped he couldn’t see that I was hiding the fact that I have been getting some memories back.

Bryson did analyze me for a second before he solemnly nodded. “Hungry?”

I grinned, “starving.”

We didn’t talk on the way to the food court and I think it was because Bryson was thinking hard about something. A couple times, I glanced at him and wondered what he was thinking and if it had anything to do with me. However, I never voiced my curiosity because whatever is going on in that head of his is private and if he has something to tell me, I am sure he would tell me.

“What are you hungry for?” Bryson questioned.

Looking forward I realized we were now in the food court. Smiling, I inhaled the delicious smell of Chinese food from a common area a few feet in front of us. “I think I could go for some New Hunan,” I proclaimed as my eyes gleamed at the appetizing food not but a few feet in front of us. Yet, after a second past I realized something, “I don’t have any money, Bryson.”

Bryson shrugged his shoulders at my obvious statement and towed me over to the area where they were selling Chinese food.

An older oriental woman that was probably in her mid-thirties with long black hair that was tied back, looked up from her station and smiled at Bryson and I. “Hello, what would you like? We got sweet and sour chicken, beef and broccoli, noodles with choice of meat. Rice comes with meal and you can add an egg roll for a small charge.” The woman finished her tirade with an even wider grin then she started with, before focusing back on stirring a metal bowl of noodles and some sauce that she had in front of her.

My eyes danced over the glass that was in front of me to showcase the hot, steaming food on the other side. I licked my lips at the mouth-watering foods that were mere inches away. “Can I get some sweet and sour chicken, with fried rice?” I inquired.

The lady stopped stirring and moved the bowl aside. “Yeah, yeah, but fried rice cost three extra dollars.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “I thought you said rice comes with each meal.”

Nodding she continued to give me a courteous smile. “Yeah, plain rice not fried.”

Understanding her now, I gave a small frown because I really didn’t want to financially burden Bryson, even if it was only three dollars. “Okay, then I will just have some sweet and sour chicken and plain rice,” I told her.

“Anything to drink?” She questioned as she reach over to her right picked up the top plastic plate from a tall stack that was beside her.

Frowning deeper, I shook my head. “No, that is fine,” I stated. Turning to Bryson, I found him staring straight at my face. Thinking nothing of his blank stare, I tried to smile. “Since ... since you're paying, I guess I’ll go find us a table.”

After blinking a few times, Bryson gave me a nod and started to tell the woman what he wanted right before I left.

Walking out into the middle of the food court, I looked around for an empty table. Finally settling sight on a table a couple feet to my left, I walked over to it and sat down in one of the four grey metal chairs that were surrounding the square shaped table. Upon sitting down I started to feel bad that Bryson had to pay for my food. My deep rooted unhappiness only heightened when I took note that he would also have to buy me new clothes.  

Biting my bottom lip, lightly, I thought about how I should get a job. Sighing, I knew that was a very wise idea because I needed to start supporting myself since I am eighteen, mentally or not.

Without warning an arm came in front of my vision.

Pulling myself back to reality I saw that Bryson had just placed my plate in front of me. I gave him a grateful smile before noticing something was off about the food before me. My sweet and sour chicken there, like I ordered, but there was fried rice and also an egg roll there too. “I didn’t order this,” I spoke as I looked up at Bryson.

Looking at me with his effervescent green eyes, he gave me an acknowledging smirk. “I know,” was all he said before pushing a styrofoam cup my way.

Arching an eyebrow I grabbed the cup. “What is this?”

“Sprite,” Bryson told me as grabbed the fork from his plate and started to eat the noodles he bought for himself.

My eyes casted down as even more sadness coursed through me. He was too kind, I thought. “You didn’t have to buy this. Heck, you don’t really have to buy me clothing. I can make amends with my mother and get her to bring me clothes tomorrow.” I concluded as I began to realize that there was a cheaper solution to our issue ... even if it made me cringe to think of the mere thought of talking with my mom right now.

Bryson placed his fork back on his plate, swallowed the food in his mouth and looked directly at me. “I was honest when I said I didn’t pay attention to the fight that your mom and you had because it was between the two of you. But, I heard the raised voices, mostly yours and I could tell --- I still can tell -- that whatever your mom had said to you didn’t settle well with you. Now as for my financial state ... lets just say I have come into some money since you’ve gotten into a car wreck...”

“What do you mean that since I’ve been in a car wreck, you’ve come into some money?” I inquire with a curious gaze.

“Eat. Your food it’s getting cold,” Bryson exclaimed and then began to dig into his noodles once more. It was clear he was trying to avoid explaining what he meant.

Sighing, I noted that it wasn’t wise to question him right now because he was being beyond generous by paying for my food and clothes. So, pushing aside my million and one questions, I started to eat.

The food that was resting on my fork and a few centimeters from my mouth never reached my taste buds because I heard my name being called out from afar. Putting my fork down, I looked around the food court.

“What is it?” Bryson asked.

“I thought I heard my name being called,” I admitted. However, as I looked around I didn’t see anyone looking our way and I didn’t hear my name again. Shrugging it off, I started to try and eat again.

“Oh! Elle! I knew it was you!” A loud voice said from my right side.

Looking over I saw a teenage girl that looked no older than fourteen or fifteen. She had raven black hair, bright blue eyes and a round face that had a smile stretching from one side to the other. Yet, the smile flickered into a frown as she sighed. “I heard what happened to you ... and your two best friends ... So, I know you don’t remember me, but my name is Ebony. You use to babysit me a year or so back ... Anyways ... I’m just here with a few friends,” she said as she pointed to a table that was a couple yards away. “And ... and I just saw you and thought ... well, I thought I would say hi.”

Trying not to look upset that I didn’t remember her, I forced a grin on my face but the second I knew that my smile was fake looking, I proceeded to press my lips into a fine line. “I’m sorry,” I muttered.

Ebony raised an eyebrow. “Why are you sorry?”

“I’m sorry that I don’t remember you...”

“Oh! No worries, I understand and I know someday you will ... Anyways, ummm, beside the wreck ... how have you been?” Ebony asked with a concerned look.

“I’ve been good,” I spoke right before I saw Ebony’s eyes flicker over to Bryson for a mere second before focusing back on me. “Oh, silly me for not introducing you to Bryson Wyatt ... my fiancé,” I blurted out without thinking twice.

Bryson eyes mirrored Ebony’s which were the size of saucers.

Ebony soon recovered from her shock before looking at me with a twinkle in her eye. “I knew you liked him! I mean you use to rant on and on about how you hated him. I kept telling you that you liked him but you told me that he was the bane of your existence, even though you never really communicated with him. Of course that was about ten months ago ... I guess in that time span things really changed.”

For some odd reason, in that moment, I tried to think back to see if Bryson had ever told me how longed we had been together. Yet, the more I thought about it in that second I knew he never told me how long we had been dating. But, I figured that it was more than ten months. I mean it takes more than ten months for someone to fall in love, right? ... How would I know the answer to that, I wasn’t in love ... no the eighteen-year-old Elle was ... but me, I was in limbo. I was fighting to find out the real me and how I really feel about everything around me.

Suddenly, it hit me that I was keeping Bryson and I’s relationship a secret so in return we might have been dating for more than ten months and I just told Ebony that for a cover story. But, did I really have to go so far as to tell her that he was the bane of my existence? That sounds a little harsh if you ask me.

“Ebony! Come on! We are going to be late for the movie,” a red head girl, around Ebony’s age, said as she raced over to us. Giving Bryson and I a quick, yet polite, smile she turned her attention to Ebony, who I presumed was her best friend.

Ebony nodded, “yeah, okay ... guess I will see you later, Elle.”

Not knowing what to say, I gave Ebony a small wave goodbye before she turned around and started to walk away with her friend.

The second she was gone I looked over at Bryson who was eating his noodles as if he had not eaten in days.

Before I was going to even touch my food there was one question I had for Bryson ... “How long have we been dating?”

Taking his time, Bryson chewed the mouthful of food he had and then swallowed. Setting his almost empty bowl back on the table he took a drink out of his styrofoam cup.

I started to become curious as to why he was taking so long to reply. It was a simple question, one I wanted to know the answer too. “How long have we been-?”

“Nine months,” Bryson told me.

I leaned back in my seat and sighed in happiness. I felt good that I didn’t say those mean things about Bryson to Ebony just to hide the fact that we were dating. But, just then I started to wonder what changed. What made me say those things to her and then a month later I start dating him? ... There was only one logical answer... I liked Bryson and like Ebony practically said, all my words of hate were just a cover up for the hidden feelings I had for Bryson.

My stomach gave a rumble and I knew I should eat something. Yet, as I began to dig in, I got an overwhelming headache. Closing my eyes, I pleaded for the headache to go away.

~

... “You are a bitch.”

I heard a voice, which I knew without a doubt was Bryson’s. Yet, I saw nothing. I was in complete darkness because my eyes were closed. However, I knew that I was getting a memory ... but the only difference between this memory and the ones I have been getting is that with this memory, I can’t see anything but a never ending black abyss.

“And you, Bryson, are heartless man that will one day realize that the only thing colder than you is liquid nitrogen.”

I said.

.... “I can see even more now why you are boyfriendless...”

His voice was cold and I was so confused at why he would say such a mean thing to me.

“Leave! You have said what you wanted and I’ve declined your offer.”

Offer? What offer?

“You’re going to end up alone, just like your mom...’”

~

Opening my eyes I found myself staring right at Bryson and he was staring right at me.

“Are you okay, Elle?” He questioned.

“I’m fine,” I mumbled.

Bryson gave me a concerned look that basically said the he didn’t believe me.

“Really I’m fine, just was thinking...” I trailed off.

“About?”

Sighing, I tried to consider what I would say next, but words were spilling out of my mouth before I could stop myself. “I was thinking about how since I met you I will no longer end up boyfriendless ... and alone ...  like my mom.”

All the blood drained from Bryson’s face.

“What is wrong? You look like you are going to be sick.” I had no idea what I was doing, but I felt like I was poking a fire ... and I knew what they said about fire: play with it and you will get burned...

But, as I sat there and watched Bryson compose himself, I knew playing with fire was just what I had to do because something was going on... he was hiding something.

“I’m fine,” Bryson replied in a flat tone that held no sentiment. “Elle, are you mad at me?”

His question was odd, but I wasn’t taken back by what he asked me. “Mad? Why would I be mad?”

I could practically see the gears moving in his head as he remained silent for a good long minute. Finally opening his mouth, he responded, “I just thought … I thought you had…”

“Thought I had what?”

Looking at me, Bryson shook his head. “Nothing. Finish eating so we can get you some clothes…”

“If there was something you were hiding from me … you would tell me right?”

“Why would you ask such a thing?” He inquired with an arched eyebrow.

“Why would avoid answering such a thing?”

Huffing, Bryson nodded. “I love you Elle. I would never hide anything from you.” His eyes were analyzing me. I knew he was gauging my reaction to what he just said.

“I love my mother, doesn’t mean I don’t lie to her…”

“What are you getting at Elle?”

Biting my lip, I decided that the conversation was going in circles. I wouldn’t admit my memory I just had and he wasn’t going to admit what he is hiding from me. So, with a sigh, I shook my head. “Nothing … Give me a second to finish this food and we can go.”

An uncomfortable silence collapsed over us and it was then that I knew that Bryson had full knowledge I was on too him … if only I knew what I was catching on too… 

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

52.5M 2.1M 176
"I was broken. Nothing, no one could fix me. Until you came into my life again. I wish I had gone with you that day instead of him. Because, now I ca...
90.2K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
416 80 21
There's a lot of things wrong with this place. This world. I never really understood it. Never understood why my mom said, "You're gonna change the w...
779 83 34
I thought I was going to start off the year normal: Enjoy senior year, play varsity soccer, maybe even fall in love. Unfortunately, my life has chang...